Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 568 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 568 Discussion / 569 Predictions

I think, As Nodt is hyped up. Can't wait for him to die.

How many Sternritters are left anyways....?. Anyone wish to figure this out.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    Bankai was used only to finish him off, he got cut by Fear, he couldn't scratch As Nodt, he became consumed with fear, that's when As Nodt activated SKY.
    Naw man, Baykuya got cocky. Unleashed his Bankai, even after Mayuri warned them all about it at the Commander's meeting and As Nodt "finished" him off with his own Bankai, after stealing it. No one saying that As Nodt didn't cut him up with the fear thing. Matter of fact, that was even after, Byakuya's bankai was even stolen.

"I did battle with ignorance today and ignorance won".

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryuzaki L's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankai was used only to finish him off, he got cut by Fear, he couldn't scratch As Nodt, he became consumed with fear, that's when As Nodt activated SKY.
    You're missing the point of what we're discussing here.
    Spoiler show

Äs Nodt isn't a powerful SternRitter, Kubo made him useless without his fear ability. you know what else Kubo did? he discarded Blut vene, just like he did with Hierro.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuzaki L View Post
    Äs Nodt isn't a powerful SternRitter, Kubo made him useless without his fear ability. you know what else Kubo did? he discarded Blut vene, just like he did with Hierro.
    Well, his ability is in place, so, I don't know what being useless without his ability means. Everyone would be pretty useless without their signature ability, no? So far, no one has been shown as immune to fear, either. Both Byakuya and Rukia thought they were, and they weren't. Unless Byakuya shows up something new, I doubt we will ever see such immunity.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saint Markus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay chapter this week. I agree with most, Rukia got played on the Bankai debut. At least Byakuya gets his come back next week. Where's Zaraki at?.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't make me prove you wrong on this point, unless your meaning after he was consumed by fear. But even then we do already know he would of been able to put up a fight with just Shikai, it was due to his hallucinations being serve enough to stop any kind of attack. Now with Rukia's recent display we can see she was able to stop the needles or spikes piecing her by using some ice barrier which also showed some sort of liquid on her hand after Nodt's attack which would suggest his Fear is like a poison. So this also provides evidence that her ability is a perfect counter to his attack.
    Last edited by devstauk; February 15, 2014 at 11:39 PM.
    Spoiler show

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Well, his ability is in place, so, I don't know what being useless without his ability means. Everyone would be pretty useless without their signature ability, no? So far, no one has been shown as immune to fear, either. Both Byakuya and Rukia thought they were, and they weren't. Unless Byakuya shows up something new, I doubt we will ever see such immunity.
    Say that to Quilge, Royd and Jugram. my point was about how Kubo made most of the Sternritter rely on their special abilities way too much, while not using their basic ones.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Say that to Quilge, Royd and Jugram. my point was about how Kubo made most of the Sternritter rely on their special abilities way too much, while not using their basic ones.
    maybe they just specialize in different areas. For example, Szayel Apollo Grantz probably had a crappy Hierro, but he made it up for it in other ways. Lloyd probably had a very strong Blut since he tanked Yama's shikai. Or it's just like with Kirge, if the Quincy fails to switch to Blut Defense in time then he's fucked.

Anyway... As Nodt is more Hollow-like than most Hollow. lol

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Knightmare of heaven 0's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Toby_Temple View Post
    Yes. But Fear of God is Timor Dei in Latin....

Time to bash Kubo for making up his own translations, like he makes up his own science.
    From BadKarma's translation

Spoiler show

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

I don't think Hashwalth counts yet.What're his feats? Cutting through Tensa Zangetsu and Cang Du's Iron.Both of which were due to his ability.Ichigo was lucky to be a Quincy and be trapped in Quilge's Jail,Whose primary weakness was that it can't contain a Quincy.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare of heaven 0 View Post
    I don't think Hashwalth counts yet.What're his feats? Cutting through Tensa Zangetsu and Cang Du's Iron.Both of which were due to his ability.Ichigo was lucky to be a Quincy and be trapped in Quilge's Jail,Whose primary weakness was that it can't contain a Quincy.
    Yeah, i think it's too early to judge him and the only thing i noticed about him is how ridiculously fast he is.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quilge without Vollstandig was getting overwhelmed by Ichigo, so, I don't consider him any strong. For Royd, I have nothing to say, since I have no idea how (or with what) he was able to defeat Kenpachi with relative ease.
    Other than that, basic Quincy abilities are of too little use against a Captain-class Shinigami. It'd be too much of an ask if Quincy were supposed to defeat their enemy who are using their trump cards while not using their own.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quilge without Vollstandig was getting overwhelmed by Ichigo, so, I don't consider him any strong. For Royd, I have nothing to say, since I have no idea how (or with what) he was able to defeat Kenpachi with relative ease.
    Other than that, basic Quincy abilities are of too little use against a Captain-class Shinigami. It'd be too much of an ask if Quincy were supposed to defeat their enemy who are using their trump cards while not using their own.
    we were discussing how Sternritters were made useless without their special abilities, and Vollstandig is a superior form of Letzt Stil, which is.......a Quincy technique. just like Ransotengai and Hirenkyaku, and other techniques I'm too lazy to find.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

we were discussing how Sternritters were made useless without their special abilities, and Vollstandig is a superior form of Letzt Stil, which is.......a Quincy technique. just like Ransotengai and Hirenkyaku, and other techniques I'm too lazy to find.
    I don't see Vollstandig as a basic Quincy ability, since every SR demonstrated a different form of transformation so far. If it's just about reishi absorption we are talking about, it's a different issue, though.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SoulAuron's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

It's an ability to channel reishi with your BLOOD, that is FROZEN. Reishi may not be frozen, but everything around them is, making them trapped in red, bloody ice.

Yeah, next Zommari? "Oh, I can't look at them? Okay, let's put a thin layer of Senbonzakura on them, so I can't see them. Eyes? I'll look at your torso. You explained that much. Oh, I almost forgot. GOKEI.

But don't worry, Kenny will still be stronger than Byakuya. xd He's the Soul Society's last hope, right? xd

When Rukia reached -18 and said that sword is the extension of her ability, she froze As Nodt's blood. So if she says she's -18, it means target that is cut will also drop to -18. If -18 worked fine, why would absolute zero work differently?
    what??? absolutely not, heat transmistion is NOT instant, the temperaturs will be evened out only if the contact last for long enough so the heat can travel from one body to the other, and remember that the speed is proportional to both the diference in temperature and the contact surface, so even if the diference oin temperature is monstruous the heat was transmited throught he edge of a blade, which is very very thin, so that slowed down the process.
    also, his blood froze? sure his blod froze, that is, only the blood that was near the cut area, that is why it didnt flow out of the wound, otherwise rukia would not have needed to strike nodt again after that would she?
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/567/16
    so if she only froze the blood near the wound then if she cuts all of the surface of his body leaving no apearent deep cuts then she only cut the surface:
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/567/18
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/567/19
    most likely upon being cut the first time As switched from blut arterie to blut vene in order to try and stop her from freezing compleetly, thus her following strikes did not cut him much, but froze him outside due to the temperature of her sword, but since the blade did not go very deep it did not freeze him compleetly, thus he was able to think and activate vollstandig.
    heres what i think is the explanation to BB having multiple DF:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3373390
    here is what orihimes powers are and where shinigami power comes from.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3446556

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say both conclusions are fairly incomplete. Telling about her level is impossible just by what we have seen in this fight. I personally don't think she has quite hit that level yet, for 1) she still hasn't shown a Bankai and 2) she herself said she needs to improve how she handles her unique body temperature ability.
    In terms of power, Aaroniero was seemingly the weakest of Espada by some distance. I'd say he was way weaker than Rudobone, whom it took multiple people to defeat in an extended fight. So, it's natural that no one considered that as much of a feat. I'd rank giving As Nodt a run for his money much higher. Sure, her countering power has helped her to do so, but it can be argued that it's now As Nodt's Tatar Foras countering whatever Rukia might throw at him.
    It's a bit messed up, since this fight never got to be a proper one, hence reading too much into it won't give us that much of a result.
    Agreed, for the most part. But I have to single out the comment about As Nodts turn of things being comparable to Rukia's counter, there is an important difference. The ability Rukia used to counter As Nodt's ability was supremely effective against his ability because of its specific mechanics, but would be unlikely to be anywhere near as useful against most top-tier opponents, whereas As Nodt's Vol ability is something that is just widely hax, it works through the opponent's sight, the only blind person we've see is Tousen, everyone else would find the ability itself immensely troublesome.

How is her ability a "perfect counter" for As Nodt's ability? Because she is dead for 4 seconds? Those 4 seconds of immunity is a perfect counter? SKY's Gokei seems better. Her ability is hardly a good counter for As Nodt, let alone perfect. If it was anyone else, she'd just speedblitz them like she did As Nodt. Then freeze them to -18, making their Blut ineffective, at least around the area she cut. Then she'd freeze them to absolute zero. And if it's not enough, they have no "fear" to make her slower. Her ability is hax, her speed is easily above average, she can be called captain class if she gets Bankai. Remember, that her "perfect counter" as you want to call it, is her Shikai. Remember what Byakuya did with Shikai? Or that Kyoraku is the only one who could get a cut in Shikai in an actual battle during the first invasion? Well, he didn't use any of his abilities, but that makes him just more badass. Now that I think about it, in second invasion noone managed to get a hit with Shikai as well, IIRC.
    Because it was an ability that completely nullified the effects of As Nodt's ability, but isn't necessarily an effective measure against most opponents. As Nodt's fear simply couldn't be absorbed into her body for that time. And there isn't anything to suggest she could speedblitz most top-tier opponents or that her speed is even above that of the average captain, As Nodt barely moves and relies almost entirely on his Fear to do the work and whips out Blut if necessary, the first instance of As Nodt using any serious speed was after releasing Vol when he suddenly appears behind her. And her ability isn't hax, her offensive ability is comparable to Hitsugaya's with less range, versatility, scope, along with an extremely limited time frame and risks to her own safety. And the manner utilised to stop As Nodt's ability wouldn't stop others' attacks, as far as I can remember As Nodt's fear is the only ability that requires the target to absorb it into their own body to take effect. And for the record, Shunsui wasn't the only one to get a cut in the first invasion; Byakuya and Yamamoto also got cuts in, and Kenpachi cut through multiple opponents.

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

You're missing the point of what we're discussing here.
    Spoiler show

Yeah, because I wrote what I think about Rukia and Byakuya. And in that post I just referred to what you wrote. I hardly missed anything. And it's not like missing that point would make my reply to YOUR comment unjustified or wrong.

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    Because it was an ability that completely nullified the effects of As Nodt's ability, but isn't necessarily an effective measure against most opponents.
    Completely nullified? Or was it a temporary mean to stop it from penetrating her body? There's a difference. And of course it's effective against most abilities. Making earthquakes at will and freezing them to absolute zero is pretty useful IMO.

And there isn't anything to suggest she could speedblitz most top-tier opponents or that her speed is even above that of the average captain, As Nodt barely moves and relies almost entirely on his Fear to do the work and whips out Blut if necessary, the first instance of As Nodt using any serious speed was after releasing Vol when he suddenly appears behind her.[/quote]

Oh, so now the lack of reaction from As Nodt means Rukia isn't that fast? The only thing he could do was look at her when she already cut him. And in the second time he didn't even see her attack coming. He started to fear, but disregarded that fear because his fear towards Yhwach is bigger.

Quote Quote:
    And her ability isn't hax, her offensive ability is comparable to Hitsugaya's with less range, versatility, scope, along with an extremely limited time frame and risks to her own safety. And the manner utilised to stop As Nodt's ability wouldn't stop others' attacks, as far as I can remember As Nodt's fear is the only ability that requires the target to absorb it into their own body to take effect.
    You do realize, her ability isn't being dead for 4 seconds, but freezing everything around her to absolute zero or more? Hitsugaya's ability seems pretty weak compared to her Zanpakuto. "not letting fear being absorbed" is not the only way to use her ability. Earthquake to make opponent lose balance, stopping his blood and freezing him to absolute zero, making him completely defenseless. But Mr. Asspull Kubo can get out of it allright. Cang Du can activate his Vollstandig while being frozen by Hitsugaya, As Nodt can think while being frozen to absolute zero despite saying, that Rukia should die from her body being just below zero. >.<

Quote Quote:
    And for the record, Shunsui wasn't the only one to get a cut in the first invasion; Byakuya and Yamamoto also got cuts in, and Kenpachi cut through multiple opponents.
    Byakuya didn't do it in a battle. He did it before the battle started, As Nodt did nothing to avoid being hit. And after the battle started, he couldn't even penetrate As's Blut.

I didn't even take Yamamoto into account. But yeah, I forgot about Kenpachi. So it makes two of them. Only Kenpachi and Shunsui did it during a fight, not greetings. Boss Yamaji is too strong to be compared with captains. :v

New Reply
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast