Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Who Will Win Block D?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rebecca

20 30.30%
  • Cavendish

7 10.61%
  • Suleiman

0 0%
  • Orlumbus

0 0%
  • Mummy

0 0%
  • Meadows

18 27.27%
  • Damask

3 4.55%
  • Rolling Logan

0 0%
  • Acilia

0 0%
  • Somebody else

18 27.27%
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who will win block D?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Spenzi's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Who will win block D?

Hi Guys

Block D is about to get very interesting! Everybody lying on the ground, one is getting back on his feet.

Who do you guys think will win the block D?

And maybe why do you think this person will win.
    22.01.2014: Vivi is going to participate the Reverie this year with King Cobra. And she'll finally join Luffy's crew.

Possible new nakama:
    - Kin'emon
    - Momonosuke
    - Rebecca
    - Bellamy
    - Ceaser Clown
    - Mancherie
    - Kanjuro

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will win block D?

Unfortunatly as much as i dont like her ill say rebecca. I believe she is the one who standing up

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The only interest was the poll but the result are hidden ?

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

4 votes for Rebecca, 1 vote for Meadows, 3 for "somebody else", 1 for Rolling Logan. I voted for Rolling Logan. Not for any good reason, I can't even remember who he is.

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Rebecca makes the most sense from a logical perspective, but also it's odd we hadn't seen Meadows, then again, only thing we saw of Lion was being defeated as well, Logan and Acilia are both not shown KO'd either as well.

.....this is torture Oda.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Meadows is too unimportant to win. Rebecca and Cavendish make sense. Anyone who wins has to have a role in the rest of the arc. Other than Cavendish and Rebecca, none seem like they play any role in the arc, once D Block ends. Most have barely even had significant speaking parts.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

I think it will be a situation like B Block. Barto won, but Bellamy still had a role to play. Whether Rebecaa wins, or Cavendish, the other will still play an important role in the arc.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

I fixed the poll, results are now public. Unfortunately stripping the poll and adding a new one was the only way to do this. I was sure to add the exact same poll options as the original. I apologize to anyone who has already voted.

I voted for Cavendish. Rebecca has an established role in the arc. She can lose and still play her part. Losing also sends her down into the factory, reuniting her with grandpa. Cavendish seems like he will be important. He has had considerable panel time for a new character, even getting to hang out with Luffy for a good portion of the arc. Winning makes it easier for him to play a role, without resorting to any asspulls. He could team up with Barto and Sabo, while Luffy sneaks into the factory.

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, but as people said, Meadows not being shown at all yet certainly is weird.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Yeah, but as people said, Meadows not being shown at all yet certainly is weird.
    I don't think it's weird. I just think he's fodder. I think it would be too random if a character who had not even had a speaking part won Block D.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes but Oda showed all the other fodders characters he named even for one panel. So why only this one would be missing ? If he ends just a fodder, I would consider it a mistake from an author who his usually really careful in this kind of things

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Aruba
    Post Thanks / Like

I think rebecca might just pull it off.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Yes but Oda showed all the other fodders characters he named even for one panel. So why only this one would be missing ? If he ends just a fodder, I would consider it a mistake from an author who his usually really careful in this kind of things
    Oda surely is careful and he surely knows that we know about it As time passes its harder and harder to suprise us really.
    So this time he has 2 spots open- for not introduced character to be shown as winner or Rebbeca- both outcomes would be shocker for many.
    I still go with Rebbeca and anesthesia flower being used and giving her a win.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I don't think it's weird. I just think he's fodder. I think it would be too random if a character who had not even had a speaking part won Block D.
    That's...the very point Kaiten.
    Because of that.
    You can look at every other Block, well of course except A.
    Every named fighter in each Block has gotten screentime, at least some, before the end.
    This Guy hasn't appeared at all.That is the very reason he is so suspicious.Cause Oda hasn't shown him at all, unlike everyone else.

I know what you mean, but the absence is the odd part.

Block B Fighters:
    Hack - Shown
    Dagama - Shown
    Maynard - Took out before it began but shown.
    Elizabello - Shown
    Abdullah - Shown
    Jeet - Shown
    Bellamy - Duh
    Bart - Double Duh
    Blue Gilly - Shown
    Lepanto - Shown
    Riku - Shown

Block C:
    Boo - Shown
    Sai - Shown
    Lucy - Duh
    Chinjao - Shown
    Kelly - Shown
    Bobby - Shown (Holy hell I nearly misspelled shown as funked.>.>)
    Jean - Shown
    Ideo - Shown
    Fighting Bull - Shown
    Hajrudin - Shown

D:
    Suleiman - Shown
    Orlumbus - Shown
    Cavendish - Shown
    Rebecca - Shown
    Mummy - Shown
    Acilia - Shown
    Logan - Shown
    Damask - Shown
    Lion - Shown
    Meadows - ???? Where is he?Where was he during the entire Block D Battle?And where is he now?

Of all participants he is the only one we have not seen, had no "speaking part".
    Everyone else has, granted, not the Lion nor the Bull but they all did.
    No matter how you look at it, it is odd that Oda has not shown this guy yet, the only one by the way and this coming to realization and to mind now after this havoc of Block D.
    This guy is NOWHERE to be found, and I highly doubt we missed him during the battle scenes of Block D cause otherwise this guy would be the sworn rival of Waldo.

And the fodder part doesn't really apply either cause the other Blocks surely had their share of "Fodder" as well, and each one of them got screentime, or a spoken line.

I have a hunch I MAY have seen him.Mind if provide the page?

Middle Panel.There are two people right side of Rebecca.

Is that Meadows seeing his costume being feline skin like a tiger,cheetah or whatever?
    Last edited by Beatrice; December 30, 2013 at 08:19 AM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Spenzi's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    That's...the very point Kaiten.
    Because of that.
    You can look at every other Block, well of course except A.
    Every named fighter in each Block has gotten screentime, at least some, before the end.
    This Guy hasn't appeared at all.That is the very reason he is so suspicious.Cause Oda hasn't shown him at all, unlike everyone else.
    Shit that guy isn't lying on the floor -.-", well it could be him. But why did Oda show us the flashback of Rebecca? Why is he making a flashback of Rebecca where she learns to fight and at the same time loses a fight in the collosseum?
    22.01.2014: Vivi is going to participate the Reverie this year with King Cobra. And she'll finally join Luffy's crew.

Possible new nakama:
    - Kin'emon
    - Momonosuke
    - Rebecca
    - Bellamy
    - Ceaser Clown
    - Mancherie
    - Kanjuro

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Spam286's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

So I've been bored today and spent the last hour or so counting. Here's why block D hasn't been very exciting so far:

Block B had 38 pages dedicated to it between chapters 706 and 709 (going from starting bell to winner declared). So that's 38 pages of 4 chapters.

Block C had 62 pages dedicated to it between chapters 714 and 719 (technically the starting bell rang in 712, but Oda moved away from it immediately and we didn't see any action until 714). So that's 62 pages of 6 chapters.

Block D has had 12(!) pages dedicated to it between chapters 722 and 733 (so far). That's 12 pages of 11 chapters.

Now here's why I think Meadows' non-appearance has been greatly exaggerated in its significance. Here are the panel counts for the named characters in block D (for the entire arc, not just block D's duration):

Orlumbus - 6
    Lion - 3
    Suleiman - 9
    Logan - 6
    Acilia - 3
    Mummy - 4
    Damask - 4
    Meadows - 1
    Rebecca - many
    Cavendish - many

Fact is, nobody's got any screen time save Rebecca and Cavendish. A few things to bear in mind too: If you take out all Logan's panels that also feature Rebecca, he's down to three. If you take out the panels which are just portrait shots with nothing actually happening in them, Lion has two (both shown during his defeat), Acilia has one, Damask and Mummy have one (their unconscious shots from 733), and Meadows has zip.

I think Meadows' non-appearance is entirely due to the fact that he's not even remotely important. He only has to be a little less important than the other block D characters to warrant not appearing at all. Combine that with the fact that nobody recognises him as anyone notable and that he wasn't introduced as anyone notable. For him to suddenly turn out to be important at this stage would serve no purpose whatsoever.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spenzi View Post
    Shit that guy isn't lying on the floor -.-", well it could be him. But why did Oda show us the flashback of Rebecca? Why is he making a flashback of Rebecca where she learns to fight and at the same time loses a fight in the collosseum?
    You guys don't know what red herring/leading someone on is, do you? Oda could be using a cliche storytelling to mislead us into thinking Rebecca's the one getting up.

Although, I think it's either Rebecca or Rebecca and Meadows, since I"m falling for the cliched storytelling. D:

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast