Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 144 Discussion / 145 Prediction

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member WEERG's Avatar
    Country
    Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 144 Discussion / 145 Prediction

I liked the chapter over all felt short but sweet. The cliffhanger just makes it more exciting for next weeks chapter as too what may happen will they fight or will 9AD's goons attack were is the sunwoo are they behind him or they waiting outside which i doubt and if, Elder Kwon went toe to toe with 9AD would he win or lose

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that GMR has actually witnessed Shioon fighting! He has seen the results of him fighting so likely figures Shioon would just die if his minions attacked him. Time for Shioon to shine!

My prediction: Shioon tries talking Chunwoo out of attacking the alliance. GMR starts wavering so the minions attack Shioon... and get curb-stomped!

OK, maybe not curb-stomped, but he is clearly a match for any one or two of them.
    Last edited by Wowzers; January 18, 2014 at 06:08 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bighawke5's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if you guys haave realized this or not but there's a time lapse between the two last pages...

GMR blacks out and then next page we get Shioon who seems like he litteraly "BROKE" in with dust cloud behind him as proof...
    BUT what else do we see? the same martial arts alliance suits that were calling out "boss" earlier to kang-sung...except this time they look beat up and even one of them has lost his suit and has blood on his white shirt with sleeves pulled...and in general they are all holding one another like if some earthquake terrorized them....

AND then the last clue, no kang-sung...I mean at least the author would have had his expression in a panel somewhere cuz him seeing Shioon again and all would be important, BUT no, we are treated to a wide shot which only focuses on GMR and Shioon, and then the two other panels on that important page are dedicated to LESS important character's(the suits and the goons) reaction to Shioon's arrival....

SO THE QUESTION IS....where's Kang. lol

My guess is that there was about 4+ minutes that happened right after GMR blacked out and that's why it feels to him like he snaped right back to reality but some time has actually passed...and in that time, i'm afraid kang-sung is not looking good...Probably drowning in his own pool of blood on the floor somewhere....AND his suits decided "naw shit we aint gonna let this happen and just watch, we'll die protecting him if we have to" (ala sunwhoo suits when elder Jang passed with shioon in his arms) and jumped in and THAT is why they look so beat up in that last panel...
    Last edited by bighawke5; January 19, 2014 at 12:12 AM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member brold's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Simply wow, and finally.

Since Shioon did not knock the door into the end of the room would mean that Shioon is in control and did not let his feelings get in the way, like what he did in the KOA tower's front entrance in Book 1. Shioon has demonstrated that he has grown since Book 1.

When 9AD blacks out, he can still hear sounds and (not Shioon's) voices, would mean he has just and still is in the entry into full BOT. In Book 1, 9AD could not see or hear anything when deep under full BOT, until Shioon woke 9AD out of BOT.

There would be too little time for 9AD to do more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by bighawke5 View Post
    SO THE QUESTION IS....where's Kang.
    Yes, this is a good question.

As for why we did not see what happened to the government forces outside the building, I'm betting that the author is saving this when Shioon with 9AD and the remaining Shadow Warriors exits the building to a sight of tossed buses, crushed armored cars, government personnel on the ground or kneeling, all surrounded by Sunwoo.
    I might know the difference...maybe.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

either the next chapter will be

flashback on what happen in Shioon's side or chapter will be just small talk between Shioon asking GMR what he done in MMA building

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

BUT what else do we see? the same martial arts alliance suits that were calling out "boss" earlier to kang-sung...except this time they look beat up and even one of them has lost his suit and has blood on his white shirt with sleeves pulled...and in general they are all holding one another like if some earthquake terrorized them....
    They were already beaten up before the fight between Kang Sung and Chun Woo Han started. Here are some examples from various chapters before and during their fight:

Chapter 138
    Chapter 138
    Chapter 138
    Chapter 139
    Chapter 141
    Chapter 141
    Chapter 143
    Chapter 144

You have actually a good idea, but I don't think the bad state of the MAA dudes is an indicator for you point.

AND then the last clue, no kang-sung...I mean at least the author would have had his expression in a panel somewhere cuz him seeing Shioon again and all would be important, BUT no, we are treated to a wide shot which only focuses on GMR and Shioon, and then the two other panels on that important page are dedicated to LESS important character's(the suits and the goons) reaction to Shioon's arrival....
    This, however, is much more interesting. It's really strange that we don't see Kang Sung's reaction or Kang Sung at all. So, it's not a far-fetched to think that some time passed and Chun Woo Han defeated Kang Sung badly. Or the author just wanted to focus on the reunion between master and apprentice. The reason why we were shown the less important characters (MAA and BFD dudes) could be that the author wanted to dedicate a big panel to Kang Sung (since he is the most important character there, besides Shioon and Chun Woo Han), but there was no space left for it. Who knows. I'm really curious if you are right or not. I hope not, only because I'm such a fan of Kang Sung and don't want to see him near death, while Chun Woo Han seems to be totally fine.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you guys are over-analyzing the last page. If you also look at it again, the angle obviously hides the spot where Kangsung was.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

SO THE QUESTION IS....where's Kang. lol
    good point but we will see if

Kang-Sung was hit by GMR using a Ki Blast or still on the same spot in his stance but because the author want to show GMR and Shioon for a reunion

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member WEERG's Avatar
    Country
    Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I think Shioon would be able to actual curb stomp them, he is higher than the standard masters am sure he is higher than hail not sure about big mountain as we haven't seen him fight.

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

I would say it's about time smug face and the elder to make an entrance and declare they are part of SUC or they will just watch near bye

---------- Post added January 21, 2014 at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was January 20, 2014 at 11:54 PM ----------

My prediction, GMR will try to get close to Shioon, after some small talk he will attempt to kill Shioon again, elders will jump in or just kwon as he is real fast and attempt to fuck 9AD, 9 arts is forced back and he realizes he can't use bot anymore as it would be too risky at this point, he then leaves stating it's not over, Kang Sung and then says he will destroy the Sun Woo clan as well somethig like this will happen I think.

9AD has a while to go a well, I don't think he would be a match for kwon due to the fact kwon real faster and probably smarter, 9AD uses brute strength and is relying on BOT too much and that was against Kang Sung so he would have to go into full BOT mode to go against Kwon i guess but then again he still would be match probrably

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nanoclarkology's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was not let down by this chapter. I was however wondering if Shioon was even going to be in the chapter towards the end.

I really want one of GMR's underlings to come at him and then Shioon owns them. Then 2-3 follow up and he pulls a Kang on them. I don't need a protagonist to have his hands clean of blood in a very dirty world.

As for Kang I think the author was focusing on the Master-Disciple relationship. Next chapter everyone will be amazed at this 'runts' power. Maybe any of the following will show up and be a witness, Hyuk, Mamungi, Yi Gyum Bum, Elder Kwon and Doc Shik. Any of them can witness the awesomeness that Sunwoo has become because of Shioon.

This reminds me of Sera and how a couple of chapters ago she said Sunwoo was incalculable, unpredictable, dangerous because of their reckless nature. Looking forward to next chapter.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

It's thursday already..and we still got no cover scetch..im gettin nervous...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner OneAndOnly's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 144 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Doko-tak A-Team Translator
    About the blog post

says he went into working on this week's chapter relatively early. shouldn't be a problem meeting this fri deadline. and it's 22pp, thanks to plenty of time.

the problem will be next, next week (end of the month), he says, when korea celebrates the Lunar New Year -- which falls on the 31st. that's a friday, btw, folks, and the holidays start the day before. timely satisfaction of the deadlines this wk and next should mean a peaceful and happy holiday for PJH, but he's worried. already.

btw, who do you suppose the coversketch girl is, asks PJH. he changed her eyes a little bit, and she became a different person!
    This should made it clear...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member megaman2290's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shader View Post
    It's thursday already..and we still got no cover scetch..im gettin nervous...
    We don't always get a cover though, so everything should be alright. The problem will be next week, as we don't know whether he'll do a chapter or not.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Also he didn't post anything on the DAUM website so it should come out today.

However since last week the chapter came out around 7 pm Thursday my time I am expecting a real late release this time. I gonna say 2 am Friday.

Please do not let it be a flashback of glasses dude being an arrogant ass, again, and getting owned by Kwon and Shioon.

Hope the chapter goes like other people are wishing 9AD goons attack, they lose. I can see the sword chick attacking first out of all of them since she is the only one given some dialogue.

Thread Closed
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4