Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Second Time Skip in New World

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Second Time Skip in New World

Quote Originally Posted by KuroKarasu View Post
    I'm not implying that Luffy is weak. I'm not even sure if there will be another timeskip myself. I just thought this is a topic worth discussing. I just said that personally I feel like between the current Luffy and a Yonkou there is more of a gap than there was between Luffy/Lucci or Luffy/Crocodile. I think he can beat Doflamingo by going all out. But not a Yonkou. And if we think about it then there isn't THAT still to happen in order for Luffy to fight a Yonkou.

So I wondered: How will Oda do it? Another timeskip? A Strawhat training session? Or am I underestimating Luffy or overestimating Yonkou? I don't know.
    no if u think in part 1 Crocodile was members of strong team who were boss of sea and now Yonkou r boss of sea so u cant say he will just got defeat easily. i m not saying he is as strong as yonkou just like he was not as strong as Crocodile when he defeat him . that time he got Crocodile's weakness and with his willpower he defeat Crocodile. just like that he can defeat yonkou and its not like he is going to fight yonkou right now he may fight yonkou after 2-3 arcs and in that time he will become more powerful and will get friend who will help him to defeat yonkou

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not implying that Luffy is weak. I'm not even sure if there will be another timeskip myself. I just thought this is a topic worth discussing. I just said that personally I feel like between the current Luffy and a Yonkou there is more of a gap than there was between Luffy/Lucci or Luffy/Crocodile. I think he can beat Doflamingo by going all out. But not a Yonkou. And if we think about it then there isn't THAT still to happen in order for Luffy to fight a Yonkou.

So I wondered: How will Oda do it? Another timeskip? A Strawhat training session? Or am I underestimating Luffy or overestimating Yonkou? I don't know.
    Hah, to tell the truth the pattern is exactly the same.
    1) He enter new region and after a couple of deadly fights defeat the mighty Shichibukai, The Crocodile! Who is two heads above Luffy in terms of strenghts. (DD right now)
    2) He proceed further and at some point confront top secret overpowered zoan type fighter Rob Lucci who is even more powerfull than Luffy and after another deadly fight (with newly discowered gear third) He barely win this fight. (Kaido gonna be new zoan-type enemy)

What will happen in fight with DD? Luffy wil barely defeat him with all we'v seen so far.
    And what will happen when he fight Kaido? Well i realy hope it is gonna be the long waited gear 4.
    Luffy getting stronger after each enemy he face, he learned gear 2 after a short scrim with CP and he invented gear 3 after short meeting with Aokiji. And now he got full 2 years of trainigs behind his back, i am pretty sure he can deal with Yonkou, he just need an allias to fight his army (fishmans for bigmum, and someone for Kaido). So i doubt any timescips (more then a week) will happen.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vagabond87's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice idea for thread. I expect same thing- second time skip- after few more arcs so to say.
    Luffy, Zoro and Sanji seems to be on par with very strong Vice Admirals now so its not enough for Luffy to become Pirate King.
    Part of story that we see now will be amazing because Oda choosen training time skip to be 2 years long so its not long enough for Strawhats crew to get on par with any of Yonkos crews(if they would have trained for for example 3-4 years and also have picked up some fights with some top fighters in that time- Vice Admirals etc monster trio would get very close to power of admirals and thats why it will be so exciting with what we have now. At same time as you said more first league firepower is needed to become Pirate King. Sengoku said to Ace on platform that if he would be left free he would slowly but surely grow enough to become next pirate king and Ace back then was around as strong as Luffy is now so still ways to go before hope of fighting with Yonko 1 on 1.

Or maybe Oda will do some smaller timeskips during story that we see now. So few years will progress without doing same trick twice.
    It would be interesting to see how characters will change - looks mostly - as I lately compared Zoro and Sanji now with how they looked when they were joining.
    Badassnessss level is really growing and I didnt seen it before. After arc with Shanks I expect some badass coats at least on monster trios backs.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RichardMNixon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

- The Strawhat Pirates in general are faaaaaar weaker than a Yonkou Group (looking at Usopp/Nami/Chopper)
    - If no time passes then he would be super rookie in the New World and instantly become pirate king.
    Compare these to Roger. Roger had Buggy in his crew and that didn't stop him. He also conquered the Grand Line in 3 years (though I don't know what he was doing before he left Reverse Mountain with Crocus).
    The Grain Pirates. Scourge of Spelt, Corsairs of Corn, Rogues of Rye, Buccaneers of Barley, the Freebooters of the Farmland.
    What reason is there to stop a man from sailing?

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Kuma comes again and blasts them away?

Seriously though, the time skip is not just for the SHs, it will be good once this whole thing with the "underworld" is settled that Luffy and co, go back into hiding. This could just be the middle part of One Piece for all we know it, it's unpredictable to see what will happen in a unpredictable sea like the New World.

Many things could happen to trigger this possible new time skip:

A disturbance of the balance of power
    Some freaky incident that shakes the world like Marineford did
    Death of some important character

Many things that are bad can provoke one.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we will have a timeskip after dragon dies. Idk if he dies, but most probably he will.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there will be because at the moment Luffy's not strong enough to take on the truly powerful people of OP and he's still considered a rookie. For him to become the pirate king believably I think he needs a few more years on him. My second reason is Oda said there will be a huge war at the end of OP and I can't help thinking the reverie held every 4 years would be the perfect time to attack the Government. I think this year's reverie will get rid of the shichibukai system and probably allow the fishmen to live on the surface, so I don't think the war will happen this time round. Instead, I think the Strawhats will find Raftel and the last poneglyph, find out the truth about the government and then decide to attack in the next reverie. A 4 year time skip will give Luffy plenty of time to get stronger, he'll be 23 or 24 years old and hopefully a new world veteran by then.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member renders's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't really get one piece do you?
    Not all strawhats needs to become stronger *looks at Usopp,Nami,etc*
    While Luffy is not on the admirals level there are other ways to win fights in one piece and it revolves around the devil fruits
    ''The melody of logic always plays the note of truth''

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by renders View Post
    You don't really get one piece do you?
    Not all strawhats needs to become stronger *looks at Usopp,Nami,etc*
    While Luffy is not on the admirals level there are other ways to win fights in one piece and it revolves around the devil fruits
    Well, ussop and nami did get considerably stronger over the timeskip. They still avoid fighting although that is most likely because so far they have gone up against the stronger people around. Ussop had to face trebol and nami has been attacked by doflamingo. Hardly opportunities to show themselves off. Still, their strength is at a point where it could easily prove relevant against other members of doflamingo's crew for instance. Their firepower was more than easily enough to know out buffalo and baby five which goes to show they do have strength. Nami is someone who IMO could be exceptionally dangerous under the right circumstances. She relies on weather control and we have yet to see her full capacities in that regard. With a little preparation she could make up quite a storm. In the end there is no scenario in which the main strawhat crew is not required to eventually be like the main crewmembers of the yonko. Ussop's function in the crew is the same as the commander's in WB so he needs to acquire strength to stand there, otherwise he is useless. Same goes for nami and ussop. The issue here is that they do not have to be that strong right now, there are plenty of arcs left for that.

I am not sure about a timeskip but I do think several strawhats will go through powerups like they did during the ennies lobby arc. So there likely is at least one significant upgrade left for most of the strawhats. I do think most of them will learn haki over time, its too basic to not have in the new world IMO. They do not even have to master it, they simply have to get to a point where it is useable in battle.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you guys forgotten how long this manga will be? 749 chapters and they're only facing the first "strong" villain in the second half. I'm sure it's going to run for a while and have them in multiple island and face multiple enemy and develop multiple new skill.

Another time skip would only be necessary if Oda had to hurry if his health is critical.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member warriorofvirtue's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys!

As the title suggests I would like to discuss about a possible second time skip in One Piece. I'm not talking about a "10 years later" at the end of the manga but at an actual timeskip while the story is still progressing.

Here is why I think it is possible:
    - Luffy isn't strong enough to beat Akainu/Blackbeard
    - Powerups don't come that quickly and easily after training for 2 years
    - The Strawhat Pirates in general are faaaaaar weaker than a Yonkou Group (looking at Usopp/Nami/Chopper)
    - If no time passes then he would be super rookie in the New World and instantly become pirate king.

Now it doesn't necessarily have to be a TIME SKIP per se but I think that a lot of time has to pass in order for Luffy to be as strong as he should be at the end of the manga. I know that once DF is taken down things can change pretty quickly. If the 30% plan of Law succeeds then Kaidou will be out of the way relatively soon. But still. Even with Kaidou gone and the remaining Yonkou battling for territory and maybe another war (WB vs. Revolutionaries for example) Luffy would still have to be stronger than I can see him becoming soon. He has to atleast be strong enough to beat Blackbeard and Akainu 1on1 since those are the battles that will most likely happen.

What do you guys think?
    is it necessary that luffy and crew be stronger than a yonkou crew by the end? it would be refreshing if he didn't have to be the most powerful to be pirate king.
    Rigardo The Silver Eyed Lion King!!!!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warriorofvirtue View Post
    is it necessary that luffy and crew be stronger than a yonkou crew by the end? it would be refreshing if he didn't have to be the most powerful to be pirate king.
    That would seem to be necessary since he's already seemingly pushing toward a conflict with both Big Mom and Kaido, while a conflict with Blackbeard would seem to be an inevitability. He is going to be forced to take on Yonko, he's going to have to defeat them somehow.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member milek's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

There will be time skip but probably at the end of manga, something like 10 or 15 years later.

He is strong, why did he trained 2 years if he need another time skip to beat someone

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member KuroKarasu's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by milek View Post
    There will be time skip but probably at the end of manga, something like 10 or 15 years later.

He is strong, why did he trained 2 years if he need another time skip to beat someone
    So you think he can go from being crushed by EVERY name worthy opponent he has fought (Admirals, Kuma, Magellan...) to defeating everyone including the Emperors and Akainu in just 2 years?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

The current fights which are being set up will show us how strong Luffy and Zoro have gotten, neither of which have been pushed all that far post-timeskip. Luffys first two major fights featured a handicap for him and he still managed to wreck his opponents. Zoro on the other hand dispatched his opponents easily.

I'm including Zoro in this in part to try to extrapolate Luffys actual strength to some degree. The typical pattern up until now is that Zoro has faced off against the 2nd strongest character in an arc (although I may concede that the Vergo/Law fight may have altered the dynamic slightly in the last arc). Zoro hasn't even broken a sweat in his fights and seemed largely disinterested in who he was fighting. His fights have not featured a handicap however, unlike Luffy. The first straight up fight Luffy had with a strong opponent was against Don Chinjao, who was beaten, easily.

I've diverted from my main point which is that Luffys fight with Doffy will show the extent of his strength and the same probably goes for Zoro vs Pica (although I suspect that Zoro is going to wipe the floor with him).

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast