Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 737 Discussion /738 Prediction

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 737 Discussion /738 Prediction BREAK THIS WEEK

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Could happen, but I highly doubt it unless Rebecca will get character development throughout the rest of the arc.

It depends on how fast they are. Hakuba was fast enough that Rebecca couldn't completely dodge his attack. It is not an unique skill among the Straw Hats - Luffy and Sanji are two who are fast enough to dodge most attacks. Nami, Robin, and Usopp have also shown the ability to dodge attacks.

I like arguing/debating though, just a warning. So yeah, don't think I'm being rude or anything. ^^
    Ah, I agree that she would need a lot more character development. And about the dodging. Well, of course that's true that all of the Strawhats are very capable at dodging attacks, but certainly it isn't the trademark sign of any of them. However it already is hers, so with added development and skill boosts that she'd get in case she joins, I'd very much expect her to become the best at it among the Strawhats.

You bring up the fact that she failed at completely dodging the attack, but I think that probably isn't a good point to bring up. A scratch or a graze are methods from the writer to convey to the readers that somebody just avoided an attack that was really difficult to dodge. So the graze on her helmet is by my interpretation more of a sign that her dodging is superb than a complete miss would have been. The possible logic being that if it's that easy to dodge, it couldn't have been that fast an attack. The graze is precisely what conveys great dodging plus a difficult to dodge attack at the same time. It's a bit up to interpretation I guess, but I definitely wouldn't read it as a sign of her weakness at least.

I don't mind debating, don't worry, I'll take no offense.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Can someone tell me where the hell kinemon is???

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

You've read the chapter, we did read it too.Why do you ask when you already know that nobody will be able to give you a definite answer yet?
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

I just hope Sabo doesn't get the fruit. The reason for this is that he already came into the story in Ace's shadow. He was not a brother of Luffy or we didn't know about him until Ace died. If Sabo were to get the fruit, he would kind of become Ace #2, hurting both Ace's legacy and Sabo's. Sabo would be much better of with a different fruit or becoming like Raleigh over time. Having Ace power hurts his originality as the Fire Fire fruit was a part of Ace. NO TO SABO EATING IT! He can get it, just not eat it. He can give it to some other revolutionary. I would say Koala, but then fruits damage Fishman Karate.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ace4's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Please, if you think that Rebeccas fighting Style of dodging suits a Logia you're sooo wrong...

- Logia makes her larger so makes dodging harder.
    - Fire is an offensive ability and she wouldn't use it all
    - Logias reserved for super strong people is partly so, they are strong because of the Logia

So please discuss this topic in the thread for it and only chapter and plot related stuff :P

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

^i think sabo doesnt even intend to eat it. He wants to give it to someone who can inherit aces will.

This was meant for fastfonz
    Last edited by sameel; February 11, 2014 at 07:58 AM.

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sergei von Luckner View Post
    Ah, I agree that she would need a lot more character development. And about the dodging. Well, of course that's true that all of the Strawhats are very capable at dodging attacks, but certainly it isn't the trademark sign of any of them. However it already is hers, so with added development and skill boosts that she'd get in case she joins, I'd very much expect her to become the best at it among the Strawhats.
    I thought it usually was for Luffy, as he used speed to avoid most attacks when possible. Dodging alone doesn't make Rebecca stand out in any way, though. She will likely have to add more than that to the crew. Nor do I see her being faster than Luffy and Sanji, if we're talking about any means to dodge (speed and haki).

Quote Quote:
    You bring up the fact that she failed at completely dodging the attack, but I think that probably isn't a good point to bring up. A scratch or a graze are methods from the writer to convey to the readers that somebody just avoided an attack that was really difficult to dodge. So the graze on her helmet is by my interpretation more of a sign that her dodging is superb than a complete miss would have been. The possible logic being that if it's that easy to dodge, it couldn't have been that fast an attack. The graze is precisely what conveys great dodging plus a difficult to dodge attack at the same time. It's a bit up to interpretation I guess, but I definitely wouldn't read it as a sign of her weakness at least.

I don't mind debating, don't worry, I'll take no offense.
    I have said that Rebecca showed skill here when she was able to react and dodge for the most part, but she will probably go up against fast opponents and opponents who can use haki. If her speed isn't fast enough to overcome opponent's Color of Observation or Luffy's level of speed/reaction, Rebecca will be in trouble.

Given that she was the only one to dodge or react to it, I actually it as a sign of skill on her behalf. I don't like Rebecca, but she doesn't get enough credit here. Luck did come into play, but only when Hakuba went to sleep.

Good to know, since I feel I get too aggressive when I debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace4 View Post
    Please, if you think that Rebeccas fighting Style of dodging suits a Logia you're sooo wrong...

- Logia makes her larger so makes dodging harder.
    - Fire is an offensive ability and she wouldn't use it all
    - Logias reserved for super strong people is partly so, they are strong because of the Logia

So please discuss this topic in the thread for it and only chapter and plot related stuff :P
    Logias have difficulty dodging only when they're up against opponents who can use haki or find a way to hurt logia, like using seastone. If Rebecca doesn't come across Color of Armament users skilled enough to land a hit on her, she's good.

She's willing to kill Doflamingo. Shows she's not entirely a pacifist. If she knows the truth, then that explains why she isn't hurting the gladiators: she doesn't blame them for the hate, it's Doflamingo's fault. She's still likely willing to hurt bad people.

True. Ace was already a strong fighter before he consumed mera mera no mi, and he kept up his fighting abilities, as Blackbeard exclaimed. I'm playing the devil's advocate here though, since I'm bored.

Do we know who the swordsman in Doflamingo's army is? If there is none, I can see Zoro fighting Pica as a challenge, or Pica being knocked out without too much of a difficult fight, and Zoro facing a swordsman opponent from any enemy group.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.goodmanga.net/one_piece/chapter/737/8

What does rebecca do in this page? Does she get hit by the bull?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sameel View Post
    http://www.goodmanga.net/one_piece/chapter/737/8

What does rebecca do in this page? Does she get hit by the bull?
    She hit that horn (the sparky one) with her sword while going after the chain and slid under the fish IHMO.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Navigating in the New World is not as simple as following a single route. Luffy has not followed the log pose at all, yet. Punk Hazard was unlogged. Not even the "danger" needle pointed in that direction. They emerged from the ocean in an unusual place because of the whirlpool and whales, Punk Hazard happened to be the first island that they spotted. Risky Red, Raijin Island, and Mistria are the three islands that can be reached by log pose from Fishman Island. Smoker did not identify which was the "danger" island. Smoker happened to intercept the distress call Luffy responded to. If an enemy were simply to follow them from Fishman Island, guessing Luffy would take the most dangerous route, then they would never have found the Strawhats. If an enemy realized that Luffy had been on Punk Hazard, and decided to pursue, following the most dangerous route also would have led them in the wrong direction. The Strawhats did not follow the log pose at all to Dressrosa, but took a more "roundabout route". It was never stated whether Dressrosa was the most dangerous route, as it did not really effect the story.

Relying on a single needle would be "disastrous". The Strawhat's won't be able to only follow the most dangerous route as they travel.

^This is where the argument Violet joining the SH comes in, with her abilities Luffy can visit many more "unofficial" islands in NW.

I realized that I am merely a conscience programmed into a game.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I know all that though. I didn't mean one route to take, but there's one route to take and then three choices. I tried to be too short and concise, and combined with my laziness, misrepresented what I know is are facts. Doesn't everyone who leave the Fishman Island take one route to get to the New World and from there, one of the three routes to an island? I'm also going by the assumption that islands like Punk Hazard are pretty rare, so the Straw Hats would still likely choose the most dangerous route.

I'm not saying this is a foolproof theory, as we were proven otherwise an arc ago.
    If navigating the New World were that simple, someone would have made their way to Raftel by now. The idea seems to be that, unlike Paradise, taking a single route from beginning to end would be impossible. If Luffy only followed the most dangerous route they would probably reach a dead end, at some point. Very little has been revealed about navigating the New World. It's hard to speak in anything more than hypotheticals. Dressrosa is the first inhabited New World Island the Strawhats have visited.

After this saga, once Kaido is defeated, there is a good chance that Luffy becomes a target. At some point other crews will seek out the Strawhats. I imagine that if someone were looking for Luffy, they would be able to find him. Small crews either form alliances with big crews, or challenge them. Once the Strawhats defeat Kaido and his crew, they will be regarded as New World elite. At that point they will have allied crews, and they will have crews emerge to challenge them. At least one potential ally has emerged on Dressrosa.

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

I have said that Rebecca showed skill here when she was able to react and dodge for the most part, but she will probably go up against fast opponents and opponents who can use haki. If her speed isn't fast enough to overcome opponent's Color of Observation or Luffy's level of speed/reaction, Rebecca will be in trouble.
    She probably won't need to. Supporting character, not going to fight anyone elite.

Quote Quote:
    She's willing to kill Doflamingo. Shows she's not entirely a pacifist. If she knows the truth, then that explains why she isn't hurting the gladiators: she doesn't blame them for the hate, it's Doflamingo's fault. She's still likely willing to hurt bad people.
    Pacifist gladiator is an oxymoron. It is impossible to be a pacifist and participate in combat sports. Her fighting style simply took advantage of her opponents over aggression, and the environment. Clobbering someone in the middle of the arena is a waste of time. Her style ensured a one shot KO.

Quote Quote:
    Do we know who the swordsman in Doflamingo's army is? If there is none, I can see Zoro fighting Pica as a challenge, or Pica being knocked out without too much of a difficult fight, and Zoro facing a swordsman opponent from any enemy group.
    Diamante is the swordsman.

Quote Originally Posted by sameel View Post
    ^i think sabo doesnt even intend to eat it. He wants to give it to someone who can inherit aces will.

This was meant for fastfonz
    What is the basis for your opinion?

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    ^This is where the argument Violet joining the SH comes in, with her abilities Luffy can visit many more "unofficial" islands in NW.
    I thought Rebecca, Thunder Soldier, Bellamy, Wicca, Kinnemon and Momo were joining the crew. Violet is joining now too? The Sunny is going to get very crowded.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Lasix's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy - Captain
    Zorro - Swordsman
    Sanji - Cook
    Nami - Navigator
    Usopp - Sniper
    Chopper - Physician
    Franky - Shipwright
    Brook - Musician
    Robin - Archeologist
    Rebecca - the fearsome gladiator i can see some funny potential here

Even if she gets the Mera Mera and joins the crew I just hope that Sabo travels a little while with Luffy. It's about due we get some more info about Dragon and the Revolutionaries.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SHeeDeD's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi to all been a while....

* Rebecca is caward? I mean wtf seriously? are we in.. Nevermind.. I dont think so. i think that is what called being smart.
    *Burgess will eat or will take? I mean seriously does it matter? 'he is gonna take' it and take a picture with it! it does not matter whether some1 of BB's crew will eat or not. I'm referring to BB's speech.
    * Luffy got mashed by walls? WTF is this? is this even a real fight? u cant hit Luffy with objects unless they are sharp or covered/embody with CoA . and for Zero he will just have to slice it up.

I think Zero is a better opponent for DD than luffy to DD.

Next chapter: we will c sanji. and we will c the Admiral doing some citizens saving.

Far future: Cavendish will like Luffy due to making Cavendish a person again. I mean he will eventually know that Luffy or the SHs were the one who saved him.
    We will see some funny moments to epicly funny moment by Usopp interacting with the fairies/dwarves.

Last piece, since this county is one of the ancients Robin will find an ancient stone(poneglyph) contain some really exciting knows for us but for her it's known.

Kid and his alliance will be here soon on Dressrosa.

Big mom will be taken down this arc.

and that ramps the whole chapter short and ez. SHORT yeah right.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting the feeling that Zoro will tell Luffy to go on ahead while he deals with Pica, although he might double team him with Kin'emon. I don't know if this is a new challenge for Zoro since he already learned how to cut steel. This seems like a step backwards.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

My problem with Rebecca is aesthetics. Her character design is too plain. Yes she is in a colosseum but other people in the colosseum have more interesting design. She wears plain scantily clad clothing, no interesting ability, and has a semi-linear poor princess narrative. Someone like Boney is more interesting but she has her own crew. To me it is not about how strong they are but about how interesting the character is and what inventive abilities they will have. However Oda could resort to interesting guy characters and women with big breast like other manga writers but hopefully he keeps being better than that. Lately Oda has made various female royalty members have observation haki.

Oda could add color to Rebecca over time and build her into a more three dimensional character but currently she seems too nice and simple to be a pirate and/or join the crew. Violet is a bit better since there is like to be cunning and there is some intrigue, but it would just just lead to Sanji fathering a child. DD already thought that Violet would make a better pirate. Having a child in the crew would be ok, but it seems harder to get to the One Piece with a baby on board. However Sanji could just act like a pirate and leave her pregnant with child. I imagine that what Sanji was thinking when Violet was reading his mind was probably RXXXMA^2 rated.
    Last edited by fastfonz; February 11, 2014 at 09:41 PM.

New Reply
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast