Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Hamatora the Animation

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hamatora the Animation

Hamatora the Animation
    Genre: Action, Supernatural
    Production: NAZ
    Director: Kishi Seiji
    Original Character Design: Kodama Yuuki
    Starring: Ohsaka Ryota, Hatano Wataru, Kato Emiri, Kamiya Hiroshi

The story revolves around "Minimum" or "minor miracle"—special hereditary powers discovered only in an extremely limited number of humans. Those who possess such powers are known as "Minimum Holders."

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hamatora the Animation

Episode 1:

Okay it did feel like watching K again. But the characters are pretty cool here. Especially the lightning guy.
    Hajime and Koneko are very cute and to my liking.
    The powers are cool and not over the top too.
    Promising start, I will watch episode 2.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

After watching its first episode, I think the manga is a prequel for the animation.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Koshi_Inaba's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    After watching its first episode, I think the manga is a prequel for the animation.
    Yes it is, this a mixed media franchise like K, so each part of the franchise tells a different story. The K novels and mangas serve as prequels and sidestories for the anime, so I won't imagine this being any different.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hamatora PI agency with these minimum holder users is a unique and fun premise. The agency situation itself with just a nice mix of friends feels like a family right off and all are easily warm and welcoming with their own quirks and unique personality. I cant wait to see what other duo and trio setups are used as we go further specifically I would want to see BIrthday, Murasaki and Nice team up and maybe some Nice and Birthday as well and at one point some Nice and Art which ought to be a good one (and for them isnt that Valvraves Haruto and L-elf duo by voice actor grouping).

Birthday is a favorite Nice too, and then everyone else is good. Looking forward to more and great colour design and usage for Minimum Holder moments. Final one with nice was quite mindblowing.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I was happy when I tried this one out. It does have the K kind of feeling, though I hope so much that it will not be as disappointing as that series. I really like the setting of the power; it is so varied and executed beautifully. Can't wait to see the actions of other Minimum Holders of the team (for example Koneko and Hajime) (Hajime is very cute, by the way! >3<). I'm not too sure of Nice's power, but it looks cool. I like Doc's power next because the way he analyzes his 'patient' before attacking is just funny and cool. XD

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 2:

I really hope, Hajime gets more screentime soon...
    Anyway... We had a scumbag teacher and even more scum aka bullies. That case wasn't that interesting...
    But the serial killer is. He really looks like a maniac... Brain fetish? That is new... Ugh...

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Liked the premise of the initial story with Theo and bullying and Nice being inspired to help him out just to give him a reason to live, cant believe the bullies got him that far that he want to jump off the building. But somehow it became a mighty fun time as the case developed and what not and the ending became extremely memorable Theo laughing it up and what not, great laugh for his VA, and just getting through the tears.

Birthday could get more involvement but time for Art and Nice to interact was worth it, and Murasaki is a nice partner for Nice. Wonder what the next episode setup is and will Theo stay, seemed like him in the ED

OP is my favorite visually and musically, "FLAT" by livetune adding Yuuki Ozaki (from Galileo Galilei)

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel that the case on second episode was a bit weird and too fast for my taste, but overall it's not too bad. Definitely loving Birthday, lol, looking forward for more from his characters. Maybe even a past story if possible. From the flashbacks, I wonder if we'll only see Nice's story or if we'll see others too. Fun times for Nice but headache for Murasaki at school. I laughed at how he lacked even 50 yen to buy a sandwich. XD

The villain has a bad, nasty vibe. I hate the idea of taking brains off of someone's head. -__- It doesn't seem to be a regular fetish, though. Near the end Art and someone was talking about how to create a Minimum Holder by using brains of a Holder or something? I kinda forget, lol.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I just realized that I didn't even leave a comment about this series.
    It's really an intriguing one, with all those people with supernatural powers and the main cast of characters it's good.
    That Psycho with the brain fetish is scary though....
    Oh, and I want to see more Hajime.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 3. The villain was introduced quite fast, and he made no effort in hiding himself, lol. He seems to be the type who choose to taunt people instead. Looking forward to how he will twist our 'good boys'. Hopefully they make him interesting enough, starting from his past up to why he is so attached to Nice, apparently. And if he is also a Minimum Holder, and what his Minimum is.

Nice and Murasaki are cool this time. I need more Birthday and Doctor, but their short screen time was funny.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Welp, I got a recommendation from one of my friends on tumblr and watched all 3 episodes in one sitting. Its enjoyable and I'll definitely be watching the rest.

-I really love the art style and the special effects. I am such a sucker for color-blocking, acid prints, and psychedelic effects in general. This was just perfect!
    -I am also a sucker for bishonen designs, apparently. All the main characters are really swish!
    -The names are really hilarious when I first heard it, and I'm really curious why they chose them! Moral, Art, Nice, Birthday....it just feels really random. I know there's a huge chance that'll get explained later on but it's still odd getting used to.

I agree with Skyguardian I hope we get to see what the deal with Hajime-chan is. She hasn't gone out on any missions either, so it makes me wonder what her deal it.

Nice makes for an interesting protagonist. His minimum is amazing and he had every opportunity to become famous and successful, Murasaki too. But instead they're barely making ends meet. At the same time Nice doesn't seem to harbor that much ill will towards the academy that trained him...so what gives?

The plot is nice and easy to understand, and I like that there are stand-alone mysteries as well. I'm curious to see more of Art and Nice's background...especially since they were really friendly with each other in the first two episodes, but then suddenly they became strained in the 3rd one. I hope Art doesn't lose his head - literally and figuratively.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    I hope Art doesn't lose his head - literally and figuratively.
    By Moral, maybe he won't, since he doesn't have a Minimum.

The latest episode's idea of a hidden message and can only be heard by kids is rather strange for me, as I feel that it is not logical. We get to see a strange Minimum, though, that Beauty one. Quite shocking, haha. Moral is so.. immoral, but the way he gave his bloody jacket to a kid is contradicting his own character. Or maybe he just love kids.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The powers in this series are really weird and this episode was hilarious . Finally Hajime's time to shine, didn't think that old man would be a traitor.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

New Reply