Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 105 of 112 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1674

Thread: All of Life is CBC

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: All of Life is CBC

Oh Golden Boy... Good old VIVA days...

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Oh Golden Boy... Good old VIVA days...
    You've seen that? So, do you recommend it, nowadays?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    You've seen that? So, do you recommend it, nowadays?
    Only a few eps back then when I was very young. I only remember jiggle jiggle.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Only a few eps back then when I was very young. I only remember jiggle jiggle.
    Figured, I guess greg must've enjoyed the bewbs back in the days

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I guess he was in a bad mood. Or maybe after all those years he simply annoyed of people making the same faults over and over again. Not a big deal, still stood out, because he was the only unfriendly japanese we met XD

Yeah, I was at a Sushi bar and the owner could speak fluent english, easily understandable. It was definitely more of an exception though, I think the majority of the japanese only has a rough understanding of english, if any at all, but I guess that's mostly the older people. Not all that different from here, so nothing special.

Yeah, it was exactly like that It wasn't much of a problem, we could communicate with english or sometimes japanese just fine, the only difficult stuff was not being able to read the japanese signs XD Luckily enough a lot of stuff had english signs too, but not all the time. One evening we went into a japanese eatery and noticed that there were no english signs at all. We had to guess something from the card, because the owner had no english skills at all too. That was so funny, when he noticed we didn't know anything he recommended us something and was incredibly happy when Sky went "Oiishi" after tasting the meal That made him laugh so hard and he asked me too, everytime we said Oiishi he started laughing

Sure, I will try. Still will take some years I think, nothing I can consider atm, sadly It's pretty interesting though how many artists who attend to Comiket are on pixiv and the likes, I only noticed recently.

Flight home was pretty nice. Sky and me didn't have seats side by side sadly, but instead there was a nice japanese woman and a grandpa who came from Leipzig (a town in Deutschland) and only where on vacation in Japan too. It was really fun to talk to those two, they were really friendly and interested in the stories I had to tell. Their german was pretty okay, so it was a lot of fun talking in a mix of japanese and Deutsch XD
    Some people generalize a whole nation based on one person so I'm glad that everyone else was kind to you and Sky. (Even if the guard was the only Japanese person you interacted with, I'm sure you're not the type of person who would generalize anyway.)

Adults are a hit or miss, but there's a desire to learn English in Japan among the younger generation. For the past two weeks, I was volunteering at a summer program where students from Japanese high schools are invited to spend a week or two in Canada to study English and be more globally minded. A couple of the students were able to hold a conversation in English, but most of them were either at a beginner's level or didn't understand anything at all. I was surprised that the proficiency of the students were varied even within the same high school.

It's those little experiences like the ones you had with the eatery owner that really made the experience enjoyable, wasn't it. It's funny how a single word ("oiishi") can create such a strong connection between people. Speaking of eatery, did you try a new food in Japan for the first time? What was your favourite dish that you ate there?

It's crazy how many people participate and attend Comiket, and the event seems to be getting bigger every year. When Tokyo 2020 was announced, people were worried about where Comiket 2020 was going to be held since (I think) the stadium is normally a sports arena.

I'm impressed that you've continued to meet new people even on the plane back home. From the photos I've seen and the stories you've told me, the whole trip seemed to be a blast, and I'm sure you will remember the trip for a really long time. Even though it won't be for a while, let me know if you're ever planning a Kansai trip!!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Figured, I guess greg must've enjoyed the bewbs back in the days
    i'm no more a pervert than you are
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Some people generalize a whole nation based on one person so I'm glad that everyone else was kind to you and Sky. (Even if the guard was the only Japanese person you interacted with, I'm sure you're not the type of person who would generalize anyway.)

Adults are a hit or miss, but there's a desire to learn English in Japan among the younger generation. For the past two weeks, I was volunteering at a summer program where students from Japanese high schools are invited to spend a week or two in Canada to study English and be more globally minded. A couple of the students were able to hold a conversation in English, but most of them were either at a beginner's level or didn't understand anything at all. I was surprised that the proficiency of the students were varied even within the same high school.

It's those little experiences like the ones you had with the eatery owner that really made the experience enjoyable, wasn't it. It's funny how a single word ("oiishi") can create such a strong connection between people. Speaking of eatery, did you try a new food in Japan for the first time? What was your favourite dish that you ate there?

It's crazy how many people participate and attend Comiket, and the event seems to be getting bigger every year. When Tokyo 2020 was announced, people were worried about where Comiket 2020 was going to be held since (I think) the stadium is normally a sports arena.

I'm impressed that you've continued to meet new people even on the plane back home. From the photos I've seen and the stories you've told me, the whole trip seemed to be a blast, and I'm sure you will remember the trip for a really long time. Even though it won't be for a while, let me know if you're ever planning a Kansai trip!!
    Nah, you can't ever generalize the people of a whole country. Still I think the japanese are more friendly in general than the germans are. You know both too, what do you think? xD

I think that's pretty normal, here at schools you have a huge difference regarding the level of being able to speak (proper) english too. The older folks are probably all like that around the world too (countries where english isn't the native language), so I wasn't surprised to see that the elder people in Japan had problems with that. What matters is that they still had the will/courage to try, I really appreciate that.

Haha, true. There were lots of fun little stories like that, like when we paid a visit to one of the countless gigantic stores and found a "cat floor" on the top. Lots of cats running around there and even more people who try to pat them XD

And yep, I did try some food there for the first time. Tempura and Takoyaki for example, or Onigiri. Some stuff with sweet bean paste too. My favourite definitely was Takoyaki, so tasty! Loved it when we bought a few ones freshly made at Odaiba, and couldn't help ordering a big box a few days later when I saw a stand at Nakano Broadway. Oiishi desu!

Comiket seems like such a huuuuge event. Definitely need to experience that once, if possible I would probably go there after a few years. Kansai is a possibility too, I would like to visit Kyoto and Osaka Are you planning a trip there too?
    The trip was a blast, I doubt I will ever forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    i'm no more a pervert than you are
    Heh, who knows

Wow this is comedy gold Totally something I could see Ryoji do (before you know what) xD

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

tell me atleast you watched NINJA SCROLL?...

But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

tell me atleast you watched NINJA SCROLL?...

An anime film from more than twenty years ago? XD I think I did tell you that Evangelion basically is the oldest thing I've watched, at least from what I remember.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you expect, I'm close to 20 years younger than you

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah, you can't ever generalize the people of a whole country. Still I think the japanese are more friendly in general than the germans are. You know both too, what do you think? xD

I think that's pretty normal, here at schools you have a huge difference regarding the level of being able to speak (proper) english too. The older folks are probably all like that around the world too (countries where english isn't the native language), so I wasn't surprised to see that the elder people in Japan had problems with that. What matters is that they still had the will/courage to try, I really appreciate that.

Haha, true. There were lots of fun little stories like that, like when we paid a visit to one of the countless gigantic stores and found a "cat floor" on the top. Lots of cats running around there and even more people who try to pat them XD

And yep, I did try some food there for the first time. Tempura and Takoyaki for example, or Onigiri. Some stuff with sweet bean paste too. My favourite definitely was Takoyaki, so tasty! Loved it when we bought a few ones freshly made at Odaiba, and couldn't help ordering a big box a few days later when I saw a stand at Nakano Broadway. Oiishi desu!

Comiket seems like such a huuuuge event. Definitely need to experience that once, if possible I would probably go there after a few years. Kansai is a possibility too, I would like to visit Kyoto and Osaka Are you planning a trip there too?
    The trip was a blast, I doubt I will ever forget about it.
    It's happening again: the wall of text we always manage to have whenever we talk.

It probably comes down to the group mentality vs. the individualistic mentality. Japanese people (and most Asians) have a group mentality meaning that they are very concerned with how others perceive them; hence, the politeness towards others. Germans, and I guess North Americans too, are more individualistic; they don't care about what others think of them as long as they have the freedom to be and act the way they want to. However, the German language does have the du and Sie forms so they probably have to be careful about how to address certain individuals unlike English speakers.

Does the proficiency of English speakers depend on where you are specifically from in Germany? For example, someone from a large city or a tourist spot would be more proficient in English than someone who lives in a remote town. Japanese people who lack courage learning another language may just find the task daunting because other languages are very foreign to them. English and German are closely related, but English and Japanese are completely different.

Cats... yes! There are even cat cafés dedicated to them. Going a little off-topic, did you and Sky manage to visit a maid café? You both seem to have a lot of fun shopping in Akihabara, but I was wondering if visiting a maid café was also on your itinerary. No shame though; I want to go to a butler café.

I love takoyaki too! My grandpa is really good at making them. It's too bad that you can't make it at home since you need a specialized pan to cook the batter with. Tempura, however, can be easily made at home. :3 I'll try to find a good tempura recipe- or perhaps I can search a Japanese cooking site and translate for you so it comes from an "authentic" source.

I made a lot of new friends from Kobe and Osaka these past few weeks so I really want to visit the Kansai region to see them again. I'd also like to visit Universal Studios Japan since I heard it was amazing.

Perhaps you can create a blog to write about where you went and what you did each day. Of course, you don't have to, but it's something I'd do so I can reminisce over it.

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday was your birthday Niichan, wasn't it? I know your birthday is around this time, but i don't know the day for sure.
    Nevertheless if i am right, belated happy birthday

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Somebody shoot me right now...

New Reply
Page 105 of 112 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 ... LastLast