Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mikakunin de Shinkoukei

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mikakunin de Shinkoukei

Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
    Genre: Comedy
    Production: Dogakobo
    Director: Fujiwara Yoshiyuki
    Series Composition: Shimo Fumihiko
    Starring: Terui Haruka, Matsui Eriko, Yoshida Yuri, Hatano Wataru

Yonomi Kobeni, an ordinary girl, finds out on her 16th birthday that she is betrothed to Mitsumine Hakuya, a boy the same age as her. Hakuya moves in from the countryside and starts living with her, bringing his younger sister who is still a primary school student with him. Also added is his older sister who is already living with Kobeni and is two years older.

The story revolves around these four people and their identities as "couples" and "sisters-in-law."

New From the Producers of Yuru Yuri, GJ-bu, and Love Lab. By the Director of GJ-bu.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mikakunin de Shinkoukei

There was almost nothing in the list that could potentially be a replacement for Non Non Biyori from last season, a fun anime that does not necessarily rely on momentary gags. With Mikakunin's first episode, my faith in the season got restored.

Episode 1:

So far, loving all characters.
    Unlike Non Non, we have a talking male character this time, Hakuya, although he lacks presence by Kobeni's words. Judging by first episode, we might get some good bits of romance here and there, too. It's funny that a total airhead who can hit a huge signboard while walking on a straight road was able to read Kobeni's thoughts so well at a moment. Looks like he really means it when he says Kobeni is important for him. Now, I wonder if he was just brainwashed by the marriage arrangement or he is actually holding their childhood time together as something precious. Maybe a mix of both. Regardless, I like his character as a male lead. A weird, but somewhat understanding guy.
    Mashiro is a star. Wondering who arranged a grade schooler's transfer to a high school. So is, Benio, who has the potential of a loli hunter written all over her.
    Oh, on another note, ED song is awesome.

Red means stop. Green means go!
    Last edited by Hakuteiken; January 09, 2014 at 08:05 AM.

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    There was almost nothing in the list that could potentially be a replacement for Non Non Biyori from last season, a fun anime that does not necessarily rely on momentary gags. With Mikakunin's first episode, my faith in the season got restored.

Episode 1:

So far, loving all characters.
    Unlike Non Non, we have a talking male character this time, Hakuya, although he lacks presence by Kobeni's words. Judging by first episode, we might get some good bits of romance here and there, too. It's funny that a total airhead who can hit a huge signboard while walking on a straight road was able to read Kobeni's thoughts so well at a moment. Looks like he really means it when he says Kobeni is important for him. Now, I wonder if he was just brainwashed by the marriage arrangement or he is actually holding their childhood time together as something precious. Maybe a mix of both. Regardless, I like his character as a male lead. A weird, but somewhat understanding guy.
    Mashiro is a star. Wondering who arranged a grade schooler's transfer to a high school. So is, Benio, who has the potential of a loli hunter written all over her.
    Oh, on another note, ED song is awesome.

Red means stop. Green means go!
    I agree with you; this is definitely a good show and my favourite caracters for now are Benio, for her Loli obsession, and Mashiro, who is really adorable and funny when she's scared.
    Can't wait for the next episode already.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Kouhai-kun completely. This show is already awesome. We have a loli-hunter, a mum that obviously doesn't care and an epic loli. I can say that I will watch this show till the end. A good replacement for Non Non Biyori.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Dogakobo never fails! Episode one was great! Mashiro, Benio, and Kobeni are all hilarious, each in different ways.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 2:

So, Kobeni and Hakuya share a traumatic past which the former does not remember about, at least for now. I wonder why Mashiro knows of that, too. Age-wise, I'd think that she hadn't even been born back then or at least, she should have been too young to remember it. Maybe someone told her the story. And Hakuya has an injury, going by what he says. I wonder if it has a lingering effect and that's the real reason why he's such a slow-motion boy.

Mashiro and her "Benio is a UMA" theory was awesome.
    Judging by how her admirers perceive "refined talk", hard to disagree..

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Mashiro is such an adorable sister... I want such a cute little imouto in law too... That whole UFO talk was hilarious.

Kobeni is right. Big breasts are not good!

Anyway I'm pretty sure that Kobeni fell on her head or something and that is why she forgot. Wasn't Mashiro 10, 11 or 12? She should've been born by then.

Benio-sama!

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Kobeni is right. Big breasts are not good!
    Did Benio's talk about embracing whether they are small or big remind you of someone

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Mashiro is the most adorable and funniest character of this show!
    Who woldn't want a little sister like her. XD
    As for the episode itself, it was good, also because it gave us a little hint about what happened years go.
    I can't wait to know more about their past.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 3:

Benio has cameras in her eyes?! Furthermore awesome how Kobeni didn't even care that she was in her bed... x'D
    Mashiro dancing with that straight face and the letter sent by arrow... Damn this was too awesome.
    Hakuya eating the scones although he doesn't like sweets was so adorable. He really likes Kobeni.
    Benio has to be the biggest Siscon of the Anime world.

So Hakuya really saved her back then... How awesome.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Benio is the greatest! I loved how she kept calling Nadeshiko to talk about her sisters.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

So Kobeni finally knew what happened between her and Hakuya.
    I smell character development from now on.
    Anyway also this episode was good; Mashiro keeps on being adorable and Benio is a bit creepy with her Imouto obsession, but that's the reason why she's my favourite character of the show. XD
    Can't wait for more.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Supernatural event alert!
    So, Hakuya and his family seems to be different than normal human beings. But I wonder how his Grandpa know about this family. Is this a transformation ability they use or something else?

The number of questions went up in no more time than one episode..

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it seems like in this episode a supernatural element was introduced.....but why half-assed beings?
    Anyway every episode of this show is always good and funny.
    I just can't wait to know more about the Mitsumine family.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 04:

So there is a lot more to this story than I thought... I wonder which kind of beings Hakuya and Mashiro are. Interesting that we get a supernatural theme but it makes sense. Those two were rather suspicious after all.
    Nice to see that the romance between Kobeni and Hakuya began to bloom though.

PS: The ending song is so damn adorable.

---------- Post added February 06, 2014 at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was February 05, 2014 at 05:09 AM ----------

Episode 05:

Hakuya always petting Kobenis head is nice. x'D Their mother is so funny. Touching Kohenis boobs right from the start... Impressive future-mother-in-aw. x'D
    Who would've thought that Benio would've been okay with the non-human stuff but them being not fairies destroyed her dream...

Anyway I wonder what they are... Hakuya being a dog-like-thing and all...

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast