Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zoro Brooke Kinemon

6 42.86%
  • Sanji Jinbe

8 57.14%
  • Tie/Other...

0 0%
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Zoro, Kinemon & Brook vs. Sanji & Jinbe

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zoro, Kinemon & Brook vs. Sanji & Jinbe

Luffy and zoro are roughly equal in combat power, however luffy has a larger advantage against majority of his oponents due his DF ability compared to zoro

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but zoro alone wins this one

and i love jinbei...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member KuroKarasu's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by REN KOUEN View Post
    Sorry but zoro alone wins this one

and i love jinbei...
    Who are you apologizing to? It's just your opinion

I personally actually don't like Jinbe very much and I like Zoro but it's still absurd to me that so many people think Zoro could 1v2 Sanji and Jinbe. Neeeeeeeever....

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

jimbei is over rated

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DutchPhoenix View Post
    jimbei is over rated
    Jinbe was a shichibukai for a hell-of-a long time (around 10 years), and he has a bounty of over 400.000.000 Beli. He is an expert at fishman karate, managed to hold back Akainu for some time ( a feat that Ivankov and Inazuma together failed miserably at). Even if he was prepared for it and it was head-on, he blocked Luffy's gear second-enforced jet stamp like it was nothing.

Sengoku and other high-ranking Marines were severly distressed over Jinbe's choice of not participating in the war as a Shichibukai.

He was imprisoned in level six of Impel Down, where only the criminals that are so dangerous/strong and have done such outrageous deeds that the world needs to forget they ever existed are placed.

Overrated? I think not.

ONT: Sanji and Jinbe take this without too much difficulty. Jinbe takes care of Kine'mon and Brook, while Sanji holds off Zoro for a while. After that they double-team Zoro until he is defeated.
    Hey, Ace! Sabo's alive man! just thought you deserved to know.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheLuffySmile View Post
    Jinbe was a shichibukai for a hell-of-a long time (around 10 years), and he has a bounty of over 400.000.000 Beli. He is an expert at fishman karate, managed to hold back Akainu for some time ( a feat that Ivankov and Inazuma together failed miserably at). Even if he was prepared for it and it was head-on, he blocked Luffy's gear second-enforced jet stamp like it was nothing.

Sengoku and other high-ranking Marines were severly distressed over Jinbe's choice of not participating in the war as a Shichibukai.

He was imprisoned in level six of Impel Down, where only the criminals that are so dangerous/strong and have done such outrageous deeds that the world needs to forget they ever existed are placed.

Overrated? I think not.

ONT: Sanji and Jinbe take this without too much difficulty. Jinbe takes care of Kine'mon and Brook, while Sanji holds off Zoro for a while. After that they double-team Zoro until he is defeated.
    My point exactly. Like I said before - I don't really like Jinbe as a character but right now he is on par with Luffy. Well many say Luffy is a bit stronger, many say Jinbe is a bit stronger. But all in all almost everyone agrees that Jinbe and Luffy are pretty close in strength. Now I can't believe that some people actually think that Zoro could take Jinbe and Sanji 1on2. If he could then he could just slice Mihawk open right now because then he is waaaaay too strong for the Strawhats.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, Zoro does seem to be scary powerful... That bladed tornado attack was cutting iron nonchalantly and was chasing his enemies to the ends of hell lol.. Zoro hasn't gone all out yet..

I think Zoro is on par if not stronger than Jinbe.. But I believe Zoro would beat Jinbe by a decent margin if it came to one on one... I really am anxious to see post time skip Asura...

Kinemon and Brook do get Solo'd by Sanji, but it takes him as long as it takes Zoro to defeat Jinbe, then Zoro and Sanji would duke it out with the last of their power, and I'd be confident in saying Zoro would win
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sachsenhesse's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Also on Zoros side. That guy cut Hody underwater and Hody didnt even saw it coming... and this goes on, we never saw zoro in a real fight since a long time. Everyone who gets in his way was getting stomped. Aaaand then there is his eye. I really see it coming that he closes it only because he wants a challenge because luffy takes all the strong ones... <.<"

Sure Jimbei is strong as hell... against a fighter who relies mostly on fistfight. There he doenst need to dodge and can tank the hits. Try tanking Zoro. Please go on. I think there is a reason why Sanji was fighting against Vergo and not Zoro.

Zoros only purpose in the crew is being a monster in battle. Sanji is still a good fighter, but also a cook. Brooke and Kinemon should acutally could hold off Sanji for a good time, so Zoro can first put Jimbei to his sword and then Sanji.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Brook would be taken out rather easily in this caliber of battle so it's kinda just Zoro and Kin'emon vs Sanji and Jinbe.

Kin'emon appears to be somewhere in between Zoro and Brook in terms of power and skill, so Jinbe would be more than a match for him. Plus, I'm assuming his fire would easily be nullified by his Fishman Karate. Zoro and Sanji would, at the least, be equally matched for the most part as we've seen nothing that shows one is superior to the other. At the most Zoro slightly edges Sanji out, but not by much, and only because he has more lethal techniques, but Sanji is much more agile and has plenty of maneuverability. Hell, Sanji and Jinbe could knock both Kin'emon and Brook into the surrounding water which just leave Zoro.

Quote Originally Posted by Sachsenhesse View Post
    Zoros only purpose in the crew is being a monster in battle. Sanji is still a good fighter, but also a cook. Brooke and Kinemon should acutally could hold off Sanji for a good time, so Zoro can first put Jimbei to his sword and then Sanji.
    His being a cook has no effect on his combat skill. He is just as much a monster as Luffy and Zoro. Brook wouldn't stand a chance against Sanji. Kin'emon, on the other hand, would give Sanji an interesting match, seeing as how his technique allows him to cut through fire. He definitely wouldn't win against him though.

Jinbe against Zoro, would be rather fun to see. Jinbe is a million times the fighter Hodi was, so don't think it would turn out the same way. I'd imagine that the clash between the two would be fairly matched, 'cause I highly doubt that Jinbe would run face first in Zoro's blades. Sanji would come in and Zoro would have to face to particularly strong fighters and I don't think he'd be able to handle both of them. He ain't the World's Greatest Swordman just yet.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

KuroKarasu - As I agree with most that you wrote here Zoro should be stronger than Jinbe in my opinion. With Luffys edge over Jinbe as latter agreed joining up Luffy and being under him so to say for me its clear indication that Luffy is stronger.

Zoro at same time was shown as beast when it comes to progressing in his growth, he had 2 years of training with one of top people in whole world and he wasnt shown by Oda in real fights till now. Its my take on it as we dont have clear proofs yet in manga, so it will take time. For all I would compare Jinbe with Sanji, for me it was a bit of a hint from Oda when he paired up Sanji and Jinbe. You must remember that Strawhats are young people, with high rate of growth while Jinbe is far over 40 but as it seems in One Piece this is age of characters being at prime so to say- when they are not getting old yet and their strength is not decreasing and at same time they have accumulated a lot of fighting experience as it is also something that matters in this manga.

As for this "I actually agree that Zoro and Luffy are above Sanji in terms of strenght and endurance an ambition" they are above but not by as big margin as they were. Sanjis body was now said to be very durable - by Nami when she was blown up by Cesar while being in Sanjis body, he later fought pretty well Vergo who was one of most durable characters that we seen in manga till now(I still hold to my "theory" that Vergo will be revealed as metal paramecia user and that Sanji body buildup with Okamas food will be mentioned in future) and say all you want - for Sanji to be able to manage two years on island full of Okamas.. It must have had gave him also a boost in willpowers strength as it takes a lot to beat 99 okama masters, at same time run away from most repulsive things you can imagine and still stay practically the same person as he was before. I strongly dislike showing people strength in numbers but it often makes things most clear - I see it like that:

With Luffy being 100 thanks to his all round training and CoC haki I see Zoro at 95 with his amazing fire power thanks to his swords as he is less mobile than Luffy(who also has gear second to boost) and Sanji is at third place for me with 90- I see it as Luffy having to use gear second to be able to be slightly faster than Sanji, also Sanji boosted his mobility by learning blue walk and sky walk being in the end the most mobile strawhat so to say(without counting Luffys gear second of course) at same time he doesnt have as much firepower as other two. He makes it up with his mind though.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Theres nothing sanji can do against zoro, in close combat he will get killed in matter of seconds.
    Same goes for jimbei.

Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    With Luffy being 100 thanks to his all round training and CoC haki I see Zoro at 95 with his amazing fire power thanks to his swords as he is less mobile than Luffy(who also has gear second to boost) and Sanji is at third place for me with 90- I see it as Luffy having to use gear second to be able to be slightly faster than Sanji, also Sanji boosted his mobility by learning blue walk and sky walk being in the end the most mobile strawhat so to say(without counting Luffys gear second of course) at same time he doesnt have as much firepower as other two. He makes it up with his mind though.
    I actually had this discussion with a friend. We said the difference between Zoro and Luffy is smaller than the one between Sanji and Zoro so we said 100, 97 and 92 or something like that. Well it's hard to say but my opinion is still the same. Sanji might be below Zoro but Jinbe is atleast on par. Kinemon and Brook don't stand a chance against either one so I still go with Jinbe/Sanji winning.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Jimbei/Sanji would win. Although it is hard to imagine right now since no one has gone all out, post time skip. Jimbei hasn't gone all out before or after the time skip, we do know his abilities but we haven't seen him go all out. At this point in time, the reason why I thought Oda didn't put Jimbei in the SH Crew right away was because he's equal if not marginally stronger than Luffy at this point. If we were to number this, Jimbei 100 Luffy 100/99 Zoro 97 Sanji 94 imo

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner hawk eye's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

zoro beats sanji high diff at most, while jinbie beats the two swordsmen mid diff, jimbie afterwards take on a more injured zoro, so he should win.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2