Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Space, multiple moons and history

  1. #1
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member exxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bahrain Kingdom
    Country
    Bahrain
    Age
    18
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    68
    Post Thanks / Like

    Space, multiple moons and history

    We can see the world of One Piece clearly in the third page in chapter 392
    http://mangafox.me/manga/one_piece/v41/c392/3.html
    We can see six moons or seven

    In the Void Century, 20 kingdoms (World Government) allied together against the greatest kingdom that time (Ancient Kingdom), they also invaded and destroyed Shandora (Shandia)

    Shandora's Shandorians came from the space along with the Skypians and Birkans, they came from the same moon (Fairy Vearth) or some three moons allied together

    ...

    What I see:
    Other than Robin's working on solving the mystery of Void Century, Enel's Great Space Operations along with other things (like Shirahoshi's case) are the key of solving the problems from the past where Luffy will play his role also as someone dreams of becoming the Pirate King

    I expect Enel will have his return soon...
    So I want this thread to become the best thread for discussing One Piece's space and history things, and the future discussion thread on Enel's return and the events that will come with him

    Where do we start?
    Last edited by exxp; January 21, 2014 at 08:51 AM.
    My lists: Manga&Manhwa | Anime | movies, documentary, ... | books&stuff | novels | Audios ...

  2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #2
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Spam286's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Macclesfield
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    174
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Space, multiple moons and history

    Quote Originally Posted by exxp View Post
    We can see the world of One Piece clearly in the third page in chapter 392
    http://mangafox.me/manga/one_piece/v41/c392/3.html
    We can see six moons or seven

    In the Void Century, 20 kingdoms (World Government) allied together against the greatest kingdom that time (Ancient Kingdom), they also invaded and destroyed Shandora (Shandia)

    Shandora's Shandorians came from the space along with the Skypians and Birkans, they came from the same moon (Fairy Vearth) or some three moons allied together

    ...

    What I see:
    Other than Robin's working on solving the mystery of Void Century, Enel's Great Space Operations along with other things (like Shirahoshi's case) are the key of solving the problems from the past where Luffy will play his role also as someone dreams of becoming the Pirate King

    I expect Enel will have his return soon...
    So I want this thread to become the best thread for discussing One Piece's space and history things, and the future discussion thread on Enel's return and the events that will come with him

    Where do we start?
    We can start by questioning whether that planet is the one they're on. It's make up would suggest it isn't. So far as we know the only significant landmass on the OP planet is the red line, and though I can't be bothered finding the page it was shown on, it looks nothing like the land on the globe in the Ohara library.

    EDIT: Also, Enel was very insistent on referring to the Fairy Vearth. He didn't mention multiple Fairy Vearths, nor in any way specify that one was FV while the others were not. I'm pretty sure the OP night sky has never shown more than one moon, though again, too lazy to check. I think there's probably only one.
    Last edited by Spam286; January 21, 2014 at 08:06 AM.

  4. #3
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member exxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bahrain Kingdom
    Country
    Bahrain
    Age
    18
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    68
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Space, multiple moons and history

    Quote Originally Posted by Spam286 View Post
    We can start by questioning whether that planet is the one they're on. It's make up would suggest it isn't. So far as we know the only significant landmass on the OP planet is the red line, and though I can't be bothered finding the page it was shown on, it looks nothing like the land on the globe in the Ohara library.

    EDIT: Also, Enel was very insistent on referring to the Fairy Vearth. He didn't mention multiple Fairy Vearths, nor in any way specify that one was FV while the others were not. I'm pretty sure the OP night sky has never shown more than one moon, though again, too lazy to check. I think there's probably only one.
    Good questioning!
    If the center planet isn't the planet where Grand Line is, then it might be the moon with its own smaller moon in the farthest right
    That's everything in my mind... <Oh please Enel, come back soon>

    Also I wonder about which planet or moon the Automata came from, where Machine Island is
    My lists: Manga&Manhwa | Anime | movies, documentary, ... | books&stuff | novels | Audios ...

  5. #4
    Der blaue Denker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Drinking Rum
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,522
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Space, multiple moons and history

    I ca see the crew visiting "space" as the next frontier, or well the final one.

    Thing is the history and stuff will probably be known after they reach Raftel, though Raftel "might" contain One Piece, so after they find One Piece, the crew might go on an adventure in space, hey they already went to the sky and underwater. xD

  6. #5
    MangaHelper 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Syphin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Space, multiple moons and history

    That world model in chapter 392 does share some resemblance to the One Piece World and in my opinion I actually believe that world model in Ohara was a representation of the One Piece world.

    The Model in chapter 392 - that massive land mass on that model does seem to stretch around the globe. Plus the Grand Line itself is noticeable on the bottom half via the dots forming a line representing the small Islands in the Grand Line:

    Spoiler show

    The Red Line described by Nami in chapter 22 (only shows the Red Line and Grand Line in this illustration, but we get to see what the Red Line looks like):

    Spoiler show

    Also as we can see from the East Blue map, there are notable land masses (Islands) visible that are bigger than the Islands seen in the Grand Line, which would explain the Islands visible on the world globe shown in chapter 392:

    Spoiler show

    It may not have been made apparent how many satellites the One Piece world has orbiting around it, but due to it being left open by Oda, it is possible that in fact it may have 6 satellites orbiting it. We can't really discard such a possibility at this point in time unless we get conclusive evidence to suggest otherwise.

    Space and the Moon in particular were made relevant thanks to the cover story of Enel, so if Oda does plan to develop the story in such a way - towards space, he is always open to. The elements are there for him to use - the connection to the Ancient Civilization; the Skypeins, Shandorians, and Birkans. There are even Space Pirates, another element Oda set-up which he COULD use to bring in something new to the story.

    For all we know the Devil Fruit story, Vegapunk's character, the Will of D, the Ancient Weapon Uranus (could it be one of the satellites?), the Poneglyphs (it's origins plus the material it is made from), the Void Century, plus some other mysterious developments I am missing or which have not been revealed yet, could all play a part with a potential space journey.

    We have already have a wide variety of currents on the Blue Sea and there are underwater Sea Currents so why not space currents or something along those lines? We already know that the pirates can travel in space thanks to the Space Pirates and Enel, so the Strawhats heading into space wouldn't be all that unreasonable within the One Piece world. The Strawhats have been to the sky with Skypeia, underwater with Fishman Island, and underground with the dwarves in the Dressrosa Arc, so it would be cool and incredibly fun to have them tackle space, in particular one of the moons if not more, as one of their absurd destinations in the future of One Piece.

    Also expanding One Piece to include some space adventures would be a pretty fascinating development and something unique even after 734 chapters. The fact that One Piece is likely to continue beyond the thousand chapter mark does make one feel that there is place for some Space adventures.

    The desire/need to go to space/one of the moons would also help to open up a relevant role within the Strawhats if they are seeking a new nakama to join them - an Astronomer.

    Also concerning Enel, since his Ark Maxim was impliedly destroyed as well as the Space Pirates ship, he could very well end up returning to the story if and when the Strawhats visit that Moon, unless Enel intends to stay on the Fairy Vearth or found another way off the Moon (I wonder if Enel is bored on his Fairy Vearth =/).

    In conclusion; a Strawhat space adventure would be a fun twist and incredibly interesting development and I would love to see where the Strawhats land once they descend back to the Blue Sea from space =P.

  7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #6
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Dubai
    Country
    India
    Age
    17
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    650
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Space, multiple moons and history

    What if raftel is one of those moons or whatever celestial object they are?

    That would explain why rayleigh was so ready to tell luffy about op.

  9. #7
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    527
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Space, multiple moons and history

    Such a nice find... I never would've noticed or thought of such an angle to the story. There were a couple of occasions in the story it was implied that One Piece might not even be on Raftel; and supposedly, it was also implied that even Whitebeard was not capable of reaching Raftel with all the resources he had without directions from Roger. I don't know if the story will actually go this way but, if One Piece, the Ancient Kingdom, and/or the last ancient weapon (that possibly affect the sky/weather) is one of those moons or on one of those moons, it would make sense why no-one was able to reach them and how the world government was safe from people finding it for over 800 years.

    The fact that Poneglyphs are made of an unknown substance that cant be destroyed has also fascinated me along with where kairoseki comes from. Maybe something like All Blue is also on one of those moons where fish from the different seas live together without separation; maybe the sea kings and/or fishmen came from one of those moons too; and on Raftel there is some kind of advanced transportation system that lets people travel between the moons and other obstacles (10,000 m underwater, etc.) Definitely this would mean whoever holds One Piece would be free to go anywhere he/she pleases as Luffy said to Rayleigh. On top of that, this would be something that cant be sold (worthless to Buggy) and something that cannot be carried away. Definitely, something like this being found by someone would turn the world upside down.

    Considering the idea of the Treasure Tree Adam, Sunlight Tree Eve, and devil fruits are there, I would also not count out a situation where during the void century, an ancient kingdom that existed on a moon like paradise was cast down to the One Piece world because devil fruits were somehow brought into existence generating chaos and destruction.

    Anyways, the concept is really out there... but nothing short of what I would expect from this story based on what I've seen so far. This reminds me a lot of Stargate and similar stories I've seen.

  10. #8
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Space, multiple moons and history

    Enel on the moon was a fun, silly cover story, nothing more. It will not have any bearing on the plot, especially not the true history. It has long been established how the true history will be discovered. There are two type of poneglyphs, tablets of clues and tablets of truths. The text about the ancient weapons are recorded on tablets of clues, text about the true history on tablet of truths. The true history is the sum total of information recorded on the tablet of truths. Only by traversing all of Grand Line (including the New World) and finding all the poneglyphs can the true history be discovered. Robin realized that she needs to follow the guidance of the tablets she has already read, until the end of Grandline. Raftel is the end of the Grand Line, the last island after circumnavigating the world. Roger and his crew conquered Grand Line. Roger became known as pirate king after conquering the oceans. The Jolly Roger Pirates found the entire history. Raftel is the last of island of Grand Line. Reaching it is not as simple as sailing to Sabaody, at the end of Grandline. Based on the New World log posts, everyone already should know that sailing the New World is not like the first half of Grand Line. There will not be a straight line to the end. That does not mean Raftel is the moon. Nothing of the sort. Roger followed the guidance of the texts. Chances are the key to finding Raftel are clues left behind on the poneglyphs. The text can only be read by someone who knows the ancient language, or can hear the voice of all things. If true, that would explain why nobody has reached Raftel since Roger. Robin is the only person left who can read the text. Until someone (Luffy) comes along who can hear the voice of all things, no one can find Raftek. That would also explain why none of the Jolly Roger Pirates, Shanks, or Buggy have returned. They can't. Roger was the one who could hear the voice of all things. Without that ability, his crew can not find their way back.

    One Piece is probaby the true history, along with the knowledge and experience necessary to put it to good use. That would explain why the World Government is willing to kill Ace simply for being Roger's son. They were willing to kill the scientists of Ohara just to prevent them from speaking the Ancient Kingdom's name. Unlike Roger, they had not even unraveled all the mysteries. Roger's treasure is the ability to overthrow the World Government, restoring peace and justice to the world. In order to accomplish that, you would need to read the poneglyphs, circumnavigate Grand Line, reach Raftel, and learn the true history.

  11. #9
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member exxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bahrain Kingdom
    Country
    Bahrain
    Age
    18
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    68
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Space, multiple moons and history

    Quote Originally Posted by Syphin View Post
    That world model in chapter 392 does share some resemblance to the One Piece World and in my opinion I actually believe that world model in Ohara was a representation of the One Piece world.

    The Model in chapter 392 - that massive land mass on that model does seem to stretch around the globe. Plus the Grand Line itself is noticeable on the bottom half via the dots forming a line representing the small Islands in the Grand Line:

    Spoiler show

    The Red Line described by Nami in chapter 22 (only shows the Red Line and Grand Line in this illustration, but we get to see what the Red Line looks like):

    Spoiler show

    Also as we can see from the East Blue map, there are notable land masses (Islands) visible that are bigger than the Islands seen in the Grand Line, which would explain the Islands visible on the world globe shown in chapter 392:

    Spoiler show

    It may not have been made apparent how many satellites the One Piece world has orbiting around it, but due to it being left open by Oda, it is possible that in fact it may have 6 satellites orbiting it. We can't really discard such a possibility at this point in time unless we get conclusive evidence to suggest otherwise.
    That made things clearer to me...
    There's also that in the world of One Piece: 2 Oceans that Red Line separates them
    Thank you very much!

    ---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Enel on the moon was a fun, silly cover story, nothing more. It will not have any bearing on the plot, especially not the true history. It has long been established how the true history will be discovered.
    Half or more of these mini-stories are really just fun and silly cover stories, but it have something with the plot or something deserves to recall in the main story
    As an example, Caribou's Kehihihihi in the New World mini-series will probably explain how Kaido or someone close will discover that Shirahoshi is an Ancient Weapon
    And that will play big role in the story for sure!
    My lists: Manga&Manhwa | Anime | movies, documentary, ... | books&stuff | novels | Audios ...

  12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts