Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: YES!!! - The best thing that could happen in Naruto!! <3

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

YES!!! - The best thing that could happen in Naruto!! <3

The last page of the lastest chapter, we saw Naruto seemingly loosing Kurama (the Kyuubi), and in my personal belief, this is the foreshadowing of the best development in Naruto (The character) the manga has seen since the days of Naruto learning wind elemental and nature energy.

I'm not talking about personality development in this thread, but pure power and what it means to read a shounen manga. While I care about personality development like many others, this is not the point of this thread, please respect that.

Assumptions:
    • Naruto is not going to die (Obviously, no? Unless you're a diehard Sasuke fan I guess ).
    • Naruto is loosing Kurama, and being the main character of a shounen manga, it likely means he's not going to get him back unless he himself takes him back. How will Naruto do that without force?

So in other words, Naruto will have to fight with his own powers now, Finally! I never thought the day would ever come since the start of this long and boring war!
    While Kurama is pretty badass and interesting on his own, I don't like how Naruto rely on him without true strength of his own.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not underestimating nature energy and frog mode, but seriously now, how's that alone gonna do anything to Madara with Rinnegan and 10 tailed beast, without a serious powerup? Even Hashirama had nature energy and he was about equal to Madara before Madara's massive powerup... Just saying, Hashirama > Naruto without Kurama.

Naruto on his own without Kurama is not even respected as powerful enough to be in the top 5 in the manga, he's merely at the entrance of the bad ass fighter club of this world, he still got a long way to go.
    He has on the other hand gained respect on a personal level, but he hasn't reached the peak of power, he's way off from that, and that's kinda the end goal of a shounen manga.
    What we readers expect of a shounen manga, is a super powerful bad ass epic hero, saving the day, right?
    Naruto being medicore alone, and powerful with Kurama, is not gonna cut it, and thus why he has to loose him. At least for a while, until he can get him back.

It's too early to say how, but it's likely that Naruto will be trained by all the 5 Hokages, the 4 dead and 1 living.
    Heck, Naruto might just become the new Sage in the end, with or without Rinnegan, but a truly powerful heir to his bloodline none the less.

How else to become stronger than any of the previous Hokages, which is one of Naruto's goals, than to train with them personally? He's not gonna do it alone, period.

Another thought, Kurama seemed like he gave Gaara a message during the last pages, perhaps this is a farewell gift to Naruto, a way to keep the host alive, something only the Bijou and the Great Sage of the 6 paths knew about.
    A way to save Naruto, after Kurama has beeing forced out of Naruto's body.
    This would also show once and for all, that Kurama has started to care about Naruto, and not only coorporate with him to save his own neck.
    One final step, to fully create and connect the bridge of trust and friendship between Naruto and Kurama, a fitting timing and end, be it temporary or permanent in the long run.

Now a lot of this is subjective opinions, and that's fine, lets leave it at that. If you got anything you disagree with, lets be civil and respect each others opinions, I know I will

I wrote this pretty fast, so I might be more open to change of opinion, since I haven't thought it all through. What is your thoughts?

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: YES!!! - The best thing that could happen in Naruto!!

i hope that next chapter minato is just like heres my half naruto, and thats the end of it so all of this ^ just becomes impossible for irony sake.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Roman's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

What's likely to happen is one of these scenarios in my opinion:
    1. Bee and Gyukki chopped off one of the tentacles which would mean that Bee will sacrifice himself so Naruto doesn't die with imbuing the tentacle in him.
    2. Since this is a Shounen, it's not hard to believe that now, when Kurama's out of him, Naruto might actually get another power up.
    3. The information Kurama gave to Gaara is the seal that was used to put him in Naruto. Since no one else besides Minato could do it (which he can't because he's pretty much out of the picture), Gaara might be the one to do the seal again when Kurama's available for sealing.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kid Chameleone's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

if naruto does anything "epic" with his own abilities it will be a complete ass pull. he never trains in ninjutsu, taijutsu, sage arts or even genjutsu dispersal. his whole fighting style is based around rasengan, clones and power ups. if he suddenly starts pulling wind and sage jutsu out of his ass that hes never studied or trained for it will complete bullshit and an insult to us fans.

whats the point of showing narutos real abilities at the end of the manga? theres no point. naruto is juist gonna get the dark half of the kyuubi from minato.

my guess for the end of the manga is naruto gets the tailed beasts sealed in him and sasuke gets the rinnengan and they beat madara, then some lovey dovey BS. i just hope naruto ends up with hinata and not sakura

7. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BaddAzzKenpachi74's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Chameleone View Post
    if naruto does anything "epic" with his own abilities it will be a complete ass pull. he never trains in ninjutsu, taijutsu, sage arts or even genjutsu dispersal. his whole fighting style is based around rasengan, clones and power ups. if he suddenly starts pulling wind and sage jutsu out of his ass that hes never studied or trained for it will complete bullshit and an insult to us fans.

whats the point of showing narutos real abilities at the end of the manga? theres no point. naruto is juist gonna get the dark half of the kyuubi from minato.

my guess for the end of the manga is naruto gets the tailed beasts sealed in him and sasuke gets the rinnengan and they beat madara, then some lovey dovey BS. i just hope naruto ends up with hinata and not sakura
    Its obvious he has been training in sage arts, considering how often and how easily he is able to do it now.

Remember the fight against Pain? It was a whole ordeal for him to even get into Sage mode and even then he could not hold it for long.

Now he is entering it on the fly and is able to fight with it for MUCH longer.

Not everything is a "asspull".

Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki
    . ("Discuss This" http://discussthis.freeforums.org/index.php

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Cellshock's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't remember exactly what chapter it was, but during that flashback Kurama had with the sage of the six paths, the sage mentioned something about all the tailed beasts being reunited once again and then they would know true power or something along those lines. Whatever he meant is what I would guess is going to happen with Naruto in the near future.

It can't be Naruto becoming the host for the ten tails, but maybe somehow having all the tailed beasts sealed in him individually somehow. Would be more fitting that way since he wants to be friends with all of them, know there names and when he met the other jinchuuriki it in a way foreshadows that he would be there successor. Not only that but it would be an excuse to give Naruto a huge variety of abilities if he could use all of there unique traits, that could give him a plausible fight with Madara instead of spamming rasengan's at him.

off the top of my head I think a few chapters will go through Naruto not having Kurama anymore to eventually getting the other half from Minato. Maybe have round 2 of 5 kages failing against Madara or to hold him off till the other tailed beasts get sealed in Naruto. Though idk where Sasuke would fit in there, whether he gets the Rinnegan somehow or how he would be of any help to a 9 tailed beast Naruto... I'm sure kishimoto spent some time on that one.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Chameleone View Post

Christ on a crunch - I will punch my neighbour's baby is Sasuke ends up with Sakura.

On topic: I am betting it'll be a major asspull, where Naruto will demonstrate to us that he's mother-Teresa and Kung-frog-fu master all rolled in one, and with no prior trainings. It's ALL programmed in his Uzumaki genes or ass repository. it's all per-conceived, I tell ya.

---------- Post added at 03:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BaddAzzKenpachi74 View Post
    Its obvious he has been training in sage arts, considering how often and how easily he is able to do it now.

Remember the fight against Pain? It was a whole ordeal for him to even get into Sage mode and even then he could not hold it for long.

Now he is entering it on the fly and is able to fight with it for MUCH longer.

Not everything is a "asspull".
    Which ones are those? He can only throw FRS and that's it. Frog Kata is simple close quarters combat, and that's the only thing I'll give him. If FRS has suddenly become Sage Art, then I'll be damned. Come to think of it, has he EVER used FRS in base mode?

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Sage Mode and everything related to it is certainly not anything simple since only a couple of people are able to use it. That much is obvious even for someone who bashes Naruto every chance they get. FRS is not a Sage Art but can only be used in Sage Mode so it doesn't damage the body of the user. The fact that it's Naruto's invention and no one else can use it also shows its reputation.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

FRS is in a way a Sage Art, because Sage Mode FRS is the only version of FRS where Naruto can throw it and expand it from a distance, which seems to do a different kind of damage. If Kakuzu was hit with SM FRS, he'd be cut to ribbons, I'm betting. If Human Realm was hit with FRS, whether base mode or with the Kyuubi's chakra mixed in like it was against Kakuzu, it'd likely still be in one piece, but cells destroyed.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    FRS is in a way a Sage Art, because Sage Mode FRS is the only version of FRS where Naruto can throw it and expand it from a distance, which seems to do a different kind of damage. If Kakuzu was hit with SM FRS, he'd be cut to ribbons, I'm betting. If Human Realm was hit with FRS, whether base mode or with the Kyuubi's chakra mixed in like it was against Kakuzu, it'd likely still be in one piece, but cells destroyed.
    Naruto threw a normal FRS when he was in Sage Mode. Normal FRS can't be used without the Sage Mode. Oodama FRS, on the other hand, is something that can be executed only in SM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but the mechanics still spring from base mode. It isn't a unique art exclusive to SM.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    Naruto threw a normal FRS when he was in Sage Mode. Normal FRS can't be used without the Sage Mode. Oodama FRS, on the other hand, is something that can be executed only in SM.
    That's a Sage Mode FRS though, since it's made of natural chakra. Normal FRS can be used without Sage Mode and assumingly without the Kyuubi's chakra, but it's extremely dangerous for the user. Unless you mean "can," which I think that's what you mean since you said oodama FRS can only be used in Sage Mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by shahdan View Post
    Yes, but the mechanics still spring from base mode. It isn't a unique art exclusive to SM.
    I know, I was just mentioning there were at least two different kinds of FRS. Sage Mode FRS and Kyuubi chakra/normal FRS. Certain aspects of it are unique to Sage Mode, like shredding and expanding from distance.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a Sage Mode FRS though, since it's made of natural chakra. Normal FRS can be used without Sage Mode and assumingly without the Kyuubi's chakra, but it's extremely dangerous for the user. Unless you mean "can," which I think that's what you mean since you said oodama FRS can only be used in Sage Mode.
    But it's not. It's the same FRS that he used against Kakuzu. It's the same version except that he learned how to throw it and expand it, which he practiced without Ma and Pa knowing about it. I said that. It can be used without the SM but at the cost of the body, so therefore, it can't be used without SM technically. Oodama FRS is the only version of FRS than can be labeled as Sage Art since it can't be used in base mode regardless of at the cost of the body or not.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

But FRS can be used without Sage Mode since Naruto is still able to move. He doesn't get knocked out or incapacitated, it's just his arm that receives the damage. FRS is not exclusive to any mode, but using it with either mode just offers extra benefit. Naruto was able to use FRS at least three times before he got Sage Mode, even if he hit an opponent only once. More than proof enough that it can be used without Sage Mode or Kyuubi chakra mode.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

That's entirely up to you how you view it. Tsunade labeled it Kinjutsu without the Sage Mode so it can't really be used after max 3 times because of your busted arm. Sage Mode offers the luxury of avoiding that damage, nothing else. Anything else that Naruto did with FRS in terms of power is all thanks to SM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast