Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: YES!!! - The best thing that could happen in Naruto!! <3

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: YES!!! - The best thing that could happen in Naruto!!

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post

I know, I was just mentioning there were at least two different kinds of FRS. Sage Mode FRS and Kyuubi chakra/normal FRS. Certain aspects of it are unique to Sage Mode, like shredding and expanding from distance.
    The shredding is what FRS is supposed to do, as it's simply a collection of tiny blades that sever the chakra connections at cellular level. So it's like a high-speed blender. The shredding would seem more pronounced in SM as it enhances Ninjutsu.
    Last edited by shahdan; January 18, 2014 at 05:10 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sachsenhesse's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    YES!!! - The best thing that could happen in Naruto!!
    and i thought he meant the sword through sasuke

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Y'all forget his mother survived Bijuu extraction and even stated that it was because of the longevity and recovery ability of the Uzumaki clan that she didn't die. One would be safe to assume that also means he would most likely survive, albeit be very very weak and possibly on the verge of death.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    That's entirely up to you how you view it. Tsunade labeled it Kinjutsu without the Sage Mode so it can't really be used after max 3 times because of your busted arm. Sage Mode offers the luxury of avoiding that damage, nothing else. Anything else that Naruto did with FRS in terms of power is all thanks to SM.
    She labeled it as kinjutsu because of the damage to the user, meaning it can't be used in a fight again, not that it has a limit on how many times it can be used. Naruto was able to create FRS without Sage Mode and successfully land a hit and damage his target. Good enough for me. FRS just completes the jutsu and takes it further, just as how Sharingan completed chidori or how adding an element completed the rasengan and made it more powerful.

Don't forget Kyuubi Chakra mode, when he had the Kyuubi's protection.
    Quote Originally Posted by shahdan View Post
    The shredding is what FRS is supposed to do, as it's simply a collection of tiny blades that sever the chakra connections at cellular level. So it's like a high-speed blender. The shredding would seem more pronounced in SM as it enhances Ninjutsu.
    From Tsunade's assessment, the normal FRS works more like tiny needles, going after every cell like poison or something. I forgot the exact words, but she mentioned needles and poison.

I'm guessing Sage Mode FRS works differently because Naruto is able to throw it like an actual shuriken while Kyuubi or normal FRS is hit like a rasengan is.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

She labeled it as kinjutsu because of the damage to the user, meaning it can't be used in a fight again, not that it has a limit on how many times it can be used. Naruto was able to create FRS without Sage Mode and successfully land a hit and damage his target. Good enough for me. FRS just completes the jutsu and takes it further, just as how Sharingan completed chidori or how adding an element completed the rasengan and made it more powerful.

Don't forget Kyuubi Chakra mode, when he had the Kyuubi's protection.
    If Naruto could use it 3 times, then yeah, there is a limit to it. Sage Mode strengthens the body and thus allows Naruto to use it without dealing damage to himself. It doesn't power up FRS because it's the same one which he invented without SM. Kurama's chakra provides the same benefit. A version of FRS that is produced thanks to SM is Oodama FRS. I hope it's clear now.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing Sage Mode FRS works differently because Naruto is able to throw it like an actual shuriken while Kyuubi or normal FRS is hit like a rasengan is.
    It dosen't work differently but Naruto's strength is enhanced enough for him to throw the dense chakra of the frs. It's not implied the effects of the FRS differ in any way.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Sage Mode strengthens the body and thus allows Naruto to use it without dealing damage to himself. It doesn't power up FRS because it's the same one which he invented without SM. Kurama's chakra provides the same benefit. A version of FRS that is produced thanks to SM is Oodama FRS. I hope it's clear now.
    That's not really the most logical explanation. Sage mode made FRS stable enough to be thrown, rather than having to be thrust from the hand. Because Naruto's arm isn't near the explosion, he doesn't suffer damage.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xrayz0r View Post
    That's not really the most logical explanation. Sage mode made FRS stable enough to be thrown, rather than having to be thrust from the hand. Because Naruto's arm isn't near the explosion, he doesn't suffer damage.
    That's your opinion but as far as manga goes, it didn't do anything for the FRS other than to not take damage. Sage Mode didn't change FRS's stability or anything like that because Naruto practiced throwing it without Ma's or Pa's knowledge.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

That's your opinion but as far as manga goes, it didn't do anything for the FRS other than to not take damage. Sage Mode didn't change FRS's stability or anything like that because Naruto practiced throwing it without Ma's or Pa's knowledge.
    As far as manga goes? What do you think I'm reading?

Practicing in secrecy means that sage mode does not enhance FRS stability? The only way I can make sense of that, is that you're suggesting Naruto could not enter sage mode on his own while he practiced. He only started practicing in secret after he aquired sage mode. Yes, without the oil.

Now we can come up with any reason why sage mode would complete FRS. I chose stability, because apparently that's what stronger chakra does. Rasengan was completed because a clone took care of stability. With Kyuubi chakra, he didn't need a clone, therefore stronger chakra improves stability.

Whether stronger chakra makes the jutsu stronger by default while in that mode, don't really care. I don't see why not.

As for "not take damage". We all agree that sage mode makes him not take damage. The point is why is that? Sage mode made his body more durable. He fell down from the peak and it didn't hurt him one bit. That's at the macro level. All fine. At the cellular nerve level? Prolly not, based on Tsunade's analysis. Hence the only reason he doesn't take damage is because he throws it.
    Last edited by Xrayz0r; January 21, 2014 at 03:36 PM.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as manga goes? What do you think I'm reading?

Practicing in secrecy means that sage mode does not enhance FRS stability? The only way I can make sense of that, is that you're suggesting Naruto could not enter sage mode on his own while he practiced. He only started practicing in secret after he aquired sage mode. Yes, without the oil.

Now we can come up with any reason why sage mode would complete FRS. I chose stability, because apparently that's what stronger chakra does. Rasengan was completed because a clone took care of stability. With Kyuubi chakra, he didn't need a clone, therefore stronger chakra improves stability.

Whether stronger chakra makes the jutsu stronger by default while in that mode, don't really care. I don't see why not.

As for "not take damage". We all agree that sage mode makes him not take damage. The point is why is that? Sage mode made his body more durable. He fell down from the peak and it didn't hurt him one bit. That's at the macro level. All fine. At the cellular nerve level? Prolly not, based on Tsunade's analysis. Hence the only reason he doesn't take damage is because he throws it.
    You're complicating things. Of course he practiced it in Sage Mode, it's only natural that if his execution of FRS became perfect (i.e. not taking any damage), he'd start practicing and inventing new ways of using it in the battle. That doesn't mean that the Sage Mode is responsible for that. It's a matter of perspective. For me, Oodama FRS is something that we can give the Sage Mode credit to. That is all.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

You're complicating things. Of course he practiced it in Sage Mode, it's only natural that if his execution of FRS became perfect (i.e. not taking any damage), he'd start practicing and inventing new ways of using it in the battle. That doesn't mean that the Sage Mode is responsible for that. It's a matter of perspective. For me, Oodama FRS is something that we can give the Sage Mode credit to. That is all.
    Basically if he has a faulty jutsu, then learns sage mode, then comes back with a completed jutsu which is never used when NOT in sage mode, this would lead a logical person to conclude that its completion (AND excecution) has something to do with sage mode. Wouldn't it?

Would naruto literally make a point of "practicing it in sage mode because it's not perfect yet" if the only point of sage mode is to make an oodama version? Doesn't seem like there's any room to argue, really.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Basically if he has a faulty jutsu, then learns sage mode, then comes back with a completed jutsu which is never used when NOT in sage mode, this would lead a logical person to conclude that its completion (AND excecution) has something to do with sage mode. Wouldn't it?

Would naruto literally make a point of "practicing it in sage mode because it's not perfect yet" if the only point of sage mode is to make an oodama version? Doesn't seem like there's any room to argue, really.
    It was faulty in a sense that it damages the user. Otherwise it was perfect as far as basic Rasengan mechanics go. Sage Mode allowed him to use it without taking damage and take its usage a step further. The man invented a prototype above S-rank jutsu on his own, it's not surprising that he'd expand the ways of using in the battle. You may add that to Sage Mode benefits or you may not. Sage Mode benefits are for me Oodama version of it and maybe the expansion of it, which I forgot to mention.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

From Tsunade's assessment, the normal FRS works more like tiny needles, going after every cell like poison or something. I forgot the exact words, but she mentioned needles and poison.

I thought it was blades? Should be consistent with how it cuts clean through things.

Shouldn't work differently as SM only enhances base mode Ninjutsu and other stats, doesn't really add any upgrade to them. Although, I am still confused how it wasn't explained in the manga how he is able to do it in SM and other modes and not base mode.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

If Naruto could use it 3 times, then yeah, there is a limit to it. Sage Mode strengthens the body and thus allows Naruto to use it without dealing damage to himself. It doesn't power up FRS because it's the same one which he invented without SM. Kurama's chakra provides the same benefit. A version of FRS that is produced thanks to SM is Oodama FRS. I hope it's clear now.
    That's not what you ere saying. You were saying Tsunade labeled it a kinjutsu because Naruto couldn't use it too much when in fact, she forbade the use because of the damage it caused to Naruto and the severe damage to his arm.

Sage Mode also makes it possible to control chakra from afar, which is why Naruto is able to throw and make the FRS bigger. It has nothing to do with strengthening body to the point of not being affected by FRS, that's when Naruto is in Kyuubi chakra mode.

It powers up FRS and makes it different in a way. Naruto's normal FRS could not expand, be thrown, or rip anyone to shred like his Sage Mode FRS can. Naruto improved FRS using Sage Mode, he made it more dangerous without any danger to himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazytype View Post
    It dosen't work differently but Naruto's strength is enhanced enough for him to throw the dense chakra of the frs. It's not implied the effects of the FRS differ in any way.
    It does work differently, according to what we saw.... compare Kakuzu's body to Human Realm's, and what Tsunade said happened to Kakuzu's body, and what we see with Human's body. It's not implied because it's basically shown to us what the difference is.
    Quote Originally Posted by shahdan View Post
    I thought it was blades? Should be consistent with how it cuts clean through things.

Shouldn't work differently as SM only enhances base mode Ninjutsu and other stats, doesn't really add any upgrade to them. Although, I am still confused how it wasn't explained in the manga how he is able to do it in SM and other modes and not base mode.
    If I recall correctly, she said the FRS worked like needles attacking cells and was concentrated like poison or something, going after every cell. I don't entirely remember, but it failed to cut through Kakuzu's body and even the Kyuubi's. I forgot what it did to the Zetsu/the effect during the war when Naruto was using Kyuubi's chakra. But it makes sense because Naruto hits the FRS differently when he's in base mode or in Kyuubi chakra mode compared to Sage Mode.

Sage Mode does allow one to control chakra without being close, or natural energy or whatever. It's how Naruto can use frog fu without touching an opponent and how he expanded his FRS. When he hit Kakuzu with the FRS, I think he hit Kakuzu with the spinning rasengan in the center. When he hit Human Realm with FRS, it was the blade/s that touched it first.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

That's not what you ere saying. You were saying Tsunade labeled it a kinjutsu because Naruto couldn't use it too much when in fact, she forbade the use because of the damage it caused to Naruto and the severe damage to his arm.

Sage Mode also makes it possible to control chakra from afar, which is why Naruto is able to throw and make the FRS bigger. It has nothing to do with strengthening body to the point of not being affected by FRS, that's when Naruto is in Kyuubi chakra mode.

It powers up FRS and makes it different in a way. Naruto's normal FRS could not expand, be thrown, or rip anyone to shred like his Sage Mode FRS can. Naruto improved FRS using Sage Mode, he made it more dangerous without any danger to himself.
    He couldn't use it too much because he would injure himself too much, thus Tsunade called it Kinjutsu. Don't see the problem here.

That's what's left for interpretation. He was practicing throwing FRS without Ma's and Pa's knowledge but that doesn't mean that's SM's benefit.

It doesn't. It's the same FRS but the SM allows him the expansion of it and making it bigger, Oodama version. I mean for graphic sake, it's drawn the same. The SM just allows Naruto to manipulate the FRS in more ways, but the original FRS is the same.

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast