Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: tips?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    American Samoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Blush tips?

um, I am still not sure how to go about panels, should I make it right to left or left to right? thanks

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: tips?

I'm no pro but personally I'd say draw it the way whatever you're used to/ feel more comfortable. You may have some sort of 'handiness' when it comes to portraying characters, actions, in which case the panels going from either direction may also enhance certain effects (although I do think this applies more to hard manga copies.)

It could also depend on your target audience (what they're used to reading, which means the genre should be considered too.)

Just some amateur opinions, hope they help a bit ^^;

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    American Samoa
    Post Thanks / Like

ok, thanks yes that is very helpful ^_^

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member nanaDmari's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, draw the way you feel better... If you don't have any restrictions to your work (like japanese manga is commonly read from right to left), you can go either way, so it would depend on who you would be targeting, like Utsune said...

The way characters appear in the panels you might need to be more careful, like, two characters that are in a conversation, it's better to have them "facing" each other even on separate panels... The first one looks to the right, the other to the left, for example... it helps with continuity

good luck with your work

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner YuiChikako's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want to be traditional, I would recommend Right-to-Left but if you want the American style, it's the opposite. Still, I also agree that no one is pushing you to do what. Drawing what makes you feel comfortable with is a good way to enhance on your skills but going a completely different route can also allow you to see and develop new skills.

New Reply