Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How does Juhabach plan on getting to the soul king?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How does Juhabach plan on getting to the soul king?

Quote Originally Posted by Twar View Post
    If Juhabach's motive was simply to overthrow the Soul King and cause chaos, you'd think Aizen would have no objections to joining his cause (due to the apparent discontent he showed against the whole institution of SK). His disagreement could suggest either that this isn't Juhabach's plan or Aizen is convinced that if he were to help him, Juhabach would go on to replace SK as "lynchpin", merely changing the name of the ruler, not the game.
    The issue here is that its not "simply" being the soul king. If juhabach takes over sereitei he becomes a political leader, he essentially takes over shinigami duties. Aizen aimed for godhood via becoming the king. Basically my point is that juhabach is aiming for more than simply destroying everything or replacing the shinigami. Aizen wasn't aiming for chaos or anything of the sort, he was aiming to make things as they should be. Aizen could have simply refused because he disagreed with juhabach's version of how the world should be or he simply didn't want to follow someone who is a potentially bigger asshole than himself.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel like Yhwach might actually succeed in destroying the Spirit King and taking his place (if that is what he wants) and then Ichigo has to go Mugetsu-style again. After killing Yhwach the throne remains empty and Ichigo is the only one suitable for the job and therefore becomes the new king, because Ichigo is an extremely god-like being in terms of power matched by no one.

This is a fairly common theory, that Ichigo will become the SK.

I just get the feeling that Yhwach will be a more effective villain than Aizen, he will reach his goal but ultimately still go down. It's kind of Shonen logic that the bar should be raised.
    Last edited by Notak; January 13, 2014 at 02:39 PM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, ichigo can't really become the soul king if he uses his FGT though. Using it would imply he looses his power once again so in that scenario I doubt he would be in any position to become the SK. It is very likely he will go all transcendental in the future, almost certainly to an even greater degree than before now that the hold over his powers was released, however they can't just go and use a technique like that so easily. Alternatively I guess ichigo could use FGT and let someone else become the SK.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah yeah I forgot about that. I suppose Ichigo could perhaps use a FGT-like attack without the "final" penalty. Or maybe he wouldn't even need to use it.

Makes me wonder how strong the SK is, his strength could be anything as far as we know right now

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

No idea who could become the new SK though other than Aizen.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I would argue that the soul king being potentially the origin of shinigami would be something distinct from his actual duties as soul king. As far as juhabach being a counterpart to it I think there is an important context difference to consider. The soul king is not king just because he boned enough to start a type of souls, the soul king has actual duties which he performs from his dimension which regard the existence of the world itself. As far as we know juhabach is not currently anything like that, his existence does not hold reality from crumbling. He is just some dude who boned enough to have a military organization made entirely from his descendants. As far as the world is concerned juhabach could die and no one would know better. In turn the SK dying and not being replaced would likely have dire consequences for all those that have to continue existing and whatnot.
    Well, that's what I'm wondering. It does seem that Yhwach is just a powerful guy with special blood (I refrained from mentioning other fluids...), but is there more to it? Do he and the Soul King go back further? As it is, I consider Yhwach as more a counterpart to Yama than to the SK; he's simply the king of the Quincy because he doesn't acknowledge anyone higher and he's the one they descend from. He's the pinnacle of their rather selective breed. But then the Soul King could be similar. He might not have originally been a special being like he is now, and simply have taken the position of king and linchpin by some means or other. That's pretty much what Aizen was out to do. But that was just pure speculating.

Edit - One thing I just remembered is the Kaiser Gesang. The final line of it is that the sealed king of the Quincy would "regain the world in 9 days". I always thought there might be something to the word "regained", since it obviously suggests that he was the big man once upon a time. So who knows? Maybe the Soul King is actually a usurper.

Thinking more about what Yhwach wants, it may be simply to destroy SS. He's claimed (or hinted) that the ultimate goal is peace. But there never can be peace as long as there are Shinigami, Quincy and Hollows knocking about. Shinigami and Quincy battle each other, whilst both constantly battling Hollows who seem pretty much impossible to drive extinct. I don't know what plans he may have for Hueco Mundo, but when it comes to Shinigami, wiping out the Gotei 13 isn't enough. Rukongai is full of spirit potentials who go on to become Shinigami. The only way to eradicate Shinigami entirely would be for Yhwach to completely destroy SS, which he can only do by killing the Soul King.
    Last edited by NoOneInParticular; January 13, 2014 at 06:18 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    Well, that's what I'm wondering. It does seem that Yhwach is just a powerful guy with special blood (I refrained from mentioning other fluids...), but is there more to it? Do he and the Soul King go back further? As it is, I consider Yhwach as more a counterpart to Yama than to the SK; he's simply the king of the Quincy because he doesn't acknowledge anyone higher and he's the one they descend from. He's the pinnacle of their rather selective breed. But then the Soul King could be similar. He might not have originally been a special being like he is now, and simply have taken the position of king and linchpin by some means or other. That's pretty much what Aizen was out to do. But that was just pure speculating.

Edit - One thing I just remembered is the Kaiser Gesang. The final line of it is that the sealed king of the Quincy would "regain the world in 9 days". I always thought there might be something to the word "regained", since it obviously suggests that he was the big man once upon a time. So who knows? Maybe the Soul King is actually a usurper.

Thinking more about what Yhwach wants, it may be simply to destroy SS. He's claimed (or hinted) that the ultimate goal is peace. But there never can be peace as long as there are Shinigami, Quincy and Hollows knocking about. Shinigami and Quincy battle each other, whilst both constantly battling Hollows who seem pretty much impossible to drive extinct. I don't know what plans he may have for Hueco Mundo, but when it comes to Shinigami, wiping out the Gotei 13 isn't enough. Rukongai is full of spirit potentials who go on to become Shinigami. The only way to eradicate Shinigami entirely would be for Yhwach to completely destroy SS, which he can only do by killing the Soul King.
    Whoa!!! I just had a completely crackpot theory!!! What if the "Sealed King" within the Quincy folklore isn't Yhwach, but is the Soul King instead!!!

This theory would make perfect sense; the Soul King is a Quincy! It would explain several things;
    • It would explain why Aizen hates him so much; of course a Shinigami would despise a Quincy sitting on the throne!
    • It would explain how the Soul King is so powerful; if almost the entire Quincy race has been eliminated and their power has returned to him, he's going to be a beast!
    • He would fit into the folklore, as he has been hibernating just as Yhwach has!
    • It would explain how he fulfills his role if he's responsible for recycling souls; Quincies have the power to manipulate spirit particles, which the Soul King may do to construct beings!
    • It would explain the star symbol associated with the Quincies, as it looks similar to the Royal Dimension from a birds-eye view (the tower where the Soul King resides in the middle, and the 5 cities of the Royal Guards surrounding it)!

But where do the Shinigami fit into this? Well, going by the fact that they're the polar opposite to Quincies, my best guess is that they were either born at the same time as the Soul King (as a sort of equalibrium), or the Soul King engineered them to be the exact opposite to Quincies so that no other Quincy could steal their powers from them...
    Last edited by Lee.J.Baxter; January 14, 2014 at 05:53 AM.
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2