Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuha Bach's power, the possibilities

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Yuha Bach's power, the possibilities

Hey guys, I have been thinking a lot about Ywach's power, the way he distributes pieces of his soul, and then devours other souls that have been affected. So here comes the tough part: As we know, people who received gifts from him died sooner or later unavoidably. We also know that Haschwalt is the Balancer, so he can go hax mode in certain situations. What if Ywach gave a piece of his soul to Aizen? Maybe the inscription is a special kind, or if they can involve Haschwalt, maybe they find a way around the "immortality" granted by the hogyoku. AND if Aizen dies, all of that fat soul of his, fused with the HG, goes to Ywach wich can lead to some drastic outcomes. Opinions?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yuha Bach's power, the possibilities

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzier View Post
    Hey guys, I have been thinking a lot about Ywach's power, the way he distributes pieces of his soul, and then devours other souls that have been affected. So here comes the tough part: As we know, people who received gifts from him died sooner or later unavoidably. We also know that Haschwalt is the Balancer, so he can go hax mode in certain situations. What if Ywach gave a piece of his soul to Aizen? Maybe the inscription is a special kind, or if they can involve Haschwalt, maybe they find a way around the "immortality" granted by the hogyoku. AND if Aizen dies, all of that fat soul of his, fused with the HG, goes to Ywach wich can lead to some drastic outcomes. Opinions?
    You've made a very good point there my friend! What if these War Potentials are actually individuals chosen that could increase Yhwach's power to that needed to obliterate the Soul King? It would make sense why Yhwach went to so much trouble to find Aizen, and not be that bothered when he turned him down; it wouldn't matter if Yhwach has managed to distribute part of his soul to Aizen!

Another possibility is that the remaining 4 War Potentials are required in order to bring Aizen down. The 5 War Potentials are those involved in his plan to steal Aizen's power (which, of course, includes Aizen himself)...
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well even if, Yhwach could absorb the war potentials, he still needs to give portions of his soul to others, in order to survive. It's just as Haschwalth stated, wars are what allow Yhwach to continue living on and on and on. If anything, the war potentials could be candidates suited to begin "new wars" that will serve Yhwach's overall agenda of staying alive.

Maybe that's why, Aizen refused his offer. I don't Harribel had much of a choice as we saw 2 years ago, when this story arc began.

p.s., damn, it's been two years already, sheesh.

"I did battle with ignorance today and ignorance won".

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Hollowichigoblazed's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm calling it here reshi sabers the thing uuryu used against the chick with the yo yo onec again ju bach will have a reshi saber in addition to his swords and oth ed
    If you dont like me then fine it cost you nothing pay me no mind

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate to say it... but it IS possible that Ichigo will pull a Neo here (a Matrix reference). Meaning, at the end of the story, he might let his soul get absorbed by Bach. But then Bach will get destroyed from the inside by Ichigo's soul, similar to what happened to Agent Smith when he tried to take over Neo. (We already have precedent of a Quincy being unable to keep control over a Bankai that's infected with hollow reiatsu, which Ichigo has.) I wouldn't put it past Kubo, would you?
    Last edited by Cyrs; March 17, 2014 at 03:01 AM.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, as far as I understand juhabach does not actually absorb souls whole but rather he simply takes back the little piece he had originally given. So the case is not necessarily that every time someone with a piece of his soul dies he the full blunt of their power. The piece returns to him greater. Here is the translation:
    Quote Quote:
    [Text: The people around treated the baby like a precious treasure. // This was because everyone who touched the baby found that they gradually gained something that they lacked. // Those with afflictions of the lungs found their lungs were healed... // Those who were lonely found their hearts satisfied... // Those who were cowardly found courage... // And even those who had lost their legs found them gradually growing once more. // For this baby possessed the power to share out his own soul. // Anyone who touched the baby received a fragment of his soul... // ...and those fragments healed the wounds that their own souls alone could not. // At the same time... // As their wounds slowly healed, the knowledge they had gained, the abilities they had learned through great effort, the skills they had awakened within themselves... // ...were all imprinted upon the fragments of the baby’s soul that they had received. // Until...]

[Text: At the moment of their deaths... // ...those fragments returned to the baby. // None who touched the baby lived for much longer. // A few years... // A few months... // Some even died after a few days. // Yet even so... / The people continued to gather around the baby. // As he regained the fragments of his soul that he had shared out... // ...the baby’s immobile arms and legs... // ...and his unseeing eyes began to heal. // In time... // ...when the baby’s deaf ears became able to hear... // ...he realised that the people had begun to call him by an unusual name.]
    As for aizen, even if he does have a piece of juhabach's soul I doubt he would actually have an inscription. The actual inscription seems to be a voluntary thing so far, we saw the process by which uryu got a letter and I doubt aizen would actually go through that. Now, if aizen does have a piece of juhabach'ss soul then it would likely be a similar scenario to how shinigami have a piece of juhabach' soul. Now, juhabach could still get a lot from aizen if he does have a piece of his soul however it wouldn't be as much as he would get if aizen actually had a letter. Perhaps what juhabach actually intended from getting aizen to join him was to imprint him with a letter.

Thinking about it perhaps there is a special purpose in juhabach handing out his soul to shinigami who had their bankai stolen. Juhabach had royd fight yamamoto and yamamoto used his zanka no tachi. That means royd learned about that bankai and when he died that information would have presumably gone to juhabach. But we also know shinigami who had their bankai stolen got a piece of juhabach's soul in them. So juhabach has quite a lot of information about yamamoto's bankai from 2 separate sources, one is royd and the other would be the piece of juhabach yamamoto momentarily had. Juhabach is in an ideal position to use the full power of yamamoto's bankai as his knowledge could actually contain intimate information of how to use it. There is a certain freedom to bankai usage, perhaps juhabach might actually use it differently, in a way that actually suits him.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member raikwolf's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well considering that Yuha stole Zanka no Tachi he has all the information he needs, now this about Aizen and the war potentials is quite interesting.
    About Yuha's "actual" powers, he might be like Ichigo... just raw power, aside from Getsuga Tensho Ichigo doesn't have any particular ability (yet) is just raw and tremendous power. Maybe Juhabach is the same, he is able to give power but unable to developt it himself it might be a little similar to Ichigo's case (courtesy of Hogyouku) affecting Chad and Orihime. They're quite similar yet very different.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think War Potential are people who are required to take down Soul King. Yeah, he did visit Aizen. Yeah, he didn't care Aizen turned him down. He specifically said, that Aizen will have an eternity to think about it. He doesn't plan on killing him. That means NO soul fragment for him. He didn't want to kill Ichigo too. He wanted to reeducate him. War Potentials are just people who are better with SRs than against them. I don't think there's anything more to it. If there is, it has nothing to do with Juha's power and soul fragments. So far he didn't show any intention of giving his soul to them, nor did he want to take it back.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post
    I hate to say it... but it IS possible that Ichigo will pull a Neo here (a Matrix reference). Meaning, at the end of the story, he might let his soul get absorbed by Bach. But then Bach will get destroyed from the inside by Ichigo's soul, similar to what happened to Agent Smith when he tried to take over Neo. (We already have precedent of a Quincy being unable to keep control over a Bankai that's infected with hollow reiatsu, which Ichigo has.) I wouldn't put it past Kubo, would you?
    Yo, that'd be cool as sh*t. Ichigo fighting inside of Ywhach's mind in order to defeat him. That's a cool-a** concept.

"I did battle with ignorance today and ignorance won".

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Bach has the letter A for Aleph = The One and only God who is the Master of the universe, the gematria for the parts of the letter Aleph add up to 26. This is the same number as the sacred name YHVH, also indicating a link between the Aleph and God Himself (The Soul King in this case) ~ The Primordial of all creation.

I realized that I am merely a conscience programmed into a game.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jiraiyanindo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    Bach has the letter A for Aleph = The One and only God who is the Master of the universe, the gematria for the parts of the letter Aleph add up to 26. This is the same number as the sacred name YHVH, also indicating a link between the Aleph and God Himself (The Soul King in this case) ~ The Primordial of all creation.
    So then do you believe that juha bach and the soul king are somehow intertwined? That's an interesting concept.

I have the feeling that right when all the gotei 13 have defeated the SR and start celebrating, then juha bach will walk up and say "thank you for returning the pieces of my soul to me. Now I am invincible."

That will start the leveling of the playing field with SS losing all their fighters but ichigo.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    I tell ya, it's A for Arrow. It'll be classic troll from Kubo. Juha uses big ass arrows, Uryu uses looooots of arrows.

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerneas's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    I tell ya, it's A for Arrow. It'll be classic troll from Kubo. Juha uses big ass arrows, Uryu uses looooots of arrows.
    Yeah I'm gonna go with this. Everybody is overthinking his letter and coming up with all these grand titles like Almighty, Absolute and now even Aleph. Makes sense but y'know it probably just IS Arrow. I can't imagine Ishida being anything else and if there are not 2 different A's he's gonna have that too. He even killed Yama with an arrow that he used like a sword....the same way Ishida used an arrow like a sword in Arrancar arc. He fired it from a giant bow in the sky and then chopped Yama in half.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It wouldn't make sense that his letter is A for arrow. Letters so far invariably stand for the abilities of the stern riter, I don't particularly see a reason for juhabach's letter to not stand for his ability. And we know juhabach's ability is not "arrows", his ability is to give away pieces of his soul and retrieve them. The only way his letter could stand for arrow is that for whatever reason he calls the pieces of souls he gives away arrows. Going by the aleph thing MVBC pointed out, I found something interesting (in wikipedia but still, I have nothing else to go on).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ale...%29#Background
    In the background part of the article they make an interesting point.
    Quote Quote:
    Its esoteric meaning in Judaic Kabbalah, as denoted in the theological treatise Sefer-ha-Bahir, relates to the origin of the universe, the "primordial one that contains all numbers"
    Isn't this kinda like what juhabach does? All the pieces, all the letters, return to him which means that in the end juhabach will be the one that contains all the letters. I am not sure of the details but there might be something to the aleph thing (more like an inspiration rather than aleph being his letter though).

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    It wouldn't make sense that his letter is A for arrow. Letters so far invariably stand for the abilities of the stern riter, I don't particularly see a reason for juhabach's letter to not stand for his ability. And we know juhabach's ability is not "arrows", his ability is to give away pieces of his soul and retrieve them.
    Quincies are neglecting arrows. Name one Sternritter who actually used arrows during an invasion. Kirge in HM did, SR fighting Kyoraku used something similar (he had guns, though). They use swords, throwing knives, Zanpakutos, machine guns, hand-to-hand. Arrows? NOONE. And even if Kirge did use arrows, where is his bow? Didn't see any.

Yes, his power is distributing his soul. But this power WOULDN'T give him Quincy powers that he has. Unless he gave those powers to Quincy, who shouldn't exist, and get it back to become father of all Quincies. He has that ability AND Quincy powers. Noone said his Quincy powers are just his soul distributing. If so, his Quincy power letter shouldn't come from his other power.

But I think his letter is simple. Like... "All". A for All, A as in Arrow/Archery (I haven't seen another Quincy archer for a while, have you?) for Ishida.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast