Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The situation in Ukraine?

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The situation in Ukraine?

The west are provoking Russia into this, this is bad for the world, Russia takes the bait of the "revolution", and they just decide to invade, it is a disputed area but Russia made this first move, they just said they won't sit back while the country of Ukraine changes leadership.

I think I said I am not pro-anything, so I am not pro-Russia, the elected president should stay if he was elected by the people, if they people tire of him, then elections are called for as they are, this using the situation for global means does not suit well, all sides involved should let the Ukraine decide what they do.

Of course in a 50-50 situation it's really easy to manipulate the people into going against each other.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The two sides have opposite perspectives, and it seems as if neither are willing to step into the other's shoes to understand why they are taking the side that they are. Putin's statement that he didn't send any Russian troops is a fallacy, but his concern about fascist groups isn't completely farfetched.

March 16th will be an important date regardless of what the result of the referendum may be. Crimea is a unique territory and solving the tension that's going on there can't be solved by one party.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

haha I just think its funny that Obama is accusing Russia for violating international laws..........LOL how many international laws has the US broke in the past decade? hilarious!

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still lost as to why negotiations broke down originally after Yanukovych offered the opposition new elections sooner than planned. That was during the Sochi Olympics so I can't imagine Putin was responsible for the break down (this whole deal including the Olympics has to have been somewhat embarrassing) nor do I really understand why Yanukovych would break down talks after giving in. Most places I frequent suggest the more radical element in the opposition were responsible which makes sense I guess since they did immediately demand he step down and the old Constitution be put back in place. Kinda reeks of heavy EU and US support.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Super Sonic's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The region of Donetsk has just claimed independence.

Odessa isn't too far behind.

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Also I assume everybody saw the clip of the Svoboda Party members beating the Communist Party member up during his speech? Also I read Latvia banned the Russian language? Or maybe it's been that way for awhile now, I have no idea.

---------- Post added April 11, 2014 at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was April 09, 2014 at 07:56 PM ----------

Also, what do you guys think about Donetsk declaring independence?

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.

Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Can that really be considered as Donetsk declaring independence? It seems people are actually downplaying the events there. Either way, the Russians blame the west and we blame the Russians. Same shit, different toilet.

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, a sector of the population in Donetsk.

And man did the media in this country run with that report about the leaflet telling Jewish residents to register in Donetsk. You would think that today they would have blaring headlines about how clueless they are...

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drmke View Post
    Well, a sector of the population in Donetsk.

And man did the media in this country run with that report about the leaflet telling Jewish residents to register in Donetsk. You would think that today they would have blaring headlines about how clueless they are...
    I only read the USA Today article from a few days ago, but how exactly is that an overreaction?

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    I only read the USA Today article from a few days ago, but how exactly is that an overreaction?
    It's been denied up and down by the leadership of Donetsk as well as by the Jewish community in general there as a provocation. The original Israeli source that USA Today was quoting even retracted the story a few hours after initially posting it.

---------- Post added April 24, 2014 at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was April 19, 2014 at 04:53 PM ----------

So how do you think Putin will respond to the paratroopers Obama is sending to Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, and Estonia?

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

More posturing on their side perhaps. We participate in a lot of these training exercises as a show of force.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2