Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: When was the first time Ichigo exhibit Quincy power?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: When was the first time Ichigo exhibit Quincy power?

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    Kubo definitely always planned Ichigo on being a Quincy. The Quincy symbols on his bedsheets and all those cryptic comments on the nature of Ichigo's power, especially when Byakuya said "It's almost as if....". Do you really think Kubo didn't know how to finish that sentence when he wrote it in the story?
    You mean when he fought Ichigo's Bankai? I thought that was just 'It's almost as if...he's achieved bankai'

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

When i saw that sentence from Byakaya i didn't really understand why it was cut half way, other then him being attacked. Ichigo's bankai never showed any hints of quincy, it was totally different compared to others bankai;'s but it didn't scream out quincy at all. What if the thing byakaya was actually going to say was 'Its almost as if this is..... his true shikai.' It's unlikely to be the case but still it makes more sense since bankai's usually exhibit bigger and bolder extensions to ones self.

Looking into it more he could of meant "it's almost as if he's suppressing his true abilities" I suppose we'll never find out what he was going to say, but does make you wonder i suppose
    Spoiler show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd go with chpt 49 when he "repelled" the cero blast with his zanpakuto. I think he absorbed it, when Ishida notes how Ichigo's strength was rapidly increasing it almost comes off as if he absorbed part of the blast into his own power. Which is why after he had taht burst of energy his power began to become unstable because he just couldn't handle all that power at once.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think there was any indication there that ichigo absorbed the blast... More so, wouldn't ishida have noticed such a thing? He was a very sensitive even back then... To me it looked like he overpowered the menos grande in question with the power he was releasing. Also, the point the manga made was that ichigo went like that because he couldn't control the power he was releasing, there was no mention of hollow or cero like power being released at the time.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

During the kenpachi zaraki fight when he stopped ichigos bleeding.

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheWanderer View Post
    I'd go with chpt 49 when he "repelled" the cero blast with his zanpakuto. I think he absorbed it, when Ishida notes how Ichigo's strength was rapidly increasing it almost comes off as if he absorbed part of the blast into his own power. Which is why after he had taht burst of energy his power began to become unstable because he just couldn't handle all that power at once.
    his reaitsu was rapidly increasing cuz it was like his very first getsuga tensho but less of its strength since it wasn't evne shikai at that point.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3