Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta

Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta
    Genre: Adventure, Romance
    Production: TMS Entertainment
    Director: Suzuki Toshimasa
    Series Composition: Inotsume Shinichi
    Starring: Ishikawa Kaito, Taketatsu Ayana, Hanae Natsuki, Yuki Aoi

This is a tale of a prince who lost everything who leaves for a journey with no guarantee of returning to his hometown safely. With hatred and revenge in his mind, he meets several people that teach him about friendship... and love.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta

Episode 1:

This was a great start. We get two funny siblings and some other characters with potential. The overall synpsis is not that great and the romance part looks a bit cliche but I don't mind.
    The main character is named after Superman huh? Apart from that, this show is so far one of the few I'll definitely watch completely.
    Looking forward to episode 2.
    Last edited by Skyguardian; January 07, 2014 at 12:30 PM.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I see potential in this anime, too. Although I didn't understand much about the reason of the journey at first, I think it is something that they will explain along the anime, so nevermind. The siblings and that mysterious guys are interesting as well as Claire. I think that she and Carl was in love at the first sight.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't expect things to escalate that quickly between Kal-el ( superman reference?) and Claire, but I think it's off to a great start. Ariel is effing adorable and I love her dynamic with her 'little bro'. I'm not sure how I feel about the other guy, though, but we didn't really see much of him yet.

I will definitely continue watching this.

Oh, and dat soundtrack. <3 It felt like I was watching a movie with how dramatic it was.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Claire is a noble and it can be a problem. I hope that Kal-el and Claire love doesn't suffer interferences with this. One episode and I'm already cheering for them, this is a good signal.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, that's what I call love at first sight. XD
    Anyway yes, this show definitely has a lot of potential and that's I'm looking forward to seeing how the story will unfold.
    But.....what's the problem with that guy? I mean he glared at Kal-el as if he knew him....guess we'll find out later.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Who wants to bet that Claire is that princess Nina V.....?

Before this anime started, i actually watched "The Princess and the Pilot", a movie adaption of a novel by the same author to get an idea whether i should watch this one or not and i have to say i found it very boring and generic. Nevertheless, against my better judgement, i still tried the first episode of "The Pilot´s Love Song" and liked it a bit more than the movie, not to say that the first episode was more than your usual set up episode but the background of the characters, especially Karl, Nina/Claire and the "creepy" guy, seems interesting enough to make me watch a few more episodes.
    Considering the summary, i guess Karl or Kal-El was a prince whose family, judging from his hatred and and thirst for revenge against Nina, was overthrown by Nina´s family in a brutal way (the fire probably), so if Claire turns out to be Nina, i guess this could turn into a forbidden love tale in which the protagonist willl learn to forget his hatred and choose love over it. Also, considering the way the "creepy" guy behaved towards Kal-El, i guess he could know his identity.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 2:

So it is Carl x Claire and Ignacio x Ariel huh? Well not that it matters.

Carl (just because Kal-El seems to be stupid...) really was a prince huh? That's why he is familiar with that kind of stuff. Is Ariel a princess then? Or are they not related?

Furthermore I wonder what Ihnacios story is...
    That other brat is so annoying...

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent episode.
    Carl and Claire couldn't stop to think to each other, they are definitely in love. They also form a great couple: Claire is shy, and Carl is talkative, one complete each other. She looks special and now we know that Carl is also special, he is more noble than anyone else, but why he is there?
    Interesting characters and interesting mysteries until now. Looking forward to the next episode.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I agrree witj everything that has been stated here.
    Claire and Carl are really a cute and good couple and I can't wait to see more of their relationship.
    However the fact that Carl is and ex-crown prince and Claire is supposedly Nina Viento, who seem to have killed Carl's mother, might ruin their relationship.....I hope nothing bad will happen to them in the future.
    I wonder what's Ignacio's problem with Carl though......
    Oh and one last thing; Wolfgang and Carl silenced that Fausto guy like bossess.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 3:

What a cruel past. What did the emperor do wrong to deserve execution? Same goes for the rest of the family. Such things make me angry...
    At least he survived...I hope well learn the real reason someday.

Ignacio did like what he saw though... What the hell is his problem?!
    I hope Karl is able to forgive later... Be it thanks to Claire or for his monthers final wish.
    Last edited by Skyguardian; January 21, 2014 at 11:38 AM.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 3

By what they said, the coup d'etat was because of revenge, I don't think that the royal family was bad, so it was probably greed. Sad past and now we know what is Karl's objective, or at least, if he didn't follow his mother's words, to forgive his enemies. It is very hard forgive someone who murdered your entire family. All his grief come together in a single person: Nina Viento. I'd like to know more about Nina Viento and that guy who is always spying, but doesn't say anything and was in Karl's past, too.

Another aspect of the story is Karl and Claire relationship. Apparently, Claire noticed that Karl was staring Nina Viento's picutre, I think she want to know more about Karl, but doesn't have the courage to ask. She is shy in the ground, but in the sky she is very courageous, she gave all the instructions to Karl. She a tight bond with the sky... Maybe she has any relationship with Nina Viento?

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Nina Viento and Claire are voiced by the same Seiyuu, so they're probably the same person.
    Anyway Karl's past was really cruel and I don't think that his family deserved what happened to them also because the mastermind behind the rebellion doesn't seem to be that righteous, at least that my impression of him when I saw his face.
    All in all it was a good episode and the Karl X Claire moments are simply adorable.
    I hope that somehow Karl will forget the past, even though I know it's impossible for him to do that; he should just exact his revenge on the guy who planned his parents execution if he really wants it.
    Back to the episode I wonder how they face the incoming storm....

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 4:

Damn this romance won't be easy... Claire is Nina Viento after all... That pretty much explains the ending animation, I guess.
    Poor Karl... Falling in love with the girl that is pretty much responsible for the death of his family...
    He will freak out when he discovers the truth...

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Episode 4:

Damn this romance won't be easy... Claire is Nina Viento after all... That pretty much explains the ending animation, I guess.
    Poor Karl... Falling in love with the girl that is pretty much responsible for the death of his family...
    He will freak out when he discovers the truth...
    I don't think that Claire is that much responsible for Carl's parents' death.
    Okay, she made possible their capture, but the ones who killed them physically were those who started the rebellion, and I'm refering to the higher-ups, not the people, who in every rebellion it is just used.....
    Besides I don't know you, but when Cleaire becomes Nina Viento, it seems like she's another person or under some kind oh hypnosis.
    Anyway I really liked this episode, because it showed us how Karl, Ari and their elder sisters knew each other and where the dream to fly came from for Karl.
    To conclude I wonder what's deal with Ignacio.....does he hate it Karl that much or there's something else behind his behaviour?
    Can't wait for the next episode.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast