Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 444

Thread: Asspulls, plotholes, things you just don't get, and things that Kishi just hasn't gotten to yet. <3

  1. #31
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    683
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Asspulls, plotholes, things you just don't get, and things that Kishi just hasn't gotten to yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by darkprince0521 View Post
    the most ridiculous things to happen with this manga? well there are quite a few:
    6. Naruto having the ability to activate Full Biju mode for five minutes only at first. Not much time has passed, but he can keep it al night and day long while distribute chakra to the alliance who are thousands in number.

    i feel tired already. this is enough for now.
    With that mentioned, here my 2 cents to that:

    7. Naruto and Madara seem to have an infinity ammount of chakra.

  2. #32
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bradhimself's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    475
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Asspulls, plotholes, things you just don't get, and things that Kishi just hasn't gotten to yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by REN KOUEN View Post
    greatest asspull of all asspulls

    sasuke summoning a random hawk mid air during his battle with danzou

    that shit was just awesome

    I think I recall naruto doing the same with Gamabunta, If my memory serves correctly.
    You can't end a good party without someone on the floor.

  3. #33
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,869
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Asspulls, plotholes, things you just don't get, and things that Kishi just hasn't gotten to yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bradhimself View Post
    I think I recall naruto doing the same with Gamabunta, If my memory serves correctly.
    That's not true actually, he summoned the boss toad during his training with jiraiya By pumping as much of the Fox's chakra into the technique as he could at the time. Plus, we saw him get the contract and train with it.

    Sasuke up and pulled a Hawk out of nowhere. We have no idea where he got it, we Have no idea when he got it he just had it for that specifiic situation. It's not so much the fact that the animal itself was random but the contract. Kishimoto called attention to it through Obito, But it was never brought up again until these recent chapters.

    Hell, before The author decided to go with Fan-Service with the whole legendary three ninja next-generation bit, I totally thought it was going to be slug, toad, giant freaking bird. Lol

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #34
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,824
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Asspulls, plotholes, things you just don't get, and things that Kishi just hasn't gotten to yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by badluckartist View Post
    Specifically, only natural energy can harm someone who hosts the juubi. It's also probable that if a senjutsu-user (like Madara is now) becomes the juubi's jin, he won't have such a weakness. The juubi's jin just can't be harmed by conventional means, and requires senjutsu-powered attacks. Not sure what was wrong with that part- Enton FRS wasn't sage-powered. That rasengan was, so it did damage.
    Not really. Obito was avoiding damage due to specifically countering any attacks with his dust release, and then later on chakra negation. He didn't have any inherent immunity to non-senjutsu attacks, he could simply counter them more easily.

  6. #35
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rokkenjima
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Asspulls, plotholes, things you just don't get, and things that Kishi just hasn't gotten to yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by REN KOUEN View Post
    greatest asspull of all asspulls

    sasuke summoning a random hawk mid air during his battle with danzou

    that shit was just awesome

    Was obvious he gets one ever since the start of the series (Chapter 1)
    Of course, how he got it is different.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

  7. #36
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bradhimself's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    475
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Asspulls, plotholes, things you just don't get, and things that Kishi just hasn't gotten to yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    That's not true actually, he summoned the boss toad during his training with jiraiya By pumping as much of the Fox's chakra into the technique as he could at the time. Plus, we saw him get the contract and train with it.

    Sasuke up and pulled a Hawk out of nowhere. We have no idea where he got it, we Have no idea when he got it he just had it for that specifiic situation. It's not so much the fact that the animal itself was random but the contract. Kishimoto called attention to it through Obito, But it was never brought up again until these recent chapters.

    Hell, before The author decided to go with Fan-Service with the whole legendary three ninja next-generation bit, I totally thought it was going to be slug, toad, giant freaking bird. Lol
    I was talking about mid air summoning, not the means of the contract. Sorry should be more specific next time.
    You can't end a good party without someone on the floor.

  8. #37
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,076
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Asspulls, plotholes, things you just don't get, and things that Kishi just hasn't gotten to yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    Hell, before The author decided to go with Fan-Service with the whole legendary three ninja next-generation bit, I totally thought it was going to be slug, toad, giant freaking bird. Lol
    Same here. I kinda don't like the fact that Orochimaru correlates to Sasuke.

  9. #38
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,869
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Asspulls, plotholes, things you just don't get, and things that Kishi just hasn't gotten to yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    Same here. I kinda don't like the fact that Orochimaru correlates to Sasuke.
    Well given the fact that he was supposed to not be a snake anymore according to Kishimoto own metaphors, It doesn't really make all that much sense. but, you know, fan service. Orochimaru Was initially a means to an end. Sasuke was said to evolve from a snake to a hawk. What was the phrase "a snake will only learn what the sky feels like through the Talons of a hawk." (Paraphrasing, given the fact that I don't know the exact line
    Coming from his own mouth) I guess Sasuke is both.

  10. #39
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    338
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Asspulls, plotholes, things you just don't get, and things that Kishi just hasn't gotten to yet.

    About Naruto and his five minute time limit...

    I always thought the time limit applied to when Naruto fully transformed into the kyuubi. If he stays in human form but gets the enhanced chakra cloak (open seals all over his body), he can manipulate the chakra in that form for a far greater amount of time.

    And besides, each time he transforms, the duration he can stay transformed increases. I recall at least 3 times he transformed. The first against the bijuu. The second against Madara using Wood release after he joined Obito. The third against Juubito. It went from 5 to 8 minutes to I'm guessing 12 minutes by the third extension. And during the third transformation he got quite a bit of chakra from the Yin Kurama and Minato, so he probably could stay transformed for a far longer period.

    As for why Madara has never run out of chakra yet, I'm guessing it's because of he was Edo Tensei until recently. And when he was revived, well he was second to Hashiarma in battle so he would a huge chakra capacity. He's boosted by Hashirama's DNA so that would likely increase his chakra capacity and he has sage mode on top of that.

  11. #40
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Laif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    116
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Asspulls, plotholes, things you just don't get, and things that Kishi just hasn't gotten to yet.

    Well.. maybe it's time for Sasuke to use "that justu" LOL xD Remember.. when he first encounterd team 7 after the time skip?? Or did he used it and i don't recall?? Or Kishi has just forgotten about it..

  12. #41
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Country
    Pakistan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,120
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Asspulls, plotholes, things you just don't get, and things that Kishi just hasn't gotten to yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    That's not true actually, he summoned the boss toad during his training with jiraiya By pumping as much of the Fox's chakra into the technique as he could at the time. Plus, we saw him get the contract and train with it.

    Sasuke up and pulled a Hawk out of nowhere. We have no idea where he got it, we Have no idea when he got it he just had it for that specifiic situation. It's not so much the fact that the animal itself was random but the contract. Kishimoto called attention to it through Obito, But it was never brought up again until these recent chapters.

    Hell, before The author decided to go with Fan-Service with the whole legendary three ninja next-generation bit, I totally thought it was going to be slug, toad, giant freaking bird. Lol
    If we never saw him train for summoning the hawks that could not be called an ass pull. He was being trained by Oro for all the timeskip and we have seen nothing of his training , so unless you see his daily training sessions for all that time you can't call that an asspull.

    ---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Bradhimself View Post
    I was talking about mid air summoning, not the means of the contract. Sorry should be more specific next time.
    Midair summoning was demonstrated by Naruto too when he summoned Gamabunta

    ---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Laif View Post
    Well.. maybe it's time for Sasuke to use "that justu" LOL xD Remember.. when he first encounterd team 7 after the time skip?? Or did he used it and i don't recall?? Or Kishi has just forgotten about it..
    I believe we have seen it and it is called Kirin

  13. #42
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,462
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Asspulls, plotholes, things you just don't get, and things that Kishi just hasn't gotten to yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bradhimself View Post
    I was talking about mid air summoning, not the means of the contract. Sorry should be more specific next time.
    Wow, I never thought t'was possible to see the summoning ritual/seals when someone used the summoning jutsu in the mid air. Then does it also mean minato can tag in the mid air with his tag seals for his hiraishin? that's hilarious.

  14. #43
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,869
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Asspulls, plotholes, things you just don't get, and things that Kishi just hasn't gotten to yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark blood View Post
    If we never saw him train for summoning the hawks that could not be called an ass pull. He was being trained by Oro for all the timeskip and we have seen nothing of his training , so unless you see his daily training sessions for all that time you can't call that an asspull.
    So I guess one can't call the three-man flying thunder God an Ass pull either? I mean we didn't see their training so they could pull out anything. Hell, they could even pull out Rasengan, Or maybe Reaper death seal.

    The fact of the matter is, it was used in a situation in which it was needed. Absolutely no indication on where it came from or how Sasuke got it at all. The only thing that really made it okay was the simple fact the Kishimoto himself called attention to it through Obito. I found a kind of funny, I didn't call bullshit like most people when it happened. I'm not entirely sure, but isn't last chapter the second time we've seen that thing in a good four years? Because if my memory serves me correctly, the Danzo Fight was in 2010.

    Hell, if we go by that logic though, the same can be said for Naruto Pulling Rasengan Variations out the butt.

  15. #44
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Asspulls, plotholes, things you just don't get, and things that Kishi just hasn't gotten to yet.

    No one called asspull when Sasuke used Chidori Eisou against Orochimaru, and Orochimaru didn't know Sasuke could perform the jutsu. That was the first instance in the manga where Sasuke showed that he has the skill and drive to becoming a stronger ninja on his own, without guidance from others.

    This scene in the manga is important, because it lays the ground for what everyone is mistakenly calling an asspull: the Hawk summoning.

    We read that chapter expecting to see new MS techniques, but instead we saw a new summon. It surprised me because I thought a ninja could only have one summoning pact, but I didn't think it was an asspull because Sasuke had already shown us once already that he stockpiles new techniques and keeps them in hiding until the right time.

    So... what the hell is the problem?

  16. #45
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wonderland 8
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,028
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Asspulls, plotholes, things you just don't get, and things that Kishi just hasn't gotten to yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    So... what the hell is the problem?
    The problem for me wasn't him being able to make a contract with two summons. I just wondered where he managed to get the contract itself. It's not as though these things are just lying around for anyone to pick up. Summons are rare because of the necessity of making a contract and the seeming rarity of such things. Even now there are only a handful of contracts known; Monkey, Toad, Slug, Snake, Salamander, Dog, Spider, Tortoise, Weasel, and Hawk. The only one beyond the Hawk that wasn't shown as a legacy from master to student or one possessed by an experienced shinobi was Temari's rather random summoning of Kamatari, and the idea that she could've simply received such a contract from someone within Suna isn't strange, the same could probably be said of Kakashi's. Sasuke didn't have anyone around to provide such a thing, so he would've had to have simply found one during a rather short period of time. The question about Sasuke's use of the summon was how on earth did he just find such a contract?

New Reply
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts