Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 3

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 3

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    I think I'm like, seriously, and really, addicted to sugar. I've been keeping myself in check for months with an occasional binge but went COMPLETELY crazy last four days. I'm afraid I'll make myself sick. And I feel bad because I actually wanna become a nutritionist/dietitian. Gotta cure myself first I think.

Gonna try cutting all sugar for a week. It's the worst though cos even if I didn't have anything in the house I will just buy chocolate/ice/pastries in school or on my way from school. And I know I shouldn't and why I shouldn't and I still can't make myself stop.

T_T
    Be strong D-girl ...if anything, you should at least exercise to work off the energy and all that other extra sweets give ...do you have the opportunity to exercise in nippon land?

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagi View Post
    Well, you already know too much sugar is detrimental to health but you simply can't help it. Nevertheless the only person who can stop you from eating more sugar is yourself. Just promise yourself that you won't eat sugar for a week and stick to it. If you don't trust yourself, you can post here that you make that promise. You can come a week later and give an update on whether you've fulfilled your promise or not. The bad feeling of knowing you'll be breaking your promise may perhaps motivate you to control yourself. It is all on you.
    I know and I'm going to do my best. I can update here x) It's just not something what I can be sure about how it turns out. I've been able to hold off sweets for weeks, eat just small amounts for months... but it somehow always catches up with me. Obviously it's a problem which has various causes/outcomes and not so easy to break but I'll try cutting all other different "unhealthy" things which I might have been keeping up thinking they were good. Exchange stress, pre-leaving depression, fear of "exchange weight", being unsatisfied with myself... So, cutting the diet which might have been too low (calorie counting difficult when I'm not in control of my food) and hopefully my insulin levels will stabilize.

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Would cutting it be the best choice? Rather than outright cutting it I would think that you should simply reduce the amount you eat meal by meal. If its an addiction then the issue is managing the urges, outright cutting sugar won't really help you with that. Avoid eating in between meals and try to replace your sugar sources. Rather than sweets aim for complex carbohydrates and stuff (veggies, grains...).
    From what I've read, it's the best to completely cut it for about a week and then try to go to "small amounts" and "self-control" phase. The problem isn't that I snack on something sweet. The problem is that when I do it turns into 10x more.

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Be strong D-girl ...if anything, you should at least exercise to work off the energy and all that other extra sweets give ...do you have the opportunity to exercise in nippon land?
    ....D-girl.........

I do, when I'm not too tired/lazy to go to gym after school. It's not that close so that doesn't happen too often. And weather is too "don't do it" to jog around the block, and I've been wanting to download some fun workouts like zumba or something good for mind like yoga, but I have limited wifi so I have to go to a starbucks first. I've decided to stop obsessing about weight until I return home though as I may or may not have put myself into starvation mode so I'm upping how much I eat ready to accept a few kilos until I stabilize.

Afraid of slipping into ED territory. I have motivation now but who knows how long it lasts.

ex oriente lux

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Or just do some regular stuff that doesn't require living the house nor internet...a few situps, squats and lots of stretching

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Substitute sugar with something healthy.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kdowns's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Bottoms Up?

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

We put or house on the market two days ago, and had an offer yesterday. I've never been attached to this house, but it makes me a little sad to leave it. "Don't know what you've got til it's gone" sort of bullshit.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The machine at my local train station deposits train tickets and change into the same slot. On Tuesday I paid the exact amount I needed to buy my ticket and reached for the slot after I paid. To my surprise, I discovered $2.00 that was apparently left there by someone who used the machine before me.

Of course I took it. Money is money.

9. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    The machine at my local train station deposits train tickets and change into the same slot. On Tuesday I paid the exact amount I needed to buy my ticket and reached for the slot after I paid. To my surprise, I discovered $2.00 that was apparently left there by someone who used the machine before me.

Of course I took it. Money is money.
    Similar things happen at the company I work too...we have a vending machine full of stuff there, and sometimes people forget that they have leftover change...it's always good to have a cheaper sandwich, cuz then you have money for juice too

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess I deeply hate how self-conscious and shy I have become. Like, that's one of the biggest regret I have - caring what others thought of me in middle school and as result, becoming shy and self-conscious because I didn't want to look like an idiot or something.

I confess I want to stop caring what others think of me again, and just be myself, but it's hard. Like, I'm good with people, so I really have no reason to be shy or self-conscious even with my speech impediment, but I. Can't. Help. It. But I"ve made progress.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I confess I deeply hate how self-conscious and shy I have become. Like, that's one of the biggest regret I have - caring what others thought of me in middle school and as result, becoming shy and self-conscious because I didn't want to look like an idiot or something.

I confess I want to stop caring what others think of me again, and just be myself, but it's hard. Like, I'm good with people, so I really have no reason to be shy or self-conscious even with my speech impediment, but I. Can't. Help. It. But I"ve made progress.
    Being self-conscious is good though, you should keep that...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Self-conscious may not be the word you wanted to use, more like scrutinize/question yourself?

I'm forced to take some therapy sessions currently, and it became a major topic.
    • Stop looking for faults somewhere, but yourself. Mistakes are part of every human being.
    • Envy and grudges are bad for yourself, look out for things that are good in your own life and be thanful for those.
    • Stop holding on to stuff, that anger/provoke/annoy you or keep you from progressing/advancing in your aims.
    • Stop complaining, it just creates negativity. Instead look and better yourself and your environment. The german word has the double meaning: one being burdening you/pulling you down and complaining.
    • Don't try to control everything/every situation, as every human, animal or even things have a live of their own. Little is clear cut, people you know look at things differently, life is full of suprises.
    • Evaluating, judging, criticizing has often no effect, the universe doesn't care what you think about it. Feel and enjoy the world, percieve it as it is, Pay attention o what you like, that stuff will make you happy.
    • Stop caring/regreting/overthinking so much, the past is unchangable, the present is what's important. Just try to do better next time, recognize the next chances and act, that should be what you should concentrate on.
    • Negative soliloquies can be one huge pain in the ass. They often lead to depression, destroy your confidence and force you to think about negatives. Next time your catch yourself having those, force yourself into encouraging ones.
    • Nothing is pefect, always try to better yourself instead of aiming for a perfect version immediately. Perfectionism can be a fear, that stops you from achieving your goals with indulgence, joy and inspiration.
    • The fear of consequences is often misplaced, e.g. if you overthink stuff instead of just giving your opinion, can often lead to a worse situation. Don't deny your own importance, your creativity and humaneness. Be brave and open your mouth.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Being self-conscious is good though, you should keep that...
    how is it good?

You forgot one more thing, Schabrak:

Try to have fun in life, and don't take it so seriously.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member liductan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post

I can relate..I'm having a hard time opening my mouth and expressing myself. I used to not care at all, I started caring because I would hurt people feelings, still does. What ever came to mind would come out my mind, or it would run on it's own. I didn't like hurting others people's feeling but it wasn't always bad, sometimes what I said wold funny but of course I focused on the negativity. The way I would speak to people came out very hard, harsh, sometimes rude. I always been this way since I was kid, I have a very strong personality, I'm tired of restraining myself, I just like to tell it like it is. I sound like a lion but lately people have been treating people like a little mouse, all because I don't talk back.
    I starting shutting down, now people run over me. I am pushed around, when I know full well I can shut down those people down. Well, I'm sick of it, I'm going to talk, everyone makes mistakes, I just have to learn the art of control. I'm tired of feeling dead.
    I have a black-belt in sarcasm, a degree in smartass and experienced in Bitch. Yep, I am damn ninja..

---you have been warned..

18. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess that I've been drinking more than I'd like too.
    I mean, it's not like an alcoholic, but 1 year and a half ago I used to drink once a week, last semester I was drinking 3 times a week, even 4 depending on the week.
    And now with the world cup and no classes there was a couple of weeks that I drank 5 times. It's just... I get bored to be home alone at night and every invitation I get is to drink with some friend.
    I'll try to scale it back to once a week next semester... problem is that "doing nothing" gets me bored and when I'm bored I get anxious.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Adorien's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

I also have problems expressing myself but it comes from feeling awkward and/or embarassed. You know when things sound logical in your head and when you hear the words come from your mouth it's somehow not what it was supposed to... Yeah.

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Sometimes I just want to reprogram myself. I know it's all me and I can change anything I like but it's sooo hard.

New Reply
Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast