Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New World Strawhat power ups on each island.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

New World Strawhat power ups on each island.

Early when we began to meet the gnomes in the dressrossa island a very popular theory was that Ussopp would get a powerup on this island because how the gnomes revealed themselves to be very skilled with growing and agriculture, basically things like ussopps pop greens.

As you see above they say there is no plant they can't cultivate.

Well anyway i agreed with this theory and began to believe that in the new world there's a good possibility we may see more frequent power ups occuring for different people depending on the island they come across. As opposed to pre time skip where there weren't very many power ups on an island other than just assuming that with each fight they grow stronger. Besides like enies lobby where he figured out gear 2nd and 3rd.

Anyway what had me believe this was thinking about the natural progression of the story from where we are i concluded there are 2 most likely islands they end up on after dressrossa. Being the Wado Country and Zou the place laws allies are at.

Since we know they have momo, kinnemon, & are even planning to rescue 1 more samurai and there has been much talk about wanted to go to the Wado Country it was easy to conclude that even if 1 or 2 of the three samurai people decide to stay on the boat they will still have to take the others back home.

Here i determined that zoro would have a decent chance to most likely learn some things but more than anything i feel like he will obtain a sword of grand master quality while there (quality like mihawks) which we know there are only 12 of in the world that have this rank, but it makes sense that atleast 1 or 2 would be on the samurai country.

I also determined a decent theory of how it comes to happen, even though some parts could go different ways here goes.

Since zoro has shuusui the sword of the legendary samurai which killed a dragon, and as soon as kinnemon saw it he knew what it was and was enraged and challenged zoro to a battle for it, i can assume that in the wado country almost everyone will notice the sword and want to battle for it so zoro could gain strength here by battling all the samurai who challenge for his shuusui..

But what i also predict is that a very strong swordsman probably the shogan or w/e they have there will challenge zoro to a duel for shuusui and put up his own sword in the exchange, if its the shogan i wouldn't be surprised if its a grand master quality sword. Even though his own would be higher quality or "rarer" than shuusui i would still see him challenging zoro because shuusui is such an important part of the samurais history.

Anyway if it comes to this there a few possible endings.

1. Zoro wins Takes the guys sword and uses it to replace one of his others.
    2. Zoro wins takes the guys sword and gives him shuusui anyway because he got a better sword out of it and knows how important shuusui is to them and he doesn't need 4 swords anyway.
    3. Zoro wins but one of his swords were broken in the process (not shuusui) he uses the challengers sword to replace his broken one (most likely kitetsu).

not gonna act like zoro would lose, thatd be uninteresting.

Anyway wanted to know if you guys agree something big is coming to zoro and maybe also agree that they will get stronger faster in the new world than they did pre time skip.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New World Strawhat power ups on each island.

Nah I don't think zoro is gonna get a new sword.( Idk the names of the swords but let me describe them instead.)
    1The white sword(sword he keeps in his mouth) belOngs to his childhood freind and he promised her that he will become the best swordsman. So no way he is gonna lose that or replace it.
    2 the cursed sword chose zoro. It cut every other master it ever had. Zoro had to risk losing his arm while trying to get it. Don't think he will let go of this sword either.
    3 the black bladed sword. Idk what's special about it but it is special. You said it was grand master blade right? Frankly zoro has the highest chance of losing this sword but it ain't gonna happen. I don't think he is the type to trade his sword for another. He is a respectful swordsman (respects swords).

But zoro was interested in kinemons ability to manipulate (or was it control) fire. I think he might learn a thing or two about it. Maybe while he and kinemon duel.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

^ The cursed sword (Kitetsu) has stronger variations (also Kitetsus, try wiki for more info), so it can be replaced for a sword that's pretty much the same but stronger. He would also change a sword when one gets broken. The only one he's extremely unlikely to lose is Kuina's sword.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    ^ The cursed sword (Kitetsu) has stronger variations (also Kitetsus, try wiki for more info), so it can be replaced for a sword that's pretty much the same but stronger. He would also change a sword when one gets broken. The only one he's extremely unlikely to lose is Kuina's sword.
    Yeah, if Zoro loses another sword (which I personally think he will), it's going to be Sandai Kitsetsu. Kuina's sword is much too important and Shusui is his go to sword after the timeskip. Plus Kitsetsu is his weakest sword (according to it's grade).

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ace4's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds plausible for me. Someone wrote in the chapter discussion that Luffy could have gotten stronger with the Fishman blood (as if that was necessary) because Koala can use Fishman Karate as a human (so his theory was that she has gotten Fishman blood in her veins).
    I was wondering why Kuma didn't send Usopp to Dressrosa then but he send everybody on a Island in the paradise. Each had a island fitting to their abilities and goals. Could very well be that for each of them there is an Island that will give them another boost in the new World. But how could these islands be?

Luffy - When he meets Shanks or something. Imo he shouldn't get another boost anymore but rather grow slowly with his opponents.
    Zoro - Wano sound good
    Sanji - He perfected his cooking, maybe an Island where he can improve his kicking?
    Robin - Revolutionary base or something
    Nami - Navigation she can handle but maybe someplace to improve her stealing?
    Usopp - Green bit and maybe on Elbaf
    Franky - Meets vegapunk
    Chopper - Difficult since he's already from the island famous for doctors. Maybe he can learn some stuff from Vegapunk as well
    Brook - He has music and the yomi yomi no mi figured out. Maybe improve his fencing on Wano as well?

What do you guys think? Should they all have a boost or grow slowly with each island?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as zoro's swords go I was always under the impression that he was going to replace his sandai kitetsu at some point. Unlike the other 2 it is of a lower grade, I believe oda aims for zoro to eventually have 3 swords of the same grade as shishui and that other one. At least to me that would make sense.

As far as actual powerups I don't think oda intents on being so quick about them. Realistically speaking not a single strawhat has yet gone all out in a fight, this would actually be the first time there would be a need for such a thing. Ussop has had a single fight in the new world and it was a relatively easy one... Its to early for a powerup for any strawhat.

More importantly, as far as powerups go I would argue each strawhats needs to get the hang of at least one type of haki before they even consider upgrading their actual techniques. They all would benefit greatly from it and perhaps the case can be made that they won't be a a proper NW crew until at least the relevant crewmembers have some notion of it. Perhaps the exceptions would be brook, who thanks to his fruit has some energy like power, and franky, who relies on being a cyborg. Still, ussop would benefit greatly from observation haki and learning armor haki would allow him to fight at a higher level without necessarily relying on plants. I think him eventually using more standard ammunition charged with haki should be a given. Ussop's strength right now is limited by his plants, eventually he will meet people who simply exceed the plants in which case he wil need to rely on his own strength. Nami would perhaps not benefit much from armor haki but observation haki enhanced perception would perhaps be perfect for her clima tact. Robin has a cool fruit but her ability is inconvenient in that damage gets transferred to her main body. She needs armor haki to defend herself better. Chopper is a pure martial artist as far as fighting goes, he necessarily needs both types of haki to remain relevant. Even if the case can be made that others don't need haki, the same can't be said for him. Without haki he is a martial artist that lacks the single most generic but important skill people in the new world have.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MrCristian's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, sorry. I did not read the text because Robin #boobs.

Just kidding.
    2. Zoro wins takes the guys sword and gives him shuusui anyway because he got a better sword out of it and knows how important shuusui is to them and he doesn't need 4 swords anyway.

This is more likely to happen than one of his swords breaking.
    Wado Ichimonji won't break for sure (at least not yet), it has way too much sentimental value.
    Sandai Kitetsu this one is supposed to be stuck with him until Zoro dies, since it's supposed to be cursed. Remember that awesome moment when he bought it? DAAAAAAAMN~~~~~~~~
    Shusui won't break either if he fights with someone from Wano, it would be stupid.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The curse was that the owner of the sandai kitetsu would invariably meet an untimely end if I recall. I would argue that zoro beating the curse would be more along the lines of him outliving the sword itself.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ace4 View Post
    Sounds plausible for me. Someone wrote in the chapter discussion that Luffy could have gotten stronger with the Fishman blood (as if that was necessary) because Koala can use Fishman Karate as a human (so his theory was that she has gotten Fishman blood in her veins).
    I was wondering why Kuma didn't send Usopp to Dressrosa then but he send everybody on a Island in the paradise. Each had a island fitting to their abilities and goals. Could very well be that for each of them there is an Island that will give them another boost in the new World. But how could these islands be?

Luffy - When he meets Shanks or something. Imo he shouldn't get another boost anymore but rather grow slowly with his opponents.
    Zoro - Wano sound good
    Sanji - He perfected his cooking, maybe an Island where he can improve his kicking?
    Robin - Revolutionary base or something
    Nami - Navigation she can handle but maybe someplace to improve her stealing?
    Usopp - Green bit and maybe on Elbaf
    Franky - Meets vegapunk
    Chopper - Difficult since he's already from the island famous for doctors. Maybe he can learn some stuff from Vegapunk as well
    Brook - He has music and the yomi yomi no mi figured out. Maybe improve his fencing on Wano as well?

What do you guys think? Should they all have a boost or grow slowly with each island?
    Well Chopper can improve being a doctor with Law, I mean they already have a close connection and I do think Law might be skilled due to his DF, but his ability can both harm and heal to great extent, but he surely has some other medical tricks ... basically he is the captain/Doctor of his crew, no no doubt him and Chopper will share some experiences.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone should be kept on the same island zoro was in. They should keep fighting those monkeys for at least one day. Though i doubt nami would last that long.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ace4's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sameel View Post
    Everyone should be kept on the same island zoro was in. They should keep fighting those monkeys for at least one day. Though i doubt nami would last that long.
    What is the point of Nami being able to beat some Monkeys? Her job is to navigate and she's the only one on the ship able to do that (Robin and some others might be able to navigate a ship to but not with the Skill that Nami has)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I thnk they will get stronger with people that they meet not in every designated island.. That's too linear and oda is not someone who can be predicted that easily.. They might meet someone so old and knowledgeable that can teach them a lot of things.. Eventually they would grow stronger with more fights but having and island for each is just funny idea to begin with, especially for Oda's caliber he's done it already why do it again?hahaha

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ace4 View Post
    What is the point of Nami being able to beat some Monkeys? Her job is to navigate and she's the only one on the ship able to do that (Robin and some others might be able to navigate a ship to but not with the Skill that Nami has)
    Umm we are talking about shs getting stronger right? Yes, we are. So thats the point of nami being able to fight those monkeys. She will become stronger.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

why did SH need power-up by extra training ???

they can become more powerful by fighting others like they did before going to training after war .

before training SH were as powerful if not stronger then other supernovas . SH go for training and others enter new world without extra training other supernova make name in new world so why did now SH after doing their training need extra training ???

i dont think they need any more training

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Roarchu's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Franky gets some kairoseki for some parts (knuckles maybe?) of the general franky robot

Zoro learns to cut fire from wano

Sanji somehow gets a speed powerup (he might have to face kizaru one day, so it makes sense)

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast