Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Demon Souls / Dark Souls I / II, prepared to die ?

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Demon Souls / Dark Souls I / II, prepared to die ?

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Clunky movement? No Havel's Ring?!
    I am not that far yet to know it for sure, but it seems there's an item that serves the same purpose as Havel's.. and I figured it out that I forgot to balance my stats with Adaptability lol so that's the reason why it felt clunky.

---------- Post added May 15, 2014 at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was May 13, 2014 at 09:22 PM ----------

I fucking hate Royal Rat Vanguard. Probably the most annoying boss so far in Dark Souls 2.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried Dark Souls 1 once. In my first try I was a total noob and thought the knight was the easiest class in the game. Maybe it was, but it was so boring and his movements made me drop the game.

So some days ago I started again, as a wanderer... and damn, it was fun. I didn't realise how fun the game is and how different each class plays in the first parts of the game (and how fair the game becomes once you have the proper equipment). I stopped playing with that character though, picked a pyro and now I just hit one of the 2 bells in the first part of the game (yeah, I just started, lol). I was also lucky enough to pick a black knight sword so I'm just melting my way through the game. Sadly I forgot my joystick in town so no gaming this weekend

Clunky movement? No Havel's Ring?!
    Just now I know this exists ._.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, you kind of HAVE to follow guides to play the game the most optimally. Took me like 20 tries to kill Havel.

I picked Knight as well...though I'm not really sure why. Right now I'm back at the Undead Asylum and can't kill the Stray Demon. Haven't played in a week or so, too frustrating.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BobobVanBlob's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, you kind of HAVE to follow guides to play the game the most optimally. Took me like 20 tries to kill Havel.

I picked Knight as well...though I'm not really sure why. Right now I'm back at the Undead Asylum and can't kill the Stray Demon. Haven't played in a week or so, too frustrating.

People tend to pick Knight because of the big armour set, BUT the biggest advantage when you start as a knight is your shield, it has a decent stability for a starting shield.

Warrior is pretty good if you want to go for a quality build, but the armour is terrible if you like to have a high poise/phys defence.

After finishing the game 10 times, I finally started my true challenge run on dark souls: no controller, everything with the keyboard and the mouse. It's surprisingly easy after a few hours to get the handle of it.
    WAHAHA~ My anime list - - tsil agnam yM ~AHAHAW

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobobVanBlob View Post
    People tend to pick Knight because of the big armour set, BUT the biggest advantage when you start as a knight is your shield, it has a decent stability for a starting shield.

Warrior is pretty good if you want to go for a quality build, but the armour is terrible if you like to have a high poise/phys defence.

After finishing the game 10 times, I finally started my true challenge run on dark souls: no controller, everything with the keyboard and the mouse. It's surprisingly easy after a few hours to get the handle of it.
    I don't really remember why I picked it. I thought Warrior got a shield too? Or do you just mean Knight's is better?

LOL...what's the point of doing that?

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

You should play DS 2, it's less frustrating

Well some of the bosses are insane, but I found the boss are easier esp. if you're starting as STR/DEX + FTH Cleric or Sorcerer.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really remember why I picked it. I thought Warrior got a shield too? Or do you just mean Knight's is better?

LOL...what's the point of doing that?
    The warrior's shield is okay, but you can consider getting a better one way earlier because of its low stability, like one of the crest shields (better stats, same stability at the beginning, allow you to use more titanites because they upgrade with twinkling titanite), the thing is that the warrior has almost no levels in faith and Int, this way you can put everything in physical damages.

And the point? The glory!

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw multiple guides say that it doesn't really matter which class you pick in the beginning. They have some fringe benefits, but you can really do anything you want as far as leveling up.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw multiple guides say that it doesn't really matter which class you pick in the beginning. They have some fringe benefits, but you can really do anything you want as far as leveling up.
    It depends, in Dark Souls 2 there is no point, because there is the terrible system with the soul memory and the soul vessels.

While in Dark Souls PTDE, there is a level cap set by the players if you want to play with other players, around level 120-145, then your beginning class comes into play, because if you have 11 levels in faith and intelligence but you don't want to use any spells, then it may be more interesting to start with less Int an Fth.

But then it's all about the meta and the level caps determined by the players.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, because of how Soul Vessel (an extremely rare item) works, I can see the point. I also do not understand what are the major differences between classes like Knight, Bandit, and Warrior (and probably Swordsman). Once you're leveling up, there's no huge difference that makes pick different classes becomes significant. I'd still argue Cleric and Sorcerer are the best starting classes though, simply because they have long range spells and anything like that since very early.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Yeah, because of how Soul Vessel (an extremely rare item) works, I can see the point. I also do not understand what are the major differences between classes like Knight, Bandit, and Warrior (and probably Swordsman). Once you're leveling up, there's no huge difference that makes pick different classes becomes significant. I'd still argue Cleric and Sorcerer are the best starting classes though, simply because they have long range spells and anything like that since very early.
    I was talking about the original game, but good to know. Who even knows if I'll ever get to DS2

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I kinda expecting that answer but my point is, for some reason I just don't see that it is necessary for DS to have so many classes yet they're kinda similar to each other except on very early levels.

Oh, I know some of the guys here like DS more than DS 2, but honestly I like DS 2 more; sure some changes to the mechanics can be annoying but the world is much superior IMHO. Moreover, I think DS 2 is more accessible to beginner players, simply because the bosses difficulty curve is not steadily going up, instead sometimes they throw easy bosses here and there.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I kinda expecting that answer but my point is, for some reason I just don't see that it is necessary for DS to have so many classes yet they're kinda similar to each other except on very early levels.

Oh, I know some of the guys here like DS more than DS 2, but honestly I like DS 2 more; sure some changes to the mechanics can be annoying but the world is much superior IMHO. Moreover, I think DS 2 is more accessible to beginner players, simply because the bosses difficulty curve is not steadily going up, instead sometimes they throw easy bosses here and there.
    I think most hardcore fans will say that's BS in the first place. The game isn't made to be accessible. But it seems they've made slight adjustments to that, even with going from Demon Souls to Dark Souls.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, well when I said "more accessible" of course I compared it to Demon's Souls/Dark Souls, rather than most games in general. For example, I think the tutorial part of DS 2 is much less intimidating compared to DS when you are just immediately confronted with the first boss.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, well when I said "more accessible" of course I compared it to Demon's Souls/Dark Souls, rather than most games in general. For example, I think the tutorial part of DS 2 is much less intimidating compared to DS when you are just immediately confronted with the first boss.
    Well, that's what I meant by the guide aspect of this game. I seriously doubt anyone who plays the game just plays and doesn't look up anything online. It's like From Software is just assuming people are going to do it. The game is already hardcore enough with guidance. Playing it without any seems insane.

New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast