Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Who Will Win Block D?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rebecca

    20 30.30%
  • Cavendish

    7 10.61%
  • Suleiman

    0 0%
  • Orlumbus

    0 0%
  • Mummy

    0 0%
  • Meadows

    18 27.27%
  • Damask

    3 4.55%
  • Rolling Logan

    0 0%
  • Acilia

    0 0%
  • Somebody else

    18 27.27%
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 41

Thread: Who will win block D?

  1. #16
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA - USA
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    701
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who will win block D?

    I voted for Cavendish

    He is looking forward to fight luffy so bad, had a dramatic entry and mentioned that he is participating for a reason, with that buildup, I would expect him to win. The same can be argued about Rebecca as well, but her story can be significant even if she loses, by going underground.

    Anyways, the only way I see Meadows winning is by revealing him as a known person.

    His moustache and grin reminds me of Jabra


    but I doubt it would be him.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

  2. #17
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RichardMNixon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    889
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who will win block D?

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    You guys don't know what red herring/leading someone on is, do you? Oda could be using a cliche storytelling to mislead us into thinking Rebecca's the one getting up.
    That makes Meadows a red herring also. "Who is this mysterious fellow, so unique in his lack of page time? He must be a huge, important surprise! Oh, turns out Oda fooled me: he's just a noob with a cat for a hat."

    It's plausible that there's more to the guy, but it is equally plausible that Oda just felt like drawing a jaguar warrior with no further importance.
    The Grain Pirates. Scourge of Spelt, Corsairs of Corn, Rogues of Rye, Buccaneers of Barley, the Freebooters of the Farmland.
    What reason is there to stop a man from sailing?

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #18
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Ukraine
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    485
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who will win block D?

    I think it doesn't matter who won Block D, cause the tournament is over anyway. Diamante, Senor Pink, Lao G and Dellinger are at the toy house already; without them, block champions can't continue fighting for Ace's fruit. Perhaps there is no winner at all, and everyone was knocked out by one of Doflamingo's subordinates to capture and throw them all into the losers' pit.

  5. #19
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Spam286's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Macclesfield
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    174
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who will win block D?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta42 View Post
    I think it doesn't matter who won Block D, cause the tournament is over anyway. Diamante, Senor Pink, Lao G and Dellinger are at the toy house already; without them, block champions can't continue fighting for Ace's fruit. Perhaps there is no winner at all, and everyone was knocked out by one of Doflamingo's subordinates to capture and throw them all into the losers' pit.
    Diamante is still in the coliseum. The fourth person sent to the Toy House was Machvise. Doflamingo told Diamante that he would be enough to end the tournament by himself and he agreed. There's really no reason for that to have changed yet.

  6. #20
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Jeshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    76
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who will win block D?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spam286 View Post
    (...) Now here's why I think Meadows' non-appearance has been greatly exaggerated in its significance. Here are the panel counts for the named characters in block D (for the entire arc, not just block D's duration): [counts ommited for space] (...) I think Meadows' non-appearance is entirely due to the fact that he's not even remotely important. He only has to be a little less important than the other block D characters to warrant not appearing at all. Combine that with the fact that nobody recognises him as anyone notable and that he wasn't introduced as anyone notable. For him to suddenly turn out to be important at this stage would serve no purpose whatsoever.
    Your argument makes total sense, except for that one detail which I marked in red: Meadows is a named character, and it would be just... Oda-unlikely to fodderize a named character to this extent, not showing him at all. It Could be that Block D isn't over yet, then Meadows would get his chance to be properly introduced (even if, then, as named fodder - passed out on the ground like everyone else) - but then, again, D Block has dragged long enough and I, for one, would be really pissed if it dragged on even more: into a whole new year, and after 1 ~ 2 weeks hiatus.

    Quote Originally Posted by RichardMNixon View Post
    That makes Meadows a red herring also. "Who is this mysterious fellow, so unique in his lack of page time? He must be a huge, important surprise! Oh, turns out Oda fooled me: he's just a noob with a cat for a hat."

    It's plausible that there's more to the guy, but it is equally plausible that Oda just felt like drawing a jaguar warrior with no further importance.
    I can totally see this happening, and the narrator (or someone else commenting on the fact) having his pinky finger stuck up his nose while going "ah, yes, that tiger guy. I totally forgot about him."

    --

    edit: Ah, yes. I voted for "someone else" winning Block D. Who? I have no idea.
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Jeshua; January 01, 2014 at 11:29 PM.

  7. #21
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Gobblefunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Country
    Singapore
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who will win block D?

    With all the fire in the ring characteristic of a pyromaniac's skills, and the fact that Damask has a gas mask in the event that it was sleeping gas, I'm gonna have to go with Damask being the one standing up. But! I don't think he's the only one who's gonna stand up, and he's not gonna win.
    One Piece and Toriko - the two joys of my week.

  8. #22
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Country
    India
    Posts
    253
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who will win block D?

    My theory is that diamante attacked everyone. The reason I think so is because Lucy (Sabo) says I have heard of this happening before. Diamante is still in the tournament arena and hasn't shown any of his strength yet.

    Furthermore, the announcer says one person is attempting to get up. The word attempting would suggest that the attack was not done by the person who is getting up. Since he is the only person getting up it would suggest that someone outside of the arena sent the attack. The only person who would be able to have that kind of strength (and would be allowed to do that kind of attack) would be Diamante.

    I think the person who will get up is most likely Cavendish because he has had so many appearances and hasn't done anything yet. Rebecca and everyone else have shown their strength (except Meadows). I have no idea about Meadows. Maybe he will appear later with the other gladiators with the king and rise up against DD in the last fight.

  9. #23
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Spam286's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Macclesfield
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    174
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who will win block D?

    Quote Originally Posted by floman View Post
    My theory is that diamante attacked everyone. The reason I think so is because Lucy (Sabo) says I have heard of this happening before. Diamante is still in the tournament arena and hasn't shown any of his strength yet.

    Furthermore, the announcer says one person is attempting to get up. The word attempting would suggest that the attack was not done by the person who is getting up. Since he is the only person getting up it would suggest that someone outside of the arena sent the attack. The only person who would be able to have that kind of strength (and would be allowed to do that kind of attack) would be Diamante.

    I think the person who will get up is most likely Cavendish because he has had so many appearances and hasn't done anything yet. Rebecca and everyone else have shown their strength (except Meadows). I have no idea about Meadows. Maybe he will appear later with the other gladiators with the king and rise up against DD in the last fight.
    You need to explain why Diamante would mess up the tournament though. Just being there and being strong doesn't really give him the impetus to interfere in his own tournament.

  10. #24
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    At miles away from you...:p
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,966
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who will win block D?

    I guess i'm gonna settle for Rebecca . Even though i don't like her i kinda have the feeling she'll be the one winning and once again earn the people's trust or things like that *dramaaa...time*

  11. #25
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rokkenjima
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who will win block D?

    What I find odd is that we don't see Logan or Acilia.

    Especially the former who was chasing after Rebecca,clearly targetting her wanting to be the one to take her out but was never seen again after that.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

  12. #26
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,973
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who will win block D?

    Because they were taken out somehow, we don't really need to see more of those rather fodderly fights, we haven't even seen much of Cavendish fighting, as it was all about the cliffhanger of the last chapter, namely someone yet unknown had taken out everyone else.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  13. #27
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rokkenjima
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who will win block D?

    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Because they were taken out somehow, we don't really need to see more of those rather fodderly fights, we haven't even seen much of Cavendish fighting, as it was all about the cliffhanger of the last chapter, namely someone yet unknown had taken out everyone else.
    I hope you're aware that Oda had shown everyone in B and C Block taken out who was named.
    "They were taken out somehow" is quite the bad argument when Oda took the time to portray the defeat of all "Big Names" even Jeet and Abdullah, heck Fighting Lion who only was shown being defeated.

    An assumption based on....?
    Last edited by Beatrice; January 05, 2014 at 09:39 PM.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

  14. #28
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Country
    India
    Posts
    253
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who will win block D?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spam286 View Post
    You need to explain why Diamante would mess up the tournament though. Just being there and being strong doesn't really give him the impetus to interfere in his own tournament.
    For the same reason we all would've interfered with block D. Nobody in the block is strong enough to match up with Burgress or Sabo. He could have done it because he was bored and he wanted the victor to prove that he or she was actually strong.

  15. #29
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Spam286's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Macclesfield
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    174
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who will win block D?

    Quote Originally Posted by floman View Post
    For the same reason we all would've interfered with block D. Nobody in the block is strong enough to match up with Burgress or Sabo. He could have done it because he was bored and he wanted the victor to prove that he or she was actually strong.
    Somebody actually suggested this before, and I will point out again that a) block D is boring us because it's dragged on for 11 chapters, during which there has only been 12 pages worth of sporadic coverage and b) the coliseum is usually used for fights involving the prisoner gladiators of which Rebecca is the best or the local ones of which Spartan is one of the best, so even if block D doesn't compare well to the earlier blocks it's still going to be a lot more entertaining than anything the coliseum has seen previously, so why would Diamante be bored? Also, c) if what you say is true the victor will prove it themselves in the final so why bother cutting the audience's enjoyment short?

  16. #30
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Muhbaer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Austria
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who will win block D?

    I think it was Rebecca, and I don't think it was conquerer's haki, it was a fast combat technique toy soldier used. he's called the colloseum's lightning soldier.
    I think he taught rebecca the technique.
    that's why sabo said:"that was fast"
    my opinion.
    have fun, good luck

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts