Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who wins

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zoro Brooke Kinemon

6 42.86%
  • Sanji Jinbe

8 57.14%
  • Tie/Other...

0 0%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zoro, Kinemon & Brook vs. Sanji & Jinbe

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Zoro, Kinemon & Brook vs. Sanji & Jinbe

The 3 Swordsmen vs. The 2 Fighters

Fight takes place in the Colosseum in Dressrosa...

No rings out, no fighting fish, no audience, in a theoretical battle to the death...
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zoro, Kinemon & Brook vs. Sanji & Jinbe

Maybe a draw. Zoro would naturally challenge Sanji alone. I'd give Zoro the slight edge. However, I don't think Kinemon and Brook have enough power collectively to take down Jinbe. I'm a bit torn here. Tough.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

zoro can solo jimbei and sanji together and slice and dice them both up withoud receiving an injury.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member darkprince0521's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DutchPhoenix View Post
    zoro can solo jimbei and sanji together and slice and dice them both up withoud receiving an injury.
    no. surely Zoro is strong; but not enough to take on Sanji and Jinbei alone. Sanji is another monster but less powered than Zoro; but he would not loose easily. on the other hand, Jinbei may even be able to win against Zoro.

that said, i think the swordsman will win.
    Naruto Forever

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No chance in hell that would ever happen. Not even in non canon OP.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I would go for jinbe and sanji. I would argue jinbe would have an edge over zoro here. Zoro has grown stronger but it does seem like jinbe is at least a match if not stronger than luffy. So that leaves brook and kinemon. Overall I don't think we have seen anything to suggest even brook and kinemon together would do a thing to sanji. I guess it depends on how they are matched together, I doubt jinbe would win if he fights zoro and someone else. In turn the remaining guy would have to hold out until jinbe is defeated which is perhaps plausible for kinemon. Still, it does appear like if jinbe and sanji have the advantage here.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member KuroKarasu's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree - Jinbe and Sanji. It doesn't matter how exactly the matchups work because I think Jinbe can take either Zoro or Brook/Kinemon and come out victorious. If Sanji fought against Zoro then he would probably lose but Zoro would be weakened A LOT. Jinbe on the other hand could beat Brook and Kinemon without going to his absolute limits. So if we assume that Jinbe is a little bit stronger than Zoro (which I for my part assume) then Jinbe/Sanji would win.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

zoro would finish sanji in 30 seconds withoud an injurie like he did in the movies
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODrZNyxFuZU

Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

If you try to estimate power levels by a scene like this then it can't be helped. Zoro is slightly stronger than Sanji (it's has always been portrayed like that) but he wouldn't own him in 30 seconds. This scene is bullshit. And I take it as seriously as fillers in the anime. In the anime many people are portrayed as weak and the fights often suck.

As long as they didn't have an all out 1on1 fight in the manga we CAN'T know how long their fight would take.
    Last edited by KuroKarasu; January 12, 2014 at 05:09 AM.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KuroKarasu View Post
    Zoro is slightly stronger than Sanji (it's has always been portrayed like that)
    i dont think so, sure they do alot of argue, but anime has shown many hints that zoro is stronger then sanji, by alot.

Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont think so, sure they do alot of argue, but anime has shown many hints that zoro is stronger then sanji, by alot.
    Anime doesn't count. The fight Luffy vs. Ceasar looked like Caesar had the advantage most of the time which wasn't the case. In the anime just kept dodging and didn't know what to do while he would've finished it rather easily in the manga if it wasn't for monet. The anime HAS to have more detailed fights but most of the time the fights get slow and boring. They don't really say much in terms of character strenght. We can discuss what is canon and what isn't but unless Zoro is portrayed as MUCH STRONGER in the manga itself it doesn't count. Atleast to me.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Difference in willpower between zoro and sanji
    http://www.mangareader.net/103-2114-...hapter-52.html

Thriller bark
    Sanji does suprise attack on kuma
    http://www.mangareader.net/103-2591-...apter-484.html
    Zoro does suprise attack on kuma
    http://www.mangareader.net/103-2592-...apter-485.html

Zoro K.O sanji
    http://www.mangareader.net/103-2592-...apter-485.html

Their special moves
    http://www.mangareader.net/103-2522-...apter-415.html
    Sure did alot of damage to yabra, but it didnt 1 hit K.O him, he had to use it multiple times.

http://www.mangareader.net/103-2525-...apter-418.html
    1 hit , game over from asura.

Skypea

Sanji couldnt even match up to one of the priests by himself, Luffy had to hold satori so he couldnt move.
    while zoro takes out OHM all by himself, the strongest out of the 4 priests.

Timeskip training
    Zoro got trained by the worlds strongest swordsman for 2 years straight.
    Luffy got trained by the 1st mate of the pirate king.
    Sanji got trained by a island of shemales, and learn him how to cook certain way.

Also Luffy often mentions or gives hints about zoro's strenght, i never see him do that to sanji
    for sample
    http://www.mangareader.net/103-2351-...apter-244.html

Also another thing what makes luffy and zoro very simelar are their treasures
    For Luffy its his strawhat, for zoro its the sword he got from kuina
    http://www.mangareader.net/103-2046-...chapter-4.html
    Another thing they have both in common, luffy and zoro are pure fighters, they cant do anything else.
    And both of them have incredible ambition.

Not to mention in the old databooks, sanji's combat ability was lower then luffy's and zoro's
    (luffy and zoro were equal)

If anything so far in manga their rivalty is just for comic relief.
    As far as combat ability goes, luffy and zoro are way above sanji.

Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

They are above him but not way above. Zoro has maaaaaany fanboys and fangirls but that doesn't make him stronger than he is. Your arguments all don't refer to all out battle strength.
    Zoro attacked Kuma with his sword, Sanji with his foot.
    Also Zoro already knew how hard Kuma was and went all out and still didn't get through his armor. He KO'd Sanji because Sanji was already on the verge of death and he didn't expect it. Ofcourse a swordhilt into the belly does it then. About the special moves - yes Zoro's attack is above Sanji's.

In Skypea Luffy couldn't win against the first priest either. So is Zoro above Luffy aswell? They were in HIS territory AND didn't know his ability. They all also lost to CP9 at their first attempt. And then they beat them afterwards. Just because Sanji couldn't defeat a priest right away doesn't mean that he would've lost against all the priest in an all out fight. He was destroyed by Enel so he couldn't help.

I actually agree that Zoro and Luffy are above Sanji in terms of strenght and endurance an ambition. But they aren't WAY above him. They are the monster trio for a reason - they are very close in terms of strenght. The gap between Luffy and Zoro is smaller than the gap between Zoro and Sanji but it still isn't so huge that Zoro could fodderize Sanji.

The Doriki showed how close Jabura and Ecci were. 2200 and 2180!!! And both Sanji and Zoro beat them without fainting themselves. You arguments are all pretty flat in my opinion. Everybody can see it however he likes but to me Sanji and Zoro have always been portrayed as similar in strength and I refuse to believe that Zoro could "slice and dice them both up". If you say Zoro can easily beat Jinbe an Sanji then you might aswell say he can slice and dice Akainu. (Akainu might be an extreme example but you know what I'm getting at)

Let's agree to disagree.

EDIT: To me comparing fighting power from scenes that weren't a real fight is useless. If we take scenes that weren't real fights as examples then Nami might be the strongest of the crew because she always beats up Zoro and Luffy. It doesn't work that way.
    Last edited by KuroKarasu; January 12, 2014 at 12:48 PM.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KuroKarasu View Post
    The Doriki showed how close Jabura and Ecci were. 2200 and 2180!!! And both Sanji and Zoro beat them without fainting themselves. You arguments are all pretty flat in my opinion. Everybody can see it however he likes but to me Sanji and Zoro have always been portrayed as similar in strength and I refuse to believe that Zoro could "slice and dice them both up". If you say Zoro can easily beat Jinbe an Sanji then you might aswell say he can slice and dice Akainu. (Akainu might be an extreme example but you know what I'm getting at).
    Sanji used multiple times diable janbe to beat yabra
    Luffy used gear 2 many times to beat lucci
    Zoro overpowered the most powerfull slicing kick and diced up kaku in 1 blow.

Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanji used multiple times diable janbe to beat yabra
    Luffy used gear 2 many times to beat lucci
    Zoro overpowered the most powerfull slicing kick and diced up kaku in 1 blow.
    So Zoro is stronger than Luffy aswell? I think you're just a Zoro fan - you're not being realistic. This is what a swordfighter does. He and Kaku traded blows long enough aswell but if you get through ONCE with a sword it could be the end of it. Sanji and Luffy fights with their bodies - Zoro with swords. Ofcourse if one attacked gets through it has bigger impact. Like I said: Agree to disagree. I disagree 100%.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast