Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Nisekoi Anime Discussion

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nisekoi

I love shaft head titls, Raku looked amazing those times

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Sincerely, I don't mind with this, at least not to drop an entire series because of a detail. It can serve for comical circumstances, I don't know, I have to watch more to give a good opinion.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

This is not just a little detail. I don't like the whole animation style. It's okay if you like it but I just don't.
    Maybe the next episode is a bit better. One can hope. Would be kinda sad if I had to drop this show.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BobobVanBlob's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    This is not just a little detail. I don't like the whole animation style. It's okay if you like it but I just don't.
    Maybe the next episode is a bit better. One can hope. Would be kinda sad if I had to drop this show.
    The problem is that all the head-tilting/background changes/change in style and so on are part of SHAFT animation style...

I think we should see it this way : would picking another studio have been a better idea ?

I would honestly say no, and because I love to type pointless long posts here is the stupid imaginary scene I have in my head for it.

Person : Okay guys we have a Comedy/Romance/Harem/Shounen, the hero is always nice with people and is surrounded by a lot of girls with different personalities allowing shifts between scenes and comical situations, plus a really dumb background with yakuzas and gangsters. Who wants to animate it ?

Bones Studio : Not interested, no fights, KK bye...

A1 Pictures : Is it taking place in a weird working environment or a unusual highschool or is it a really big hit ? Or with any incest in it ? [Note to myself, I should stop making fun of Oreimo sometimes]

Person : Nope Nope and Nope again !

KyoAni : Is there a lot of procrastination in it and is slice of lifey ?

Person : Not that much.

Gainax : Is there a lot of plot ?

Person : SHUT UP GAINAX !

[Fill in the blanks with other studios]

SHAFT : Can I do headtilts ? Can I, can I, can I ?

Person : Okay, here you go...

All of this just to say : I don't see a single studio taking care of this one better than SHAFT, okay the headtilt can still annoy when overused, but I wouldn't mind it, the changes of styles and the suddenly manga panel changes allow to recreate the feeling of the manga, so I wouldn't complain.

For the Nadeko voice I just say this : Onodera is like Nadeko, a cute brat ! So yeah, same voice making you want to slap her, but it's fine, it's in character (I don't like Onodera that much).
    WAHAHA~ My anime list - - tsil agnam yM ~AHAHAW

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobobVanBlob View Post
    The problem is that all the head-tilting/background changes/change in style and so on are part of SHAFT animation style...

I think we should see it this way : would picking another studio have been a better idea ?

I would honestly say no, and because I love to type pointless long posts here is the stupid imaginary scene I have in my head for it.

Person : Okay guys we have a Comedy/Romance/Harem/Shounen, the hero is always nice with people and is surrounded by a lot of girls with different personalities allowing shifts between scenes and comical situations, plus a really dumb background with yakuzas and gangsters. Who wants to animate it ?

Bones Studio : Not interested, no fights, KK bye...

A1 Pictures : Is it taking place in a weird working environment or a unusual highschool or is it a really big hit ? Or with any incest in it ? [Note to myself, I should stop making fun of Oreimo sometimes]

Person : Nope Nope and Nope again !

KyoAni : Is there a lot of procrastination in it and is slice of lifey ?

Person : Not that much.

Gainax : Is there a lot of plot ?

Person : SHUT UP GAINAX !

[Fill in the blanks with other studios]

SHAFT : Can I do headtilts ? Can I, can I, can I ?

Person : Okay, here you go...

All of this just to say : I don't see a single studio taking care of this one better than SHAFT, okay the headtilt can still annoy when overused, but I wouldn't mind it, the changes of styles and the suddenly manga panel changes allow to recreate the feeling of the manga, so I wouldn't complain.

For the Nadeko voice I just say this : Onodera is like Nadeko, a cute brat ! So yeah, same voice making you want to slap her, but it's fine, it's in character (I don't like Onodera that much).
    Or I don't know, J.C Staff, the guys who did Toradora and Railgun.
    They would have been great for something like Nisekoi.

But then ehhh shaft would be the second best.

I think I honestly wouldn't mind if Shaft goes an original anime ending route for Nisekoi if the manga keeps dragging out. Oops, shouldn't have said that.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally watched the first episode, and I enjoyed it. Watching it I felt it had a very distinct style, and then I realized it was Shaft. I personally liked the stylistic direction they took with it. Vibrant colors, comical scene shifts, and even the head tilting I enjoyed. This was definitely done by Shaft.

I agree that JC Staff would've been a better choice for something like this, but I like what Shaft has done with it. I read the manga so I know what's going to happen, but seeing it animated this way has brought a sense of novelty to the series, in my opinion.

I really like the cast of VAs they have for this--the voices fit perfectly. At least for Shuu, Raku, Chitoge, and Onodera--can't speak for the other ones yet.

Quote Quote:
    I think I honestly wouldn't mind if Shaft goes an original anime ending route for Nisekoi if the manga keeps dragging out. Oops, shouldn't have said that.
    Truth.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    I finally watched the first episode, and I enjoyed it. Watching it I felt it had a very distinct style, and then I realized it was Shaft. I personally liked the stylistic direction they took with it. Vibrant colors, comical scene shifts, and even the head tilting I enjoyed. This was definitely done by Shaft.

I agree that JC Staff would've been a better choice for something like this, but I like what Shaft has done with it. I read the manga so I know what's going to happen, but seeing it animated this way has brought a sense of novelty to the series, in my opinion.
    I agree I think SHAFT added a nice extra flavour with their particular style. Almost makes the series somehow feel special, and not like the usual Romcom. Laughed hard a few times, I think this actually was better than the adapted chapter.

Not so sure about JC Staff, really. It all depends on the team working on the series for them, sometimes the series turns out really good, while sometimes they're pretty average and/or bland. So yeah, I believe SHAFT is the best team for this. As I mentioned above, their style gives the series the special flavour needed to stand out from all the other Romcoms out there.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Generic episode for this kind of series but I enjoyed it, it can't be helped anyway. I am not sure if it would be better but I belive A1 would do a very good job with this kind of series.

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I agree I think SHAFT added a nice extra flavour with their particular style.
    I agree. Love the headtilts.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved episode one, I do not think it could have been done any better! The animation was perfect, exactly what I want from a Shaft anime. All of the voice actors were excellent, really capturing the role. Hana Kana makes the ideal Onodera. Nao was spectacular as Kirisaki. I can't wait to hear how Asumi Kana (Kotomi in Non Non Biyor) plays Marika. She is one of my favorite VA's. All around superb first episode.

I posted the link to the Jump thread earlier today, but according to yaraon, it looks like the anime is already boosting volume sales at Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Leoat12 View Post
    I don't what do you mean with "head tilt", but I believe that it is just a detail. The background was faithful to the manga most of the time, some scenes on the chapter don't have background nowhere, in this case, I think, they did a good work. Which background would want?
    The voice most suitable to its character was Onodera's one.
    Head tilting is a Shaft trademark. Not just Monogatari, but Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Arakawa Under the Bride too. Their other signature is a close up on characters eyes, while they look from left to right, or right to left. There was a lot of that in Nisekoi. I really loved it. I love Shaft's style of animation. The use of slow motion in critical scenes is another Shaft signature

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I agree I think SHAFT added a nice extra flavour with their particular style. Almost makes the series somehow feel special, and not like the usual Romcom. Laughed hard a few times, I think this actually was better than the adapted chapter.
    Forget Romcon. Is there another Jump adaption that looks like this? This is Shaft's first real romcon, and their first Jump adaption. Very cool. I really enjoyed episode one. I loved all the little flourishes, like how they filmed the inside of the school. Kirisaki's signature angry walk, with her elbow's pointed out, looked great.

Quote Quote:
    Not so sure about JC Staff, really. It all depends on the team working on the series for them, sometimes the series turns out really good, while sometimes they're pretty average and/or bland. So yeah, I believe SHAFT is the best team for this. As I mentioned above, their style gives the series the special flavour needed to stand out from all the other Romcoms out there.
    I have mixed feelings about J.C. Staff too. I'd rather another studio. Some of their anime are well produced, others, not so much. The quality of J.C. Staff, Silver Link, and A-1 anime seem to vary greatly from title to title.
    Last edited by Kaiten; January 13, 2014 at 02:39 PM.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

With Sky-senpai's opinion I put "head tilt" as a bad thing, but now I'm starting to think that it can be a quality. :P
    What it's a fact is that I liked the SHAFT's style used on Nisekoi along with "head tilt".
    Looking forward to the next episode!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I didnt think anyone ever considered the head tilt bad.
    Its just a trademark of their stuff and a bit more things.

Only questionable visual things to be was the visual textures in some scenes (tons of sparkles, a seemingly disco ball always shining in some moments, that random insert of a gorilla in one moment, and then the classroom scene with like 24 seats all disorganized oddly, too much)
    Last edited by SharkBait; January 13, 2014 at 03:42 PM.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Those head tilts are simply the best. XD
    Anyway I always wanted to start Nisekoi as a series considering all the positive reviews that it always got, so I finally decided to follow it by watching its anime.
    As a non-manga reader, I find the anime pretty good and all the characters are awesome, especially Chitoge and Raku.
    Definitely looking forward to watching the next episode.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Some images from episode 2 was posted by official twitter.
    One of them shows a new character.

Spoiler show

Last edited by Akainu; April 17, 2014 at 09:19 AM.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    I know what you mean Sky. I'm actually a fan of the style generally but it's not for everybody; and doesn't really help that the reaction artwork in the manga is just way to good to duplicate. That being said they definitely went overboard with the sparkly effects and such. Every time something romantic happened it was like a dump truck full of glitter exploded.

Still, I came away from the first episode quite pleased.

The thing that worried me the most was who they cast for Chitoge VO. She is the same person who voiced Chiho on Hataraku Maou-sama! and a lot of other characters along those lines. So I was a little concerned they were going to soften Chitoge, but that wasn't the case at all and she did great.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 2:

Still not a fan of Chitoges pink hair but I guess I can live with it.

For some reason I like Kosaki way more in the Anime version. I guess animation made her cuter.
    Dere-Chitioge was great thanks. Great job from the VA.

Claude was awesome too.

All in all I liked this episode. Much better than the first one.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast