Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: what do you expect this 2014?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

what do you expect this 2014?

I expect that dressrosa arc will be concluded this year, and I am very excited to know how oda will conclude it and how the fans will react to it because this year ,2014, will be one of the controversial arc in one piece because of one Question, Is Luffy strong enough to defeat dolflamingo alone?

I am confident that luffy will defeat dolflamingo alone in a hard fight in one round because if he does not, Dolflamingo will absolutely finish him unlike crocodile. I believe that dolflamingo's body is not as tough as luffy, so in a physical fight i think dolflamingo will lose, on the other hand his attacks are very devastating so one hit from him can turn the tide in battle. However I am worried because he is called the "sky demon", which could he is an expert in an aerial battle. Dolflamingo may choose not to fight luffy in close combat instead he will be at the sky spamming his DF, which would mean that Luffy may have to use "tactics" to defeat.

Other expections/predictions
    Bellmay's death maybe
    If dolflamingo is defeated bellamy will saved him at some point
    Sabo will win the mera mera no mi obviously, however the fight will be a battle royale with all the winners
    All the yonkou will be shown this arc
    Big mam is on the ship and Shanks is on the island of zou
    Ussop and robin vs trebol and sugar
    zoro vs peeka, kinemon vs gladius, then zoro and kinemon vs fujitora
    franky vs the factory guardians
    There will be no party this arc because kaido will arrive
    sabo is the seventh warlord as the spy of the revolutionary

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BetaRuler's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: what do you expect this 2014?

how COOL will Sabo LOOK is an expectation he best live up to, I expect some one as courageous as Ace and at least as handsome!
    So I said this with a belief that my opinion actually mattered at least by 1 iota!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto learning new Jutsus... oh sorry wrong manga!

Usop getting his courage back. He is like a metronom in the past years. Sometimes he has courage sometimes he has not.I thought since the timeskip he has grown some balls and his debut on sabaody + his performance on ishman island were really cool. But now he is all like sissy again... why?

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

^
    I really found the Naruto comment funny, good one.

But I don't get why would want Usopp to change? Not being Brave is Usopp's thing. Lies, luck and smartness twisted with cowardice is what defines him, I guess it should remain that way. He can motivate everyone when required, that's why he remains critical.

I actually like Usopp's behavior in Dressrosa. Usoland will become a legend bigger than Sogekingu. I have high hopes of him running away and still being the champion.

Anyways, I expect the following this year:

1. More Pirate clashes

We always hear legends of how Roger battled Whitebeard, and similar stuff, yet we haven't seen Luffy actually battle any pirate at the sea. Its always been in an island (expect thriller bark, technically being a ship). This ought to happen soon with Yonkou spreading their land

2. Mugiwaras' one on one battles

We never really saw the mugiwaras on a good one on one fight since the timeskip. While we saw a glimpse of it in Fishmen island, they were not really tested, not even Usopp. I expect to see Zoro in action stretching his limits

3. Explanation of Yonkou territories
    This is expected once this arc is over... But how geographically the new world is distributed amongst the yonkouts and the world government, I would really like to see that.

4. Whitebeard pirates
    what happened to them? Even with WB gone, they should be strong enough to standup to Yonkous.

5. Revolutionary army revelations
    Roles explained, with Dragon making a longer appearance.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Expect to be surprised by Oda's genius writing skills of this wonderful, masterpiece.

p.s., I'll stop swinging off the sack now.
    "Men are Liars, Women are Hypocrites and Nature balances us out".

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

1. zoro new sword(s)
    2. some character develepment
    3. dragon getting a proper introduction
    4. garp dies
    5. remaining WB pirates join shanks

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Real power of the Strawhats. Last but new Shichibukai. Buggy's reappearance. Mugiwara crew's bounty rise. Shanks's come back. Enel's come back. Reappearance of the Whitebeard pirates. Matters with Aokiji. Jack's appearance. Kaidou's introduction. Big Mam's screen time. Information regarding Void Century. A proper explanation of how Haoshoku Haki works, or at least more detailed information than we have now for we prettily have nothing. Revolution Army's step-in and also Dragon's appearance.

Though I doubt we will get to see all of this as Oda has many years to go till the end of One Piece, therefore to show and explain all of these.. but small glimpses would not be bad at all too.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BetaRuler's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

may I ask DutchPhoenix, why the Garp dies expectation XD

and llaubacher... man id love to see so many of those things too... Though I too doubt we'd get to see even half of those things happen this year ;-;
    So I said this with a belief that my opinion actually mattered at least by 1 iota!

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Well first of all i expect a chapter this week.

I wanna see luffy meet up with dragon. Exchange some words. When they first meet, will luffy be like "so your my dad huh?" or get out of my face you stupid father." whatever he will do, it will be epic.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Heeeeey guys there is only 52 weeks in a year !
    We will see a lot of glimpses (as BB's new beard on the Den-Den Mushi, a little bit of Aokiji, etc), that's sure, but a lot of things will have to wait.
    I hope that Dressrosa'arc will be on its very end, with a fest (there is always a fest), but a lot of things will happen since then and the main thing will be the BATTLES.
    Now, there is a hudge amount of opponents facing the SH, so we may see a lot of fights in order to decrease this number.

I'm so excited about that...
    But I'm really not sure that the arc will be ended in less than 50 chapters (40 actually since Oda takes a break every four week minimum)

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hokageji View Post
    2. Mugiwaras' one on one battles

We never really saw the mugiwaras on a good one on one fight since the timeskip. While we saw a glimpse of it in Fishmen island, they were not really tested, not even Usopp. I expect to see Zoro in action stretching his limits
    This is the point agree with the most. 2 arcs, and I'm not counting the reintroduction of the SH's, have gone and we've yet to see one on one battles with the exception of Luffy vs the bad fishman and Monet. Zoro usually gets time to shine but still it has been very underwhelming. The fights against the new fishman crew was like against fodders, with Oda teasing us with their newly achieved battles, but we've yet to see them actually sweat... I hope this arc will end with some standard one on one fights a la Skypiea or Ennies Lobby were the title of the chapter is "pirate Franky vs whomever", that is what I want.
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I love this arc so much, it could be the new Alabasta!! I think it s a great idea to break the mugiwara in 3 groups. The batlle in 1v1 are totally guaranteed. I hope that we will see Robin in Infiltration Mode (two years with team Dragon...) But this year, i really hope we ll see Sanji in a good day (not only for showing his broken legs or kick minions). Now that Sabo is here, it s obviously him who ll have the fire fruit, too bad, i hoped that one of Mugiwara d have it (Luffy: like BB, two fruits consistent with the red Hawk punch thing, or Sanji who is always on fire...) But i don t want see more characters that we already saw. We have 2 Yonku, the new admiral and one of the last CC unknown, what else?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I expect alot more yonko activity

and i expect to see more of dragon and the revolutionaries

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Spam286's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, some of these are pretty optimistic. I'm basically just expecting Dressrosa for the entire year. And I'm totally fine with that. We might get glimpses of other stuff, maybe a Sabo flashback, maybe a few more hints as to the nature of the WG courtesy of Doflamingo, but the focus is gonna be Dressrosa for the majority of the year. There's still loads of stuff that needs to happen.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Zoro, luffy & law take out big mum
    Kid, apoo and basil, xdrake take out kaido
    blackbeard takes out shanks

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast