Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A Hero must first lose his greatest assets in order to gain his greatest asset. <3

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A Hero must first lose his greatest assets in order to gain his greatest asset. <3

The title says it all folks. In not only Shounen manga, but in most stories about hero's, when they've neared their end it always seems like the hero loses his power and he's just about down and out for the count. This is why I believe Naruto is going to get his greatest power up in the next few upcoming chapters. But what kind of power up is the real question to solve.
    I believe the Sage of Six Paths will show up, some way or some how. Because Naruto is suppose to be the chosen one which was claimed by the Toad Sage, and Naruto's Sage lineage was hinted at in this panel shown below as well as many others.

Also you should realize by now that this character: The Sage of the Six Paths has been talked about literally the entire manga. Kishimoto will have to give him justice somehow and I think that's in the next few chapters or so when naruto is just about reached his deathbed. Sure he's an Uzumaki and probably survive extraction but that doesn't mean he'll be able to fight after the extraction. Kushina was just about to pass out after her extraction..and she was bleeding...when you're bleeding and you pass out you can die...just saying...

- Let me know what you guys think in the comments section below.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Hero must first lose his greatest assets in order to gain his greatest asset.

I don't want Naruto to get another powerup, that's bad for him. Kyuubi lending him its chakra for free was as bad as it is, Naruto doesn't need another powerup that will make him complacent. He didn't seem to strategize much when he was using the Kyuubi's chakra, but when he wasn't using the chakra (whether out of choice or unable to), he came up with great strategies. I'd rather he use Sage Mode to keep fighting.

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Hero must first lose his greatest assets in order to gain his greatest asset.

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I don't want Naruto to get another powerup, that's bad for him. Kyuubi lending him its chakra for free was as bad as it is, Naruto doesn't need another powerup that will make him complacent. He didn't seem to strategize much when he was using the Kyuubi's chakra, but when he wasn't using the chakra (whether out of choice or unable to), he came up with great strategies. I'd rather he use Sage Mode to keep fighting.
    That's what I'm saying though. I think Sage Mode is going to get a power up basically.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like a Shinju sennin mode. It should be ridiculous like Super Saiyan 3 in DBZ. On a serious note, a more powerful sennin mode would be cool. Maybe something like Hashirama's sennin mode?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

To see Naruto ditch being a Jinchurikki in favor if a mor peer flu sage mode... I do like that. Sage mod as M3J said was when he used his brain more because he couldn't just blast out raw power, he had to think and strategize which I like a lot

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Madara absorbed Hashirama power when he was dying.
    Perhaps the same can happen here also (Naruto absorbing Sasuke power)

The losing of Kyubi jinchuriki could also be a preparation stage for something bigger; Naruto becoming juubi jinchuriki
    When Madara merge the tail beast into juubi, Naruto might troll him by pulling juubi into himself

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by narutotheory View Post
    That's what I'm saying though. I think Sage Mode is going to get a power up basically.
    But he doesn't need a powerup, he just needs to use his brains more. Naruto can still have the Sage Mode abilities he had and be able to win with Sasuke's help by strategizing together.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by narutotheory View Post
    The title says it all folks. In not only Shounen manga, but in most stories about hero's, when they've neared their end it always seems like the hero loses his power and he's just about down and out for the count. This is why I believe Naruto is going to get his greatest power up in the next few upcoming chapters. But what kind of power up is the real question to solve.
    I believe the Sage of Six Paths will show up, some way or some how. Because Naruto is suppose to be the chosen one which was claimed by the Toad Sage, and Naruto's Sage lineage was hinted at in this panel shown below as well as many others.

Also you should realize by now that this character: The Sage of the Six Paths has been talked about literally the entire manga. Kishimoto will have to give him justice somehow and I think that's in the next few chapters or so when naruto is just about reached his deathbed. Sure he's an Uzumaki and probably survive extraction but that doesn't mean he'll be able to fight after the extraction. Kushina was just about to pass out after her extraction..and she was bleeding...when you're bleeding and you pass out you can die...just saying...

- Let me know what you guys think in the comments section below.
    I think the bijuus chakra will do the trick. All naruto needs to do is to absorb hachibi's chakra/tail. Then he's already complete and can go on rampage.

So yea, naruto's next power up is the rikudou's sage mode.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was actually just hoping for Naruto to just be a further developed Sage Mode. Not necessarily more pure power.

Country
    Zimbabwe
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Leave strategies for Shikamaru and the like. By not Kyuubi's chakra, Naruto was gimping himself, one way or the other. Good thing he realized he needs QB to be a f-n powerhouse.
    It suits him, actually. Sage mode + nifty ninja tricks are fine, but those tricks + QB = even better.

...oh, but hey, I think he's about to die anyway. Let's see how he fares without QB.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto will be without the kyuubi for about three chapters tops. That's the only reason Minato is still around.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wint View Post
    Leave strategies for Shikamaru and the like. By not Kyuubi's chakra, Naruto was gimping himself, one way or the other. Good thing he realized he needs QB to be a f-n powerhouse.
    It suits him, actually. Sage mode + nifty ninja tricks are fine, but those tricks + QB = even better.

...oh, but hey, I think he's about to die anyway. Let's see how he fares without QB.
    Naruto can come up with strategies too, he's come up with great ones in the past. Naruto was far worse with Kyuubi's chakra, just look at his fight with the Third Raikage. Didn't do anything with the Kyuubi's chakra, but without it he won the fight. Naruto does not need the Kyuubi to be a powerhouse.

Free powerups don't suit Naruto, if you ask me. Hard work and persevering does, which Naruto has done since the start of the manga up until the war.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto is a powerhouse even without the Kyuubi. Having a Bijuu inside him gets him to a godly level of shinobi ability. That much should be obvious.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about that, naruto falls down the list quite a lot with kyuubi. In fact I would say all the present Kages save the mist kage would give naruto all he could handle. Especially Oonoki.gaara, and A.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto was a Kage level shinobi already against Pain. Enough said.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast