Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Claymore Science

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore Science

Quote Originally Posted by Nanozom View Post
    All?
    (Sigh)
    Fine.

1. Awakened beings use the same principle as cancer to get their bodies when fueled by yoki and guts. When they revert to human form, they eat the awakened body until it grows back out when needed. Also, yoki merge with the mind and memory and act like uranium rods in a nuclear reactor while inside the body.

2. Roxanne is parasite themed and alive through yoki.

3. Organization´s men are using yoki blood transfusions to prolong their lives and become difficult to kill easily.

Was that all?
    Blown... my... mind...
    Good work.

Not sure about 3, but still a solid theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
    Until (or should I say, unless) Yagi tells us otherwise, it could go either way. It's his story, afterall... so logic doesn't mean squat. But for argument's sake, assuming Yagi hasn't entirely given up on plot development, I'd prefer logic to... whim.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member metalia's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Claymores are inmortal. Well, they are certainly not immortal, but what I mean is that they are not inmune to aging. They age, as we have seen little trainees growing up to become warrior women. Why do you guys think they won't become oldwomen in the future?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by metalia View Post
    I don't think Claymores are inmortal. Well, they are certainly not immortal, but what I mean is that they are not inmune to aging. They age, as we have seen little trainees growing up to become warrior women. Why do you guys think they won't become oldwomen in the future?
    The trainees growing up is no surprise, the Claymore stops aging when they reach maturity and the peak of their physical condition.
    The thoery that they are immortal is based on the fact that the source material the Asakaram don´t age to the point of their bodies breaking down from "old age" as it´s called.
    Hence to why the Claymores are forever young and at the peak of their physical condition forever.
    They don´t decay.
    Evident by that Dae could have the perfect bodies of the three number ones in his lab that died god knows how many decades ago and they were still in their prime condition.
    They showed no sign of cellular decay, meaning that the claymore body is incapable of such thing.
    And old age is cellular decay on a slower rate... and therefor not possible for the claymore body.
    They will never be old women. They will forever be twenty-something for the rest of their lives until they get killed... not "die"... "Killed" as they are above death by old age, poisoning, disease and dementia.
    Which is the natural causes of death in a human body....
    are you following my line of thought?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member claremore's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't the Asakaram decay at rapid speed, the reason they are kept alive? So that wouldn't apply to why the bodies didnt decay. If they share biological similarity with the asakarams. I have just assumed they didn't age because they have regenerative ability. as long as that ability endures, they wouldn't have an aging problem I imagine.
    As for why they grow to maturity, it is phyiscal improvement which is not the same as aging (in the sense of loss of physical capacities
    Last edited by claremore; April 03, 2014 at 08:54 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by claremore View Post
    Don't the Asakaram decay at rapid speed, the reason they are kept alive? So that wouldn't apply to why the bodies didnt decay. If they share biological similarity with the asakarams. I have just assumed they didn't age because they have regenerative ability. as long as that ability endures, they wouldn't have an aging problem I imagine.
    As for why they grow to maturity, it is phyiscal improvement which is not the same as aging (in the sense of loss of physical capacities
    Indeed the Asakaram decay rapidly when killed, but they are not human either. the human factor is the source of a claymore´s immortality and lack of decay.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Caligostjerne's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nanozom View Post
    3. The longevity of the MiB

The reason for the durability seen in the handlers and the Organization´s men, is simple...

Yoki-blood transfusions.

My guess is either one of two options:

1: Yoma blood transfusion.

2: Claymore blood Transfusion.

I vote for the second option, due to the decreased risk it would impose on the receiver. If yoma, the risk to be infected by the parasite that causes the condition remains and the original form breaks down in suspended death after a set amount of time. If the blood came from claymores, then it would already been "filtered" and purified from the yoma parasite. But since a claymore transmutation requires both blood and flesh infused with yoki, the Mib would not acquire a yoki aura as they are in the essence "Half-bloods" through blood and not flesh. They would still get the benefits such as longevity, increased resistance to pain and youth of the state their bodies first recieved the transfusion without emitting auras on their own. Depending on the concentration and the dosage, more or less extravagant abilities might develop in the human host.
    I suspect the assigned handlers got a stronger dose that would allow them to develop a "sixth sense", the weakest form of yoki perception, to track down their assigned claymores to deliver the missions as there are no signs that the claymores get rendezvous orders between the missions and if we recall, Louvre managed to find Raphaela after her exile and without any help at all.
    Another aspect is what Dae proved to us with his mere appearance and death. One, that his body could still function even when dismembered and reduced to a torso... two, he could walk around with his face injury without any indication of pain, or seemed worried in the slightest that his exposed eyeball would dry up as it usually would in any other situation. meaning that the weak trail of yoki from repeated blood transfusions kept his eye fresh and his body in a state of a Offensive warrior´s, allowing it to seal off the veins to prevent a loss of blood when ripped to pieces.
    Another aspect seen by these transfusions seems to be a lack of emotional response in those that had it. Or it could be just them.

Of course, this is not without any risks as blood types can accidentally lump together and kill the receiver that way, meaning that the handler and claymore is bound to each other through shared blood in order for a specific handler to both track that one claymore without being sensed and to have a source of blood to replenish their long life and youth from as I suspect most of the people in the Organization are older than they look.

So they never went so far as to implant the flesh of yoki inside their bodies as that would create the male awakened like those seen with Anastasia... They simply had blood transfusions to achieve a fragment of the power that yoki could provide with minimum risks and all benefits.
    Since if they can create bio-engineered monsters, and keep Dragonkin sedated at all times, a simple blood transfusion is a piece of cake for them.
    The hypotheses seems plausible but how could the people in the Organization require the blood from the Claymores?
    Don't claymore heal their wounds fast, therefore any attempt to pinch them for blood would get rejected?
    Would they not need a blood transfusion facility to care for all the handlers?
    Accepting to give blood for unknown reasons would make the claymores appear as mindless obedient creatures. They would eventually end up suspecting something.
    Will it not make the handlers be noticed with yoki perception, since the blood in their veins contains yoki?
    Are you in mood for some sparring?
    check the Claymore Playground:
    role play battle

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caligostjerne View Post
    Will it not make the handlers be noticed with yoki perception, since the blood in their veins contains yoki?
    I think that would not be a problem at all, let me explain:

First, let's take a look on what Yoki is and what it's capable of (as far as we know). Yoki is, by means we can only speculate about, produced somewhere within the bodies of Yoma, warriors and Awakened Beings. Also, to varying degrees, all of the aforementioned beings can control how much Yoki they are producing (like "10 per cent" e.g.)

The produced (read: released) Yoki can be sensed by other beings that are able to use Yoki. For that to be possible, though, the released Yoki has to get to the sensory Organ responsible for sensing Yoki (which I assume is the brain). To compare that with our world, to be able to detect something, it needs to be some kind of particle that, when getting to the detector, has to cause some kind of reaction, in other words submit a force or transport energy. Getting back to Yoki, it's something that can be detected - in other words are particle submitting a force or delivering energy.

So now, as stated, Yoki is produced somwhere in the bodies of beings that are able to decide how much of it they produce. Now, if you take blood from them, even if Yoki was to be produced in the blood itself, then nothing would be able to control the production of that bloods Yoki anymore. In other words, as soon as whatever kind of fuel Yoki production needs is completely gone from the blood, it would not emit Yoki anymore, and hence, if given as a transfusion to a human, the human could not be detected with Yoki Perception.

Though, this would not explain why the MiB don't age, at least not, if Yoki is what's stopping the aging process (what I assume it is), after all there wouldn't be any Yoki in their bodies.

That being said, I don't think that blood transfusions have anything to do with it, because IF there actually was Yoki in that blood, and if they would also want to keep the proposed side effects of it - no aging, slightly stronger than normal humans, Dea's apparant ability to not feel pain and survive huge injuries (at least for quite a it of time) - up at all times, the Yoki had to stay in the blood. In that case the handlers would need to be able to produce Yoki themselves or they would need considerable amounts of donations. In any case, they would develop an aura. A weak one, maybe, but even then somebody like Galatea should still be able to sense it.

Also, I think, that, if MiB would emit Yoki we had been told about something this major already.

kstefan88
    Interested in Roleplay?
    Whether you only want to spectate or to participate, come and join us:
    Klick me!

Quote Originally Posted by General Nele Rea Sanka
    People might forget you. People might forget what you did. But what you did will always be there.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3