Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Nobunagun

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Nobunagun

Nobunagun
    Genre: Action
    Production: Bridge
    Director: Kondo Nobuhiro
    Series Composition: Yamguchi Hiroshi
    Starring: Mutou Shiori, Asakawa Yuu, Shimazaki Nobunaga, Suzuki Tatsuhisa

Shio Ogura is a Japanese high school student, who is visiting Taiwan on a school trip when she is suddenly attacked by monsters. Agents known as "E-Gene Holders" from the government agency DOGOO also arrive, who wield weapons infused with the spirits of historical figures. Shio is revealed to also be an E-Gene Holder when the soul of Oda Nobunaga awakens after she tries to rescue a friend.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nobunagun

Episode 1:

Well that escalated quickly. First of all, I like the main character. She is a weirdo and has a lot of potential.
    Fighting monsters with the power of your ancestors... This sounds weird and great at the same time.
    First episode was definitely not bad. I'll watch the next episode too.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

This is so going to become one of my favourite for this season.
    The main character is a likeable one and damn, her ancestor is none other than Nobunaga!
    Can't wait already for the next episode and I kinda want to hear more maniacal laughters from Nobunanaga and Osui.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been a while since I saw such a strange female as the lead. This should be a fun ride.

I watched this with a friend, and she brushed this series off, saying how it gave hints towards yuri between the Nobunagungirl and her soon-to-be new friend, lol. I hope it won't lead that way, since so far I enjoyed it. The connection with characters from the past is somehow funny, it reminds me of Michael Scott's Secrets of Immortal Nicholas Flame and how the author poured in various characters from history. Let's see what Saint-Germain or Newton can do, hohoho.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, that was an excellent first battle for Sio and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how she will perform in the future battles after the training she will have in the next episode.
    Anyway I don't mind the hinted yuri in this series, maybe because I'm a pervert. LOL

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    Anyway I don't mind the hinted yuri in this series, maybe because I'm a pervert. LOL

The battle was fun. It made me think that she would have troubles fighting those creatures in the future, though, if she had to make her bullets heavier/more compact to hit 'em. Or maybe these creatures were exception, lol. I wasn't that satisfied about the characters' old selves and their current abilities. Newton is very Newton, but the skill doesn't seem very useful. Gandhi is a shield... Where did that come from -__- And Nobunaga should be with sword instead of gun, no? The combination is weird but it works so far so I'll stop complaining. XD

---------- Post added January 23, 2014 at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was January 14, 2014 at 05:06 PM ----------

Episode 3 was fine, maybe slightly boring. Finally we get to see action again in the next episode. The fan service part...

I wonder why Dogoo expects so much from Sio. Is it because of her offensive weapons? So far she and Jack the Ripper are the only ones with decent attack abilities.

New Reply