Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Ryuken as the "Last Quincy"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BaddAzzKenpachi74's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ryuken as the "Last Quincy"

Just as the title suggest, what do you think is the meaning behind Ryuken Ishida calling himself the "Last Quincy"?

I know it was said that he has inherited all the Quincy arts of old from his father but him being the last Quincy now seems to suggest that there is way more to it considering the appearance of the Wandenreich and Yhwach.

Its seems obvious to me that he must know that Yhwach is back given the events of Masaki and his Wife's death as a result of Yhwach, and yet he still refereed to himself as such.

And he is also the only confirmed pure blood Quincy alive besides Yhwach, and yet for some reason there has been no mention of him from the Wandenreich or Yhwach, infact, they have recently recruited his son.

So why haven't we saw or even heard about them approaching Ryuken?

Surely he would be a pretty prime candidate for them in the Quincy vs Soul Reapers war.

Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki
    . ("Discuss This" http://discussthis.freeforums.org/index.php

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ryuken as the "Last Quincy"

I guess it goes along the lines of what juhabach said here.
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/543/4
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/544/5

Ishida is the last survivor of the quincy among the impure quincy, hence why juhabach referred to him as such. Ryuken is not a mixed blood quincy so his title refers to either the last pure blood quincy in the human world or the last pure blood quincy from the ones that survived 200 years ago.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I guess it goes along the lines of what juhabach said here.
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/543/4
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/544/5

Ishida is the last survivor of the quincy among the impure quincy, hence why juhabach referred to him as such. Ryuken is not a mixed blood quincy so his title refers to either the last pure blood quincy in the human world or the last pure blood quincy from the ones that survived 200 years ago.
    Another possibility for the meaning of Uryuu and Ryukken being the last Quincies is that they're the last "living" Quincies; perhaps Yhwach and the Sternritter are actually dead. We know at the very least they've been converted into soul form by the fact that they're in the Soul Society; whether this is because they died or entered the Soul Society through a special Senkaimon (similar to what Uryuu used during the Rukia Rescue arc) remains to be seen. I'd say it's the former, as Uryuu would have also undergone conversion to get to the Soul Society, so it wouldn't make sense to refer to Uryuu as the last Quincy if he were the same as them...
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, uryu has never been referred to as the last quincy per say or the last living quincy. Uryu was called the last quincy survivor, specifically because he survived the selection when no one else in history ever had. This is not something in any form or context applicable to ryuken as there is no reason for us to think he was even targeted by the selection to begin with. The wandenreich quincy being dead or alive is not really of consequence to my suggestion though, its pretty much the same as what you just suggested. My point was about ryuken being the last true quincy in the human world. Ishida having feeble powers and apparently not even having all the powers the quincy have (he did not have blutz in part one) would account for him not being a true quincy.

New Reply