Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Unpopular "One Piece" Opinions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Unpopular "One Piece" Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by KuroKarasu View Post
    - Magellan was portrayed as super weak except for his fruit. Luffy could easily dodge punches and Magellan got damage by one of Luffy's punches. This might be over exaggerated a bit but Nami would seem like a fair opponent if he didn't have a DF.
    I believe him to be a victim of the "Pre-haki days" just like Crocodile. Imo MF Crocodile > MF Luffy. But agreed, he would be much much weaker without his fruit.

-I love Bartolomeo and want him as a SH. he reminds me of Franky's uniqueness when he was first introduced.
    Last edited by TheLuffySmile; February 12, 2014 at 03:03 PM.
    Hey, Ace! Sabo's alive man! just thought you deserved to know.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member KuroKarasu's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheLuffySmile View Post
    I believe him to be a victim of the "Pre-haki days" just like Crocodile. Imo MF Crocodile > MF Luffy. But agreed, he would be much much weaker without his fruit.

-I love Bartolomeo and want him as a SH. he reminds me of Franky's uniqueness when he was first introduced.
    Agreed and agreed. Well he's fine as an ally too but Bartolomeo is soo badass.

About Crocoboy and Magellan: I agree that the haki introduction hurt them quite a bit. The problem I see here is that in order to count to the strongest of the strongest you have to have insane basic fighting power aswell like Van Ogre stated was the case for Ace. I mean Crocodile and Magellan both didn't seem to stand much of a chance in terms of attack power and speed to pre-timeskip Luffy. And we all know what he could do to New World veterans/Admirals/Vice Admirals - nothing. He lost in speed and power. Akainu could've easily beaten pre-timeskip Luffy without his fruit aswell the way I see it. So how can people like Enel/Crocodile/Magellan wo were inferior to Luffy in basic fighting power be relevant just because of their devil fruit? It doesn't make much sense. They were portrayed as too weak and stay weak in my opinion forever. Which is a shame.

(And about Crocoboy being more useful in the war: He has higher ranged attacks, more experience and he is a logia and not everybody at Marineford was a haki user. Also he didn't rush to Ace so he didn't encounter as many big shots as Luffy. Imo Doflamingo could've easily killed Crocodile if he had used haki - which he is obviously capable of)

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MOYcano 0.23's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Jimbei is already confirmed to be the next nakama, thus soft-core fans should stop nominating any random character
    Please excuse my Spanglish

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

-The next SH will be more menacing than the current crewmembers.
    -Jinbe won't be an ally, he will join.
    Hey, Ace! Sabo's alive man! just thought you deserved to know.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KuroKarasu View Post
    ...the strawhats have too much luck
    I agree, and I think especially Luffy has too much luck.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownMugiwara View Post
    - Luffy is more interesting when has his mature moment and act like a captain.
    Another thing I wholeheartedly agree. At first it was funny when Luffy acted stupidly and all but now I'm kinda tired of it and think that Luffy should act more matured.
    Last edited by Chompp; February 15, 2014 at 09:28 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

...One Piece is overrated. As a whole it's admittedly better written than the other 'big two' (and maybe most WSJ series) and has a compelling universe, but the plot still suffers the same simplistic quirks as most shonen.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I think choppers giant transformation is lame
    The next crew mate (after jimbe) should be very violent. Like bart and zoro.
    Usop didnt really gain anything much in the timeskip except special seeds (which are prolly limited) and a new slingy.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member KuroKarasu's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sameel View Post
    Usop didnt really gain anything much in the timeskip except special seeds (which are prolly limited) and a new slingy.
    I agree that his timeskip developement was a dissapointment but his seeds are unlimited. He grows them on the ship. (Stated in a SBS)

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Roarchu's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

- Don Chinjao is stronger than any of DD's top executives including Vergo (haven't seen enough of Pica though)

- Blackbeard's strategies are pretty good

- Don Krieg was a tougher fight than Arlong and pretty difficult
    Last edited by Roarchu; February 19, 2014 at 11:29 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

-I'm getting real fuckin sick of Luffy, Zoro and Sanji being the ONLY ones capable in combat, I want the others to do stuff as well and not act so cowardly for laughs all the time.

-I agree on the notion that One Piece is overrated (even though I like the series and prefer it to the other 2 in the big three and airy dale) but even in the shonen demographic there are works out there with better intrigue action humor and emotional moments.

-I don't think this is unpopular but for the record I'd like to say that I'm kind of getting tired of princess characters in this series. I want to see more pirates Government agents and rouges.

-I think Oda needs to seriously do better with his female cast (more so recently).

-Sanji's 'Melorene' moments have been getting on my nerves for a while now.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy3331 View Post
    -I'm getting real fuckin sick of Luffy, Zoro and Sanji being the ONLY ones capable in combat, I want the others to do stuff as well and not act so cowardly for laughs all the time.

-I agree on the notion that One Piece is overrated (even though I like the series and prefer it to the other 2 in the big three and airy dale) but even in the shonen demographic there are works out there with better intrigue action humor and emotional moments.

-I don't think this is unpopular but for the record I'd like to say that I'm kind of getting tired of princess characters in this series. I want to see more pirates Government agents and rouges.

-I think Oda needs to seriously do better with his female cast (more so recently).

-Sanji's 'Melorene' moments have been getting on my nerves for a while now.
    They are the only members that matter so it makes sense that he would consistently make the other weaker members just fall. I never signed up for one piece for someone like the cyborg or the random weather user who really just cant do nothing but tricks. one Piece is at its best when we see Luffy, Sanji, or Zoro deliver really fantastic attacks and moves.
    Team Haikyu! | Team Stealth Symphony | Stealth Symphony Support Group

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Apart from Usopp, Nami, and Chopper, who has acted cowardly? Franky went after Doflamingo's cronies at Punk Hazard, he wasn't scared at all. Brook may be scared, but he also willingly fights when needed. Robin doesn't run either. Hell, even the cowardly trio fight when they need to, and prior to this arc, none of the trio ever expressed fear when fighting. It was the future that they were scared of, whether clashing with Big Mom or Luffy wanting to go to the most dangerous island.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Unpopular opinions? Well, don't know if these are "unpopular" but here's what I think:

-Shanks is overrated.

-The return of Ace's fruit is bad.

-The revelation of Sabo being alive is even worse.

-Dragon is overrated.

-Yonkou aren't necessarily stronger than Admirals.

-Crocodile is underrated.

-Oda needs to change his style more often(The WB Saga for example, was different from the arcs that compose about 80% One Piece.)

-Oda should stop having a random ass audience that somehow seem to always conveniently be around to praise the magnificent Straw Hats whenever they do something epic.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

The Alabasta arc was overall the worst arc. It stopped being good when the crew left Whiskey Point (?) with Vivi and became good again when they reached the island of Alabasta. The Elbalf giants and Drum Island were just that boring and bad.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    They are the only members that matter so it makes sense that he would consistently make the other weaker members just fall. I never signed up for one piece for someone like the cyborg or the random weather user who really just cant do nothing but tricks. one Piece is at its best when we see Luffy, Sanji, or Zoro deliver really fantastic attacks and moves.
    That's the thing though, it shouldn't JUST be that. Luffy has a CREW not him and just those two other people, a CREW. All I'm saying is that I'd like the other to get some more active roles and to be a bit more confident in what they are actually skilled in.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2