Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Most moronic laws

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most moronic laws

I'd agree with it not being stupid. If prostitution is made into a legitimate business with regulations, controls and all that whatnot it usually involves then there is no reason for it to not be taxed. Making prostitution legal and being able to guarantee certain standards requires taxpayer money anyways so making it legal without making it pay taxes seems rather absurd. It wouldn't necessarily make prostitution an easy career path but it is just too convenient for them to have to have taxpayer money take care of them while at the same time not giving anything back. They wouldn't be carrying their own weight IMO.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Any legal, profitable business should be taxed imo... and probably a lot of illegal ones as well...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sakura Saluja's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

In my country prostitution is illegal. However, I think that if they made it legal, there would be less people working on that or, at least, their work conditions would be a bit better like in many other countries. Also, I agree with the taxes: if it becomes legal, it's logical we think of it as any other job isn't it??

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Legalizing prostitution is better. Dunno why it's been made illegal in most places.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sakura Saluja's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Legalizing prostitution is better. Dunno why it's been made illegal in most places.
    Ikr! I like how u think :33 ^^

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re - The Smoking car ban

There seems to be a mistaken assumption here that it is banning anyone smoking in cars. It is not. It's intention is to ban people smoking in cars while children are present. And only then. So a normal adult would be fully able to smoke in their own car for as long as they want but they won't be allowed to smoke while a child is in the car with them.

Naturally this wont stop children being exposed to secondhand smoke but it will help in curbing the amount of exposure there is. Especially because studies have shown the amount of secondhand smoke in enclosed spaces like cars is extraordinarily high.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura Saluja View Post
    Ikr! I like how u think :33 ^^
    It's not for dirty reasons though. Legalizing prostitution is much safer because the prostitutes will get protection, whether health-wise or from bad people.

Take cigarettes for example. It's legal, yes, but also expensive, so there are some people who are making counterfeit cigarettes. While it's cheaper, it's also unhealthier because they will put whatever they want in it without caring about whether it's safe or legal, whiel the tobacco companies are required to make it not that poisonous. So, the bad guys make money, while the consumers save money at a sketchy expense while getting their tobacco fix.

Legalizing prostitution not only takes away money from bad people, it also can put more money in government's greedy, grubby hands and contribute to the safety of the prostitutes, customers, and health overall.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3