Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mahou Sensou

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mahou Sensou

So that's what happened in the past and why they started "dating".......It was sad, but what happened in the present seemed.....forced? I don't know how to express in words what I'm thinking....
    In any case it's way too obvious that Mui already fell for Takeshi and I consider him a lucky bastard for that. XD
    All in all the episode wasn't bad, but also not that good; the only interesting thing was knowing that Gekkou has some kind of resentment towards his brother; I do wonder if it's just because of Isoshima or (which is way more plausible, as we have been shown in this episode) something else.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The bullet throwing scene of Ida was a good one and exciting moment but most of the episode felt so unexciting. I think there is some disconnect happening between the source material to the anime that the anime is just unable to reach the same exciting levels for these events. Perhaps if they had glitzed up the attacks a bit and had a stronger soundtrack then it would have truly felt much better and more pressing than it did. The eye stuff was a bit much as well and I just cant ever shake comparing it to other series when he does it.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I asked myself a lot of questions while watching this episode. Maybe the LN is bad? Maybe it's not well adapted? Maybe the soundtrack is not used enough because it's not very good? Maybe the pace is too fast? Maybe the love triangle topic is forced? Was Kurumi really afraid or did she just want to hug Takeshi? Aren't they using a lot of cliches too much at the same time? Do I feel a little disturbed by Miyano voicing Takeshi?

This one wasn't very good, Mui is an idiot and the only thing I learnt is that Takeshi is sensible to siblings topic. I hope his brother will appear soon.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    I asked myself a lot of questions while watching this episode. Maybe the LN is bad? Maybe it's not well adapted? Maybe the soundtrack is not used enough because it's not very good? Maybe the pace is too fast? Maybe the love triangle topic is forced? Was Kurumi really afraid or did she just want to hug Takeshi? Aren't they using a lot of cliches too much at the same time? Do I feel a little disturbed by Miyano voicing Takeshi?

This one wasn't very good, Mui is an idiot and the only thing I learnt is that Takeshi is sensible to siblings topic. I hope his brother will appear soon.
    Those are a lot of questions. XD
    Anyway yes, this show isn't bad, but it seems to be lacking something very important for an anime...
    Whatever, It just begun so maybe in the future it will become more interesting.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 5:

Mui reached a new level of moe here... That and those bloomers...
    Which kind of plot twist fever was that though? o__O

Futrhermore... The plot moves too fast and the whole love triangle thing is starting to get dull. :/

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Episode 5:

Mui reached a new level of moe here... That and those bloomers...
    Which kind of plot twist fever was that though? o__O

Futrhermore... The plot moves too fast and the whole love triangle thing is starting to get dull. :/
    It seems to me that the pace of this show it's just too fast for the events they're trying to cover; I don't know, there's something off with it...
    Anyway I agree with you about Mui; so Moe!
    Even though I too didn't understand what that fever was about. LOL

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Easily the worst episode. I know fanservice is almost always unnecessary but here... Mui acting like that because of a fever? and she is loves romantically her brother or something?

The siblings triangle is way more interesting. Still waiting for Gekkou...

---------- Post added February 15, 2014 at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was February 09, 2014 at 10:49 AM ----------

Hm? What was Kurumi's role? I don't understand... Good episode, at least the tracks were well used. Mui's brother is back and Gekkou is a new enemy. Momo-tan was pretty badass.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the battle between Momo and Kazuma was excellent, while the rest of the episode was predictable with Gekkou joining the Ghost Trailers and I suppose that the OP pretty much gave it away.
    Anyway this anime seems to have some difficulty in having a good pace.....I don't know, it's as if everything is happening too fast....

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Kurumi was just there to get that gift. The relationships are all over the place. No closure whatsoever. The only good thing about this episode was Momo-tans battle. The rest was completely broken. The pacing is ridiculous.
    Gekkou joining the Trailer was so obvious I'm about to cry... Seriously...

And we waste more time next week with fanservice...
    Last edited by Skyguardian; February 22, 2014 at 09:26 PM.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked everything in this episode excepted the stupid part on the beach, Nii-san is cooler than I thought. That first dream was interesting... Things are moving really fast, already 2nd years. Twilight got a Bankai form but I would like to know more about the others progress too.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice swimsuit Mui!
    Now, in all seriousness, the episode wasn't bad, but again, things are going too fast....
    I don't know if it's the animation studio or the light novel itself, but it feels like that the pace is too fast...
    In any case, Mui's brother is awesome indeed and he already understood her sister's feelings for Takeshi, who doesn't take a hint. LOL

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The brother is easily the best character after Momo-tan. He is an aweosme wingman.
    The pacing was ridiculous as usual. They are already second years... What the hell...
    Twilights Bankai - yes let's call it Bnakai for now. - looks rather cool and hey I wouldn't complain if my sword was that moe.
    Anyway... I hope something interesting happens soon.
    I'm tired of Muis fangirling or rather of her just being there to show us her boobs...

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

We have three families there, they added a moe imouto to the cast, this show is generic but it makes it a little better . I didn't know Takeshi could see past with his eye...

Gekkou has obviously not forgiven his brother, he is Yandere for Kurumi, with his VA and his smile I can't help but think about Accelerator. Zeref Kazuma will awaken soon.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    We have three families there, they added a moe imouto to the cast, this show is generic but it makes it a little better . I didn't know Takeshi could see past with his eye...

Gekkou has obviously not forgiven his brother, he is Yandere for Kurumi, with his VA and his smile I can't help but think about Accelerator. Zeref Kazuma will awaken soon.
    It was heartwarming seeing all of them together, but we all know that Gekkou is just a psycho.
    If only Takeshi would have talked with him more all of this wouldn't have happened.
    This show could become better with the awakening of Kazuma, because up till now, it seemed quite off.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

A good episode... I didn't see that one coming. I thought I would drop it but thanks to Miu having almost nothing to say it was rather enjoyable.
    The darness of Wizard Brace was revealed and Takeshi really is just a very naive boy... Like Gekkou doesn't want to murder him anymore.

---------- Post added March 07, 2014 at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was March 06, 2014 at 05:30 PM ----------

Episode 9:

Okay let's make this quick...
    Things I liked:
    Gekkous power. It looked really cool and those wings!
    Kurumi kissing the idiot.

Things I loathed:
    Gekkou. What an annoying character... No reason, just pure yandere behaviour. Annoying like no tomorrow.
    Miu. She is only good if she doesn't speak.
    Takeshi. Can you get more pathetic as a main character? Acting all high and mighty and getting trashed that fast.
    Pendragon attacking out of nowhere. Not only did two or three months just pass like that, they just attacked and killed innocent students. Way to go.
    The principal acting all high and mighty just to be defeated by another trailer... <.<
    The pacing. I'm not kidding. How can you destroy a story like that?

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast