Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren

No doubt a new character, I can't tell if she's another Chuunibyou. Looks like an underclassman, not sure about much else.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 10 was so sad.
    I like Rikka, but Shichimiya is also nice and she fought with all she got, but in the end she couldn't stand her love for him. I don't know what she will do, but she will end up defeated. Yuuta likes Rikka and nothing will change it. =/

3rd season? I had the feeling that it wouldn't end this time as well. Great news, then.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shichimiya is my favourite character by now. The reason for Yuuta falling in love with Rikka must've really hurt her... Because Shichimiya could've been in the same position rather easily... That really hurt...
    Yuuta why are you so dense... Being too nice finally caused Shichimiya to break...

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes your kindness can hurt people; at least that's what I got from this episode.
    Seeing Shichimiya behaving like that was really cute, but damn, my heart almost broke when she started crying...
    I wonder what is going to happen next.

P.S: Anyway I don't know how the author could call the little italian girl Cento.
    I didn't even know it was used in my country. XD

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 11:

Well at least a hug... Can't complain...
    So Shichimiya "defeated" her feelings huh? As if it is that easy... So obvious that she is still completely in love but forces herself to give up anyway... Not bad but still somewhat lackluster. I don't get how you can give up on love, especially with a personality like hers, when you witness Rikka and Yuuta being lovey dovey like that...
    One episode left... Makes me wonder what they'll do for the final...

PS: Nibutani in her old uniform... Now that was a highlight...

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Episode 11:

Well at least a hug... Can't complain...
    So Shichimiya "defeated" her feelings huh? As if it is that easy... So obvious that she is still completely in love but forces herself to give up anyway... Not bad but still somewhat lackluster. I don't get how you can give up on love, especially with a personality like hers, when you witness Rikka and Yuuta being lovey dovey like that...
    One episode left... Makes me wonder what they'll do for the final...

PS: Nibutani in her old uniform... Now that was a highlight...
    I agree with all that you said (especially the PS. XD).
    Shichimiya may have accepted the fact that Yuuta loves Rikka and that her feelings won't ever reach him, but all that she felt won't disappear that easily.
    As for the rest, loved the hug and all that came with it.
    I wonder how they will end this show in the next episode.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Final Episode:

Those comments on Rikkas and Dekomoris bust... Dynamite... Shichimiya with her hair down... Angry Rikka was kinda cute. That move with the hair dryer was so adorable.
    That random BL joke... Hahahahahaha...

I liked the whole scene at the bridge.... But sorry I'm tired of this ... <.< The perfect mood and they still don't do it? Are you f-ing kidding me? A horrible end to a mediocre season... Sorry but this was just crap... That whole scene alone, the speech, the hug, the OST. This alone could've saved the season for me... But KyoAni decided fo f*ck it up big time...

Final Score: 5,5/10... At this point I'm almost sure that I won't watch a third season...
    Last edited by Skyguardian; March 27, 2014 at 07:14 PM.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mixed feelings about this season. The episodes about Rikka, Yuuta, and Sophia were great. The filler was dreadful, especially the napping episode. I'll watch the inevitable third season. Hopefully they learned there lesson. Stand alone episodes about the supporting cast don't work.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

The last episode was great. I'm glad they at least ended on a high note.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

This season had some really sweet moments, but I admit that it was way inferior to the first one.
    Having said this, all that I can comment about is the fact that they still didn't kiss, which I found a bit frustrating, but also something planned, considering that they made the characters themselves say something along those lines. LOL
    Poor Isshiki though, nothing goes his way. XD

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Nibutani said everything that passed through our mind at that moment! Why?! But it is impossible get angry when the ending was so aswesome despite that.

Third season now!

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

And thus the only male who had a minor role vanishes completely, now Yuuta can enjoy his harem... It's one of the things I really didn't understand (and disliked), they downgraded Nishiki to nothing but a comedy relief, wouldn't be surprised if he never appears in a third season, should there be one.

On the matter of the last scene: "Oh noes, I'm so afraid of a kiss on the lips! " ... heck I was fine with that after Togashi's speech and everything, but then the lame call comes right when they were about to kiss for real? Okay KyoAni, I'm looking forward to a potential kiss in season 4....
    I guess I would watch a third season for the heck of it, but I don't really expect anything good at this point. I imagine the third season will cover Nibutani/new girl falling in love with Yuuta, only to get shot down in a ridiculous way like Shichimya. Afterwards Yuuta and Rikka might just potentially kiss.... x'D

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, I never expected a kiss, this episode was one of the best of this season.

S1 was definitely better, I knew that "serious" love triangle would not turn good, Satone felt like a plot device sometimes, they werw just playing with the love tropes, it was obvious she couldn't win. Rikka became a little more normal but the real triangle is Yuuta->Rikka->Chuunibyou.

Kiss confirmed for season 5, They haven't kissed on the forehead and the hand yet . Would have liked more Isshiki, how did Chimera get babies all of sudden?
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I went to a lot of places to see if I've possibly missed anything good during the season, but every review/opinion I've read gives the second season a major bashing for things already mentioned. It basically turned into a moeblob, with fake drama having no consequences at all. Shallow character development, near to no progress, all it delivered were lots of average jokes with some good ones mixed in, plus (in a nutshell) cute girls doing cute stuff. Totally fine for some series, not what I wanted for Chuu2. Seems like most people feel the same, the second season has a rating of 7.6 on MAL, while the first has 8.2 and it looks like the second season will go down even further with time.

KyoAni really needs to produce a good work sometime soon, I'm starting to lose a little faith. Tamako Market was average, Kyoukai no Kanata was average, and now we have a somewhat ruined Chuu2 season. Oh well, at least the Tamako Market movie seems to cover what should have been included in the series anyway.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Just barely finished watching it. Honestly, what a disappointment.

While I believed the first season to be amazing, this one is just plain fatuous. Rikka's character became downright annoying, especially considering the events of the first season. The constant reminder of the "Lover's Contract" in every single episode is nothing short of obnoxious. Sophia's character is nice, but her role is simply preposterous. For what little time she had, she existed just to show Rikka's childish(and annoying) jealousy. I could go on for days about the terrible things in this season(that are terrible in my opinion at least) but there's no need for that.

The little moments with Tooka and NibutaniXDekomori was kind of amusing, but that's about it. I could barely even bring myself to finish the series(though I didn't watch the last episode).

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4