Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22
Results 316 to 322 of 322

Thread: One Piece 736 Discussion/ 737 Prediction

  1. #316
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    Balearic Islands
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 736 Discussion/ 737 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Kuzan, not Kuzu.

    No it just shows that he's an high tier fighter himself, it doesn't show us that they are eqal at all.

    There is no upper limit to the strengh of the vice admirals, it's just that there are only three slots for admirals available.

    Not when he's handcuffed by kairoseki stones.
    lol no, it's been implied DD is at the tier of an admiral.

    -Kuzan warns him not to anything to Smoker, DD still pulls the string for the kill even though he knows the consequences may be an all-out fight afterwards.

    -DD kicks Issho without any fear of retaliation, another show that he is not afraid to have an all-out battle vs an admiral.

    However, DD did shit his pants thinking to stand-up to Kaidou. Which means DD knows not to mess with people stronger than him.

    I always see your comments with opinions about the manga with 0 facts to back it up.

  2. #317
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    a
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    401
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 736 Discussion/ 737 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakrami View Post
    lol no, it's been implied DD is at the tier of an admiral.

    -Kuzan warns him not to anything to Smoker, DD still pulls the string for the kill even though he knows the consequences may be an all-out fight afterwards.

    -DD kicks Issho without any fear of retaliation, another show that he is not afraid to have an all-out battle vs an admiral.

    However, DD did shit his pants thinking to stand-up to Kaidou. Which means DD knows not to mess with people stronger than him.

    I always see your comments with opinions about the manga with 0 facts to back it up.
    Agree this is a good point. I do think DD is admiral level based on your logic listed above. Also it has been two years since the time-skipped, I would be dissapointed if Luffy/Zoro is not at admiral level, given that they have been trained by the best of the best AND also they were very strong before.

    Let's put it this way Law can easily own smoker/vergo, and is strong enough to be a Shichibukai. He is definitely way above vice-admirals (True some vice-admirals like Garp are unexceptionably strong, but there aren't many like him)

    Don Flamingo seem to have beat Law without much of an injury. Do DD power level is definitely on part or close to Admiral level. He and Hawkeye is definitely as strong as Admirals, or else how come Shichibukai would be known as 3 world powers!?

    DD + Hawkeye = Kuzan + Purple Tiger

    The other 5 Shichibukai = The other Admiral.

  3. #318
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Posts
    50
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 736 Discussion/ 737 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakrami View Post
    lol no, it's been implied DD is at the tier of an admiral.

    DD knows not to mess with people stronger than him.
    *sigh*

    I thought I squashed this argument a couple posts ago?

    I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but your argument doesn't make sense to me. If Doflamingo knew not to anger those stronger than him, then he wouldn't have made enemies with Luffy.

    Doflamingo's actions throughout this arc have demonstrated one key character flaw: his utter arrogance. Yes, he's openly defied both a former and current admiral (going as far as to attack the latter). But defying an enemy, and being equal or stronger than someone are two completely different things. Remember when Coby defied Akainu? Or when Luffy attacked all 3 admirals at once? But, you certainly wouldn't say either Coby or Luffy were at an admiral level at that time.

    When trying to figure Doflamingo's power, you have to make it relative to what we know about the entire One Piece world. So, when you ask yourself, "Is DD as strong or stronger than an admiral?" you don't just question specific characters, you question his strength in relation to the title itself. For instance: Could the current Doflamingo best an Akainu from 2yrs ago? (Mind you, Akainu went toe-to-toe with, not just any yonko, but the strongest pirate in the world: Whitebeard. And not only did he deal significant damage to Whitebeard, but Akainu was able to survive his onslaught)

    You say, "DD did shit his pants thinking to stand-up to Kaidou"

    But I doubt any admiral, current or former, is THAT afraid of any particular yonko.


    p.s. Doflamingo and Hawkeye being the tops of the warlord pool? Did everyone forgot about Hancock? She has conquerors haki and can turn people to stone; she's a total BEAST.

  4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #319
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Country
    Venezuela
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    394
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 736 Discussion/ 737 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakrami View Post
    lol no, it's been implied DD is at the tier of an admiral.
    DD is pretty strong and has CoC. That said, he is like Luffy in that he doesn't really care how strong someone is. He does as he pleases (like leaving Dressrosa alone, etc).

    Power levels are not always linear in OP. Mister 3 was able to hold of Magellan better than most others can including level 6 prisoners. He did even better than Blackbeard. Same with Enel having problems with Luffy. Other admirals would probably not have killed Ace as easily as Akanui because he was a fire logia.

    There are strengths like Haki that level up things a bit, balancing out some fruit users, but power levels are not always linear in OP and is hard to tell as of now both how powerful he is in comparison to the 3 admirals. But yeah, DD is pretty strong.

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #320
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SoulAuron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    592
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 736 Discussion/ 737 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakrami View Post
    lol no, it's been implied DD is at the tier of an admiral.

    -Kuzan warns him not to anything to Smoker, DD still pulls the string for the kill even though he knows the consequences may be an all-out fight afterwards.

    -DD kicks Issho without any fear of retaliation, another show that he is not afraid to have an all-out battle vs an admiral.

    However, DD did shit his pants thinking to stand-up to Kaidou. Which means DD knows not to mess with people stronger than him.

    I always see your comments with opinions about the manga with 0 facts to back it up.
    quoting will of D:

    Quote Quote:
    Doflamingo is strong for sure, but you can't equate him to an admiral simply based on a confrontation that didn't really go anywhere. Crocodile confronted Doflamingo during the war and there wasn't a clear resolution. So, by your rationale, Crocodile should be as strong as an admiral because he "stood up" to Doflamingo (who "stood up" to an admiral). By the same token, Luffy and Blackbeard fought in Impel Down with no definitive victor, but Blackbeard is (and was) much stronger than Luffy. See the flaw in that logic?

    IMO, Aokiji could have killed Doflamingo, but he simply just let him go. He's done it before to other pirates (who were also weaker than himself) when it was his job to capture them, so it makes sense he'd behave similarly, especially now that he isn't a marine. Also, fighting Doflamingo on Punk Hazard might stir up more of a scene than Aokiji wanted (remember, he was there on secret business).

    And Fujitora is simply bound to protecting the innocent (just like Zatoichi), and in this case it happens to be the people of Dressrosa. Doflamingo has threatened and even openly attacked him, but Fujitora has shouldered it and hasn't retaliated. Let's see what happens when Fujitora learns of Doflamingo's true nature and evil actions in Dressrosa
    well its as i have been saying since i enetered this forum: in OP power levels are very very blury, there are an infinite number of factors that could impact the outcome of a fight many of them have to do with the types of powers and the experience that a character has, but many of them also had to do with circumstances, if kuzan had fought dofla there he would have put at serious risk the lives of smoker and the other marines who dofla almost killed, he did not want that now did he? also he wanted to remain unnoticed and the possibility of dofla dieing would draw a loooot of atention, so even if he did win the fight it might not have been a good idea at all, thus he let dofla go. as for doflas side, he doesnt need to be at the level of an admiral to be potentialy able to beat one, as i said there are infinite things that can impact the outcome of a battle, and i bet that dofla is an extremly sneaky kind of fellow when he needs to be, he could try and surpass kuzan with skill and his weir df power, and if that didnt work he could try to use the host of hostages he had lying arround right there, even if only to cause a moments hesitaton.
    in short, we have seen too little to determine doflas relative strength yet, and even if we had seen enough it still would vary greatly depending on the oponent and seting.
    Last edited by SoulAuron; February 04, 2014 at 03:18 PM.
    heres what i think is the explanation to BB having multiple DF:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3373390
    here is what orihimes powers are and where shinigami power comes from.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3446556

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #321
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Muhbaer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Austria
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    273
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 736 Discussion/ 737 Prediction

    DD can allow himself some more things than anyone else can. Cause he's a Celestial Dragon, or was, but he still has his birthright if you will.
    After being frozen by Kuzan and after he managed to break free, he was heavily breathing.
    He just showed, that he doesn't give a damn, when he attacked smoker.
    And he showed, that he doesn't give a damn, when he attacked issho.
    He may be strong, but not strong enough.
    have fun, good luck

  10. #322
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner P.I.E.86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 736 Discussion/ 737 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakrami View Post
    lol no, it's been implied DD is at the tier of an admiral.

    -Kuzan warns him not to anything to Smoker, DD still pulls the string for the kill even though he knows the consequences may be an all-out fight afterwards.

    -DD kicks Issho without any fear of retaliation, another show that he is not afraid to have an all-out battle vs an admiral.

    However, DD did shit his pants thinking to stand-up to Kaidou. Which means DD knows not to mess with people stronger than him.

    I always see your comments with opinions about the manga with 0 facts to back it up.
    I find it funny that you see it that way. Don't me wrong your opinion, at this point, is as valid as mine, but I've always seen it as him acting out like a child. A child will hit people that they know will not hit them back. i.e. Kuzan and Issho. Donquixote Doflamingo knows these individuals won't attack him. There for he takes swipes at them knowing they won't attack back. Unlike Kaido who probably doesn't play that weak shit.

  11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts