Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: The Sealed King of the Quincy Folklore isn't Yhwach, but the Soul King!!!

  1. #1
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    551
    Post Thanks / Like

    The Sealed King of the Quincy Folklore isn't Yhwach, but the Soul King!!!

    Okay, I thought I must share this theory, because it makes a LOT of sense when you think about it! I think Kubo's been deliberately throwing us off the scent with Yhwach; it could very well be that the "Sealed King" we've been hearing about is, in fact, the Soul King rather than Yhwach!

    So what's my basis for this theory; well, it's already been hinted by Aizen that the Soul King isn't a Shinigami, and he refers to the Soul King as "that THING!!!". This suggests to me that not only is the Soul King not a Shinigami, but the Soul King is also a being that the Shinigami are supposed to be opposing! A Quincy would tick that box! Let's move on...

    So, another thing that fits into the whole "Sealed King" folklore is that the Soul King has recently been seen awakening from some kind of prism that looks kinda like...some sort of barrier...aka a seal. It looked as though he'd been in a long, deep sleep too...999 years perhaps? Another box ticked! Let's move on...

    So it's been implied that the Soul King is a "lynchpin" that holds Soul Society together, and some have theorised that the Soul King may be responsible for recycling souls; well, we know Quincies are capable of manipulating spirit particles, so what if the Soul King is actually holding the Soul Society together through this ability? Makes sense! Let's move on...

    One thing that's undeniable is the Soul King's immense amount of power; he's a god of gods in Bleach! Well, we've already seen Yhwach had the ability to steal the power from the others; if the Soul King, by extension, has an even stronger ability to do this, he could have easily ripped all of the power out of the countless Quincies who have died throughout the timeline (and I'm not just talking about 200 years ago; it's been implied that there was another attempt to exterminate the Quincies before Yhwach escaped to Wandenreich, so it's highly possible there have been several exterminations in the past, which would have increased the Soul King's power to it's current level)! Another ticked box! Let's look at one final point...

    So, let's go back to the Royal Dimension; imagine you're a bird, fly high in the air, and look down. You would see the Soul King's tower in the middle, and 5 islands surrounding the tower...hmmm, kinda resembles the Quincy emblem!!!

    What do you guys think of this theory???
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #2
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,800
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Sealed King of the Quincy Folklore isn't Yhwach, but the Soul King!!!

    Whatever may happen, there's clearly a deeper connection between the Quincy and the Shinigami that we don't know yet.
    I like this theory.

  4. #3
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Sealed King of the Quincy Folklore isn't Yhwach, but the Soul King!!!

    Aizen's transformation could be explained by this too; the Hougyoko forced transformations upon him that turned him into something resembling the Soul King because he wished to overthrow him. This transformation would have made him something similar to a Quincy, a being that's neither a Hollow nor a Shinigami. This may also explain why his Zanpakutou crumbled away; Quincies don't carry Zanpakutou. Another factor that fits this theory is that a cross shape formed in Aizens chest during his transformations; although it wasn't the Quincy cross, we've seen Uryuu donning 4-pointed cross too!

    ---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

    As for the Shinigami, it could well be that the Soul King created them to be the exact opposite of Quincies so that there's no way his army could have their powers stolen by another Quincy, such as Yhwach. The Shinigami also contain antibodies to Hollows, which means they wouldn't be killed so easily by them. The Shinigami's existence may also be tied to the preservation of the Soul King's domain, the Soul Society, as the elimination of Hollows could rip his kingdom to pieces through the instability it causes.
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

  5. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Posts
    918
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Sealed King of the Quincy Folklore isn't Yhwach, but the Soul King!!!

    I like the idea that the Quincy are more than just some humans with special abilities that rebelled against spiritual beings

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #5
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    190
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Sealed King of the Quincy Folklore isn't Yhwach, but the Soul King!!!

    There is one major flaw in your theory. If the sealed King is the Soul King, then who is Ywhach?


    Aside from that I do like your theory. Something is fishy with the Soul King.

  8. #6
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wonderland 8
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,503
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Sealed King of the Quincy Folklore isn't Yhwach, but the Soul King!!!

    Interesting, although I disagree pretty strongly with some of the claims. This theory elucidates on some of the mysteries of the Soul King, but the answers to the questions could easily be replaced by others, and some of your answers go against what's been provided.

    The Soul King is something other than Shinigami, but there are endless possibilities, and I find it hard to believe that Aizen's vendetta was somehow created out of some sense of duty or cause other than to serve himself. The prism might simply be a defensive barrier of some sort, or something else entirely, and we've been told of the King's importance and that he has duties, there isn't really anything to suggest he's been sleeping, or that he was sealed, in fact, the selection of Royal Guards over that time should make it clear that King was awake and functioning. Another difference can be seen when you reference the role in the 'recycling of souls', Quincy have been stated numerous times to extinguish souls, eliminating them entirely from the cycle; a polar opposite, the primary threat to the balance and the contrast between Shinigami and Quincy in general. You also point to his immense power, and a factor for that as theft of Quincy power, yet the Soul King was seen as powerful long before the early rise of the Quincies, and there's also the fact that we've seen individuals reach the greatest levels of power shown so far, 'transcendental beings', without such means. The resemblance to the emblem seems superficial; there are five islands of the royal guards around the palace and the quincy emblem has five points, that isn't much. It would seem to take on less meaning when one considers that just over a century ago there were less than five royal guards, and so probably less than five islands, eliminating any historical significance. And of course, the most obvious flaw has already been mentioned, Yhwach; he's already been credited as the Sealed King and the progenitor of the Quincies.
    Last edited by Impossibility; January 14, 2014 at 12:55 PM.

  9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #7
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,427
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Sealed King of the Quincy Folklore isn't Yhwach, but the Soul King!!!

    Wait, if SK was seen awakening, then we need to wait 9 more something for him to do anything...

    Besides, Bach (why the fuck is anyone still using Yhwach: the translation gone seriously wrong? it sounds so horrible... well, if you actually can pronounce it) gives off the king vibe, and acts as an absolute king of Quincies.

    Yes, SK is most likely not a shinigami. What Aizen said and his bizzare appearance suggests that; however, it does not suggest that he's not a being above all souls, including those of Quincies: the Soul King. It's just Aizen who opposes him, whatever the reason.

    Quincies are destroyers. Unlike Shinigami, they can completely annihilate souls. I wouldn't leave recycling souls in their hands

    Your knowledge of SK's never displayed power is indeed impressive

    There is indeed a similarity between Quincy cross and RD, and probably not an accidental one - there's a deep connection between Quincies and SS. Still, this point does not support your theory any more than any other that claims a deep connection between Quincies and SS

    Overall, all your points (except the one concerning SK's power, which borders fanfic, because the canon has never touched that) are valid, but depend on a lot of ifs, and the story would be perfectly valid even if none of them were true. So it's really just a theory, not strongly supported by any facts.
    Erfworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

  11. #8
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Sealed King of the Quincy Folklore isn't Yhwach, but the Soul King!!!

    Well, the main issue with the theory is that the kaiser gesang and whatnot does not particularly seem to apply to the current soul king.

    "The sealed king of the quincy regained his heartbeat after 900 years, regained his intellect after 90 years..."
    As of now there seems to be little reason for this to apply to the soul king. Has there ever been any indication that something happened to his heart or intellect? If anything he would appear to have been a part of kirio being chosen a royal as he does appear to regularly influence the royal guard (kirinji even mentioned the king taking a liking to ichigo).

    "... regained his power after 9 years...."
    Isn't this about the selection? As far as we know it was juhabach who carried this out.

    "and regained the world after 9 days"
    This is perhaps the part that least applies to the soul king. The soul king is as far as the manga has cared to point out the god of this world which is pretty consistent with him being something that keeps reality together and from crumbling and whatnot.


    Also, aizen did have a problem with the soul king however I don't see how it is that that implies that shinigami are actually "supposed" to oppose him. We have the royals, exceptional shinigami with close ties to him, and the gotei 13 protecting him and on top of that its not like the king is a secret from anyone... We actually saw him with attendants and whatnot.

    The soul king being the lynchpin and the quincy being able to create space perhaps do have some similarities however taking it as far as saying that the king has to be a quincy because of that seems extreme. We have seen the soul king, he clearly has way more than shinigami or quincy going on. Even then, it is not necessarily the case that only quincy powers could create a dimension and whatnot. Quincy did it by manipulating reishi, shinigami could potentially do that if they take a different approach which suits their abilities for all we know.

    I did notice (and I think it was discussed elsewhere too) that the royal cities would resemble the quincy cross although I kinda doubt it necessarily points to all that. It could point towards a common origin or perhaps a time when shinigami and quincy worked together or perhaps something even before that however the idea that the sealed king of the quincy could be the soul king makes no sense. So far we have no reason to believe the soul king is actually in any form or context sealed. More so, if he was it would imply the shinigami are the ones sealing him as there would be no one else to do it. If he was being sealed by the shinigami he would not endorse ichigo or the rest of the gang either as far as we know. And he probably would not be recieved like this when he wakes up. I mean, if the soul king was this guy who keeps reality together and it all depended on him being sealed and whatnot I would argue that his receiving party when he awakes would be more along the lines of an army being ready to kick his ass into slumber in a level worthy of the king of souls rather than being a lonely guy saying "soul king sama".

    A lot could change once more information is given however what we have right now does suggest the juhabach is the sealed king and the soul king is not. Although to be fair the kaiser gesang does not seem to apply to juhabach fully as he does not appear to have been sealed recently. He is a godly existence for the quincy, I have my doubts about him being new to wandenreich. On the other hand when ishin spoke of the selection it did show jugabach in a rather unusual way... I mean, the war happened 1000 years ago or so. The implication here is that he got his intelligence back 10 years ago or so. But then again that would not fit as the selection would have been carried a while back and not when ichigo was a child. Now, it probably wasn't exactly 1000 years back so if we assume the selection happened at the 9th year then the prophecy still does not quite fit. Which would leave us with perhaps the prophecy not being so exact at all to begin with....

  12. #9
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Sealed King of the Quincy Folklore isn't Yhwach, but the Soul King!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, the main issue with the theory is that the kaiser gesang and whatnot does not particularly seem to apply to the current soul king.

    "The sealed king of the quincy regained his heartbeat after 900 years, regained his intellect after 90 years..."
    As of now there seems to be little reason for this to apply to the soul king. Has there ever been any indication that something happened to his heart or intellect? If anything he would appear to have been a part of kirio being chosen a royal as he does appear to regularly influence the royal guard (kirinji even mentioned the king taking a liking to ichigo).

    "... regained his power after 9 years...."
    Isn't this about the selection? As far as we know it was juhabach who carried this out.

    "and regained the world after 9 days"
    This is perhaps the part that least applies to the soul king. The soul king is as far as the manga has cared to point out the god of this world which is pretty consistent with him being something that keeps reality together and from crumbling and whatnot.


    Also, aizen did have a problem with the soul king however I don't see how it is that that implies that shinigami are actually "supposed" to oppose him. We have the royals, exceptional shinigami with close ties to him, and the gotei 13 protecting him and on top of that its not like the king is a secret from anyone... We actually saw him with attendants and whatnot.

    The soul king being the lynchpin and the quincy being able to create space perhaps do have some similarities however taking it as far as saying that the king has to be a quincy because of that seems extreme. We have seen the soul king, he clearly has way more than shinigami or quincy going on. Even then, it is not necessarily the case that only quincy powers could create a dimension and whatnot. Quincy did it by manipulating reishi, shinigami could potentially do that if they take a different approach which suits their abilities for all we know.

    I did notice (and I think it was discussed elsewhere too) that the royal cities would resemble the quincy cross although I kinda doubt it necessarily points to all that. It could point towards a common origin or perhaps a time when shinigami and quincy worked together or perhaps something even before that however the idea that the sealed king of the quincy could be the soul king makes no sense. So far we have no reason to believe the soul king is actually in any form or context sealed. More so, if he was it would imply the shinigami are the ones sealing him as there would be no one else to do it. If he was being sealed by the shinigami he would not endorse ichigo or the rest of the gang either as far as we know. And he probably would not be recieved like this when he wakes up. I mean, if the soul king was this guy who keeps reality together and it all depended on him being sealed and whatnot I would argue that his receiving party when he awakes would be more along the lines of an army being ready to kick his ass into slumber in a level worthy of the king of souls rather than being a lonely guy saying "soul king sama".

    A lot could change once more information is given however what we have right now does suggest the juhabach is the sealed king and the soul king is not. Although to be fair the kaiser gesang does not seem to apply to juhabach fully as he does not appear to have been sealed recently. He is a godly existence for the quincy, I have my doubts about him being new to wandenreich. On the other hand when ishin spoke of the selection it did show jugabach in a rather unusual way... I mean, the war happened 1000 years ago or so. The implication here is that he got his intelligence back 10 years ago or so. But then again that would not fit as the selection would have been carried a while back and not when ichigo was a child. Now, it probably wasn't exactly 1000 years back so if we assume the selection happened at the 9th year then the prophecy still does not quite fit. Which would leave us with perhaps the prophecy not being so exact at all to begin with....
    My theory is that Kubo has been deliberately throwing us off; who knows, maybe Yhwach is claiming to be the sealed king so that the other Quincy follow him, whilst the Soul King isn't because he knows the Shinigami would oppose him knowing what he is. I'm not saying my theory must be true, but that it's a possibility...

    By the way, the page you linked to...look at the guy who's talking to the Soul King; if you ask me, it's not clear that he's a Shinigami (in fact, if you look closely enough at the bottom of the panel with him in, it looks like there's a belt with a buckle to the right)...
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

  13. #10
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,427
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Sealed King of the Quincy Folklore isn't Yhwach, but the Soul King!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee.J.Baxter View Post
    By the way, the page you linked to...look at the guy who's talking to the Soul King; if you ask me, it's not clear that he's a Shinigami (in fact, if you look closely enough at the bottom of the panel with him in, it looks like there's a belt with a buckle to the right)...
    Random servant dude. There's no known rule that SK's servants must be shinigami, nor about the clothes they should wear.
    Erfworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

  14. #11
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Sealed King of the Quincy Folklore isn't Yhwach, but the Soul King!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee.J.Baxter View Post
    My theory is that Kubo has been deliberately throwing us off; who knows, maybe Yhwach is claiming to be the sealed king so that the other Quincy follow him, whilst the Soul King isn't because he knows the Shinigami would oppose him knowing what he is. I'm not saying my theory must be true, but that it's a possibility...

    By the way, the page you linked to...look at the guy who's talking to the Soul King; if you ask me, it's not clear that he's a Shinigami (in fact, if you look closely enough at the bottom of the panel with him in, it looks like there's a belt with a buckle to the right)...
    I get your point however what I am saying is that there are key points which don't really add up even if kubo has been throwing us off. I mean, why would the quincy and shinigami be enemies in this scenario? The king is already the god of this world as far as the manga has told us and so far it appears he has no issues with shinigami. If the quincy were aiming to serve the soul king then there would be nothing to stop them. If the soul king was a prisoner of some sort that needed freeing then things would have played out different. The royal guard seems to be actively following his orders and has even ordered the royals to help the gotei 13 against the quincy. Now, it all could be a lie however there are still a few issues here. Remember when kirinji said the king had fallen for ichigo? Now, the case could be that someone is impersonating the king and the royals are oblivious to everything however so far the manga has not hinted at such a person yet. We would be talking about the actual big bad of the manga here, someone that has been playing SS for as long as the current SK has been there.
    http://online.mangaraw.net/Bleach-Ch...9-15-7806.html
    I don't think that guys clothes were really meant to tell much. Even in the raw you can't really make them out. Even then, his clothes don't have to fit those of shinigami because the guy would not be an actual member of the gotei 13 or any military organization we know.

  15. #12
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Sealed King of the Quincy Folklore isn't Yhwach, but the Soul King!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I get your point however what I am saying is that there are key points which don't really add up even if kubo has been throwing us off. I mean, why would the quincy and shinigami be enemies in this scenario? The king is already the god of this world as far as the manga has told us and so far it appears he has no issues with shinigami. If the quincy were aiming to serve the soul king then there would be nothing to stop them. If the soul king was a prisoner of some sort that needed freeing then things would have played out different. The royal guard seems to be actively following his orders and has even ordered the royals to help the gotei 13 against the quincy. Now, it all could be a lie however there are still a few issues here. Remember when kirinji said the king had fallen for ichigo? Now, the case could be that someone is impersonating the king and the royals are oblivious to everything however so far the manga has not hinted at such a person yet. We would be talking about the actual big bad of the manga here, someone that has been playing SS for as long as the current SK has been there.
    http://online.mangaraw.net/Bleach-Ch...9-15-7806.html
    I don't think that guys clothes were really meant to tell much. Even in the raw you can't really make them out. Even then, his clothes don't have to fit those of shinigami because the guy would not be an actual member of the gotei 13 or any military organization we know.
    My best guess (providing my theory plays out) is that the Soul King was originally the Quincy progenitor and for some unknown reason he abandoned his race, created a new dimension (known as the Soul Society) using his powers, and created a race of beings (the Shinigami) that couldn't have their power stolen by other Quincies (as they're exact opposites) to rule over.

    Motives? Well, he could well have turned away from the Quincies when Bach appeared, as Bach threatened his influence and status as the Quincy king with his uncontrollable power; he basically threw in the towel against Bach and cut himself off from them. However, once the Soul King established his Shinigami army, he sent them en-mass to eliminate the Quincies; the result was an insane boost to the Soul King's powers (taken from the fallen Quincies), giving him his current power level. Of course, this mass slaughtering of the Quincies would have surely pissed off Bach and the other Quincies bigtime, which started the blood war! Interestingly, if this is the case, history may be repeating itself with the appearance of Uryuu (as his power can't be controlled by Bach)...

    We assume that Bach was heavily injured 999 years ago after a fight with Yama-Jii, causing Bach to lose his power. However, if the above theory does turn out to be true, it could be that Bach managed to get past Yama-Jii, and successfully entered the Royal Dimension, delivering a massively-damaging blow to the Soul King before he (or his Shinigami army) could retaliate; this means the Soul King could be the one recouperating and regaining his power, and not Bach...
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

  16. #13
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wonderland 8
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,503
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Sealed King of the Quincy Folklore isn't Yhwach, but the Soul King!!!

    You're still continuing with this, despite the fact that your bases for this theory are counter to what the manga has laid out. A theory has to have some sound basis or support. So far, your theory has to contradict multiple facts that the manga has presented. There isn't really anything linking the Soul King to the Quincy.

  17. #14
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Sealed King of the Quincy Folklore isn't Yhwach, but the Soul King!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    You're still continuing with this, despite the fact that your bases for this theory are counter to what the manga has laid out. A theory has to have some sound basis or support. So far, your theory has to contradict multiple facts that the manga has presented. There isn't really anything linking the Soul King to the Quincy.
    I'm continuing with this because the bases for the theory don't completely counter what the manga has laid out, but still provide the sort of plot twist that Kubo's famous for! Note that all that's being countered here is who the Sealed King really is; I'm not countering any 100% proven facts in Bleach whatsoever. It wouldn't be difficult for Bach to be a pretender to the Quincy throne if the Soul King left it empty for him, and it wouldn't be unreasonable for the Soul King to be hiding who he really is if his real reasons for the mass-Quincy-killing were to give him unimaginable power. I've provided several pieces of evidence that suggest the theory's possible, and I've given reasons as to why the Soul King could be on the Shinigami's side and not on that of the remaining Quincies.

    Bach's a dictator, and dictators usually lead their followers with lies and deception; it therefore seems unfitting for Bach to have told his followers the truth about everything! Why would a true king be so ruthless to his subjects unless he was trying to assert his position! And don't get me wrong, Aizen was batshit hellbent on taking the Soul King down, but he had very strong reasons to do it; by the way he spoke it related to WHAT the Soul King is rather than WHO the Soul King is! Don't forget that Bach also told Ichigo that he was, yet wasn't, the enemy...this could easily be translated as "yes, I'm crapping all over you guys, but your head-honcho's even worse!"...

    The fact of the matter is, the true antagonists in Bleach always tend to be the ones who we'd never suspect to be; in fact, they're often the ones who are often overly protagonist in nature (e.g. Aizen, Kugo). Well, going off that unwritten rule, I see a big-ass arrow pointing towards the Soul King!
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

  18. #15
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wonderland 8
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,503
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Sealed King of the Quincy Folklore isn't Yhwach, but the Soul King!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee.J.Baxter View Post
    I'm continuing with this because the bases for the theory don't completely counter what the manga has laid out, but still provide the sort of plot twist that Kubo's famous for! Note that all that's being countered here is who the Sealed King really is; I'm not countering any 100% proven facts in Bleach whatsoever. It wouldn't be difficult for Bach to be a pretender to the Quincy throne if the Soul King left it empty for him, and it wouldn't be unreasonable for the Soul King to be hiding who he really is if his real reasons for the mass-Quincy-killing were to give him unimaginable power. I've provided several pieces of evidence that suggest the theory's possible, and I've given reasons as to why the Soul King could be on the Shinigami's side and not on that of the remaining Quincies.

    Bach's a dictator, and dictators usually lead their followers with lies and deception; it therefore seems unfitting for Bach to have told his followers the truth about everything! Why would a true king be so ruthless to his subjects unless he was trying to assert his position! And don't get me wrong, Aizen was batshit hellbent on taking the Soul King down, but he had very strong reasons to do it; by the way he spoke it related to WHAT the Soul King is rather than WHO the Soul King is! Don't forget that Bach also told Ichigo that he was, yet wasn't, the enemy...this could easily be translated as "yes, I'm crapping all over you guys, but your head-honcho's even worse!"...

    The fact of the matter is, the true antagonists in Bleach always tend to be the ones who we'd never suspect to be; in fact, they're often the ones who are often overly protagonist in nature (e.g. Aizen, Kugo). Well, going off that unwritten rule, I see a big-ass arrow pointing towards the Soul King!
    I've already outlined the serious flaws in your original support for the theory. Mainly, the Soul King hasn't been sealed or sleeping because he's been said to have responsibilities and we know that over the past 1000 years he's personally chosen Royal Guards. The comparison to the Quincy powers is flawed when it's been made clear that the Quincy do the exact opposite of recycling souls, they completely remove them from the cycle when they slay Hollows, the main reason for the conflict between Shinigami and Quincy; their threat to the balance. The Soul King's power existed prior to the rise of the Quincy, so the argument that he drew his power from the defeated Quincy doesn't fit whatsoever. The similarity between the Royal Realm and the Royal Guard and the Quincy symbol is superficial; their are five islands for five guards, and five points; just over a century ago there were only four guards and likely four islands making the historical connection non-existent. And lastly, we've already been told that Yhwach is the progenitor of the Quincy and the signs point to him being the Sealed King. Even if Yhwach isn't the Sealed King, to put forward a reasonable theory that the Soul King is in fact the Sealed King, one has to provide some sound support, but there isn't any for this theory because the primary bases for it fail to consider a multitude of facts that have already been outlined. The mere fact that the Soul King has, in fact, been active during the last 1000 years should be more than enough to exclude him entirely as a possible candidate, that and the fact that none of your support fits when one considers it further should be more than enough for this theory to fall apart completely.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts