Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Claymore Science

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner StarPirate's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 146 Discussion / 147 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    i disagree with you , there world is almost nothing like ours , just because some things are "similar" means nothing , for all we know they follow a different set of "science" as the MiB seem to have some level of "science" due to them apparently never dieing of old age.

And for the Raki and twins thing he said "if we clash in mid air, THEORY states that the lighter one will get blown back" that has nothing to do with our physics.
    but then again they have gravity on the Claymore world so that must mean they have all the same rules as this world...right
    Yeah, i agree that Claymore world is too odd to be 100% like us.

In our world a body has a certain density and volume: If Priscilla is only SO dense and occupies only SO much space and keeps loosing limbs and creating them from herself, either shes just absorbing something like water in the air at a space vacuum speed to fill new limbs, ir she'd be insanely heavy to regenerate eternally...

No one knows for sure why we yawn, or why we sleep, but we know matter is never created and energy only changes forms. unlike like AB's can. In Claymore-verse Cassandra = AB Casandra ??? where did the rest of her come from? any of em' ABs anyaywas.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StarPirate View Post
    Yeah, i agree that Claymore world is too odd to be 100% like us.

In our world a body has a certain density and volume: If Priscilla is only SO dense and occupies only SO much space and keeps loosing limbs and creating them from herself, either shes just absorbing something like water in the air at a space vacuum speed to fill new limbs, ir she'd be insanely heavy to regenerate eternally...

No one knows for sure why we yawn, or why we sleep, but we know matter is never created and energy only changes forms. unlike like AB's can. In Claymore-verse Cassandra = AB Casandra ??? where did the rest of her come from? any of em' ABs anyaywas.
    Well, considering that Yoki is what´s triggering the transformation, my theory behind their ability to create awakened forms, is the same like cancer cells.

Mind you that awakened ones can´t die from natural causes and they can survive insane injuries.

Cancer cells are the only type of cells that can divide indefinitely and create excessive mass if nourished. Yoki is the fuel for this process in awakened beings and if the cells lives on this then it makes perfect sense of why the awakened ones can become that big... it´s not shapeshifter baggage.
    In a way, the awakened ones, and claymores in general, are walking cancer tumors with an appetite for fresh, uninfected cells to replenish their energy.
    Priscilla is the exception in that she has so much yoki, (energy) that she can accelerate it to instant levels.
    Claymores are also in a way, a experimental vaccine against these cancers, as they like to believe, but in the end, they are bio-weapons meant to become cancers themselves.

So to the question of "why doesn´t the awakened ones weigh a lot more?"
    Well, the explanation is simple, and disturbing.
    They are not "Reverting" to human forms i the traditional way...
    But their bodies are in fact cannibalizing on themselves whenever they need to assume human form.
    The monstrous shapes are not hidden out of sight, but are essentially eaten until the cancer body grows it back out when required.
    So they are just as light as human beings when in human forms through this act of self-cannibalism.
    Another evidence of this is that Priscilla shrunk to a child´s form when she didn´t ate any guts for the seven years she spent with Raki... meaning that her body lived on herself and yoki to make due until she snapped and reclaimed her adult form after she ate anything but Raki in her path.
    (She ate Alicia... Beth... chomped on Riful "She was saying that it wouldn´t be tasty but she did it anyway"... Villagers...)

To get an idea of what I am talking about, watch "Akira" and the "Mutation" scene.
    That sums up this theory and might provide an idea of what it looks like when a awakened one shift form.
    And the soundtrack is rather fitting...

So there you have it, The yoki-using beings are using the power of cancer and yoki to shapeshift, and eradicate any excessive weight.
    And I doubt cutting the head of Priscilla is even going to work... She will just grow out a new body from the decapitated neck.

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

that is a mildly acceptable answer but still you are using things from our world to try and explain theres.

but you do seem to have some good answers so i will ask you this. how can you use our world to explain the 3 Warriors coming back to life? how did Prissys arm allow 3 corpses(2 of which are have i assume been dead for a very long time) to start moving again, and even allowed for the reconstruction of memory cells(which are not apart of the bodys "original" blue print they are something a person would have acquired through out there life)

2-4 more days until the new chapter cant wait.

---------- Post added at 06:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 AM ----------

Could you also explain how Roxanne is able to "steal" ability and power ? how dose her "cancer powered" body allow her to do that?
    Last edited by number12michael; January 29, 2014 at 07:51 AM.
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

that is a mildly acceptable answer but still you are using things from our world to try and explain theres.

but you do seem to have some good answers so i will ask you this. how can you use our world to explain the 3 Warriors coming back to life? how did Prissys arm allow 3 corpses(2 of which are have i assume been dead for a very long time) to start moving again, and even allowed for the reconstruction of memory cells(which are not apart of the bodys "original" blue print they are something a person would have acquired through out there life)

2-4 more days until the new chapter cant wait.

---------- Post added at 06:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 AM ----------

Could you also explain how Roxanne is able to "steal" ability and power ? how dose her "cancer powered" body allow her to do that?
    Challenge accepted

1. Death and resurrection
    First thing to remember, the three resurrected ones are not humans. and they did not decay over all that time. Meaning that anything with yoki in it won´t degenerate to cellular collapse. Unless of course, they never were dead to begin with...
    To understand this, we have to remember that warriors and awakened can take a mountain worth of punishment and the claymores are limited to human shapes and the limitations that follow...(heart, head), but as well they drain properties of cancer, they also work like uranium rods in a nuclear reactor. This is the principle behind the Yoki in their bodies, as it´s common knowledge that the spent rods emits radioactivity long after they are gone and that the outer shell doesn´t hold forever. The breakdown can be compared to awakening when the warriors lose control and the reactor explodes.
    Due to the ability to not decompose from the cancer-like bodies, the corpses are reduced to suspended animation through yoki fallout long after the heart stopped and their pulse ceased....the problem that we have when it comes to store these spent rods in a place that would hold.

So in a way, and since these three didn´t awaken before they got shut down, what happened could be compared to putting new rods in their reactors and they were good to go again.
    And of course, if anyone would recommission a out of service reactor after a considerable amount of time, then of course the cracks and flaws would show up the longer they ran for full power. Leading to the three resurrected ones inevitable awakening (even though Cassandra willingly blew hers apart to settle the score, the others were accidental.)
    Remember, Dae intended those three to awaken, so this was inevitable.

Simple as that.

2. Donor and energy preservation:
    Same theory, If Priscilla is a cancertumor run by a nuclear reactor, then her arm was essentially just a pair of the new rods to drive the yoki reactors that lacked them. She had enough power to kick start and run the bodies again. Problem was that they held so much power that the bodies couldn´t handle it and resulted in a nuclear breakdown that resulted in full scale cancer development through the released radiation.

3. Yoki and memory:
    In order to control yoki through willpower, the yoki itself most be converted and assimilated with the neuroelectric fields and pulses that are the true nature of our memories. If this is taken in consideration, then it makes perfect sense to why they could remember their lives and sorrows perfectly as they did. And since Yoki is universal (I am calling it that.) It would be, like uranium, no difference on where the source was since yoki is all it takes to drive the body of a yoki-using being again. And since it´s merged with the neuroelectrical fields, then it would be able to restore and take over the original mind if given chance.
    This is the only way yoki would be able to get under control by willpower as it´s connected to the user´s mind and soul on a similar energy wavelength.

4.Roxanne´s "Love and Hate":
    (This is just my theory.)
    Roxanne was infected with Toxoplasma gondii before her hybridization.
    (It´s a amoeba parasite usually found in rodents or felines.)
    The parasite itself alters the behavior of the rodent host to seek up and complete the cycle in the digestive system of a common cat, only to repeat it again.
    Infection can occur if:
    1.One eat raw or undercooked meat containing the cysts of it.
    2. By ingesting water, soil, vegetables or anything that been in contact with the parasite.
    3.From a blood transfusion or a organ transplant
    4.or transmission from mother to fetus if mother been infected during pregnancy.

In humans, the parasite produces a enzyme that causes the carrier to be more susceptible or intensity to numerous affective, psychiatric and neurotic disorders.
    (Narcissistic personality disorder is in the list of the Psychiatric ones.)
    It is theorized that this parasite causes also mood changes.

Since Roxanne was infected either during or before the operation, this parasite was fused with her yoki and her, resulting in the foundation for the ability that would be known as "Love and Hate"

To explain the full nature of this parasitic ability:
    Due to the original parasite´s life-cycle, it needs a host to reproduce and in nature it would make rodents bolder and fearless of predators for the sole purpose of being eaten and complete the cycle inside a feline...
    Roxanne is the Rodent part in this.
    Since her mind been altered by this parasite, she would instinctively seek out "stronger"/(Dangerous) individuals whenever she laid eyes on them. She, like the rodents, would be incredibly bold to walk right up and seek to complete her cycle as the yoki would urge her to. This is the Love stage
    But since she isn´t a rodent and the stronger half isn´t a feline, complications shows up and assume human perspectives on it. Meaning that she would have to try other means to get inside the other one without being conventionally eaten... (And considering that she is almost confirmed to be a "Psycho lesbian/stalker" One can safely assume that she tried everything to complete this urge of completion that the parasite aspect of her yoki wanted.
    In the end, the best solution was Yoki synchronization. The parasite part of her wanted to get inside, to be made whole, to be completed by its natural urge just like any other creature, (But being a bitch was none of its blame, that was all Roxanne´s human side.)
    It failed of course but the human side of Roxanne saw the potential in what just happened, even if she didn´t fully understand it herself as the parasite, in its desperate attempts, had managed to get inside the receiver and copied with its mind and yoki. (as the two are merged with each other in everything yoki-based.)
    Meaning that Roxanne could use the technique...(ugly sword) through muscle memory once the parasite half of her returned after the failed attempt to complete the cycle. All she had to do was to stay close to the one she infected.
    (How she infected her targets? Body fluids, saliva in particular would work...)
    And once she began to "Hate" the target, she had it killed and the parasite part of her waited until another predator showed up and triggered the compulsive need Roxanne had to be completed.
    It moved on all the way until she tried to snatch Cassandra´s spot, and we all recall what Roxanne felt for her on the first impression when she laid eyes on Cassandra.

"Roxanne was completely captivated by Cassandra. She had never before felt such intense affection and craving"

Well... Now we know why.

Being number one, Cassandra was "The top predator" and the toxiplasma parasite in human form obviously did what it always did...
    Like a rodent drawn to a cat, she walked right up to Cassandra and confessed her Love boldly and almost suicidal.
    And we all know what happened from there... only that this time, it was the human part of Roxanne that rejected Cassandra before the love and hate was completed...
    And the rest was just her being the Alpha bitch she is...

But I do suspect that the bond between her and Cassandra never faded away. Since Roxanne apparently never used Love and Hate again, (No new tricks upon her resurrection.)
    And this might been her downfall?

(Crazy theory coming up...?)
    What if some part of Roxanne really and truly, loved Cassandra? (the Love and Hate parasite that is...)
    And that the reason she picked number 35 (that Cassandra befriended.) Was that Roxanne (both human and parasite half of her) went full on Yandere mode on seeing Cassandra happy and fully went through with her plan to assassinate Cassandra from there?
    (I would like to see that, Roxanne hesitating and dragging out the plan due to inner conflict with herself until she sees the two happy comrades and then goes... Through with it.)
    Maybe that´s one of the reasons to why she didn´t lifted a single finger to help 35.
    (Now I am going MWG here...)

Either way, Roxanne was still connected with Cassandra and by killing her, she locked her "Love and Hate" away since it hadn´t been able to assimilate the "Dust-Eater" or return back to Roxanne´s human side yet. Meaning that She stopped to adapt and died from a broken soul.

Even seeing her in the resurrected state later would support that they had some kind of bond between them... since she and Cassandra obviously was on good terms enough to cut down the rebels in close proximity to each other without discomfort....
    Another thing I noticed when I read the chapters involving these two...

Notice what is going on here...
    Hysteria is fighting Miria...
    Cassandra is going against three single digits and is having problems...
    Roxanne... She one-shot the twins and spends almost all of her time on the battlefield to...
    ...ogle Cassandra.
    (If that is not subtext about their bond then I don´t know what is...)
    I am serious!
    Roxanne was just standing there, looking around every once in a while and spent most of her time checking Cassandra out without any concern for the twins at all.

Her "Love and Hate" was still in effect. No matter how much she tried to deny it, she was still in "Love" with Cassandra.

It might been possible that Cassandra felt this bond too...
    Considering that the first thing she does when she sees Roxanne is blushing and looking the other way.
    And then we haven´t even started on what happened after the awakening...

Notice the behavior change in Cassandra when she is up against Roxanne.
    And then we get.... This...

Look at their faces... no, look at Cassandra´s face in the second link.
    It can´t become more obvious than this!!!!

I personally think, from seeing this and based on every action I seen this far, I think that Cassandra is in fact a Tsundere.
    (Type B: the Dere)
    (And before anyone start shouting "Objection" at me, let´s go through the checklist...
    Sweet and kind. [Her default mode] Check.
    Having a hidden violent side. [Brutally going to murder Roxanne for what she had done?] Check.
    Having no idea how to handle love or affection. [Roxanne´s affection and 35´s friendlier attitude after the emergency rescue?] Double check.
    Going into a "Violent overprotective girlfriend" mode if her "Love interest" (Love is more than physical love, friendship goes under the same category.) is hurt?
    [Oh boy... That´s what caused her death in the first place] Big Check.)

And Roxanne is the only person that can bring out her "Tsun" side.
    (Notice, she actually return to her usual "Dere" self once Roxanne is gone.)
    And the rest of the fight was essentially a catfight between a Yandere and a Tsundere who tried to work out their frustration on each other.

But back to the "Love and Hate" as I have wandered off from the topic...

The final evidence of this parasitic symbiosis... is Roxanne´s "death."
    Look at how calm she is the moment she is about to be eaten.
    And I think the reason for that, is that in her mind, the parasite side of her finally got what it wanted.
    Roxanne was finally made whole when Cassandra, a "cat" (as 35 called her.) devoured Roxanne, the rodent, and completed the toxoplasma gondii´s life cycle.
    Thus marking a end on Roxanne as she fulfilled her role as carrier for the Love and Hate...

But since she is the parasite, this leaves plenty of room for horrifying implications...
    If this is the case, then Cassandra is now infected by "Roxanne" and since I doubt, (I really do doubt this) that awakened ones even "shit" at all, The "Love and Hate" parasite would have to start the cycle over in a vastly different way...
    Meaning that she have to assume direct control over Cassandra and drive her to a even stronger predator to be eaten and continue the cycle...

But since Cassandra is one of the strongest Abyssal ones in the story...(Yes, I stand by that statement and I won´t budge about it.) Then finding something stronger than her would be incredibly difficu... Oh isn´t that Priscilla standing over there?

To summarize...
    "Love and Hate" is a yoki parasite that allows the user to copy skills through muscle memory and the bond between the user and the parasitic half of the yoki. The "Love and Hate" is the result of a parasite infection of a mind-altering protozoan.

(Wow, this turned out to be a long post...)
    Last edited by Nanozom; January 29, 2014 at 10:39 AM.

6. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore Science

Amazing post!!

i agree with the Resurrection part, the nuclear reactor metaphor really makes sense when talking about Yoki. i never thought of it that way. so it would make sense that Dae was "patching the cracks and holes" in the reactor when he was filling them with "new rods" ! But nuclear reactors when they "blow" dont get stronger they become destroyed so the only issue i have is if a warrior is like a reactor being fulled by "yoki" what happens when it over loads and they awaken why are they not destroyed instead they become and even stronger reactor?
    Also Warriors do need to eat(not very much and they can go a long time without it but it is required)
    same with awakened beings if they dont eat then they run out of energy...remember Lucy was so weak after her battle with Isely that she was un able to take her awakened form- i assume if she ate say a village worth of people she would gain that energy back..

But the only flaw i see with your "love hate" theory is it all stands on the basis that Roxanne was infected with a parasite(which we have never been told about within the story)

But if like you say she was infected, i dont see how she would have two sides (human and parasite) as the parasite would take over the host.(like you said it would to Cassandra) i think its more likely that Roxanne herself was the parasite, she was not infected by anything but rather her personality was that of a parasite(she was weak N35 and absorbed the power and strength of stronger warriors inorder to make herself stronger...so i dont think she leaves anything inside of the warriors she "loves" but i do think it requires a psychological bond with the other person...then again it said she "stole all of her beautiful sword techniques" which makes me think she did it without the N5's consent.

But it dose kinda make sense that Roxanne would want Cassy to eat her as that is the best way to infect Cassandra(that would allow Roxanne to take over Cassandras body once that body has been weakened) And Roxannes last words "keep eating shit for the rest of your life"-Shit being those with ranks lower then N1 could be Roxanne wanting to gain more and more power through Cassandra(imagine if Cassandra ate parts of prissy that would give the "parasite" a large food and power source.)

I do think once Cassandra died(her mind fully vanishing leaving nothing but a empty husk/corpse) Roxanne will take control and reform- i also believe her awakened form was intended to be "fragile" to make it easyer for her to be eaten

and just to clear it up i dont think there are "two" beings inside of Roxanne there is only Roxanne(who is the parasite) when she awakened she became a perfect parasite.

I dont think "love" has to really do with any of it as i said earlyer she STOLE the ability of the N5 and by that time people already knew of her creepy background so i doubt the N5 would hang around a warrior who was know to have really close friends die and not care-plus by then everyone knew that she used the ability of the last warrior she "loved and hated"

when Cassandra said "it was something that was unbecoming of Roxanne.....the blades of evil" that shows that Roxanne was aware that the ability of that N31 was a better counter to the Dust eater then her much more beautiful sword technique that she got from the N5 so its not like she had to use only 1 ability she choose's to use the "best" ability but will use an older one if it is much more suited.

Also more on topic do you think its possible that the MiB used there "science" to infuse there own flesh with Yoki to stop decay ?
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Amazing post!!

i agree with the Resurrection part, the nuclear reactor metaphor really makes sense when talking about Yoki. i never thought of it that way. so it would make sense that Dae was "patching the cracks and holes" in the reactor when he was filling them with "new rods" ! But nuclear reactors when they "blow" dont get stronger they become destroyed so the only issue i have is if a warrior is like a reactor being fulled by "yoki" what happens when it over loads and they awaken why are they not destroyed instead they become and even stronger reactor?
    Also Warriors do need to eat(not very much and they can go a long time without it but it is required)
    same with awakened beings if they dont eat then they run out of energy...remember Lucy was so weak after her battle with Isely that she was un able to take her awakened form- i assume if she ate say a village worth of people she would gain that energy back..

But the only flaw i see with your "love hate" theory is it all stands on the basis that Roxanne was infected with a parasite(which we have never been told about within the story)

But if like you say she was infected, i don´t see how she would have two sides (human and parasite) as the parasite would take over the host.(like you said it would to Cassandra) i think its more likely that Roxanne herself was the parasite, she was not infected by anything but rather her personality was that of a parasite(she was weak N35 and absorbed the power and strength of stronger warriors in order to make herself stronger...so i don´t think she leaves anything inside of the warriors she "loves" but i do think it requires a psychological bond with the other person...then again it said she "stole all of her beautiful sword techniques" which makes me think she did it without the N5's consent.

But it dose kinda make sense that Roxanne would want Cassy to eat her as that is the best way to infect Cassandra(that would allow Roxanne to take over Cassandras body once that body has been weakened) And Roxannes last words "keep eating shit for the rest of your life"-Shit being those with ranks lower then N1 could be Roxanne wanting to gain more and more power through Cassandra(imagine if Cassandra ate parts of prissy that would give the "parasite" a large food and power source.)

I do think once Cassandra died(her mind fully vanishing leaving nothing but a empty husk/corpse) Roxanne will take control and reform- i also believe her awakened form was intended to be "fragile" to make it easier for her to be eaten

and just to clear it up i don´t think there are "two" beings inside of Roxanne there is only Roxanne(who is the parasite) when she awakened she became a perfect parasite.

I don´t think "love" has to really do with any of it as i said earlier she STOLE the ability of the N5 and by that time people already knew of her creepy background so i doubt the N5 would hang around a warrior who was know to have really close friends die and not care-plus by then everyone knew that she used the ability of the last warrior she "loved and hated"

when Cassandra said "it was something that was unbecoming of Roxanne.....the blades of evil" that shows that Roxanne was aware that the ability of that N31 was a better counter to the Dust eater then her much more beautiful sword technique that she got from the N5 so its not like she had to use only 1 ability she choose's to use the "best" ability but will use an older one if it is much more suited.

Also more on topic do you think its possible that the MiB used there "science" to infuse there own flesh with Yoki to stop decay ?
    1. Power increase and why the awakened done is stronger than the claymore stage.

If going by the rector metaphor, then then purpose of said reactors is to contain and keep the energy below durable levels, meaning that it isn´t on full power and the claymores can regulate the output of power that can be created from it. (30% 50% 70% etc...) but that is based on what they are fully capable off. Meaning that when the reactor break the radioactivity or yoki within it will go at 100% at all times, meaning that the force no longer will be constrained or dampened like in the claymore stage. And they are at that point insane shapeshifting masses of cancer at that point, free from their cocoons that held their true power back in the Claymore stage.
    They won´t be reactors anymore but actual living beings, "mutants" driven by yoki and the cores as it moves around in pursuit for food.

And I didn´t say that the warriors didn´t eat at all, since they are still using human digestive systems to run their bodies, but considering that they are in a way, walking cancertumors that run on yoki and their bodies, then they would have to eat to nourish themselves while their yoki feeds the cancermass inside them until the end.
    This aspect was what drained Lucietta in her fight with Isley as it wasn´t about regulating power as much as providing enough nourishment to the body to remain stable. As they still have a survival instinct through the merging of yoki and mind, meaning that the yoki itself will regulate to assure survival of the individual.
    common sense.

Summary: The claymore stage and the "reactor" is a means of control and also a containment unit for the yoki within. Awakening destroys this shell and release the creature that the claymore drawn power from.

2. Roxanne´s true nature.

I do agree with that Roxanne evolved to her parasite stage by her own accord, but put forth the biological facts behind the parasite to explain how her powers and abilities and even mindset worked.
    So to speak.

Considering the synchronization aspect, it might be possible that she went stalker and copied through tracking the nerve impulses in the targets body to let her own yoki replicate the muscle memory. Love might just make it a lot easier and provide a excuse for her to stay close until her mind memorized the pattern and learnt to utilize it fully as one aspect of her praised the "perfect" memory that her skill required to track down all these details and remember them.

So the scenario here might not be that Roxanne wasn´t infected with the toxoplasma gondii... but became this type of parasite due to the yoki´s ability to shape and alter the human form to reflect the mind ruling it for top efficient usage.

Agree, her metallic shell was just that, a shell to allow the digestion and assimilation of her true form.

That is called adaption... and the reason to why Roxanne could raise in the ranks in the first place. meaning that she does whatever necessary and also knows what would be required for each situation. similar to her Abyssal fight with Cassandra which seemed as she threw in the towel on purpose for her true agenda that she hid under false pretenses.

She is still alive as a parasite is really hard to get rid off once it take form.
    3. The longevity of the MiB

The reason for the durability seen in the handlers and the Organization´s men, is simple...

Yoki-blood transfusions.

My guess is either one of two options:

1: Yoma blood transfusion.

2: Claymore blood Transfusion.

I vote for the second option, due to the decreased risk it would impose on the receiver. If yoma, the risk to be infected by the parasite that causes the condition remains and the original form breaks down in suspended death after a set amount of time. If the blood came from claymores, then it would already been "filtered" and purified from the yoma parasite. But since a claymore transmutation requires both blood and flesh infused with yoki, the Mib would not acquire a yoki aura as they are in the essence "Half-bloods" through blood and not flesh. They would still get the benefits such as longevity, increased resistance to pain and youth of the state their bodies first recieved the transfusion without emitting auras on their own. Depending on the concentration and the dosage, more or less extravagant abilities might develop in the human host.
    I suspect the assigned handlers got a stronger dose that would allow them to develop a "sixth sense", the weakest form of yoki perception, to track down their assigned claymores to deliver the missions as there are no signs that the claymores get rendezvous orders between the missions and if we recall, Louvre managed to find Raphaela after her exile and without any help at all.
    Another aspect is what Dae proved to us with his mere appearance and death. One, that his body could still function even when dismembered and reduced to a torso... two, he could walk around with his face injury without any indication of pain, or seemed worried in the slightest that his exposed eyeball would dry up as it usually would in any other situation. meaning that the weak trail of yoki from repeated blood transfusions kept his eye fresh and his body in a state of a Offensive warrior´s, allowing it to seal off the veins to prevent a loss of blood when ripped to pieces.
    Another aspect seen by these transfusions seems to be a lack of emotional response in those that had it. Or it could be just them.

Of course, this is not without any risks as blood types can accidentally lump together and kill the receiver that way, meaning that the handler and claymore is bound to each other through shared blood in order for a specific handler to both track that one claymore without being sensed and to have a source of blood to replenish their long life and youth from as I suspect most of the people in the Organization are older than they look.

So they never went so far as to implant the flesh of yoki inside their bodies as that would create the male awakened like those seen with Anastasia... They simply had blood transfusions to achieve a fragment of the power that yoki could provide with minimum risks and all benefits.
    Since if they can create bio-engineered monsters, and keep Dragonkin sedated at all times, a simple blood transfusion is a piece of cake for them.
    Last edited by Nanozom; January 29, 2014 at 11:46 AM.

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member littleangel's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

i disagree with you , there world is almost nothing like ours , just because some things are "similar" means nothing , for all we know they follow a different set of "science" as the MiB seem to have some level of "science" due to them apparently never dieing of old age.

And for the Raki and twins thing he said "if we clash in mid air, THEORY states that the lighter one will get blown back" that has nothing to do with our physics.
    but then again they have gravity on the Claymore world so that must mean they have all the same rules as this world...right
    If we didn't advance that much in science to know the exact thing, it doesn't mean it is impossible.. And cancer tells you that your theory is laughable.. Cancer cells are immortal if they have enough nutrients.. We still don't even know much about cancers and their behaviors.. Yet if you go back to 1950 and say we cracked the human DNA sequence and started genomic studies, they would send you to a mental institution.. Same here.. So don't look at science fiction as if it not that much of a fiction as impossible, because we will get there in time.. And greatest examples that people if not for the high medical knowledge would've died like asthmatics, CHF patients, Pulmonary distress syndrome and many many others.. This back in time would've been something unthinkable of.

---------- Post added at 02:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

Ok will read the long posts tomorrow but just this little info:
    Quote Quote:
    and even allowed for the reconstruction of memory cells
    Memories are stored in the synapse between neurons not in cells.. If the CNS was preserved well then although impossible to us, but who knows maybe there figured out something we still don't know..

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry your right angel

I shall stop posting for my stupidity shows through to much when i post i guess

You will like Nano's posts they are really good.(the metaphor of nuclear reactors is really good, i had never thought of it that way before he said it)
    Last edited by number12michael; January 29, 2014 at 06:34 PM.

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

NO NO NO NO.. You are thinking in a right way.. Never say that to yourself ever again.. Everyone thinks based on his experiences, feelings, etc. That doesn't make you less on anything.. And if you didn't ask and say all these, then how would we have thought even about this part about the biology of Claymores.. You opened a new path in this!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner StarPirate's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@number12mitchael: you got one of the coolest sigs, but my favorite is whoever had the one with helen, miria, and deneve "oh !!!!! its a lion, get in the car" toon.

@nanozom:the abysal cancer is a good idea, and it can work, its just that the cells have to have something like air pockets to formulate that mass. and its possible, even a bouncy castle made of inflated nylon is heavy enough to suffocate a person... so if Cassandras tentacles are lightning fast, it could work if they are composed of supper light and poly-carbon like material. inflated and sharp, a tough macys parade ballon edge can decapitate (speed + density all over mass).

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks Angel

pirate- yeah i remember that picture as well was quite funny, miria's face in it was so funny

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Nano.. Sorry but even for me it's too much science.. I think I need a simplified version of it.. Because my head went spinning and I'm on vacation so I'm trying no to use my brain as much as possible.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleangel View Post
    Nano.. Sorry but even for me it's too much science.. I think I need a simplified version of it.. Because my head went spinning and I'm on vacation so I'm trying no to use my brain as much as possible.
    Sure, address the topics that need simplification and I will shorten them for you.
    List them.

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

All? Does that count as a list?

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleangel View Post
    All? Does that count as a list?
    All?
    (Sigh)
    Fine.

1. Awakened beings use the same principle as cancer to get their bodies when fueled by yoki and guts. When they revert to human form, they eat the awakened body until it grows back out when needed. Also, yoki merge with the mind and memory and act like uranium rods in a nuclear reactor while inside the body.

2. Roxanne is parasite themed and alive through yoki.

3. Organization´s men are using yoki blood transfusions to prolong their lives and become difficult to kill easily.

Was that all?

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast