Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply

Thread: NarutoTheory's Naruto Chapter 661 Review: The Failed World

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

NarutoTheory's Naruto Chapter 661 Review: The Failed World

I sense that Kishimoto is steering the Manga to a huge revelation, and I think that will be seen in Chapter 666. Why? Because that number is special as you all know. But anyway, let's get on with this review.

Previously on Naruto, our main character was seen falling from an enormous height due to the loss of his now former inner power, Kurama, and this chapter starts off with Gaara catching Naruto and carrying him to safety (most-likely either Sakura or Tsunade, or both will try to heal him). All 9 Bijuu are then sucked up including Gyuuki (Eight-Tails) and Naruto's half of the Kyuubi. Madara then tries to confirm with a white Zetsu on whether he is getting his other Rinnegan yet or not, and Tobirama uses this time to attack Madara while he feels safest. Fun fact, that is actually what Tobirama is known for.
    Anyway, Gaara carries Naruto to safety on his Goku Cloud (Sand Cloud), and I believe this is basically what Kurama asked Gaara to do and that was to make sure Naruto doesn't die. I'm pretty sure there is not much else he could of said in a few seconds. Madara captures Tobirama and then lectures him about life and the Moon's eye plan, Obito style. After that Hashirama catches Sasuke before he gets himself into trouble with Madara, and literal hands Sasuke a Jutsu. Now, everyone is speculating that it's Senju chakra or some stupid Genjutsu. But let's be real now people, Senju ARE NOT BIG ON GENJUTSU, THAT IS WHAT UCHIHA'S DO. IT IS A KNOWN FACT THAT THE MOST POWERFUL GENJUTSU ARE TSUKIYOMI AND WHATEVER ITACHI'S FRIEND WAS ABLE TO USE. Let's think rationally everyone:

Hashirama: "Madara's taken my Senjutsu Chakra...This is a technique to bind him in response to that."

Therefore the jutsu transferred to Sasuke is not Senjutsu, but it is a counter to Senjutsu. And what have we seen is able to counter Senjutsu?

Senjutsu fails if the user:

a) Takes in too much Senjutsu chakra and begins to mutate/transform into an animal, or something of nature, but in the end they turn to stone.
    b) Obito's light/dark chakra techniques may not have stopped Senjutsu chakra but they were able to keep up a counter.

Now these are just some possibilities, anything can happen in this manga at this point. But let's continue. This chapter had some beautiful plot development. Hashirama compares Sasuke to Uchiha Izuna, who seems to have been of the same mind-set as Sasuke. Sasuke also resembles Izuna in appearance as well as character. Sasuke going after Madara may end up bringing back old memories because of the similar face and similar actions that his younger brother took.
    The final scene in this chapter is Sasuke going after Madara. Tobirama first spits on Madara (Ice Technique Style), to which he blocks with Susano'o. This is where Sasuke uses the moment to his advantage and tries to attack Madara, but Madara uses his Rinnegan on Sasuke to freeze his movements in mid-air. Madara then takes the liberty of stabbing the final remnant of the Uchiha through the heart with his own sword...a beautiful end to a chapter...almost like poetry in motion.

[CENTER[/CENTER]

Predictions: Madara is not one to fail when he does something. And if he does fail...it is rare. What happened to Sasuke...Madara did not look into Sasuke's eyes...also Madara is use to responding to Genjutsu and would of already noticed is Sasuke tried to use anything on him. Therefore I believe Sasuke has really been stabbed in the heart. Enough the Genjutsu crap, people need to be on their deathbeds in this Manga.

- Killer Bee will probably also be on the verge of death...since his Bijuu has been taken out. Sure there was a tentacle cut off during Madara's fiasco to get the one tails, but even if Bee gets out of that he better die because he's not an Uzumaki. And that is the only thing that prolongs survival after Bijuu extraction, that and probably Senju DNA.

- I also acknowledge that there may have been something else Kurama wanted Gaara to do, but I think the few seconds Kurama had was just to tell Gaara to make sure Naruto doesn't die. It would do Gaara justice seeing as how Naruto gave Gaara his life-force through Chiaba-sama or whatever when Gaara was about to die.

- Hey, since Sasuke reminds Madara of Izuna, maybe Madara hit Sasuke just to the right or left of his heart. Maybe he doesn't want to be the one to end up "re-killing" his brother essentially.

- The Jutsu given to Sasuke could be an Uzumaki sealing technique. After all the dude did have babies with Mito Uzumaki.

- But my thought is that Sasuke's either dead next chapter, on the verge of death as well as Naruto. Maybe Sasuke will get saved and Sakura will have to decide on which character to save: Naruto or Sasuke. THIS COULD BE THE MAKE IT BREAK IT CHAPTER THAT SAKURA CHOOSES HER MATE. WE COULD ACTUALLY SEE SAKURA KISS NARUTO TO BRING HIM BACK TO LIFE...MATRIX STYLE!!!! :

- My final prediction as I said before is that there will be some revelation on Chapter 666 of Naruto or very soon...where the Sage of Six Paths has to intervene at some point. Whether it's through Naruto being on limbo between life and death, or Sasuke...or both of them communicating with him. This guy has been hyped up since day one of Naruto, and it's only right for Kishimoto to have some final relevance of his character.

Chapter Rating: 10/10, because of the great build up and character development. It was simply perfection in story telling but the drawing could of been a little better when Tobirama and Madara were attacking one another.
    Last edited by narutotheory; January 15, 2014 at 06:45 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rikudobito's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NarutoTheory's Naruto Chapter 661 Review: The Failed World

Rikudo's essence and chakra is probably present in Naruto as when the Juubi saw a person with a Rinnegan-silhouette, he will talk to him but that will be in 20 chapters at least not now and all the tailed beasts thought of him as kind of his "successor".

I hope Gaara doesn't bring Naruto to Minato, the only result of this would be another BM Naruto If he ever gets the Yin Kurama, I hope Madara notices Minato, he'll be able to take the Yin Kurama and will make the Juubi COMPLETELY revived because seriously I would love to see how the Juubi the sage fought, looked like and of course he'll be much more powerful than what it's incomplete form was like but I'm sure it won't be shown, what will be the result is that the god tree will come back to life again and maybe it's shape will change back a bit.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudobito View Post
    Rikudo's essence and chakra is probably present in Naruto as when the Juubi saw a person with a Rinnegan-silhouette, he will talk to him but that will be in 20 chapters at least not now and all the tailed beasts thought of him as kind of his "successor".

I hope Gaara doesn't bring Naruto to Minato, the only result of this would be another BM Naruto If he ever gets the Yin Kurama, I hope Madara notices Minato, he'll be able to take the Yin Kurama and will make the Juubi COMPLETELY revived because seriously I would love to see how the Juubi the sage fought, looked like and of course he'll be much more powerful than what it's incomplete form was like but I'm sure it won't be shown, what will be the result is that the god tree will come back to life again and maybe it's shape will change back a bit.
    Hmm, Naruto's next power up should be referred to as Yin-Yang Naruto....has a nice ring to it..

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Seems like the Mangahelper staff does not consider my reviews...review worthy anymore...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I think gaara went to the uzumaki's village/shrine. Because it's kinda ridiculous if he'll bring it to minato whereas both minato and naruto had the ability to talk through their mind. Maybe that's the reason why we haven't seen minato. He's already preparing something for naruto's ritual.

Please, I don't want sakura to be naruto's partner. she deserves to becomes Lee's partner. Is it amazing if sakura would choose either sasuke or naruto who'll be the first to be heal, then he chose sasuke, and yet out in the blue Karin kick her ass and healed sasuke. Then he goes to naruto and yet hinata is already there healing naruto while doing some kissing scene. Yea, sakura deserves to be broken hearted.
    When i claimed that minato knows Kage Bunshin, They said that I'm wrong.
    When i claimed that minato is a sage mode user, they said that I'm delusional.
    When i claimed that minato can extend his chakra arms and can activate BM, they said that I'm ridiculous.
    Seriously, Who's "wrong", "delusional" and "ridiculous" now?

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto needs at least one kissing scene so badly that it's not even funny anymore...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    I think gaara went to the uzumaki's village/shrine. Because it's kinda ridiculous if he'll bring it to minato whereas both minato and naruto had the ability to talk through their mind. Maybe that's the reason why we haven't seen minato. He's already preparing something for naruto's ritual.

Please, I don't want sakura to be naruto's partner. she deserves to becomes Lee's partner. Is it amazing if sakura would choose either sasuke or naruto who'll be the first to be heal, then he chose sasuke, and yet out in the blue Karin kick her ass and healed sasuke. Then he goes to naruto and yet hinata is already there healing naruto while doing some kissing scene. Yea, sakura deserves to be broken hearted.
    Every chance you get you take the opportunity to stroke Minato's ego, lol.
    It's pretty obvious, Gaara is taking naruto to Minato to get the other half of the kyuubi. That was Minato soul purpose in his resurrection. Also, to show his legacy was a myth, only against fodder to prove other wise.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope as Gaara takes him to Minato, Madara appears along with Gedo Mazou saying "I have come to take back my left eye, no grudge ...Obito" ( saying that with his famous rape face ) and I hope he also senses the Kyuubi's chakra in Minato and decides to capture it as well. Madara,seeing that the Kurama the statue absorbed did not possess fur and flesh, It should at least make him feel that it is weird that this "Kurama" was not made of flesh and fur and he should clearly understand that it is only part of the full Kurama's power because of that and maybe this is why he didn't start the transformation of the statue into the Juubi right off the bat, this or maybe because his reserves were near-depleted.

Naruto getting back the other Kyuubi's chakra would only make Madara try to re-capture him again IMO lol.
    Last edited by Rikudobito; January 18, 2014 at 11:31 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm...another possibility could be that Gaara does indeed take him to Minato...which in turn distracts Minato and Kakashi from watching Obito and Black Zetsu. This would give Black Zetsu ample time to escape with the Rinnegan...we may see a small scene where Minato or Kakashi (or both) are in battle with them though before-hand..

The other possibility as I stated in the review could be that Sakura revives Naruto with a kiss of life or something. I just feel like Naruto shouldn't have to rely on the Kyuubi Chakra to kick ass. So if he gets the other half it worries me a bit. But eh...we'll see what happens...

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by narutotheory View Post
    Hmm...another possibility could be that Gaara does indeed take him to Minato...which in turn distracts Minato and Kakashi from watching Obito and Black Zetsu. This would give Black Zetsu ample time to escape with the Rinnegan...we may see a small scene where Minato or Kakashi (or both) are in battle with them though before-hand..

The other possibility as I stated in the review could be that Sakura revives Naruto with a kiss of life or something. I just feel like Naruto shouldn't have to rely on the Kyuubi Chakra to kick ass. So if he gets the other half it worries me a bit. But eh...we'll see what happens...

Kicking ass with only Sage Mode, well he'll only kick ass in Sage Mode If he fights Hiruzen with his outdated hype lol...Madara with no sage mode,no eyes pushed him back with little to no efforts. Now Madara with Sage Mode and one eye against SM Naruto, well it'll be more than a stomp considering Madara has more experience than both Naruto,Sasuke and Konoha 11 combined. I'm a Naruto fan ( you can go as far as saying fanboy ) but sometimes you have to admit the obvious, SM Naruto barely hits the top 15 nowadays even though he's my preferred version of Naruto.

Hinata must be the one to give him a kiss, a very passionate one indeed.
    Naruto will decide to revive the Uzumaki clan as well as Sasuke will revive the Uchiha clan.
    Naruto ( Senju blood ) and Hinata ( Uchiha blood maybe?! due to byakugan being related to sharingan?! ) will give baby Rikudous.
    Sasuke ( Uchiha blood ) and Karin ( Senju blood ) will also give baby rikudous.

As Marshall said ...

Sakura + Lee would give god-damn fodder children. ( damn with all those smilies...I'm starting to act like Marshall )
    Last edited by Rikudobito; January 18, 2014 at 04:37 PM.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 1337 haxor's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Well...

I think we are right to assume there will be make or break shipping chapters to come soon but the focus won't be just on Sakura for the matter.

My prediction is that Sasuke will activate Hashirama's jutsu despite being stabbed and Madara will turn partially into wood allowing him to escape.

Of course Madara will be pissed off as hell for losing control of Hashirama's Senjutsu so he will draw the Mazou out of the ground and pursue Sasuke in his GREAT EAGLE ESCAPE.

However, our mad genius Orochimaru will activate Karin's Uzumaki hax so that she puts up those crazy Kushina chain barriers to cock block Madara.

With Karin tied up shielding the Alliance from Madara and the Gedo Mazou, someone else with lesser healing hax will have to cover Sasuke and that's where Sakura enters.

Sakura will have to decide between fixing Sasuke's heart or Naruto's chakra center whereas the other will die in the mean time.

This is when things get complicated, on the one side you will have Tsunade and Hinata urging Sakura to save Naruto and on the other you will have Orochimaru and Karin demanding her to save Sasuke.

Sakura might now favor Naruto over Sasuke given how the former has been a hero through and became important to far more people than Sasuke, however, Orochimaru and Karin are the ones keeping the Alliance away from a messy death and Sakura is not completely over her feelings for Sasuke yet so her choice will be much harder than just who she loves.

Save Naruto, the hope of this world but now a powerless man, or save Sasuke, a gray character with clouded goals but whose allies hold the lives of everyone you care for in their hands?

In the end it will come down to Naruto's and Sasuke's decision.

Naruto will never accept to let Sasuke die for the sake of saving himself, much less that everyone's personal feelings for him cost their lives if Orochimaru and Karin bail out and let a rampaging Madara tear at the remaining Alliance Shinobi.

Sasuke of course won't be willing to die and wouldn't be showing remorse at sacrificing Naruto to save himself but then we will finally have the talk.

All the ships will come crashing when Naruto gives Sasuke the Obito dying speech that changes his way and offers his heart to save Sasuke's life, at that moment, all the build up between Naruto and Sasuke will culminate in the latter adopting the views of the former and receiving the power that can change fate.

Naruto won't die, he will become Sasuke's heart and guide him into the future so that their paths become one and the later brings the former's dreams into fruition.

With an Uzumaki heart beating at his Uchiha chest, Sasuke will have both Senju and Uchiha DNA and thus become the same as Madara in terms of power.

The Fourth Rikkudou, the one born out of love, will come to being and defeat Madara Uchiha once and for all proving that love and power can walk the same path and create real happiness for humanity.

Hopefully, Madara will sacrifice himself to revive Naruto and all the others killed in the war, possibly even more people if the Jutsu spams over more than one country. That way, everyone can team up against a perfect Juubi revived in the wake of Madara's death.

In the worst case scenario, Sasuke will simply pick up from where Naruto left and become Hokage in his name with him likely having a half-Uzumaki child with Karin and naming it after his deceased friend.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Invader's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

10 out of 10, eh? Well, that's a bit more generous than my 3 out of 10. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose. I found the writing to be disjointed and the art to be poorly arranged (IE it was confusing). Weird comments were made (like Zetsu's "looking good inside") that made no sense and did not even have even the vaugest degree of context. Art panels skip from one sequence to the next jarringly. Not to mention that Kishi is just relentlessly and ruthlessly jobbing everyone and everything in a desperate attempt to convince everyone that Madara is credible as a bad guy instead of just being a last-second fan service.

The only positive about the chapter I would give it is that it threw the plot forward at warp speed. Kishi could have taken 10 chapters to slowly reveal the same amount of plot he did in just one chapter. The fight between Tobirama and Madara could have taken 3 or 4 chapters by itself instead of the 3 or 4 panels. In that sense I am very grateful, because anything that gets this lame war arc over as quickly as possible is something I wish to encourage and foster.
    Hidan... Naruto's ONLY real villain!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    Every chance you get you take the opportunity to stroke Minato's ego, lol.
    It's pretty obvious, Gaara is taking naruto to Minato to get the other half of the kyuubi. That was Minato soul purpose in his resurrection. Also, to show his legacy was a myth, only against fodder to prove other wise.
    Eh? The heck is that? If that were the case, what's happen to their wireless talking? And do you think minato couldnt sense naruto and the kyubi? Whereas he sensed them in a miles away? And do you think the Yin kurama couldn't feel/sense anything that his other half was being sucked/wrath from naruto? Yea, it has alot of sense. After all, therikudou mode can't sense, right? And oh, i doubt minato couldn't see what's happening, whereas even the fodder was able to see that from kilometers away.

Minato can teleport to naruto in just a second/s. So why would kurama needs gaara's help to bring naruto back from minato? It doesn't make any sense at all.

What kurama wants for gaara is the ichibi's chakra and the hachibi's chakra. So rest assure that gaara went to the location of bee/tentacle. That was already hinted in the manga. Do you really think that sealing the other kurama is enough to save naruto? Then you're having a delusion, pal. Because even kushina stated that she'll seal the kyubi again and die together with it. She stated the word ''again'' and yet she didn't say that she'll lived. See? The Yin kurama can't save naruto, making naruto into jinchuuriki of the kyubi is literally useless. The manga shows it, kushina said it. So I don't understand why you keep on blabbering about the other kurama that can save naruto.
    When i claimed that minato knows Kage Bunshin, They said that I'm wrong.
    When i claimed that minato is a sage mode user, they said that I'm delusional.
    When i claimed that minato can extend his chakra arms and can activate BM, they said that I'm ridiculous.
    Seriously, Who's "wrong", "delusional" and "ridiculous" now?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member enmymiguel's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Come on. Obito to save the both
    I must create a real village, until i demonstrate what a real kage is. I cant Die!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Zimbabwe
    Post Thanks / Like

Sakura can die for all I care. Hinata should must be the one who revives him with a big damn sloppy wet kiss.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hawaplop's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The genjutsu of Hashirama's that Orochimaru used was pretty badass actually.
    So...enough of the nobody but Uchiha's have genjutsu.
    2nd Mizukage's was awesome as well.

New Reply