Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Witch Craft Works

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Witch Craft Works

Witch Craft Works

Episodes: 12
    Aired: Jan 5, 2014 to ?
    Producers: J.C. Staff, Lantis, Kodansha
    Genres: Action, Fantasy, Supernatural, Seinen

Synopsis
    Takamiya Honoka is a regular student whose only problem seems to be that he sits next to Kagari Ayaka, the school's #1 beauty. They have never spoken to each other before and any small interaction between them immediately results in her fanclub beating him. Yet when a falling part of the school's building is about to send him to the afterlife, it's Kagari that comes to his rescue. Only... she's dressed as a witch, carrying him in her arms and floating on a broom?! Kagari tells him it is her mission to protect him and that now she can finally protect him openly rather than undercover.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Witch Craft Works

Episode 1:

Kagari is a really cool character. No emotions on her face and a strong fighter. The guy on the other hand is very, very annoying... He didn't even care that he is a princess in Kagaris eyes...
    Furthermore a catgirl used an army of robot bunnies to attack him and if that wasn't enough, she also joined their class like four other witches... ugh...

Close call, but I will watch at least episode 2. I don't have high expectations anymore though...

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought that was really good. I had not been planning on watching, read a few good reviews, and decided to give a try. I thought episode one had a nice mix of action, comedy, and absurdity. The leads make an excellent pair, I particularly like the role reversal. She's the strong, overpowered, stone faced hero. He is the "damsel" in distress she has to protect. The animation was excellent, reminding me of Index and Railgun. Definitely a pleasant surprise.

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

The bunny army was awesome.

---------- Post added January 11, 2014 at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was January 10, 2014 at 10:10 PM ----------

Witch Activity could be the strangest, most memorable ED since Hare Hare Yukai.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

So Takamiya has something inside him.....and I LOL'd at the joke they made about it. LOL
    Anyway this show is growing more and more on me and Kagari is definitely a cool character and also cute in a way.
    W
    Can't wait for the next episode.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 2:

I feel so bad about considering to drop this show.

The jokes are amazing. Evil witches doing Karaoke... That line about white stuff inside him... Comedy gold.
    Especially awesome that a witch is doing the witch hunting by herself...

Takamiyas sister could be great too...

---------- Post added January 20, 2014 at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was January 14, 2014 at 12:01 AM ----------

Episode 3:

Kagari is so adorable... But also badass. How she defeated that loli witch was very cool.
    Our "princess" really is a weird male lead. Well at least he tries...
    Now I wonder which kind of witch his sister is.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

That magic lesson was really awesome. LOL
    Anyway Kagari, other than being an adorable Kuudere, is also a badass female lead with her power.
    I didn't liked the fact that she didn't helped that girl at first, but I can see her reasoning behind her decision and in fact, that was really a trap.
    I can't wait for the next episode, also because it seems that Takamiya's sister is a witch. O_O

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 4:

That battle between the bear and the bunny was so damn ridiculous... Those puppy eyes. x'D
    His sister is nothing more than a brocon... This really is great action comedy.
    Even better that Kagari somewhat proposed at the end... x'D
    Last but not least, that karaoke "meeting"... Best bad guys ever.

Furthermore Medusa was introduced... I wonder, will she be more than comic relief?

PS: Did he never notice that a living bear plush was leaving in his house?!

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

That's the best fight I've seen in a while; seriously, three giant plushies fighting eac other like that? LOL
    Anyway it's quite surprising that Takamiya's sister is a witch....but even more surprising it's the fact that Kagari kinda confessod to Takamiya. XD
    By the way, I'm already liking Kasumi with her brother complex and her Yandere-like personality.
    I wonder if Medusa is really that terrible, considering the underlings she has.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

"Evil must not idle, then." might be the best line of the season, so far.

Medusa looks ridiculously awesome. Can't wait to see what she's up to. I also want to know more about Chronoire, the only Tower Witch who isn't (so far) a complete putz.

---------- Post added February 07, 2014 at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was January 28, 2014 at 10:03 AM ----------

The single cover for Witch Activity pays tribute to Kraftwerk's 1978 Man Machine LP.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 5:

I wonder where this is going... The enemies are ridiculous at best. Something is wrong when only the good white fairy feels like a threat... Even the brocon looks more evil...
    Anyway... Not a bad episode. I like Kagari and Takamiya being together. The mother is epic too... Epic logic... x'D

---------- Post added February 10, 2014 at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was February 08, 2014 at 08:07 PM ----------

Episode 6:

Damn this really is a comedy show... Kasumi is the most ridiculous brocon ever and Kagari just lacks common sense... x'D
    Furthermore why are those tower witches at their home?!

Another weird episode with no sense whatsoever... Well and a weird teacher appeared... x'D
    Last edited by Skyguardian; February 10, 2014 at 09:14 AM.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one who thinks that in this show there isn't a true villain?
    I mean, Medusa is living at Takamiya's place.....what the hell? XD
    Anyway this episode was hilarious and Kasumi is the greatest brocon that I've ever seen.
    And Kagari, she too is incredible in a way for her powers and lack of common sense.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Episode 6:

Damn this really is a comedy show... Kasumi is the most ridiculous brocon ever and Kagari just lacks common sense... x'D
    Furthermore why are those tower witches at their home?!

Another weird episode with no sense whatsoever... Well and a weird teacher appeared... x'D
    "Call me Onee-chan please" :')

"Onee-chan."

"Again."

"Onee-chan."

"Again."

"Onee-chan...."

Easily the best part of the episode XD

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

"Imouto Power" was the best part of the episode

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

I like the Mei, Katsura, Rin, Kuraishi, and Utsugi plushies in the toy store. I guess the snake represents Medusa.

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 7:

Damn this is getting ridiculous... Her mother is just an airhead... x'D
    I start to think that those german witches might be the real threat (as usual) but we will see. I'm pretty sure they are goofballs too.
    So much useless destruction. Gotta love those moe flames though. "Hell yeah!"

Kagari has a pretty girly face in the preview...
    Last edited by Skyguardian; February 24, 2014 at 08:40 PM.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, Kagari fused with Medusa was really cool I must say......and hot.
    Anyway the Tower's whitches are awesome and give the show an unreal atmosphere. LOL
    I can't wait to watch the next episode, because it seems we will have a look at Takamiya's and Kagari's past.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast