Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Sealed King of the Quincy Folklore isn't Yhwach, but the Soul King!!!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Sealed King of the Quincy Folklore isn't Yhwach, but the Soul King!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee.J.Baxter View Post
    My best guess (providing my theory plays out) is that the Soul King was originally the Quincy progenitor and for some unknown reason he abandoned his race, created a new dimension (known as the Soul Society) using his powers, and created a race of beings (the Shinigami) that couldn't have their power stolen by other Quincies (as they're exact opposites) to rule over.

Motives? Well, he could well have turned away from the Quincies when Bach appeared, as Bach threatened his influence and status as the Quincy king with his uncontrollable power; he basically threw in the towel against Bach and cut himself off from them. However, once the Soul King established his Shinigami army, he sent them en-mass to eliminate the Quincies; the result was an insane boost to the Soul King's powers (taken from the fallen Quincies), giving him his current power level. Of course, this mass slaughtering of the Quincies would have surely pissed off Bach and the other Quincies bigtime, which started the blood war! Interestingly, if this is the case, history may be repeating itself with the appearance of Uryuu (as his power can't be controlled by Bach)...

We assume that Bach was heavily injured 999 years ago after a fight with Yama-Jii, causing Bach to lose his power. However, if the above theory does turn out to be true, it could be that Bach managed to get past Yama-Jii, and successfully entered the Royal Dimension, delivering a massively-damaging blow to the Soul King before he (or his Shinigami army) could retaliate; this means the Soul King could be the one recouperating and regaining his power, and not Bach...
    The whole things seems incredibly convoluted though. I mean, the prophecy about the sealed king was that the sealed king would regain the world after some time. However in the scenario you describe the king not only already rules the world but is fighting the quincy, who merely would want to worship the ground he walks on, for no reason (other than hating their guts). I mean, with what we know the quincy are aiming to give back the world to the sealed king so why would the soul king bother battling the quincy? Hence why I mentioned that in any scenario where your theory holds the king has to be in a position where he needs to regain the world.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's quite an interesting theory. But I don't think Aizen would refer to it as a "thing" if the secret behind the Soul King's existence is that he is simply a Quincy. I think it's going to be a much bigger mindfuck than that.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of this theory

i for one,will not be satisfied unless ichigo is the strongest being alive at the end of this manga

so the idea of ichigo defeating the soul king or juha after he defeats the soul king sounds great to me

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    It's quite an interesting theory. But I don't think Aizen would refer to it as a "thing" if the secret behind the Soul King's existence is that he is simply a Quincy. I think it's going to be a much bigger mindfuck than that.
    Yeah, also I don't see why Aizen would have that kind of animosity towards the King just because he's a Quincy. As a Shinigami, Hollows are as much a natural enemy, yet Aizen involved himself heavily with them and never seemed to hold any sort of contempt for them.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the theory, but it still has problems, so I won't accept it as anything else but a plausible scenario. But it's definitely an interesting idea.

On the matter of how many Quincy exterminations there has been, I also agree, that there probably has been many more in the past, somehow it does not feel as if Quincies did start out around 1000 years ago, but much further back, perhaps same time as Shinigami?

Either way, Kubo probably has a bomb to drop on us, there's pretty likely a bigger connection between the Quincy and the Shinigami than that we know as fact so far.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

If we remove the "Asauchi/Zanpaktou" from a Shinigami, and the Quincy "Glove/Quincy Cross" that allows for Vollstanding/Letzt Stil, then Quincy and Shinigami also seem much more "opposite" than they do in current days.
    Their tools is making them look more specialized in different ways, but their core, if only focussing at the Shinigami core and Quincy core, actually seem quite opposite.

Shinigami
    • Shinigami gathers powers from within.
    • Their Shinigami avatar comes from within.
    • Power based on Reishi.
    • Has protection against hollow infections and long lifespan <---- The joker.

Quincy:
    • Quincy gathers from the surroundings.
    • Their avatar comes from their ancestors/surrounding.
    • Power based on Reatsu.
    • No protection against hollow infections and short lifespan <---- The joker.

Maybe this is why Ywach can take away a Quincies powers.

Also both Shinigami and Quincy seem to inherit similar powers from parents? Either way, it's likely not an opposite factor.

and Finally, if Quincy and Shinigami really are opposite to each others, then how do we explain The Joker opposites? As pointed out above.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darth Executor's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    I've been suspecting the Soul King is actually a hollow, or somehow related to them myself from the moment Aizen mentioned him.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure the manga gives us any context under which the soul king would be a hollow. I mean, why? The first databook even makes the point there is a royal family around which would have the implication that he has actual relatives and stuff. We have seen the royal guard and residents of the royal palace, so far they all appear to be shinigami. If we consider the royals and the 3 royal palace non zampakuto residents we have seen it actually seems quite weird that the god of the world would be a hollow. In terms of physical appearance the king appears to be rather unique however I don't think that is because he isn't a shinigami in itself. The seat of the king can be taken which means his attributes which make him god or something can be transferred to others. Otherwise aizen killing him makes no sense at least. So I would argue the simpler explanation considering what little we know and how little context we have around it is that the king looks like he does because of whatever makes him king (which is perhaps what aizen referred to as thing).

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys did u ever realized that Ywach is the ancient name of God in hebrew???!Juva//Geova...it seems like no one ever talk about it XD
    Last edited by Yans86; January 22, 2014 at 05:22 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darth Executor's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I am not sure the manga gives us any context under which the soul king would be a hollow. I mean, why?
    Aizen called him a thing. Both Shinigam and Quincy are human-like whereas hollows generally aren't and even upper level Arrancar distance themselves from their human/shinigami parts. Basically, hollows are the only "things" in Bleach with the potential to be a King.

Quote Quote:
    The first databook even makes the point there is a royal family around which would have the implication that he has actual relatives and stuff. We have seen the royal guard and residents of the royal palace, so far they all appear to be shinigami. If we consider the royals and the 3 royal palace non zampakuto residents we have seen it actually seems quite weird that the god of the world would be a hollow. In terms of physical appearance the king appears to be rather unique however I don't think that is because he isn't a shinigami in itself. The seat of the king can be taken which means his attributes which make him god or something can be transferred to others. Otherwise aizen killing him makes no sense at least. So I would argue the simpler explanation considering what little we know and how little context we have around it is that the king looks like he does because of whatever makes him king (which is perhaps what aizen referred to as thing).
    The part about the throne is not necessarily true. Aizen could simply mean to kill the King so that he'd be the most powerful being around with nobody to challenge him. It wouldn't be wise for him to keep people who could depose him around. As for the king's appearance, hollows change their appearance and become more humanoid as they grow in power. An ultra-powerful vasto lorde should look almost human. Kubo could even line up an asspull like having Ichigo ask him why he doesn't have a mask and the king can go like "I do, it only covers my eyes trololo".

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just remember something, didn't Kubo not plan to go beyond the Rukia Rescue Arc? I bring that up because wasn't the mention of Royal Family in the first arc. So it could be a retcon now that the king is called a thing by Aizen.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yans86 View Post
    Guys did u ever realized that Ywach is the ancient name of God in hebrew???!Juva//Geova...it seems like no one ever talk about it XD
    You mean "Yaweh" or "Yashua" or whatever. I get what your saying and Bleach's main theme is spirits, ghosts and what have you and Ywhach and the whole Quincy thing is reference to religion particularly "Jesus" and the Hebrews or 12 tribes of Israel. Aizen is Satan, the fallen devil and the hollows are your demons. Shinigami are the angels who fight with fiery swords or "Zanpakuto" that represent the strength of their spirits.

The Fullbringers or "Ginjou" for example, could be "Gabriel", another form of angel in connection to both humans and demons alike. But, most manga fans don't either believe in that stuff or don't read into it that deep, however, this is where Kubo gets a lot of his creativeness from to create interests on the basis of a shounen manga.

And, the Soul King is above the Quincy and everything else, based on Kubo's logic, the Soul King is the absolution of the spirit power in all forms. The real deal here is, Ywhach could possibly be connected to the Royal Family in some shape or form.

"I did battle with ignorance today and ignorance won".

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EclipseHunter View Post
    I just remember something, didn't Kubo not plan to go beyond the Rukia Rescue Arc? I bring that up because wasn't the mention of Royal Family in the first arc. So it could be a retcon now that the king is called a thing by Aizen.
    Yeah, with revenge on Ichigo's mother never taken, not all captains introduced, Quincy plot not ended, lots of mysteries, Hollows never really relevant, no Bankais except for 4-5 captains (Tousen, Komamura, Byakuya and Soifon). He may have thought to end it with SS arc when he just started, but to me it's pretty clear he changed his mind at the very beggining of SS arc or even sooner.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2