Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Uryuu / Ywach ~ True Quincy ---> Pureblood Quincy ---> Half Blood Quincy

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Uryuu / Ywach ~ True Quincy ---> Pureblood Quincy ---> Half Blood Quincy

As the title suggests, this theory revolves around the concept of the original Quincy, and what this means to Uryuu.

In this theory, the highest level of a Quincy will be called a True Quincy (Not Pureblood Quincy). As far as we know, so far, only one Quincy holds the True Quincy title, and this is Ywach, the creator of a Quincy bloodline, both pure and impure.
    In short, this theory is about new bloodlines, taking distance to the bloodline of Ywach.

Before we reach the conclusion on the thoety, that Uryuu might in fact be a True Quincy, or whatever you may call a Quincy, such as Ywach.

First, lets take a look at Ichigo, he's the only "Quincy" we have seen with an innerworld Quincy avatar, however it's uncertain whether all Quincy have Ywach inside them.
    I'd say it's a 50%/50% chance that all Quincy have Ywach inside them as their Quincy avatar, since we don't actually know how it works.
    Also Quincy powers are regarded as polar opposite to Shinigami powers, it would make sense if they all had a Quincy power avatar.

So assuming Quincy has a Quincy avatar inside them, and it's all Ywach, then there is the mystery about Uryuu.
    Ywach is taking a heck of a lot of interest in Uryuu, and he's seemingly calling him strong, almost as if indicating Uryuu can reach Ywach's own power level.
    Uryuu is also (apparently) the only surviving half human, half Quincy, to survive Juha's selection to regain his Quincy powers.

Perhaps this is because Uryuu does not have Ywach's innerworld Avatar (The explanation will follow later), and this means that Ywach cannot take away his Quincy powers.

Now lets ask the question, how did Quincy originate in the first place?
    Was it a evolutionary fluke? Were they created? How?
    Lets assume Quincy came abouts naturally in evolution, then how rare does this happen? One time in a million years? or in 100.000 years or?
    Certainly it's rare to happen, considering we only have Quincy among humans, more or less, (Fullbringers were created from hollows, so they didn't come from evolution).

So that leaves some questions, such as, is Ywach a True Quincy? A Quincy to stands ontop of all other Quincies? Who has his own avatar to "guide" all of his descentents?

Which leaves another question, what are the odds for a new True Quincy to be born within a Quincy family, even if part human and part pureblood Quincy?
    Perhaps the odds are much higher than when occuring from none Quincies, espcially if mixed with new DNA?

The next question is, if assuming all Quincies has an inner avatar, and that it's Ywach, then who does Ywach have as a inner avatar? Does he even have one?
    The followup question to this, is assuming the above as true, whether Uryuu has Ywach as an avatar inside him?
    Considering that Uryuu is unique, perhaps he's indeed a True Quincy, exactly like Ywach is.
    If this is true, then what kind of avatar does Uryuu have inside him? Is he really the same as Ywach?

Lets assume that Uryuu indeed is the next True Quincy, then that could mean that the future of the Quincy will be in Uryuu's hands.
    Every descentent from Uryuu's family will have Uryuu as their inner avatar for their Quincy powers, and they will follow Uryuu's teachings.

This could mean peace between the Shinigami and the Quincy, between Ichigo and Uryuu, as the new foundation of the power structure of the world.

But first, I guess, we would see a struggle between Uryuu and Ichigo, before Uryuu truly picks sides. But this last part might just be wishful thinking rather than logic/theory

It was a long and assumption based theory to read, if you're still here, then kudos for you

If you got alternative ideas, or disagree, then feel free to use this thead for the purpose, open minded discussions are good.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Uryuu / Ywach ~ True Quincy ---> Pureblood Quincy ---> Half Blood Quincy

My thoughts on the Quincy. This will be very confusing and make so sense. Make of it what you will. I just wanted an excuse to type stuff.

Firstly, I consider Cang Du's statements regarding zanpakutou and their lack of self-identity (to him). Since Cang Du doesn't believe zanpakutou are living entities, this leads me to believe he's never experienced anything like having an 'inner-world' or an avatar representative of his Quincy abilities. If he's not experienced either, than that could possibly mean neither exists for Quincy. That would mean that since Ichigo is also a shinigami, he would be the only one to experience Ywhach as an entity in his own mind.

Or it could mean that Cang Du isn't a "real" Quincy.

Looking at the Vandenreich overall, it's obvious many members are not human. In fact, we know that Arrancar can gain Quincy abilities, e.g. Ebern.
    This leads me to believe that anyone can "become" a Quincy. Ywhach is the only actual real Quincy, being the father of them all. Ywhach perhaps gives a random person his blood, and boom! - Quincy. Maybe's it's that easy and why the Vandenreich is seemingly very large.

That could mean that only Pureblood or Half-blood Quincy experience an inner-world type deal. Kubo hasn't hinted at this at all, however. So, I don't know about that.

Sternritter abilities:

The Sternritter all have different abilities, too. At a glance, they all seem different. But they're all probably variations of reishi usage, which is what Quincies are known for. Bambietta's explosions are obvious. Bazz-B's fire can be explained by "reishi conversion into fire". Quilge's Jail is obvious, as well. Perhaps Cang Du's "iron" is a variation of Blut.

I'd like to think that Pureblood or Mixed-Blood Quincies each have their own unique abilities from birth.

Ywhach is very old. At least 1000 years. If he's supposed to be human, how can he be so old? Perhaps it's the nature of his own ability, whatever that may be. Or perhaps he himself isn't actually human? If it's an ability, then perhaps Uryuu possesses the same ability, which is why he's still alive at all. Perhaps he, too, will live on to be over 1000 years old.

Off-the-wall theory:

The original Gotei 13 consisted of Shinigami and Quincy. Ywhach, wanting to take Yamamoto's place, decides to challenge his Captaincy through a fight.
    Yamamoto uses his bankai, Ywhach uses his last resort powers as a Quincy. He loses and flees, plotting vengeance against the Soul Society.

Sometime during Ywhach's hiding, Quincies are like "let's kill all the hollows, guys". SS is like "um, no, plz".
    SS exterminates the Quincy, for the most part. Ywhach uses this as more fuel for his revenge-flame.

He gets is power back, starts recruiting forces. After the Aizen debacle, Hueco Mundo is weakened and Ywhach makes his move.

Out-of-the-house theory:

Ywhach and Unohana were lovers. She rejected him for a young, manly Yamamoto. Yamamoto's mustache was just too powerful, and Ywhach's could not compete.
    Ywhach swore vengeance, vowing to grow the most amazing facial hair and win back Unohana's love.

I can only imagine the world of pain he will inflict when he finds out she is dead.
    or maybe she isn't? please, kubo?

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BaddAzzKenpachi74's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

All I want to know is how Ryuken fits into all of this.

He is the only confirmed pure blood Quincy alive besides Bach and yet everyone seems to be just overlooking him.

He also referred to himself as "The Last Quincy".

I get the feeling that that title is going to have a lot more to it.

Why Bach is more interested in Uryu than his father is beyond me, maybe he is using Uryu as bait to lure his father out.
    Last edited by BaddAzzKenpachi74; December 30, 2013 at 11:45 PM.

Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki
    . ("Discuss This" http://discussthis.freeforums.org/index.php

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel theres alot to the Ryuuken thing, either Uuyru has told Bach he's dead to throw him off or bach went to try and recruit ryuuken and he told bach to piss off, but then why would Ryuuken allow Uuryu to go in his place?

I have a theory that while ryuuken was training Uuryu he may have purposely used all his powers to increase and evolve Uuryu's, so Ryuuken has lost his powers and bestowed them upon Uuryu. The Ishida family are definitely an enigma.
    Spoiler show

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

So Uryuu is a natural Quincy (and a talented one) which makes him special compared to Yhwach's "created" Quincy?

Then again Lloyd and Royd had their unique abilities since birth as it was said. So I dunno.

Maybe Uryuu is just someone that won the genetic lottery.

And I don't think Quincies have an inner Yhwach (or if they do, they can't see it), I think it's probably just Ichigo because he's a special hybrid and so he has a "zanpakutofied" Quincy power. His Quincy power can manifest through a shinigami-like sword.

What would happen if Ichigo had Yhwach's blood though? That would be an interesting powerup.
    Last edited by Notak; January 01, 2014 at 10:21 AM.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quantized View Post
    As the title suggests, this theory revolves around the concept of the original Quincy, and what this means to Uryuu.

In this theory, the highest level of a Quincy will be called a True Quincy (Not Pureblood Quincy). As far as we know, so far, only one Quincy holds the True Quincy title, and this is Ywach, the creator of a Quincy bloodline, both pure and impure.
    In short, this theory is about new bloodlines, taking distance to the bloodline of Ywach.

Before we reach the conclusion on the thoety, that Uryuu might in fact be a True Quincy, or whatever you may call a Quincy, such as Ywach.

First, lets take a look at Ichigo, he's the only "Quincy" we have seen with an innerworld Quincy avatar, however it's uncertain whether all Quincy have Ywach inside them.
    I'd say it's a 50%/50% chance that all Quincy have Ywach inside them as their Quincy avatar, since we don't actually know how it works.
    Also Quincy powers are regarded as polar opposite to Shinigami powers, it would make sense if they all had a Quincy power avatar.

So assuming Quincy has a Quincy avatar inside them, and it's all Ywach, then there is the mystery about Uryuu.
    Ywach is taking a heck of a lot of interest in Uryuu, and he's seemingly calling him strong, almost as if indicating Uryuu can reach Ywach's own power level.
    Uryuu is also (apparently) the only surviving half human, half Quincy, to survive Juha's selection to regain his Quincy powers.

Perhaps this is because Uryuu does not have Ywach's innerworld Avatar (The explanation will follow later), and this means that Ywach cannot take away his Quincy powers.

Now lets ask the question, how did Quincy originate in the first place?
    Was it a evolutionary fluke? Were they created? How?

Lets assume Quincy came abouts naturally in evolution, then how rare does this happen? One time in a million years? or in 100.000 years or?
    Certainly it's rare to happen, considering we only have Quincy among humans, more or less, (Fullbringers were created from hollows, so they didn't come from evolution).

So that leaves some questions, such as, is Ywach a True Quincy? A Quincy to stands ontop of all other Quincies? Who has his own avatar to "guide" all of his descentents?

Which leaves another question, what are the odds for a new True Quincy to be born within a Quincy family, even if part human and part pureblood Quincy?
    Perhaps the odds are much higher than when occuring from none Quincies, espcially if mixed with new DNA?

The next question is, if assuming all Quincies has an inner avatar, and that it's Ywach, then who does Ywach have as a inner avatar? Does he even have one?
    The followup question to this, is assuming the above as true, whether Uryuu has Ywach as an avatar inside him?
    Considering that Uryuu is unique, perhaps he's indeed a True Quincy, exactly like Ywach is.
    If this is true, then what kind of avatar does Uryuu have inside him? Is he really the same as Ywach?

Lets assume that Uryuu indeed is the next True Quincy, then that could mean that the future of the Quincy will be in Uryuu's hands.
    Every descentent from Uryuu's family will have Uryuu as their inner avatar for their Quincy powers, and they will follow Uryuu's teachings.

This could mean peace between the Shinigami and the Quincy, between Ichigo and Uryuu, as the new foundation of the power structure of the world.

But first, I guess, we would see a struggle between Uryuu and Ichigo, before Uryuu truly picks sides. But this last part might just be wishful thinking rather than logic/theory

It was a long and assumption based theory to read, if you're still here, then kudos for you

If you got alternative ideas, or disagree, then feel free to use this thead for the purpose, open minded discussions are good.
    I'm willing to bet my bottom dollar (or rather, pound, because I'm English!) that Yhwach and the Shinigami progenitor (the Soul King?) were either both formed from what once was a single being, or they were born at the same time in something akin to parallel dimensions; my reason for this is that it's been explicitly stated (and proved) that the Shinigami and Quincies are polar opposites of each other, which suggests to me that their existences are intertwined somehow...

If the Soul King is indeed the Shinigami progenitor, it might explain the apparent difference in power between Yhwach and the Soul King, and the Vandenreich and Shinigami. If both progenitors were born with the same amount of power (which are opposite in nature), it looks as though the Soul King distributed a smaller chunk of his power among the Shinigami, whereas Yhwach distributed a larger chunk of his power (thus making him weaker than the Soul King, but making his descendants stronger than those of the Soul King)...
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lee.J.Baxter View Post
    I'm willing to bet my bottom dollar (or rather, pound, because I'm English!) that Yhwach and the Shinigami progenitor (the Soul King?) were either both formed from what once was a single being, or they were born at the same time in something akin to parallel dimensions; my reason for this is that it's been explicitly stated (and proved) that the Shinigami and Quincies are polar opposites of each other, which suggests to me that their existences are intertwined somehow...

If the Soul King is indeed the Shinigami progenitor, it might explain the apparent difference in power between Yhwach and the Soul King, and the Vandenreich and Shinigami. If both progenitors were born with the same amount of power (which are opposite in nature), it looks as though the Soul King distributed a smaller chunk of his power among the Shinigami, whereas Yhwach distributed a larger chunk of his power (thus making him weaker than the Soul King, but making his descendants stronger than those of the Soul King)...
    It's an interesting theory, but how would you intergrate these questions;
    Shinigami has been around for far longer than a 1.000 years, if Ywach was the first, is he then far older than a 1.000 years? or were there other Quincies before Ywach and the only thing interesting about him is that it's the last bloodline?
    What if the Soulking is king of all souls, and not just the shinigami? After all, the soulking wants to protect the soul balance, and the only ones cable of that are the shinigami, whereas Quincy destroys souls (destorys the balance), humans are powerless, hollows are uncontrolable (Before they became Arrancars), and Fullbringers are a rare breed.
    So why not just rely on the shinigami? I mean, the soulking does seem to be king of all souls, and even Aizen thought that he could takeover that role, so perhaps Ywach thought in similar thoughts (He's looking for a succeeder to lead the Quincy afterall).

Another thing important to note about the Soulking is that the first glance of him made us all think about butterfly Aizen, I mean, similar scary looking eyes and everything.
    It's not far fetched to think the soulking of a real hybrid of all the souls out there, and the fact he had to be soulking was because he's the only one, whereas technology allowed Aizen to come dangerously close to become what the Soulking is.

The soulkig might not be allmighty strong, even if he's a true hybrid, lets remember that perhaps he needs to put all his power into keeping the world together, and therefore cannot fight, it's a possibility considering the fact that the world cannot excist without a soulking.

Also the soulking might be interested in Ichigo, because Ichigo may be similar to himself. I don't think it's just because Ichigo is an insane strong soul from a fallen Shinigami Noble bloodline, there has to be more behind it. The fact that Ichigo is a hybrid, seems to be the real reason that he's interested in Ichigo.

Back to Ywach; I just don't see Ywach as that old, and Soul Society has been around for so long, we even have flashbacks from 2.000 years ago with Yama, but as far as we know Ywach is still a human, also a Quincy yes, but still human (Assumption).

So Ywach should in theory age, and the only reason he's still alive after a 1.000 years is because he was sealed in all this time (Assumption).

But perhaps he's not ageing normal? But if that's the case, then what is the theory on that? How can he stop his ageing? This is the most important question, remember that this is combined with the question that the soulking might be king of all souls, and not just the shinigami, which distances itself away from Ywach being an ancient old relic from the beginning of humanity.
    Last edited by Quantized; January 02, 2014 at 02:08 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Actually, if you compare Zangetsu, who is basically Yhwach around the time he fought Yama, to Yhwach now, it might give some hint as to how he ages. He was comatose for 900 years IIRC, then he came back to life. 90 years later he became sentient again, and 9 years after that he regained his power. So depending on what his condition was between getting his heartbeat and his mind, we can tell how he ages. If he wasn't really alive for the 90 years between getting his heartbeat and his mind, he's been alive for 9 years, which looks about right for how much he's physically aged between his Zangetsu appearance and now. If he resumed ageing after getting his heartbeat back, it's been 99 years and he evidently ages slower than a human (but quicker than a Shinigami I'd say).

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quantized View Post
    It's an interesting theory, but how would you intergrate these questions;
    Shinigami has been around for far longer than a 1.000 years, if Ywach was the first, is he then far older than a 1.000 years? or were there other Quincies before Ywach and the only thing interesting about him is that it's the last bloodline?
    What if the Soulking is king of all souls, and not just the shinigami? After all, the soulking wants to protect the soul balance, and the only ones cable of that are the shinigami, whereas Quincy destroys souls (destorys the balance), humans are powerless, hollows are uncontrolable (Before they became Arrancars), and Fullbringers are a rare breed.
    So why not just rely on the shinigami? I mean, the soulking does seem to be king of all souls, and even Aizen thought that he could takeover that role, so perhaps Ywach thought in similar thoughts (He's looking for a succeeder to lead the Quincy afterall).

Another thing important to note about the Soulking is that the first glance of him made us all think about butterfly Aizen, I mean, similar scary looking eyes and everything.
    It's not far fetched to think the soulking of a real hybrid of all the souls out there, and the fact he had to be soulking was because he's the only one, whereas technology allowed Aizen to come dangerously close to become what the Soulking is.

The soulkig might not be allmighty strong, even if he's a true hybrid, lets remember that perhaps he needs to put all his power into keeping the world together, and therefore cannot fight, it's a possibility considering the fact that the world cannot excist without a soulking.

Also the soulking might be interested in Ichigo, because Ichigo may be similar to himself. I don't think it's just because Ichigo is an insane strong soul from a fallen Shinigami Noble bloodline, there has to be more behind it. The fact that Ichigo is a hybrid, seems to be the real reason that he's interested in Ichigo.

Back to Ywach; I just don't see Ywach as that old, and Soul Society has been around for so long, we even have flashbacks from 2.000 years ago with Yama, but as far as we know Ywach is still a human, also a Quincy yes, but still human (Assumption).

So Ywach should in theory age, and the only reason he's still alive after a 1.000 years is because he was sealed in all this time (Assumption).

But perhaps he's not ageing normal? But if that's the case, then what is the theory on that? How can he stop his ageing? This is the most important question, remember that this is combined with the question that the soulking might be king of all souls, and not just the shinigami, which distances itself away from Ywach being an ancient old relic from the beginning of humanity.
    There are several theories as to how the Quincies could be as old as the Shinigami; one possibility is that the Quincy progenitor is continuously reincarnated. This could mean that Yhwach's death wouldn't necessarily wipe out the Quincies, but would result in the birth of a successor. Of course, his powers may transfer to the appointed living successor if one exists instead.

Going back to the whole opposites thing, you've pointed out something that never crossed my mind before; the Soul King exists to CREATE life, whereas Yhwach exists to DESTROY it. This further convinces me that these guys are Yin and Yang. Note that they're also opposites in the context that the Soul King is a dead being, and Yhwach is (presumably) a living being; this also carries through to the Humans (alive) and Hollows (dead) being opposites.

I think the Soul King has his eyes set on Ichigo because his Quincy bloodline means that he may become the successor to Yhwach; if the Soul King brings Ichigo to his side as the new Quincy progenitor, it would possibly bring an end to the Shinigami/Quincy war. Of course, another possibility is that the Soul King wants to keep Ichigo close to avoid the possibility that he switches over to the side of the Quincies (especially if the Soul King is hiding a dark secret that makes him the real antagonist).
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

New Reply