Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 115, 116 and 117 Discussion/Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 115, 116 and 117 Discussion/Predictions

Chapter 115 (English Scan)
    Chapter 116 (English Scan)
    Chapter 117 (English Scan)

Spoiler: Summary show
    Last edited by Kaoz; January 04, 2014 at 06:08 AM.

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 115, 116 and 117 Discussion/Predictions

Maybe he doesn't know it's FFT, or he simply just created a new federation. In any case, we know it's French.

Duke is half French, right?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Duke is half French, right?
    Yeah, he is.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

If Duke had been attractive I'd already see a ton of FanFictions (FF too, lol).

Nah, honestly, it's prolly just a coincidence. Funny though. Maybe Konomi expands France a bit more if this ever goes international.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be kinda disappoint if it doesn't go international, really. After all, the original prince of tennis is supposed to be a "prologue". Prologue really shouldn't be longer than the actual story.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So I guess the one thing we haven't really talked about yet from what I remember is that Irie was supposed to get a badge (which I guess we kinda knew already, but now it's confirmed) - which badge do you think he was meant to have? And as a follow-up question, do you think the current order of the other G10/1st string characters has always been like this, or do you think there were shifts in positions over time?

For instance, I feel like Irie was supposed to get the No. 3 badge since he went to 3rd court (just like how Oni went from No. 5 to 5th court and Tokugawa went to 1st court after promising he'd become No. 1, although in Tokugawa's case it could simply reflect his level as well). This then naturally means that Duke wasn't No. 3 at the time and so on.

So yeah, how do you guys feel about this?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ChinkyCandie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I like your number theory. It would be good if that were true. If your theory was correct, Duke would be at least number 4. So Duke just moved up to make room for Ryoga.

I'd be disappointed if Tokugawa doesn't get No.1. Waste of effort, he would break his promise to Irie and Oni who trained him and looked after him. Oni and Byodoin had the badges for at least a year (assumption). Its someone else's turn. Ryoma will get his turn after he becomes 3rd year high school. Besides, all the 3rd year high schoolers are about to graduate high school. They won't be around forever.
    From what I've read in PPs, Tokugawa has leader material. He's the strongest from court one as well as the one who basically controls it.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Tbh, it'd only make Byoudouin's figure (as the final boss of this arc) a lot bgger. Not that I hate Tokugawa ( ) but I really think that the best for the story is a victory of the no.1 here.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

About Irie, I don't even want to consider him being the no.4 that left the spot (seriously, they had that empty spot for a year? no way) but I'm fine with him being the no.6 that used to be Oni's pair. That would make Kaji and Ohmagari the next pair, and in the last pair there should be Kimijima + someone that isn't in the camp anymore (and then Tohno got his spot).

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Oni used to play doubles in your opinion?

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Just like Momo right now, yes. It does sound like a waste though.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ChinkyCandie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Regarding the question about shifts in the top 20, I do think they might have. I think it could be that if you challenge someone higher above you and if you win, you can get their badge and they get yours, liike the courts. I don't think it'll be nice, "You lose, I'm leaving you in another country."

I don't see Oni ever playing doubles. Unless he was personally assigned to do so.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChinkyCandie View Post
    Regarding the question about shifts in the top 20, I do think they might have. I think it could be that if you challenge someone higher above you and if you win, you can get their badge and they get yours, liike the courts. I don't think it'll be nice, "You lose, I'm leaving you in another country."
    Then there is an inconsistency with the Tooyama VS Oni match or it is something that may get fixed in the volume release.

Against Oni, Tooyama was announced as "Tooyama Kintaro of the 2nd String" despite us seeing Hakamada hand him the No.14 badge and Tooyama legitly becoming the No.14 of the nation.
    The same thing happened to Niou Masaharu.
    This means that once you are a member of the 1st String, to challenge for a higher badge, you must place your own badge on the line and become a member of the 2nd String again to challenge.

Since Niou was wearing a Losers jersey against Ochi/Mouri prior to Konomi removing the MSers U-17 Camp Jerseys.

The only theory for it to make sense that you can still do badge swaps in Player Shuffles even in the Top20 is if Tooyama & Niou actually rejected their badges that they had won immediately on the spot. Like... Never wore the badge or accepted the title. AT ALL.
    Which is unlikely since many MSers who were part of the revolution were seen in Red Jerseys.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder... if the spot is empty, a person can just take it or there will be a singles match? Considering Niou's ex - spot was a doubles spot, a singles match wouldn't make a lot of sense but it is what it is.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    I wonder... if the spot is empty, a person can just take it or there will be a singles match? Considering Niou's ex - spot was a doubles spot, a singles match wouldn't make a lot of sense but it is what it is.
    It's what I spent ages dwelling on the moment Kabaji retardedly intervened to save Atobe and as a result get kicked out of the camp. Although it caused Ochi to spare Atobe/Niou a point that they didn't deserve and was the overall reason Atobe/Niou won the match,
    And of course, Niou's ex-spot.
    Not to mention Irie's seemingly rejected spot too.

I'm confused since... What if for instance Ochi Tsukimitsu faces Ban Rikiya for the vacant No.15? badge belonging to Niou and wins.
    Then Ochi says "I don't want Oishi as a partner". Does that mean... Mouri would be able to face Oishi for his spot? (Demolition).

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Since Niou was wearing a Losers jersey against Ochi/Mouri prior to Konomi removing the MSers U-17 Camp Jerseys.
    From what I can tell, this isn't entirely correct. I think the shirts everyone's wearing are the same, regardless of whether they're part of the 1st String, 2nd String or BJB, it's only the jacket that differs. Niou isn't wearing a jacket when challenging Ochi/Mouri though, so you can't tell based on that. That said, in chapter 70 (when they were still wearing the camp uniforms), Niou's collar is shown very clearly and there's no badge there, unlike with Kenya or Oishi in the same chapter.

So yeah, Niou probably forfeited his badge in order to participate in the G10 challenge.

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

As for replacing doubles spots, maybe the coaches just suggest someone. Like how they apparently just decided to pair up Ochi and Mouri by themselves.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

My bad, I genuinely had it in my mind that Niou was in his jersey as oppose to his shirt.
    I know all players have the red shirt regardless of their U-17 Camp faction.
    Every other MSer is wearing their jersey in that chapter besides Atobe/Niou so you're right I really can't tell lol.

But suggesting Doubles pairs doesn't necessarily mean they can be just suggested into a spot such as No.15 or No.10?
    Unless you mean Ochi was the one who earned the No.9 as we expect and that they just threw Mouri in next to him as No.10 and then told the camp "Challenge these guys and see if you can win lol" and then the Camp realized that Ochi/Mouri was quite a beast pair.

New Reply
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast