Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Noragami

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Noragami

Noragami
    Genre: Action, Supernatural
    Production: Bones
    Director: Tamura Koutarou
    Series Composition: Akao Deko
    Starring: Kamiya Hiroshi, Kaji Yuki, Uchida Maaya

At the boundary between this realm and another, there live eight million gods, dead spirits who serve the gods, and other assorted spirits who help and meddle in the affairs of humans. A sweet middle school girl named Hiyori Iki has been enduring bullying from her classmates, and she goes to the restroom by herself to cry. Scrawled on the bathroom wall is a phone number and the message, "I solve your troubles."

After Hiyori calls the number, she encounters a homeless boy wearing a jersey who calls himself a god. The boy, named Yato, is rough, moody, lazy, and never listens to anyone's wishes, but he had the power to be a god... that no one knew of.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noragami

I should be watching this, assuming Funimation adds it to Hulu. Not really excited for this one beyond just shallow reasons of the two characters in the image and Yuki Kaji. So looking forward to a plot that could suck me in and good action.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

This show starts with a really fun premise, I'm hooked. I guess I'll start reading its manga as well. Oh, I have to mention that the OP is gorgeous too, couldn't wait for it to be released.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Since I'm in the mood to start anime again, adding this one automatically to my list after checking the summary, cast, and music performers (I saw ryo's name, yeah!). I'll check it out very soon.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    This show starts with a really fun premise, I'm hooked. I guess I'll start reading its manga as well. Oh, I have to mention that the OP is gorgeous too, couldn't wait for it to be released.
    Indeed. I like the first episode, despite of the concept of Ayakashi being the same, the concept of god and become famous to get a shrine is interesting. Also, Hiyori is cute and along with Yato forms a really nice duo.
    That weapon human in the beginning recalled me Soul Eater, is is not bad, though.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

FOr so many scenes in the OP he was absent And about the op, pretty stylish but the song is rather uninteresting and dull. If this is longer than 12 episodes, I hope it is changed out fast. The ending is thus far best song of the season, we need more ryo(supercell) talent and its a surefire way to keep me watching.

Fun good start with good action, Yato is a good lead as well.

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

I've caught up with the manga yesterday, it seems the progress in the anime is much faster than I expected. Probably the anime would surpass its current scanlation.

Quote Originally Posted by Leoat12 View Post
    Indeed. I like the first episode, despite of the concept of Ayakashi being the same, the concept of god and become famous to get a shrine is interesting. Also, Hiyori is cute and along with Yato forms a really nice duo.
    That weapon human in the beginning recalled me Soul Eater, is is not bad, though.
    It's getting pretty cool as the story goes on, with more Gods appearing. I like it, you might want to look forward at the new cast in the next episode.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

A great main character, a funny female lead and a simple but fun plot. This was a great first episode and I'm really looking forward to see more of Yato and Hiyori.
    The monsters looked pretty cool too.

The opening song is only second to the new one from Yowamushi Pedal in my eyes.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoyed the first episode. I think it's pretty solid. I like the male lead, Hiyori is adorable, and I can't wait to meet the 3rd guy who looks like he'll become Yato's new sacred treasure.

The plot concept seems like something that's been done a bajillion times before, so I'm hoping there's an extra quirk to make it more unique.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

A minor God who wants to become known in all of Japan and an adorable girl, whose reactions makes me burst into a laughter.
    Definitely this is an intriguing anime and I can't wait to see how the story will unfold.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Spectacular. The animation, the voice acting, the music. I loved the OP, one of my favorite in a long time. Everything about episode one was top of the line. The action was slickly produced, well staged, and fast paced. The humor was funny, and characters likable. This looks like classic Bones, I love it. HiroC was awesome as Yato. He is always good, but he is particularly well suited for this role. Uchida Maaya was amazing Hiyori. Nice hearing how she plays a more serious character. Most of her characters have been rather eccentric. I can't tell where the plot is going, but it seems like it should be interesting. Yato's sacred weapon quitting in disgust was my favorite part of the episode.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 2:

I feel so sorry for Yato... Finding a spirit with a rather sad past and it still is such a brat... This guy has no luck at all.
    Hiyori is one of my favourite heroines of the season so far. With her weird fetish for fighters and her not wireless spirit mode.

I hope Yukine won't quit too.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well he's here and he was pretty hilarious. Best moment for Yukine was in the preview. Also he sort of at times seems like he could be right out of dmmd.

Content wise much of the episode was a bit slow, dull, and hard to enjoy. Didnt pick up until way late so I was kind of bored much of the time. Looking forward to wherever it goes.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Poor Yato, he was instantly killed by Yuuki's remark. LOL
    Another funny episode and Yato finally got his Shinki, which it's pretty badass.
    Can't wait for the next episode, because this show it's just so beautiful.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yukine is cute.

The second episode is quite interesting, as we get to know more about Regalia/Yato's weapon. I wonder if he'll get another one along the journey, but looks like he can only make a pact with one weapon at a time?

The plot pace seems to be quite slow, but I hope it won't be too dragged on. I'm fine with the pace of the two episodes, a just-fine introduction to the setting and the characters. Now that the team seems to be complete, I'm looking forward to how Yato is going to take care of Hiyori's problem, and what twists will come.

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast