Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 597 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 115, 116 and 117 Discussion/Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 115, 116 and 117 Discussion/Predictions

Chapter 115 (English Scan)
    Chapter 116 (English Scan)
    Chapter 117 (English Scan)

Spoiler: Summary show
    Last edited by Kaoz; January 04, 2014 at 06:08 AM.

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 115, 116 and 117 Discussion/Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Korean Kuroko View Post
    So you are perfectly fine accepting they are all trying to kill each other with tennis but the fact that nobody wants to quit baffles you?
    Because nobody is really going to die lol. You do realise that right?
    The HSers have shown its all about trying to kill your opponent but at the same time keeping your pride.

For example, Date was talking about coffins when we first see him, but although he tried to murder Kawamura/Kabaji, allowing Kawamura(Jesus) to save Ban's life but leave without a badge would have hurt his pride.

The question is why are you questioning this?
    Tooyama got wrecked like a bitch for a while against Oni. Didn't quit.
    But the crowd did scream out to Oni "Are you trying to kill him!?!?" during their match.
    Tooyama did the respectable PoT thing to do and didn't quit. Thus keeping his pride.

Tokugawa just kept his dignity and pride by not forfeiting even though he is being knocked unconscious.
    (This scenario perfectly explains that Tokugawa was unable to quit).
    You don't quit when your pride is on the line. Remember Yamato and his arm? Tezuka and his arm? Kite and Tohno's executions?
    Its an easy principle.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    I think it's funny how based on the first flashback when Tokugawa talked to Ryoma about how he lost to Byodouin, it looked like a standard 6-0 clownstomp, not "I almost didn't make it out with my life". Or maybe his head is so messed up he can't remember correctly anymore.
    I think that was good storyline writing there, Konomi kept it vague how badly Tokugawa had his ass swiftly handed to him so we didnt' know he beastly Byoudouin can be.

Really and truly, all this has done has made it blurry who the assholes are out of the HSers.

Tokugawa was a cocky asshole, Irie is a cocky asshole, no scratch that every single one of the HSers is cocky asshole. (excluding Yamato)

Byoudouin is a cocky asshole who tries to kill his opponents. Tohno, Date, Oni, Hakamada, Duke, Ryoga all play murder tennis.

Oni uses moves that can end careers all the time on his opponents. This freaking asshole has ended Kaji's career I actually dislike Oni for that, but Oni is a good guy cause he helped out Tokugawa? Who is merely another cocky asshole who was force-fed a can of asswhoop by Byoudouin which was deserved because Tokugawa started the provocation?
    I can't even tell who's in the wrong here since trying to end your opponent's career is just another method that belongs "no holding back" style. The only respectable style in the series.

But more importantly F*ck Oni for saving Tokugawa's career but ending Kaji's.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 115, 116 and 117 Discussion/Predictions

Oni destroying Kaji is kinda off even if he said ¨I'm sorry¨ lol (there was no need for him to do that, he could had just defeated him).

He broke Momo's wrists and was sure that he would come back, so I guess he expects the same from Kaji.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Korean Kuroko's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Because nobody is really going to die lol. You do realise that right?
    The question is why are you questioning this?
    Hey,Hey,HEY!
    Them be fighting words.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ChinkyCandie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think its odd in Konomi's work to introduce playing fun tennis in the final stages of the nationals. But as soon as HSs enter, its all about murdering people with tennis. Big change.

@ Airgrimes: I'm sure Oni didn't mean too. He must have, like Irie, seen potential in Tokugawa and decided to help him reach it. With Kaji, he's just fodder, a replacement. No one of real significance to the storyline. Tokugawa is pretty much the main HS character in NPoT. He's bound to get the spotlight.
    Last edited by ChinkyCandie; January 02, 2014 at 01:03 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Oni is cocky. Whether or not he's an a**hole is debatable. But for his level of power, his humble is much greater than Byoudonin and Shuuji.

And I thought he did say sorry after beating Kaji? He's just asking for his original position back. Kaji is free to crush Niou or Atobe if he want/
    Last edited by -Ken-; January 02, 2014 at 07:08 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

If he can*

Kaji is injured and it's unsure if he'll play tennis again (I'm pretty sure he will but that's another story). Oni could just defeat him, no need to injury him.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The whole 'enjoy tennis' reminds me of when Vegeta turned into Super Saiyan, he says he is pure... pure evil! Of course these guys enjoy tennis, as long as it's the other guy that's dying.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I don't think Oni is cocky. Whether or not he's an a**hole is debatable. But for his level of power, his humble is much greater than Byoudonin and Shuuji.
    Oni arrives completely underestimated Kintaro at the start.
    Lol just because he isn't as cocky as Byoudouin and Tanegashima doesn't make him not cocky.

And I thought he did say sorry after beating Kaji? He's just asking for his original position back. Kaji is free to crush Niou or Atobe if he want/
    I'm sorry, since when did "Sorry" become an acceptable response wrecking someone's career in a casual manner?
    You may have missed it, but what Sai translated is that Kaji is sort of done in and can't do much again after Oni destroyed him. That's heartless as hell.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    If he can*

Kaji is injured and it's unsure if he'll play tennis again (I'm pretty sure he will but that's another story). Oni could just defeat him, no need to injury him.
    Maybe Kaji is just too weak? Momoshiro is kill in 1 BJK. Maybe Kaji just can't take it. He can always surrender. There's no explicit text like this month chapter that Oni doesn't allow him to surrender. Oni strength is just on another level. That's all.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChinkyCandie View Post
    @ Airgrimes: I'm sure Oni didn't mean too. He must have, like Irie, seen potential in Tokugawa and decided to help him reach it. With Kaji, he's just fodder, a replacement. No one of real significance to the storyline. Tokugawa is pretty much the main HS character in NPoT. He's bound to get the spotlight.
    So that makes it okay for Oni to wreck his career and in other words Oni is no longer the bad guy for ruining the career of a person who was strong enough to reach the Japanese Youth team's top 10.

Kaji was fodder but he was strong, and in this series, for you to reach G10, you must be extremely talented. So Oni's has somewhat ruined the career of a talented young man, but he's still not a bad person at all right? Hahaha

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Maybe Kaji is just too weak? Momoshiro is kill in 1 BJK. Maybe Kaji just can't take it. He can always surrender. There's no explicit text like this month chapter that Oni doesn't allow him to surrender. Oni strength is just on another level. That's all.
    ?
    Kaji was No.5 and had stats equal to Ohmagari, whatever happened was over the top. If Kintaro wasn't completely destroyed physically after losing to Kishin Oni then there isn't a chance in hell Kaji would have been.
    Kintaro without PoP is very likely to lose to someone who has stats like Kaji Kazena.

Oni just like Byoudouin knows that his opponent wouldn't surrender. In NPoT like this month has proven, nobody surrenders even when they had just been hit conscious again after being hit unconscious.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Oni arrives completely underestimated Kintaro at the start.
    Lol just because he isn't as cocky as Byoudouin and Tanegashima doesn't make him not cocky.
    He's right to underestimate Kintarou? He fight and crush him before. And he quickly adept and unleash Kishin and even give respect to Kintarou by the end of the match. So what?

Yukimura/Sanada/Echizen are all cocky as hell too. Tezuka and Kintarou are rare exception of top player not showing off.

I'm sorry, since when did "Sorry" become an acceptable response wrecking someone's career in a casual manner?
    You may have missed it, but what Sai translated is that Kaji is sort of done in and can't do much again after Oni destroyed him. That's heartless as hell.
    Yeah, if Oni destroy him in 1 hit, sure. If it's over several hit, it's by no mean Oni fault. Is it Sanada fault or Ochi/Mouri fault that Tezuka/Niou arm is gone? No. If Kaji doesn't give up after seeing Kishin mode, just mean Kaji is dumb as f***. That's all. He doesn't have to have his tennis career gone if he give up. He's stupid, and he pay for it. As far as we know, Oni without Kishin is simply #5 in strength. It's very possible that Kaji can beat Oni without Kishin mode. Who knows? Kishin mode just give him a lot of jump in power.

Of course, if Kaji is destroy in simply 1 hit, that's another story. But Kaji got higher stats than Kintarou, and Kintarou last several hit.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 115, 116 and 117 Discussion/Predictions

Yukimura/Sanada/Echizen are all cocky as hell too. Tezuka and Kintarou are rare exception of top player not showing off.
    What does this have to do with what I said?
    I said the vast majority of HSers are cocky. Why are we discussing MSers?
    Kintaro isn't cocky? He thought he could be a match for Oni on more than one occasion. Stood no chance twice til the PoP kicked in.
    Kintaro tried to stall for time against Yukimura thinking he could do it comfortably and was given a nasty shock.
    I don't get why you would say Kintaro isn't cocky.

Either way this is about HSers.

Of course, if Kaji is destroy in simply 1 hit, that's another story. But Kaji got higher stats than Kintarou, and Kintarou last several hit.
    Why are you assuming Kaji got destroyed in 1 hit? There's nothing to even assume anything like that happened.
    The statistics imply Kaji was stronger than Kintaro let's be real here.

Yeah, if Oni destroy him in 1 hit, sure. If it's over several hit, it's by no mean Oni fault.
    So that logic would mean Byoudouin is not a bad guy too.
    It would make Kirihara not a bad guy when he shot at Inui too.

Is it Sanada fault or Ochi/Mouri fault that Tezuka/Niou arm is gone? No.
    Having a violent tennis that directly attacks the opponents body isn't the same as a shot that doesn't directly hit the opponents body and put their opponent risk.
    I should haven't to explain that.

If Kaji doesn't give up after seeing Kishin mode, just mean Kaji is dumb as f***. That's all. He doesn't have to have his tennis career gone if he give up. He's stupid, and he pay for it. As far as we know, Oni without Kishin is simply #5 in strength. It's very possible that Kaji can beat Oni without Kishin mode. Who knows? Kishin mode just give him a lot of jump in power.
    So you're saying your beloved Kintaro is also "dumb as f***" for not giving up when seeing Kishin Mode?
    SPoT has shown us that players naturally don't give up, (Note- see Ishida Gin VS Duke Watanabe)

The whole concept of Tokugawa being simply UNABLE to give up doesn't seem right at all.
    From the very moment he was conscious he could have uttered words or raised his hands or stepped off the court since either way, that match was ending within no more than 1 more point since it had to have been Tokugawa's serve eventually and he was in no condition to do anything.

The ethics amongst the HSers is all over the place.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

^The idea could be that if Tokugawa had tried to leave, Byoudouin would've just kept shooting at him anyway or something.

Anyway, keep it civil you two.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    ^The idea could be that if Tokugawa had tried to leave, Byoudouin would've just kept shooting at him anyway or something.
    I accept this. Or rather I agree with this.
    Since, Oni and Irie stepped in saying to spare him and whatnot, Byoudouin and Irie along with the rest of the top HS 3rd Years are probably well aware of Byoudouin's unusually twisted and cruel habit to aim wall shattering serves at people off the court.
    So it was probably Oni's way of saying this guy will put up an amazing fight in a year's time so just wait before you continue your twisted habit like ususal.

Since serving at people off the court is a pretty acceptable amongst the top HSers.
    Ryoga, Byoudouin & Tohno all guilty of it so far.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

What does this have to do with what I said?
    I said the vast majority of HSers are cocky. Why are we discussing MSers?
    Kintaro isn't cocky? He thought he could be a match for Oni on more than one occasion. Stood no chance twice til the PoP kicked in.
    Kintaro tried to stall for time against Yukimura thinking he could do it comfortably and was given a nasty shock.
    I don't get why you would say Kintaro isn't cocky.
    He's playful. And he want to play a match. If that's cocky, everyone in the series is cocky. Yamato think he stand a chance against Tezuka too, apparently.

Why are you assuming Kaji got destroyed in 1 hit? There's nothing to even assume anything like that happened.
    The statistics imply Kaji was stronger than Kintaro let's be real here.
    Learn to read. I said all this. Hence why it show there is ample time for Kaji to give it up. He didn't.

So that logic would mean Byoudouin is not a bad guy too.
    It would make Kirihara not a bad guy when he shot at Inui too.
    Except this chapter explicitly say he didn't allow Tokugawa to give up. I mention this already. Shouldn't have to do it again.

Having a violent tennis that directly attacks the opponents body isn't the same as a shot that doesn't directly hit the opponents body and put their opponent risk.
    I should haven't to explain that.
    And since when did Oni attack his opponent directly? His style just overpower the opponent because he's too strong.

So you're saying your beloved Kintaro is also "dumb as f***" for not giving up when seeing Kishin Mode?
    SPoT has shown us that players naturally don't give up, (Note- see Ishida Gin VS Duke Watanabe)
    Well, he did unlock PoP and win a game. So no, Kaji is dumber. Kintarou did stand some chance. He already stated he play because it's fun. Kaji play because he stupid enough to think he stand a chance.

The whole concept of Tokugawa being simply UNABLE to give up doesn't seem right at all.
    From the very moment he was conscious he could have uttered words or raised his hands or stepped off the court since either way, that match was ending within no more than 1 more point since it had to have been Tokugawa's serve eventually and he was in no condition to do anything.

The ethics amongst the HSers is all over the place.
    I don't really care if it sound right or not. We're given this information. We're living with it.
    Last edited by -Ken-; January 03, 2014 at 10:18 AM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast