Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: One Piece awards 2013: Nomination

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece awards 2013: Nomination

As the name of the thread suggests I created this thread for nominate the the best or worst things that happened in the 2013.
    We matust nomiate things that happened between chapter 695 and chapter 733.
    The things that you can vote are these:

1. Best male character.
    2. Best female character.
    3. Worst male character.
    4. Worst female character.
    5. Best new male character.
    6. Best new female character.
    7. Worst new male character.
    8. Worst new female character.
    9. Best character (without counting the genre of person or the fact if he/She is a new character or not).
    10 Worst character (without counting the genre of person or the fact if He/She is a new character or not).
    11. Best moment of the year.
    12. Worst moment of the year.
    13. Funniest moment of the year.
    14. Best fight of the year.
    15. Worst fight of the year.
    16. Failed plot twist.
    17. Great plot twist.
    18. Best chapter of the year.
    19. Worst chapter of the year.
    20. Best attack of the year.
    21. Worst attack of the year.

If someone thinks that I missed something that actually is important can add it to the contest.
    Last edited by Marche; January 05, 2014 at 09:45 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece awards 2013: Nomination

1. Best male character. = Zoro
    2. Best female character. = robin
    3. Worst male character. = bellamy
    4. Worst female character. = jora
    5. Best new male character. = bartolomeo
    6. Best new female character. = violet
    7. Worst new male character. = dellinger
    8. Worst new female character. = rebecca
    9. Best character (without counting the genre of person or the fact if he/She is a new character or not). = zoro
    10 Worst character (without counting the genre of person or the fact if He/She is a new character or not). = bellamy
    11. Best moment of the year. = bartolomeo explaining the miracle he witnessed
    12. Worst moment of the year. = bellamy coming back
    13. Funniest moment of the year. = barto's reactions
    14. Best fight of the year. = zoro clashing with an admiral
    15. Worst fight of the year. = law vs doffy (buzz kill)
    16. Failed plot twist.
    17. Great plot twist. = sabo showing up
    18. Best chapter of the year. = 730
    19. Worst chapter of the year. = none
    20. Best jutsu of the year. = gravity df
    21. Worst justu of the year. = art df

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Best male character?

Doflamingo. 2013 was his year, without doubt.

1. He's in the middle of everything and he's everywhere - I don' like the "I am the final boss therefore I shall sit on my throne and let you face everyone else until you face me" type of villain and Doflamingo hasn't been like that. He likes to dive in and get dirty. He owns this arc.

2. His relationship with his own crew - In One Piece there are scumbags and then there are scumbags. One's who will fight for their own and those who will not.
    Enel, Kuro, Don Krieg and Crocodile belong/belonged to the former, Arlong and BB to the latter. Doflamingo on the other hand has been leaning towards the former but as in the case of Bellamy also leaned towards the latter. He's an opportunist and he's not afraid of discarding people he doesn't trust or like, but he does give people second chances and all but Law have shown extreme loyalty even when treated poorly. There's also the fact that he doesn't seem to rule by fear to the ones closest to him, like how he flatters Diamante when trying to order him.

3. Power level - Toyed with Sanji and did the same with Law, no sweat just a smile.

4. DF named, explained and shown - I have written before of my disappointment of not only the insane amount of DF's shown and wasted in this arc but also how un-Odasque they have been. Doflamingo's fruit on the other hand takes us back to the roots. Goofy, pun-filled and comprehensible also insanely powerful and fitting to it's arc, a la Crocodile and Enel.

5. A winner - The SH are like the Scooby Doo, if it weren't for these young pirates the villains would have won. They have an impeccable ability of showing up at the right time to sabotage what the villains have planned for so long. With the exception of becoming Pirate King there's really no goal of his to sabotage. He's already a King, also literally, who is running the under and the world above. It's this throne that Law + SH are currently rattling and it brings forth a desperation unique to the villains of this manga.

This are my five reasons to why Doflamingo is the best male character of 2013!
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Best male character. Doflamingo. He set this whole arc in motion, has a very interesting past and relationship with his crew, and he's shaping up to be the best One Piece villain the SH's have encountered yet.

2. Best female character. Well to be honest, in this particular arc as of this moment there are no females who have done anything really aside from Rebecca and Jora, neither of which I care for. So I'll give it to Robin, since she's always a very clever and cool-headed character.

3. Worst male character. Maynard. To the guy who said there's never a "worst" anything in One Piece, you need to re-read this guys chapter. I'm still mindboggled Oda actually drew a chapter dedicated to a fodder character off-screening another fodder character just so he can get off-screened by Bartolomeo and serve as pointless hype(Maynard's rank was never even that impressive in the grand scheme of things, and it's not surprising in the least that Bartolomeo was much stronger than his subordinate) And Oda didn't even show Bartolomeo's appearance or even a silhouette in that chapter. That is definitely a bad chapter.

4. Worst female character. Well although I said I don't care about Rebecca or Jora neither really deserve a title like this...I just feel Oda has done too many female characters like Rebecca already in One Piece. But she is important to the story nonetheless. And Jora is just a member of Doflamingo's crew with a sort of weird ability. I'll give it to Jora I guess.

5. Best new male character. Fujitora. He's a big player in this arc and his presence and impact on this arc has definitely helped to make it very interesting.

6. Best new female character. Violet. It's nice that Sanji might finally actually get some.(Probably not)

7. Worst new male character. Maynard. There were a lot, A LOT of fodder who got way more attention than they deserved, meanwhile interesting characters who are fighting had their fights off-screened. But Maynard is without a doubt the most pointless character in this arc.

8. Worst new female character. Jora.

9. Best new character. Doflamingo.

10. Worst new character. Maynard.

11. Best moment of the year. Doflamingo revealing he's a Tenryubito, never actually renounced his position and can give orders to Fujitora.

12. Worst moment of the year. Oda skipping/off-screening any fight that was interesting.

13. Funniest moment of the year. Bartolomeo and Cavendish both get this, Bartolomeo for freaking out over Luffy and the SH, and Cavendish's moments with Luffy or should I say "Lucy".

14. Best fight of the year. Well....to be honest there weren't many real fights. Most of them got off-screened. I'd give it to Law vs Doflamingo vs Fujitora/Law vs Doflamingo if it was properly shown. I guess I'll give it to B-Block, Elizabello's King Punch was cool.

15. Worst fight of the year. D-Block. Most of it got off-screened, then when we finally return to it Oda dedicates a chapter to introducing a bunch of fodder(most of which were already introduced), just so he can again shift away from them and then shift back to them after they're already done fighting......all in one chapter.....really Oda?

16. Failed plot twist. Not really sure what counts as a "failed" plot twist. Is it a plot twist that isn't surprising? In that case I'll give it to Soldier being Rebecca's father. Doesn't harm the story at all in anyway, but it was really, REALLY obvious.

17. Great plot twist. Doflamingo being a Tenryubito, yada yada read #11 again.

18. Best chapter of the year. The chapter where Doflamingo reveals he's a Tenryubito

19. Worst chapter of the year. The chapter about Maynard.

20. Best jutsu of the year. King Punch.

21. Worst justu of the year. That fairy with the stitching DF ability.
    Last edited by exacta; January 04, 2014 at 03:42 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Roarchu's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Best male character.
    Doflamingo

2. Best female character.
    Wicca. Violet is cool too.

5. Best new male character.
    Batolomeo. I like Mr Soldier too though.

6. Best new female character.
    Wicca

9. Best character (without counting the genre of person or the fact if he/She is a new character or not).
    Doflamingo

11. Best moment of the year.
    Best event: Law & Doflamingo’s transaction.
    Best moment: Sanji sky walking towards Doflamingo and kicking him.

13. Funniest moment of the year.
    Luffy being an idiot in keeping his disguise.

14. Best fight of the year.
    Luffy vs Don Chinjao. Zoro vs Fujitora was a really exciting exchange though..

17. Great plot twist.
    Sabo

18. Best chapter of the year.
    I can’t pick

20. Best jutsu of the year.
    Zoro’s brutal slash at Fujitora

My own questions:
    Character that stood out in some way more than before?
    Franky wanting to help the soldier’s army

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marche View Post

If someone thinks that I missed something that actually is important can add it to the contest.
    Three things to improve:
    • Since this is nomination thread there should be data about when the nomination period ends and when the voting period begins and ends. The thread of the previous years had not voting system, and they were only threads for expressing each one preferences. The novelty could help the discussion but you need to add the schedule of those periods.
    • There are no jutsus in One Piece, so delete categories 20 and 21 or renamed them.
    • Also I would delete categories 9 and 10 which are redundant.

My nominations:
    5. Best new male character. - Fujitora: he's a very interesting one, since we don't know how his sense of justice could have a place under Sakasuki's administration. His power is also very intriguing and nice to watch.
    11. Best moment of the year. There are many, but I would nominate Sabo's apparition.
    12. Worst moment of the year. The revelation that Bartolomeo was just a fan. But it's also a funny moment. I have mixed feelings about it, still.
    13. Funniest moment of the year. Luffy's giving back his hard sharp bump to Don Chinjao. Some of us were speculating with the possibility that what Garp was taken from Don Chinjao was the possibility to have the One Piece. Good trolling Oda.
    15. Worst fight of the year. Law vs Doflamingo + Fujitora: it could have been one of the best of all times but we only see the beginning and the result. Damn!
    17. Great plot twist. Sabo's apparition and Big Mom trying to capture Caesar
    18. Best chapter of the year. Sabo's apparition
    Last edited by ukimix; January 05, 2014 at 07:37 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

WWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!

5. Best new male character: Fujitora
    6. Best new female character: Violet
    7. Worst new male character: Maynard
    8. Worst new female character: Jora
    11. Best moment of the year: The return of Sabo
    12. Worst moment of the year: Nothing happening for a whole chapter
    13. Funniest moment of the year: G5 marines shouting insults at the Strawhats because otherwise they would "end up loving them"!
    14. Best fight of the year: Luffy VS Don Chinjao
    15. Worst fight of the year: Smoker VS Doflamingo
    16. Failed plot twist: LOL! NO SUCH THING EXISTS IN ONE PIECE!!!
    17. Great plot twist: The Return of Saboooooo!!!
    18. Best chapter of the year: Chapter 731: Dressrosa Operation SOP!!!
    19. Worst chapter of the year: Chapter 732: The Underground World
    20. Best jutsu technique of the year: Fujitora's Meteor Shower
    21. Worst justu technique of the year: Jora's Devil Fruit powers... modern art.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Three things to improve:
    • Since this is nomination thread there should be data about when the nomination period ends and when the voting period begins and ends. The thread of the previous years had not voting system, and they were only threads for expressing each one preferences. The novelty could help the discussion but you need to add the schedule of those periods.
    • There are no jutsus in One Piece, so delete categories 20 and 21 or renamed them.
    • Also I would delete categories 9 and 10 which are redundant.

My nominations:
    5. Best new male character. - Fujitora: he's a very interesting one, since we don't know how his sense of justice could have a place under Sakasuki's administration. His power is also very intriguing and nice to watch.
    11. Best moment of the year. There are many, but I would nominate Sabo's apparition.
    12. Worst moment of the year. The revelation that Bartolomeo was just a fan. But it's also a funny moment. I have mixed feelings about it, still.
    13. Funniest moment of the year. Luffy's giving back his hard sharp bump to Don Chinjao. Some of us were speculating with the possibility that what Garp was taken from Don Chinjao was the possibility to have the One Piece. Good trolling Oda.
    15. Worst fight of the year. Law vs Doflamingo + Fujitora: it could have been one of the best of all times but we only see the beginning and the result. Damn!
    17. Great plot twist. Sabo's apparition and Big Mom trying to capture Caesar
    18. Best chapter of the year. Sabo's apparition
    The fact is that I pretty much copied the thread that I created for Naruto, I have only changed few things.
    For this reason I wrote jutsu instead of attack for the points number 20 and 21 (now I have changed it).
    Another thing is that just like for the last years I want that you say preference, with no voting system.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marche View Post
    The fact is that I pretty much copied the thread that I created for Naruto, I have only changed few things.
    For this reason I wrote jutsu instead of attack for the points number 20 and 21 (now I have changed it).
    Another thing is that just like for the last years I want that you say preference, with no voting system.
    Then the title of the thread is wrong.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Then what you think would be the right title???

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The Best and the Worst of One Piece in 2013 like for 2011 and 2012...

New Reply