Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Yuha Bach's power, the possibilities

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yuha Bach's power, the possibilities

Ichigo is stronger now than when he fought Aizen right? So he's still carrying around that transcended blah blah power level...can quincys be that strong without going hybrid?

I mean Yama defeated Bach 1000 years ago, Yama is stronger now than then...well definitely his bankai, yet he was so easily killed by Bach or does anyone think that the fight would have been different if Bach had fought him 1 vs 1 from the start and not steal his bankai.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    I mean Yama defeated Bach 1000 years ago, Yama is stronger now than then...well definitely his bankai, yet he was so easily killed by Bach or does anyone think that the fight would have been different if Bach had fought him 1 vs 1 from the start and not steal his bankai.
    Theoretically speaking, it's possible to walk from Oslo -> Singapore then back but no one chooses to do that, I wonder why?

Anyway, there are only 2 options here: either Bach's physical body ages or it doesn't. If it doesn't then why does he need a successor? Bach is a very self-centered man hence he doesn't need to create another equal with him for no reason. If his physical body does age then he must find a way to cheat the law of nature, because he doesn't like dying at all therefore he has to find a big young potential then uses some exotic methods to take over the body. Around 1000 years ago after he scattered his soul into lots of people, what happened to his physical body? Who guarded it during this long period of time?
    Last edited by MBVC; April 25, 2014 at 12:35 AM.

Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lots of variables....one of them you could end up in your own version of the movie Hostel, pretty sure no one wants that :/

I'm really digging the body swap idea...I can't imagine that Bach truly believes Ishida to be his rightful successor and is planning to give him everything if and when he steps down. He doesn't seem like that type of guy. He needs Ishida for some reason...if not a body swap then as a tool to stall against Ichigo. Ichigo won't want to kill Ishida, at least I don't think so lol

It's interesting too that he made all eyes on Ishida...it's not like he could be any real threat....last time he fought he was pretty damn weak. Hopefully his next power up will put him well above captain class otherwise he's just fodder. I wonder what kinda hax ability he'll have for A?

Btw your avatar is oddly creepy lol.
    Last edited by cracker; April 08, 2014 at 08:08 PM.

Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

A small remark, there are several hierarchies of Aleph: Aleph sub zero, Aleph sub one etc....

I guess Uryu is a level or two below Bach in this case.

Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo is stronger now than when he fought Aizen right? So he's still carrying around that transcended blah blah power level...can quincys be that strong without going hybrid?

Ichigo can't still be that strong simply because it wouldn't even make sense. Besides, both Quincy and Shinigami have been shown feeling his reiatsu in this arc, meaning it's no longer of the transcendent type where it can't be detected by normal spiritual beings.

On Yhwach vs. Yama, Yama might well have intensified his training after being forced to use his Bankai that first time, but between them I'd say Yhwach is the one who would probably have increased his power the most, given his ability. but it's tough to say since he never clashed with Yama's Bankai this time around.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    Ichigo can't still be that strong simply because it wouldn't even make sense. Besides, both Quincy and Shinigami have been shown feeling his reiatsu in this arc, meaning it's no longer of the transcendent type where it can't be detected by normal spiritual beings.

On Yhwach vs. Yama, Yama might well have intensified his training after being forced to use his Bankai that first time, but between them I'd say Yhwach is the one who would probably have increased his power the most, given his ability. but it's tough to say since he never clashed with Yama's Bankai this time around.
    Wow did I really type that? I must have been tired that day -___-

He should still be transcended though...Ginjo did say that returning Ichigo's power via Fullbring should make him a transcended being again.

Yeah it's true that he isn't as strong as when him fought Aizen. What I meant to type most likely was that at the end or towards to end...provided that Bach is indeed the final villain. I'm interested in seeing how Kubo makes it so that Ichigo will need to become that strong again or stronger to defeat him.

I'm wondering if absorbing the letters is enough of a power up for Bach.

I agree with you. Bach is likely the one who became significantly stronger over the 1000 year period. How much would be grasping at straws at the moment since we don't have enough information.

I think he could beat Yama with bankai... as to how easy or difficult of that I'm not sure. I think he needs to be at least stronger than Yama (as the final arc big bad) to be a significant threat to SS and the soul king.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

There's one thing I'm wondering...are all "Quincy" powers actually "Quincy" powers???

The basic Quincy ability is to manipulate reishi, which extends to manipulating things made of reishi such as souls. However, it's possible that abilities lying outside of this, such as Vollstandig and the epithet powers aren't natural Quincy powers, but actually collections of powers that Yhwach acquired from his numerous hosts. For all we know, the epithet powers could have come from slain Shinigami; Yhwach implants part of his soul into a Shinigami, the Shinigami dies, the soul fragment returns to Yhwach with some of the Shinigami's powers, and Yhwach can then bestow other Quincies with those powers.
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, loyd and royd were born with their ability although it is possible they were born with a piece of juhabach as ichigo was. Anyways, I doubt the volstandig is connected to juhabach or anyone in particular. The form is induced by an external tool and even kirge attributed the form itself to years of research. It is still a bit of a mystery exactly what quincy special abilities are though. It does not seem like the quincy that remained in the human world actually had any abilities by themselves for the most part. I mean, ishida has never displayed any abilities as far as we have seen. Unless he has an ability which we would not be able to physically see like juhabach's.....

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner karamm's Avatar
    Country
    Palestine
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems more appropriate to ask the question here rather than starting a whole new Yuha Bach thread.

So, just how disgustingly strong is Yuha Bach? From what I've understood from the explanation about his ppwers is that he was worshiped as a god and he is able to give parts of this power to others and after they die these powers return to Yuha Bach. If I'm not mistaken, the powers the Sternritter have belong to Yuha, right? When they die, Yuha goes to sleep or whatever and that power returns to him.
    It bothers me to think that Ichigo will eventually have to defeat Yuha Bach with all those abilities he has.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a bit of a Bach fanboy. I'm just loving the character's ruthlessness. As it concerns his powers I not exactly sure Kubo will give him all the abilities of the SR but rather a power boost and if he does (give Bach the abilities) it's likely Urahara will come up with a way to nullify them or he (Bach) for whatever reason will use the abilities in absurd ways or just completely forget he has them.

I mean Jesus...this dude has Yamma's bankai.. he will have Jame's power, As Nodt power, Gremmy's (when comfirmed dead) power etc all rolled up into one plus the fact that he's actually already strong...that's crazy. And crazy powers needs an even crazier way to be defeated (see every Marvel villain with god -like powers)

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think he gets the actual lettered abilities of people whose little juhabach he reclaims. Dunno, the idea seems a tad weird to me. Most characters actually only have one ability at a time and it seems like there is a rule about that for the most part. More so, its not like he is getting the actual souls of people whose little juhabach he reclaims, he only gets said little piece with the knowledge of the original user. I think each piece of soul will represent for him a bit of power, not the actual whole volume of reiatsu each person has. What might end up being frightening is the knowledge and experience juhabach has. He will essentially have knowledge of all forms of combat available to every warrior who has served him and that will be boost by the aggregate of reiatsu he gets from every piece of soul.

Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Another candidate is Amplifier such that the sum of all small parts is bigger than the total.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

The powers of all Quincy originated from Yhwach. There is no such a thing as humans with superpowers in Bleach, except for those related to Shinigami or Hollows. All Quincy have either drank of Yhwach blood to have a piece of his soul, or are descendants of someone who did. That's why Ichigo's mother died, Yhwach took back the part of his soul that was within her.

But that's not saying Yhwach should have the abilities of Bazz-B or As Nodt. He only gives them an Asauchi, how they develop their powers is up to them. The same way, I don't expect Yhwach will gain their unique abilities with their death.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Bach's power could probably be anything. If his soul gets absorbed into somebody, then comes back and he retains their power, his possibilities could be limitless. Maybe a hollowfied getsuga jujusho (or whatever that new attack was), through his eye socket would do the trick. That is if its possible to get that close.

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4