Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sword with special properties when Haki Applied

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Sword with special properties when Haki Applied

What do you guys think of a theory that Fujitora is not a devil fruit user, but if he applies Haki to his sword, there are special properties. E.g. Gravity in this case.

Similarly Zoro's special sword he got from the samurai may be have special properties but he hasn't found out yet.

Do you think this is possible?

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sword with special properties when Haki Applied

It certainly is possible, it'd explain why he has to ''cut'' the enemies before unleashing his gravity.
    But it might be possible his sword has the DF.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Roarchu's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

In the newest One Piece anime episode the way Fuji handles his sword and gravity seems to suggest that it may be the sword that has the gravity powers and not Fujitora himself. I do want it to be him though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roarchu View Post
    In the newest One Piece anime episode the way Fuji handles his sword and gravity seems to suggest that it may be the sword that has the gravity powers and not Fujitora himself. I do want it to be him though.
    Anime is completely irrelevant. Always. And that was stupid filler.
    The three brothers

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RichardMNixon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DutchPhoenix View Post
    I think it could be this, but it would be kind of weird if someone got to be an admiral primarily because of a powerful item and not their own power. If someone strong beat him and took the sword, the WG would have one hell of a nightmare on their hands. This is the same case if it's some special sword with a gravity effect that's haki-based, so I find that even less likely.

It might also not be a DF at all. Kinemon can use his sword technique to produce and cut fire, maybe Issho has a sword technique for controlling gravity. If this is the case, then we'd probably learn more with Kanjuro or when they get to Wano.

Alternatively it might be Issho's DF and he's just used to using a sword. He's blind, his sword might be part of how he 'sees' the world.
    Last edited by RichardMNixon; February 02, 2014 at 01:41 PM.
    The Grain Pirates. Scourge of Spelt, Corsairs of Corn, Rogues of Rye, Buccaneers of Barley, the Freebooters of the Farmland.
    What reason is there to stop a man from sailing?

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RichardMNixon View Post
    I think it could be this, but it would be kind of weird if someone got to be an admiral primarily because of a powerful item and not their own power. If someone strong beat him and took the sword, the WG would have one hell of a nightmare on their hands. This is the same case if it's some special sword with a gravity effect that's haki-based, so I find that even less likely.

It might also not be a DF at all. Kinemon can use his sword technique to produce and cut fire, maybe Issho has a sword technique for controlling gravity. If this is the case, then we'd probably learn more with Kanjuro or when they get to Wano.

Alternatively it might be Issho's DF and he's just used to using a sword. He's blind, his sword might be part of how he 'sees' the world.
    Maybe you have to be a certain caliber to bring out the true power of the sword.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DutchPhoenix View Post
    It certainly is possible, it'd explain why he has to ''cut'' the enemies before unleashing his gravity.
    Then who did Fujitora cut to bring down a meteor on Law and Dofla? Are you suggesting that Fujitora jumped into space and sliced a meteor in order to bring it down? The idea seems kind of silly to me, especially when you consider that Fujitora would have to jump into outer space and land again without Law or Dofla even noticing he had moved.
    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    PS. To bad you are not 4 years older and living in my country as i would love to exchange ideas over a drink :P
    Tell the emperor that my hall has fallen to the ground. Phoibos no longer has his house, nor his mantic bay, nor his prophetic spring; the water has dried up.- Pythia of Delphi

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tonix View Post
    Then who did Fujitora cut to bring down a meteor on Law and Dofla? Are you suggesting that Fujitora jumped into space and sliced a meteor in order to bring it down? The idea seems kind of silly to me, especially when you consider that Fujitora would have to jump into outer space and land again without Law or Dofla even noticing he had moved.
    Haha yeah also I doubt he slashed his own ship to make it fly. Also he couldn't have slashed his own ship because he was eating in that scene. I think this idea comes from the anime not from the manga.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member KuroKarasu's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

It could be possible that there are swords that react to haki (like vivre cards seem to do) but I highly doubt that that's the case with Fujitora's sword. He said that he was "just testing out his power" so the meteor thing seems to be a new power he obtained upon becoming an admiral. I think that they wanted him to get a powerup like they did with CP9. Also his gravity and meteor attacks are way too special to be caused by just a sword in my opinion.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I have my doubts about haki alone being able to pull of the stuff we have seen fujitora do. Well, certainly there are weird martial arts out there that have special properties beyond conventional martial arts (rokushiki, hashoken, fishman karate, kinemon's foxfire style, zoro's kyutoryu, sanji's diable jambe) however so far it kinda seems like fujitora is taking things too far. If the sword was using simple gravity I could buy this being some sort of martial art however fujitora has taken things a step further and summon meteors from god knows where. The manga has yet to give an explanation about weird martial arts but him summoning meteors to that extent seems kinda beyond what a martial art should do even by OP standards. At least IMHO.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Spenzi's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheLuffySmile View Post
    Anime is completely irrelevant. Always. And that was stupid filler.
    Anime is NOT completly irrelevant? Why should it be irrelevant?
    And that wasn't a filler episode, lol.
    22.01.2014: Vivi is going to participate the Reverie this year with King Cobra. And she'll finally join Luffy's crew.

Possible new nakama IMO:
    Kin'emon / Momonosuke / Rebecca / Bellamy / Ceaser Clown / Mancherie / Leo / Wicca / Kanjuro / Bartolomeo

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spenzi View Post
    Anime is NOT completly irrelevant? Why should it be irrelevant?
    And that wasn't a filler episode, lol.
    Anime is irrelevant when making a statement about the manga. Since the manga is the main storyline.
    And jeez... The episode wasn't filler, but the scene was. Fujitora doesn't have to cut people like he did in the Anime to use his power = Filler.
    The three brothers

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Spenzi's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheLuffySmile View Post
    Anime is irrelevant when making a statement about the manga. Since the manga is the main storyline.
    And jeez... The episode wasn't filler, but the scene was. Fujitora doesn't have to cut people like he did in the Anime to use his power = Filler.
    I have another point of view. I find that in the anime everything is more in detail than in Manga. Maybe he didn't cut them in the manga, but maybe Oda just didn't want to make it that in detail because it would take away too much panel. So I guess in the anime they're just doin it in detail. In the manga well there we have a free imagination what happend and how he exactly used his power. but in the anime it's in detail. That's my opinion, if U know what I mean.
    22.01.2014: Vivi is going to participate the Reverie this year with King Cobra. And she'll finally join Luffy's crew.

Possible new nakama IMO:
    Kin'emon / Momonosuke / Rebecca / Bellamy / Ceaser Clown / Mancherie / Leo / Wicca / Kanjuro / Bartolomeo

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spenzi View Post
    I have another point of view. I find that in the anime everything is more in detail than in Manga. Maybe he didn't cut them in the manga, but maybe Oda just didn't want to make it that in detail because it would take away too much panel. So I guess in the anime they're just doin it in detail. In the manga well there we have a free imagination what happend and how he exactly used his power. but in the anime it's in detail. That's my opinion, if U know what I mean.
    The.Anime.Is.Not.Canon.
    Not.Ever.

And it's not about your point of view, it's just that your opinion about this is irrelevant due to the Anime not being canon.
    If he didn't cut them in the manga, he didn't cut them at all.

Let me put it like this. If something happens in the Anime that didn't happen in the manga = It is not canon.

Which leads us to the conclusion: Fujitora does not need to cut people in order to use his power.

If he actually did need to cut the things he uses his gravity powers on, slicing those meteors up in space woule be a reaaaal bitch!
    Last edited by TheLuffySmile; February 11, 2014 at 11:45 AM.
    The three brothers

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Anime are not generally even supervised by mangaka so manga always takes precedence. Assuming a scene wasn't in any way altered I would argue an anime can actually help make more sense of certain scenes but only if the anime did not change a single detail from the scene. Still, no filler can ever be considered cannon unless the author specifically went out of his way to state a specific anime event is cannon to the manga storyline (I think there actually are a few for that matter). Fujitora has never been shown in the manga needing to cut things to use his gravity so there is no reason for us to think that is a requirement. Heck, when he was holding lack back he was specifically not touching him with the blade and law was still trapped until fujitora's attention was turn to something else. Cutting things is unlikely to actually have an effect on his seemingly gravity based abilities IMO.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast