Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 737 Discussion /738 Prediction

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 737 Spoiler Discussion

He might as well not be one of the strongest commanders of BB, maybe he was the strongest before the raid on Impel down where 4 monsters were released and took his side along with the monster that kept them inside for some of the time.
    My bet is also on Sabo winning and taking out Burgess while Diamante deals with Rebecca and Bartolomeo just so that the fight between Sabo and Diamante to get bigger proportions.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems odd though that Blackbeard would send Burgess if he was not confident that he could win though. They aren't playing for some petty or replacable prize, Ace's fruit is sort of a big deal and Blackbeard knows this first hand. Losing it may not be a giant blow to him since it's not as if the winner would definitely become a threat to him (he beat Ace at full power), but it seems like quite an asset to trust one of your average fighters to obtain. I think Sabo is simply THAT strong, a stronger fighter than even Blackbeard would have expected to show up at this tournament because Burgess is no joke.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Burgess' special move would be a punch. He looks like a lucha libre wrestler, some grapple like moves would be fitting.

Also, if my memory serves me right, these lucha libre wrestlers' moves look like they are taking damage but it will actually be the opposite, so it could be something similar to that
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SupremeMod's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by REN KOUEN View Post
    then again we hadnt seen a ton from burgess up to this point, so he was mainly hype "oh a member of the blackbeard pirates"

but we hadnt seen him fight that much, sure he handled A block with relative ease.... but he hasnt done enough to really impress us when you look back at his track record

not saying hes weak, just saying hes not exactly a superpower either
    Well, he isn't a Yonko, but he is BB's strongest guy. Just his position among the BB pirates alone should show that he's pretty strong.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

he isn't the strongest, just the guy holding the nickname "champion"
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SupremeMod's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If he isn't BB's number one, then who is?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

oh man, Cavendish got toy'd!

Hopefully Hakuba can still go on a rampage.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member TrueRaiKage's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Jesus is the 1st. Divison/fleet commander of bbs crew sure he's not weak......sabo was fired upon he ha s a scar on his eye....I'm willing to bet he has a special arm or halfbody from that explosion....he's probably advanced due to it

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RichardMNixon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SupremeMod View Post
    I think it's generally assumed to be Shiryuu.
    We don't know how BB's fleet is organized, his original four might have the first four numbers with the ID recruits given later numbers. Or perhaps some of them stay with BB while others, including Burgess, roam in satellite vessels.

cnet128's translation just calls Burgess "Captain of the Blackbeard Pirates' Number One Ship" which is less strength-oriented than the WB-like structure implied in other translations (though except for Marco, were they really even ranked? It wouldn't make much sense for the 2 spot to sit vacant rather than have Joz fill it).
    The Grain Pirates. Scourge of Spelt, Corsairs of Corn, Rogues of Rye, Buccaneers of Barley, the Freebooters of the Farmland.
    What reason is there to stop a man from sailing?

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea, we don't know would be the best answer.

I would say Lafitte seems like he could be... anyways all the people we saw at marinfold will have gained division captain status by now.

Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obamamania View Post
    It seems odd though that Blackbeard would send Burgess if he was not confident that he could win though. They aren't playing for some petty or replacable prize, Ace's fruit is sort of a big deal and Blackbeard knows this first hand. Losing it may not be a giant blow to him since it's not as if the winner would definitely become a threat to him (he beat Ace at full power), but it seems like quite an asset to trust one of your average fighters to obtain. I think Sabo is simply THAT strong, a stronger fighter than even Blackbeard would have expected to show up at this tournament because Burgess is no joke.
    You're so right. That and what hokageji wrote right underneath your post is true. However, I believe Burgess' purpose here is to show us how strong Sabo is (geez, people were guessing he's Admiral level). He'll get rid of that fat bastard and then clash in one on one with Hira Hira no Mi user and pull off a hard victory!

Just a little theory: We know, Aokiji is in these matters. Though in the course of plot we could forget Aokiji for now. What if he works with or for Revolutionary Army? What if he knew about who's coming to Dressrosa from RA? What if he knew Sabo from his cooperation with RA? And so what if he knew about him and Luffy - been told their past by Sabo and kind of decided on this outcome? Or partook in it? And told Blackbeard to send Burgess because he knew they would be able to beat him - not with ease but beat him?

Yeah, but this is one "what if" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SupremeMod View Post
    The one to clash with Zoro, I suppose. My bets on Shiryu of the Rain.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TrueRaiKage View Post
    Jesus is the 1st. Divison/fleet commander of bbs crew sure he's not weak......sabo was fired upon he ha s a scar on his eye....I'm willing to bet he has a special arm or halfbody from that explosion....he's probably advanced due to it
    Once again i never said he was weak, only that we didnt have much material on him

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S-H-I-G-U-R-E View Post
    Epic Sabo! I knew it! Honestly, I think Burgess < Don Chinjao, and since Sabo > Luffy it's easy to say that Sabo >> Burgess.
    you gotta be kidding me, no way burgess is < Don ChinJao.

Burgess is defnitely similar level to Luffy/Sabo/DD - not sure how you guys read manga...

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

Also, i still see posts where ppl think Daimente is equal level to Sabo/Burgess

Dude, Diamente is just Barto's LEVEL!!! YOU WILL KNOW SHORTLY!!

Also Cavendish is probably going to go to sleep as a toy, and accidentally help Ussop/Robin/ destroy Sugar/Trebol

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by obamamania View Post
    Agree with your analysis here. Blackbeard trust Burgess to easily take out ALL Competition, and Don Flamingo if necessary to get the fruit. Sabo is just a black swan element that even Blackbeard did not even predict.

Blackbeard even ask Burgess if it's ok if Kuzan can join their crew. If burgess was that weak after 2 yr time-skip, don't think a person like BB would even bother asking him.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Sabo being that strong, maybe he is only under Dragon within the revolutionaries.

I wonder if Kuzan will aid Burgess to get the mera mera no mi.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hachibukai View Post
    Sabo being that strong, maybe he is only under Dragon within the revolutionaries.
    I think people are probably way over reacting to the spoilers. From what he know Burgess attacked Sabo with one of his techniques that is some sort of a punch, which undoubtedly is one of his many techniques, and in return Sabo blocked it with one hand and then counterattacked which resulted in Burgess's armor on his right arm being broken. I don't see this being all that different from this incident. Zoro's attack got blocked and in the process of Fujutora's counter attack Zoro's sunglasses got broken. I think we can all agree that at this point in the manga some gladiator armor is about as effective of a weapon for battle as a pair of sunglasses. If anything this will just be a "feeling out" exchange between fighters to size up one another.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

21. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast