Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
I've a problem with this light line on the left, I find it often:
Probably I'm stupid, couse I'm new to this job. When I clean the raw, that line becomes completely white and I've to rewrite with stamp. Is there a better way?
I use Topaz denoise.
Sorry for bad english. I searched this in older thread without find it.
That Naruto's image is only an exemple, I have no problems with this raw couse the line is thin. With other raw that line is bigger.
Last edited by Sawaki; January 23, 2014 at 03:12 PM.
You will find stuff like that on poor quality raws. There is a few ways you can try to deal with it.
The easiest (quickest) one would probably be:
1. Change the page from RGB to Grayscale.
2. Add an empty layer on top of it.
3. Set your brush color to 999999.
4. Set your brush size to fit the light reflection ideally. Make sure you set your PS to use a Full Size Brush Tip (Edit>Preferences>Cursors), then make the brush 100% hard to make sure the size fits perfectly (hover over the light line).
5. Change the brush hardness to 75%.
6. Move your brush to the top of the light line - make sure that half of it goes beyond the page outline - and the click down the brush once.
7. Move to the opposite end of the light line, hold SHIFT and click a 2nd time. You should now have a gray line covering your light line.
8. Change the "line layer" opacity to 35% (or whatever else best matches the surrounding areas) and merge down.
In case there are some lighter or darker areas along the line - before you merge down, you can use burn and dodge tools in Midtone range and low exposure to darken or lighten the mismatched parts.
Just remember to switch back to RGB, afterwards, or you won't be able to use Topaz plugins.
Last edited by Gradonil_Ral; January 24, 2014 at 07:06 AM.
Do you know where can I find HQ raw?
Not for the current chapters, no. You'd need to find yourself a raw provider.