Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Raizel's dying for real this time.

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • True

5 29.41%
  • False

12 70.59%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 312 Review

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Chapter 312 Review

Last week's poll was on what would happen with Raizel and Muzaka. A strong majority think that Raizel would fix whatever is wrong with his old friend. Second place is the two of us who think Raizel will win straight up (me and you namod).

Now onto the review!

Chapter Summary

Look out ladies, now he's single!

This week start off in flashbackville, with Raizel Franky and Raizel back in his Lukedonia mansion and shows the first time Franky ever met Muzaka; who comes on a friendly visit to Rai. And much like the Previous Lord seems glad that Raizel has some company and worries about him always just staring out that same window, yada yada. Back in the present, Franky wonders what could have happened as Muzaka continues his rampage against Rai.

As he attacks, Raizel wraps him in a blood field and is able to bring him to his senses to some degree. He thinks he's still in the middle of some old battle and Raizel explains that he's missing memories and that several centuries have passed since what he's thinking of happened.

Muzaka seems puzzled for moment then clutches his head in pain and breaks free of the blood field and launches an attack that almost hits Franky and Rajak. Until Raizel appears in front of them and blocks it. Franky gets ready to enter the fight but Raizel commands him again to go.

Murzaka meanwhile rages about how Raizel is trying to stop him again. And launches another attack, which Raizel is able to block but he's blood wings are appear to be coming apart. Finally, Frankenstien's sealing ring can't take anymore and shatters unleashing yet more power as blood runs from both Raizel's eyes.

Chapter Review

Looks like me after experiencing the end of Mass Effect 3.

Substance

Pretty thin on content this week. Raizel's sealing ring breaking was probably the biggest thing. This really starting to look like the beginning of the end for Rai. He's probably using more of his life force up now than in the rest of the series combined. The sealing ring breaking is presumably going to boost both strength and cost, proportional to one another.

The flashback didn't really tell us all that much, to be honest. We saw that Muzaka was always pretty beat up looking. So those scars aren't related to whatever his ultimate fate was. More telling was the mental confusing he had going on back in the present. He really didn't seem to understand that any time had passed between when he first fought Raizel and now.

Presentation

Artwork was good. The detail was solid and there even some lighting and shading touches here and there. The flashback part looked particularly good. And I don't think any panels stood out as sub par. So really a very solid chapter in this regard.

In terms of pacing, it was pretty slow going. The short chapter length combined with this to make the whole thing seem a little brief, with the story advancing very little overall.

Overall Rating

A short but fairly pretty chapter that boils down to being pure combat combined with a flashback that didn't really tell us much.

I give it a 2 out of 5

Predictions Section

New Prediction
    • This is the final time Raizel will use this much power.

Old Predictions: (31 Wins/ 39 Losses)

Spoiler: Ongoing show
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 312 Review

Since to be dying is not to be dead, I voted yes. I can't image Raizel dead for ever. And even it's difficult to conceive how the plot should be developed if he's is going to hibernate for a second time.

A question that this chapter raises is: why Raziel stoped Muzaka the first time he did it? What was Muzaka trying to do? Is all of that a real event or just part of the spell under which Muzaka seems to be captive.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Since to be dying is not to be dead, I voted yes. I can't image Raizel dead for ever. And even it's difficult to conceive how the plot should be developed if he's is going to hibernate for a second time.

A question that this chapter raises is: why Raziel stoped Muzaka the first time he did it? What was Muzaka trying to do? Is all of that a real event or just part of the spell under which Muzaka seems to be captive.
    That's a good question. The current theories that I like are that it's all part of some spell or something that the new Werewolf Lord hit him with or that it's over humans.

Like maybe humans killed somebody close to him, or were framed for doing that by the new Wolf Lord, and he wanted to wipe out humanity and Raizel had to stop him. Something like that.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all thanks to Jammin for the review. This time I actually agree with the rating he gave this chapter.

There are a few things that bug me:

- Muzaka is attacking Raizel since last chapter. Then why is he saying: "Are you going to stop me again?" Does he want Rai to watch him attacking him without doing anything even though last chapter Muzaka himself challenged Rai by saying "are you going to keep standing there".

-How did Rai face off against Muzaka with his main seal on in the past?

-Whatever happened seemed to have enraged Muzaka a lot so how did the noble lord miss all this. I mean it should have been something big and the WW seemed to be in contact with the Nobles so there is hardly anyway that it would not reach the lords ears.

- Hell it even reached Rai's ears and Rai is always the last one a message comes to. And seeing that Roctis wished Rai farewell before the coup I believe that the traitors were not the ones who called Rai out, cause Rai then would have known that it was them. He only realized this after he met Gejutel in the current timeline.

- If Rai left the castle there is no way that he didn't tell Franken where he was going and if Rai left Lukedonia then he would have had to inform the Lord. But nobody knew where Rai was. I conclude this cause the clan leaders have to ask the lord to go to the human world and Rai respected the former lord a lot so he would have told him that he is leaving to somewhere.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    First of all thanks to Jammin for the review. This time I actually agree with the rating he gave this chapter.

There are a few things that bug me:

- Muzaka is attacking Raizel since last chapter. Then why is he saying: "Are you going to stop me again?" Does he want Rai to watch him attacking him without doing anything even though last chapter Muzaka himself challenged Rai by saying "are you going to keep standing there".

-How did Rai face off against Muzaka with his main seal on in the past?

-Whatever happened seemed to have enraged Muzaka a lot so how did the noble lord miss all this. I mean it should have been something big and the WW seemed to be in contact with the Nobles so there is hardly anyway that it would not reach the lords ears.

- Hell it even reached Rai's ears and Rai is always the last one a message comes to. And seeing that Roctis wished Rai farewell before the coup I believe that the traitors were not the ones who called Rai out, cause Rai then would have known that it was them. He only realized this after he met Gejutel in the current timeline.

- If Rai left the castle there is no way that he didn't tell Franken where he was going and if Rai left Lukedonia then he would have had to inform the Lord. But nobody knew where Rai was. I conclude this cause the clan leaders have to ask the lord to go to the human world and Rai respected the former lord a lot so he would have told him that he is leaving to somewhere.
    I have all of those same questions. To answer them all I've got is theories at the moment.

Right now, I think the thing that makes the most sense is that something happened that made Muzaka want to harm humans and Raizel had to stop him. That's my guess about why Muzaka keeps talking about Raizel getting in his way.

As for he fought the Wolf Lord without removing his main seal. Not very successfully, I guess.

Regarding how word of the conflict between the Werewolf Lord and Raizel never got out. I have to think the Traitors and the new Werewolf Lord covered it up somehow. Maybe quietly lured him out of Lukedonia while distracting Franky or something. No idea if that's actually going to be the case though. I expect to get a flashback explaining it fairly soon.

Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I have all of those same questions. To answer them all I've got is theories at the moment.

Right now, I think the thing that makes the most sense is that something happened that made Muzaka want to harm humans and Raizel had to stop him. That's my guess about why Muzaka keeps talking about Raizel getting in his way.

As for he fought the Wolf Lord without removing his main seal. Not very successfully, I guess.

Regarding how word of the conflict between the Werewolf Lord and Raizel never got out. I have to think the Traitors and the new Werewolf Lord covered it up somehow. Maybe quietly lured him out of Lukedonia while distracting Franky or something. No idea if that's actually going to be the case though. I expect to get a flashback explaining it fairly soon.
    Franken and the good clan leaders searched everywhere for Rai. They couldn't find any lead. If they couldn't find any lead would mean that Rai and Muzaka didn't fight like this in the past. I mean if they fought like this then surely the would have been an isle or city that would have been destroyed which would have been a proof that something happened to Rai. But Franken and co. didn't even know what happened to Rai weather if he fought or he decided to take a break.

----> How can Rai and Muzaka fight and the clan leaders+lord and Frankenstein couldn't find any clues? I mean hello a city got nuked!

If Muzaka was going to erase the humans then there is no way the Lord wouldn't have be informed about this. Franken said it that the Lord has his spys everywhere.

The authors somehow drove themself into a corner cause it will be hard to expalin this in a logical way.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Franken and the good clan leaders searched everywhere for Rai. They couldn't find any lead. If they couldn't find any lead would mean that Rai and Muzaka didn't fight like this in the past. I mean if they fought like this then surely the would have been an isle or city that would have been destroyed which would have been a proof that something happened to Rai. But Franken and co. didn't even know what happened to Rai weather if he fought or he decided to take a break.

----> How can Rai and Muzaka fight and the clan leaders+lord and Frankenstein couldn't find any clues? I mean hello a city got nuked!

If Muzaka was going to erase the humans then there is no way the Lord wouldn't have be informed about this. Franken said it that the Lord has his spys everywhere.

The authors somehow drove themself into a corner cause it will be hard to expalin this in a logical way.
    If we're talking 800 years ago then there was no real way for news to spread. Columbus wouldn't even discover America for like 200 years. If they went off and fought in some desert, or anyplace away from humans the odds of them being noticed would be pretty low. Especially if the traitors were actively trying to hide the location.

Even if it left a huge crater, finding it without knowing where to look would be a needle in a haystack. The world is a big place.

That being said I think the author has written himself into quite a few corners and this could be another of them.
    Last edited by Jammin; January 14, 2014 at 04:38 PM.

Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

If we're talking 800 years ago then there was no real way for news to spread. Columbus wouldn't even discover America for like 200 years. If they went off and fought in some desert, or anyplace away from humans the odds of them being noticed would be pretty low. Especially if the traitors were actively trying to hide the location.

Even if it left a huge crater, finding it without knowing where to look would be a needle in a haystack. The world is a big place.

That being said I think the author has written himself into quite a few corners and this could be another of them.
    You could be right.

Would the traitors be able to hide something like this? I mean it didn't seem like the old Lord trusted them much. Ludis said it the old Lord trausted Gejutel the most which means he the lord didn't trust the others much.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You could be right.

Would the traitors be able to hide something like this? I mean it didn't seem like the old Lord trusted them much. Ludis said it the old Lord trausted Gejutel the most which means he the lord didn't trust the others much.
    He trusted them enough to go into eternal sleep before they did. Which in hindsight was a bit of a gaff on his part.

Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

He trusted them enough to go into eternal sleep before they did. Which in hindsight was a bit of a gaff on his part.
    That is why I once said that the Lord was too carefree in the end. If he would have taken the warning of Franken through Gejutel seriously then most of the things might have not happened.
    Besides that after Rai disappears how can the Lord even go to eternal sleep even before finding out what really happened? He did not only this he then even makes his daughter a lot weaker by giving her an incomplete SW and he knew that some of his followers are hiding their true colors.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That is why I once said that the Lord was too carefree in the end. If he would have taken the warning of Franken through Gejutel seriously then most of the things might have not happened.
    Besides that after Rai disappears how can the Lord even go to eternal sleep even before finding out what really happened? He did not only this he then even makes his daughter a lot weaker by giving her an incomplete SW and he knew that some of his followers are hiding their true colors.
    No question he screwed up.

But I'm not sure he imagined the clan leaders would do anything even close to what they did. I get the impression that he never believed they would contradict his orders in the way they did and certainly never imagined they were involved in Raizel's disappearance. He suspected that some of them were using humans for their own ends but judging by the way he acted he felt 100% certain that if he gave them a direct order they would follow it and certainly never imagined they would turn on his successor.

As for how he could go to eternal sleep without knowing what happened to Raizel. He waited around 300 years. In hindsight we know that had he waited longer he would have discovered Raizel's fate but he had know way of knowing that at the time.

Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

No question he screwed up.

But I'm not sure he imagined the clan leaders would do anything even close to what they did. I get the impression that he never believed they would contradict his orders in the way they did and certainly never imagined they were involved in Raizel's disappearance. He suspected that some of them were using humans for their own ends but judging by the way he acted he felt 100% certain that if he gave them a direct order they would follow it and certainly never imagined they would turn on his successor.

As for how he could go to eternal sleep without knowing what happened to Raizel. He waited around 300 years. In hindsight we know that had he waited longer he would have discovered Raizel's fate but he had know way of knowing that at the time.
    Now that you mention successor. If he didn't make it known that he didn't want his daughter to be Lord then the traitors wouldn't have the chance to create the confusion by saying Rai should be lord.

Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

... Or (crazy theory) the old lord is the first elder of the union, haha.

Also, nooooo I don't want Rai to die! I would literally die from reading that. In the end of the series, he might lose his powers and become able to live a normal life or something (like Franky wanted for him). I think the authors would have a tough time dealing with the fans if they killed off the titular and most popular (tied with Franky?) character.

Anyway, I agree with the review; the pacing was pretty bad. I mean, everything else was good. It just felt almost like a do-over from last chapter.

As for the back story, I'm guessing Rai didn't let anyone know about having to confront Muzuka, and just went off alone to handle it all himself. He wouldn't want to cause a war with the werewolves either, by ratting anyone out. He didn't even tell Frankenstein about the traitor clan leaders. He just bears the burden all by himself.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't really know why you guys are thinking that author has created some plot hole... It was mentioned in the flashback that Rai disappeared without a trace. Everyone searched for him but they didn't find a single clue. Frankenstein said this was strange as they should have find a clue unless someone was misleading them. This was the reason why Franky left Lukedonia and started searching for Rai alone as he thought that someone from nobles were responsible for Rai's disapoearance. (Refer to the flashback between Franky & Gejutel).

Noblesse Forever!

Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by strixflash View Post
    Don't really know why you guys are thinking that author has created some plot hole... It was mentioned in the flashback that Rai disappeared without a trace. Everyone searched for him but they didn't find a single clue. Frankenstein said this was strange as they should have find a clue unless someone was misleading them. This was the reason why Franky left Lukedonia and started searching for Rai alone as he thought that someone from nobles were responsible for Rai's disapoearance. (Refer to the flashback between Franky & Gejutel).
    Did we say plot hole? No! We only said that the authors drove themselves into a corner from which it will be hard to get out with everything playing out fine.

Like I said the destruction that Rai and Muzaka are causing would be really hard to hide? Franken searched for like 500 years alone and couldn't even find a trace.

Not even the WW's knew about the fight between Muzaka and Rai. Didn't Muzaka has some trusted followers like the lord of the Nobles? Neither the 5th nor Kentas seemed to know that Muzaka and Rai fought.

I mean a fight that practically caues tremors aound the whole world takes place and no one knows about. No WW's nor the majority of the Nobles. I mean the traitors are not bigger in number than the once who didn't change. So how did 6 traitors fool The Lord, Landegre, Kertia, Frankenstein, Mergas, Kaye's daddy, Karias daddy, Rozarias daddy and Royard clan leader? And the WW's too.Seeing that the 2nd elder didn't inform his tursted followers the 5th and Kentas means that he most likely was the only one involed (if he was involved at all).
    Last edited by Mohsen; January 15, 2014 at 02:44 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast